Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience (11858 Views)

12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves / What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? / What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2021
Mr100Dollars:
My boss owed me for like 6 months before i left the job, out of the 6 months salary, he paid me half of one month. I collected it because of POVERTY, but that was the last time i work for someone base on salary. I can only work for someone again when I'm abroad, never will i work for a Nigérian boss again

More wins bossman, you're a living testimony, your post is an inspiration
Honestly boss, some bosses are horrible! They will make your life a living hell just because you are at their mercy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by Zico777(m): 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
Pavore9:
i

Is GNLD still existing? cheesy
Dem Don change name to Neolife

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2021
The day I knew the history of Nigeria cry
Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by Zico777(m): 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2021
nenyeRitta:
treked a longed distance to an invite location only to discover that its another gnld schemes
grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by Doyou2019: 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2021
A workplace snitch - whom I took as a friend - poisoned the CEO's mind against me, out of jealousy for the goodwill I was enjoying from the company owner at the time. Madam suddenly went cold on me shortly after learning that I had plans to leave for greener pastures. The tantrums ehn no be here.

Las Las I was frustrated out of that job. If only I had kept my big mouth shut. grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by MrFly(m): 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
In 2009 working for two weeks without appointment letter, eventually getting the letter with a pay of 20k. Resigned after 2monthz

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by qaulyns27: 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
Mr100Dollars:
My boss owed me for like 6 months before i left the job, out of the 6 months salary, he paid me half of one month. I collected it because of POVERTY, but that was the last time i work for someone base on salary. I can only work for someone again when I'm abroad, never will i work for a Nigérian boss again

More wins bossman, you're a living testimony, your post is an inspiration
I tap into your testimony boss. Things are just so bad that I hard eat. Please smile on your boy. 3070013039. Collins Utomi. Firstbank. No amount is too small boss. God bless you sir.
Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by qaulyns27: 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
I was working as a teacher at a community that's 30 minutes away from where I lived at the time. I had to get free ride to and from everyday and sometimes I take bus.
Salary was 13k per month as a degree holder (2.1) and if I'm late, I got fined 200 from my salary for each time I was late.
I woke up late one day and decided I need to stop this. My girlfriend at the time (now my wife) asked if I had a plan and I said no but I'm done suffering like this.
I won't tell you the rest of the story but today, I have my own tech company, my wife has her own beauty business and the family have a standard school of our own. We are happy.
Never allow yourself to be used by evil bosses. If you don't quit, you won't know what your next move should be.
boss, I tap into your testimony. Things are hard for me here that even to eat is a problem. Please help me in your little way boss. Any amount will go a long way in feeding.
Collins Utomi.
First bank.
God bless you bro.
Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by Egein(m): 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2021
MD of Odun Environmental Limited, God will continue to punish you abundantly.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by Iphran6: 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2021
AfroBeatDiary:
GNLD... The name alone is painful.
I understand your pain, I was a victim too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by MakaveliTheDon(m): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2021
Mine happened about 2yrs ago.

I travelled from Lagos along Ikorodu-sagamu Road to Abeokuta only to find out that its a gnld vacancy.

I was pained.. If you're conversant with that route you would know how terrible the roads are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by Badfinga: 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
Hmm. Mine was Kaduna State teachers recruitment. Did the application online, got shortlisted and have to travel down to Kaduna for CBT.
After some time, results was released and I passed. Then came invitation for interview. Still went down to Kaduna, answered all the four questions presented correctly , and lastly they asked about my state of origin (which is not part of the questions).From that moment I knew it's only God's grace that will work for me(I lost hope) .
After waiting for like two months or so, I heard the list was out. Login to their portal and input my details, got a message saying NOT SELECTED, TRY AGAIN IN THE NEXT RECRUITMENT. E pain me no be small

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by pegix(m): 9:34pm On Sep 11, 2021
Being skilful help save the stress

It is well o embarassed
Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by Gkemz: 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2021
The most painful job experience that made me swear never to be dependent of any individual in the private sector was being laid off after all my commitment and effort to push the company forward without any form of notice, query, let alone compensation.
The same company later recalled me when they realize my unique impact to the organization but then I've taken the decision to be self employed.
Unfortunately for them I halted the huge contract I secured and withdrew all the quotations. Many of my clients I introduced, who loved the manner I treated them, in order to display their annoyances shifted their loyalty to competitors brands. And when the company realized that, they tried to entice me with a salary increase but then my mind was already made up.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by Abdul240(m): 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2021
Pavore9:
i

