Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,346 members, 7,850,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:19 PM

Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? (11713 Views)

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Poleski: 12:10am On Sep 14, 2021
It's very dumb to leave your job without having another job to fall back on.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Barnesgreat: 4:54am On Sep 14, 2021
two weeks into my managerial job of 50k in Abuja, I quit. Not only was the salary too small, the job came with a barrage of insults from the owner who thinks its also my duty to accept all her vituperance with a smile. I stayed for 4 months before I got my next job but trust me, I got a much better paying job of more than thrice my former salary. He who is afraid of loosing sight of the shore will never be able to swim across the ocean.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by ddeola: 5:38am On Sep 14, 2021
DON'T TRY IT O as long as your life is not under any threat or you have a clear direction from God to do so...Dis is Naija where a bird in hand is worth several millions in d bush o.

Keep up the search and don't resign until you have gotten another job, it will just be like you are resuming at another branch. In-between jobs no b good experience o. Good luck bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Offpoint1: 7:22am On Sep 14, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:

BMC cheap paid agent
Na lie you dey lie, no be any friend carry the plasma TVs. Na you run am.
Lol, if na me no be TV I go carry naw. I just enter carry 2 bottles of wine, e don cover my salary.
I go come carry 2 trophy join make I use celebrate for housegrin

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by damoceile: 8:57pm On Sep 14, 2021
Offpoint1:

He was the SECURITY and 2 other guys, dem do team work 5amgrin
Dem still carry 25liters of diesel join bodygrin

I believe you now

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by horlanrewaju11(m): 4:06pm On Oct 04, 2021
preshyusufu:
hope sey village people no wan borrow you for usage against yourself. you have worked for 8 months unpaid, and the company promised to clear the debt at the end of the month, my brother before you leave, wait collect your money first.

now the month as ended and there's no sign of payment
Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by horlanrewaju11(m): 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2021
bodybuilder:
How where you able to work 8 months without salary?
I'm damn tired bro...
Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by horlanrewaju11(m): 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2021
Offpoint1:
last time hotel owed my guy six month salary, my guy just package 5 plasma TVs from vacant rooms and japa... grin
and what about his guarantors?
Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by horlanrewaju11(m): 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2021
damoceile:
One thing I know about security job is they won't pay all the debts you are being owed at once like they said, they make use of this strategy to hold their staffs down so they won't be able to quit, I have been in that situation before ... Guy there is no future on the job and there is no better time to quit than now, but just hang on till month end and see if they will pay or not.... Whatever amount they pay just collect it and quit(nah wetin you go take hold body till you get another job be that).
but till now there's no payment
Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Offpoint1: 7:12pm On Oct 04, 2021
horlanrewaju11:
and what about his guarantors?
Guarantor na army mangrin
Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by damoceile: 9:11pm On Oct 04, 2021
horlanrewaju11:
but till now there's no payment

Bro just forget the money and start planing how you will quit..... Write a CV and start looking for vacancies elsewhere bro...
Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by horlanrewaju11(m): 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2021
damoceile:

Bro just forget the money and start planing how you will quit..... Write a CV and start looking for vacancies elsewhere bro...
I'm not feeling too well for now if you check my last topic

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Npower: What Account Validity Means / Allianz Nigeria Insurance Plc Job Recruitment / Ways To Research A Company Before The Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.