Is GNLD still existing? cheesy
Yes they are still existing but they are not knwn as GNLD any more they are called NEOLIFE INTERNATIONAL. Do u want to join?
Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by Lilfemzie(m): 10:36pm On Sep 11, 2021
Mine was January 29 2020; I started work as a driver same month... My routine was to drop my boss at 'Ikeja Allen Ave' and return to crash in the company building at Arepo without the car... Omo that very day I had nothing left on me for tfare talk more of night food...plus I'm the very shy type: nothing hard me pass to beg. Couldn't ask my Boss either. I walked up to his gate keeper cause I felt we relate better, omo the baba turn me down o, that alone don kill the vibe to even ask anyone else, lol shy people like me go understand. Naso I begin 'The Long Trek 2 Arepo'... I don waka pass half of 'Long Bridge'(for those familiar with that route) before two police men block me with okada begin descend on me like low life criminal (it was dark already at the time), as dem dey beat me naso adey try pull out my phone and driver's license dey try explain, omo these men don beat me to their satisfaction before dem care to hear my story. Lass lass dem help me reach 'Wa Wa b.stop' before Arepo, dash me 500naira say may I dey go. Didn't know if to swear for dem or not! Omo I can't forget that day EVER!!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by RIDOO: 10:40pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
I was working as a teacher at a community that's 30 minutes away from where I lived at the time. I had to get free ride to and from everyday and sometimes I take bus.
Salary was 13k per month as a degree holder (2.1) and if I'm late, I got fined 200 from my salary for each time I was late.
I woke up late one day and decided I need to stop this. My girlfriend at the time (now my wife) asked if I had a plan and I said no but I'm done suffering like this.
I won't tell you the rest of the story but today, I have my own tech company, my wife has her own beauty business and the family have a standard school of our own. We are happy.
Never allow yourself to be used by evil bosses. If you don't quit, you won't know what your next move should be.

Yes o... Kudos to you.Years back after so much humiliation, emotional damages ,frustration,bi monthly payment of salary,l resigned without getting another job.But, l was so happy l'm leaving that job to be unemployed.It reminded me of the story of the Israelites leaving the land of Egypt (A land of slavery). Sincerely leaving was one of the best things that have happened to me... That experience and my decision was a breakthrough for me and it really made me at the long run.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by Lilfemzie(m): 10:43pm On Sep 11, 2021
[quote author=AfroBeatDiary post=105721097]GNLD... The name alone is painful

grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by Gibssy(m): 10:45pm On Sep 11, 2021
When I newly arrived Lags I came across a notice board requesting for employees, with the payment of 45-50k. After I called the MD I was asked to start the following day with my guarantor with me. After several talks and questions she eventually absorbed me into her company. I was told that I will be trained for gud 2days. When I began,it wasn't in any way a training but partially using to work. Now the timing is 6am-6pm (morning shift while night shift is from 3pm-12am. We always sleep in the office because the office was in her house. She's very insultive, arrogance, proud. The most painful part of it all is that she doesn't admit she's wrong when she do something bitter toward us. It was a bullshit experience which I don't pray should happen again

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by NEROSKY(m): 11:27pm On Sep 11, 2021
Badfinga:
Hmm. Mine was Kaduna State teachers recruitment. Did the application online, got shortlisted and have to travel down to Kaduna for CBT.
After some time, results was released and I passed. Then came invitation for interview. Still went down to Kaduna, answered all the four questions presented correctly , and lastly they asked about my state of origin (which is not part of the questions).From that moment I knew it's only God's grace that will work for me(I lost hope) .
After waiting for like two months or so, I heard the list was out. Login to their portal and input my details, got a message saying NOT SELECTED, TRY AGAIN IN THE NEXT RECRUITMENT. E pain me no be small

Quota system will drain north - which state are you from bro?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by dsocioemmy(m): 11:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
We dey suffer sha angry
Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by NEROSKY(m): 11:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
Lilfemzie:
Mine was January 29 2020; I started work as a driver same month... My routine was to drop my boss at 'Ikeja Allen Ave' and return to crash in the company building at Arepo without the car... Omo that very day I had nothing left on me for tfare talk more of night food...plus I'm the very shy type: nothing hard me pass to beg. Couldn't ask my Boss either. I walked up to his gate keeper cause I felt we relate better, omo the baba turn me down o, that alone don kill the vibe to even ask anyone else, lol shy people like me go understand. Naso I begin 'The Long Trek 2 Arepo'... I don waka pass half of 'Long Bridge'(for those familiar with that route) before two police men block me with okada begin descend on me like low life criminal (it was dark already at the time), as dem dey beat me naso adey try pull out my phone and driver's license dey try explain, omo these men don beat me to their satisfaction before dem care to hear my story. Lass lass dem help me reach 'Wa Wa b.stop' before Arepo, dash me 500naira say may I dey go. Didn't know if to swear for dem or not! Omo I can't forget that day EVER!!!

grin grin angry

Sorry bro, this is too funny!!

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by kushlomo(m): 12:53am On Sep 12, 2021
I did my I.T in the firm 2009, I went back to school to get my degree certificate and returned to the company in 2015 and was working as casual worker. We asked in 2017 to submit our CV that they want to permanent us. We did that and I didn't get a call until late 2019 to submit our original documents. I was happy and I did. I was later told that they screened me out because I have Degree Certificate and they only employed those with national diploma. I was pained and didn't get myself for like a month. Its a federal government agency NIMASA.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by Lebronjames23(m): 7:53am On Sep 12, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
I was working as a teacher at a community that's 30 minutes away from where I lived at the time. I had to get free ride to and from everyday and sometimes I took buses.
Salary was 13k per month as a degree holder (2.1) and I got fined 200 from my salary for each time I was late.
ma drop aza boss?
Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by VTJN(m): 8:03am On Sep 12, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
I was working as a teacher at a community that's 30 minutes away from where I lived at the time. I had to get free ride to and from everyday and sometimes I took buses.
Salary was 13k per month as a degree holder (2.1) and I got fined 200 from my salary for each time I was late.
well articulated

Sir can you employ me as one of your staff? Had a degree in geography and planning, came out top of the class with basic computer skills. Thanks
Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by smailon: 8:09am On Sep 12, 2021
I was about to kill two birds with one stone in the month of October 2019 after attending two interviews in one week. One with a power company (Indian) and the other with a furniture company (indigenous).

After a rigorous five-stage process with the furniture company, I alone made it to the fifth stage out of 7 prospect and never thought I wouldn't get the job because I did all that was required of me.

About a week later I got an appointment letter through mail from the power company (Indian) offering me the job to work in Abuja with a basic salary of 60k and site allowance of 10k. Funny thing is the job is contract bound to last for only six months.
"How am I supposed to relocate to Abuja to start a new life knowing that I would earn only 420k in six months with no probation of extension". Only house rent sef don finish the money.

I humbly declined the offer expecting the furniture company (salary=200k) to call me because I fulfilled all righteousness grin

One week pass, two weeks pass no show. I called the HR "how far" he said his hands were tied. There's only little he can do because his ogas at the top had different opinions.

I moved on, no pain, no sh*t

Fast-forward to about two years later, I got a call from the furniture company to come for another interview. I greed and an interview was scheduled on my terms.
In my head "how am I supposed to go through those rigorous processes again without any assurance I will get the job offer and its not like they are calling me to come pick up an appointment letter". Heck no I can't. A day to the interview I called and told them I can't make it due to personal reasons.

It felt like retribution and I am glad I didn't make the move.

Prior to the two scenarios above, in the year 2018, I did an interview with an indigenous oil company with head office in Abuja. I never applied for the job. I only got a call from the HR that he got my CV via Jobberman. I travelled to Abuja, did the interview, passed and a congratulatory email was sent to me asking me to wait for MD's approval.

I was in Abuja for two months without any call. I decided to go to the office to make sure everything was still in order. I met a man who is presumably an HR officer. He brought out a list of seven people who were chosen to be appointed and my name was 5th on the list. He asked me to wait patiently that we would be called soon.

My people, I got ghosted till date no call, no mail, no sh*t.

I thank God for every interview I attended in the past. I learnt a great deal to better myself and learning new things in the process. Today I am running a personal enterprise and earning nothing less than 150k monthly. Not big though but enough to give me peace of mind and knowing fully I don't work for no one but myself.

Last last na God get power. Na only muscle we get. And we go use am where we fit use am

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience by authority2006(m): 8:38am On Sep 12, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Sounded like my experience at Dangote company and my decision after departing from the company. Nice one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Paid Per Hour When You Become Our Tutor / Iconic Ace Genuity / Chrisland School Recruitment!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.