Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,228 members, 7,822,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home (20660 Views)

Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? / Anambra Widow Sleeps Outside After She Was Thrown Out Of Her Home By Relatives / Meet Anna And Lucy DeCinque, Identical Twin Sisters Who Share The Same Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2021
phemmylink:
Baby mama's and single mothers everywhere! Divorce is the talk of the town everyday, Yet some are enjoying their Marriage.... What is the in thing, what is the secret recipe of marriage or home.

That “Enjoying” you used… hmmm. It means someone is sacrificing a lot to keep the marriage. And d sacrifice is now d new norm. At times it is d woman that makes d most sacrifice (initial stage of the marriage before children), at times it is d man (after the wife has given birth to children). At time both of them make sacrifices to keep the marriage. That sacrifice is what some people can’t make. And its due to a lot of conditions.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by ststyreal(f): 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
A happy home is first and foremost a prayerful home. It's followed by choice/decision made by both partner and the determination to ensure their decision to have a happy home stands while putting into practise those attributes that make a happy home i.e forgiveness, patience, tolerance, empathy etc.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by topiiiiiiii(f): 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2021
mariahAngel:
A steady happy home is not by luck.
To have a happy home, you have to create the environment for happiness to thrive.
Communication. Understanding. Compromise. Patience. Tolerance. These are some of the ingredients to having a happy home.
Never letting a matter linger for too long without addressing it.
Also, knowing when you’re wrong and apologizing.
i want to think is by luck and predestined, by the time i am tolerating, patient am i happy? in quote or i just want to look happy to decieve others. I think is luck on a small percentage of all that truly have it effortlessly. Asisde from situations where they both cant control or did not create.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by descarado: 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2021
It all d'art before marriage.
Unlike charges attract

Basic principal of good marriage
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by creepsyme(f): 8:54pm On Sep 11, 2021
No standard recipe of a happy marriage!
Different recipe for different people.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Chiffy: 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2021
How can you be asking us to share publicly something that is a secret
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Toks2008(m): 8:57pm On Sep 11, 2021
Tolerance and forgiving recklessly.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
ststyreal:
A happy home is first and foremost a prayerful home. It's followed by choice/decision made by both partner and the determination to ensure their decision to have a happy home stands while putting into practise those attributes that make a happy home i.e forgiveness, patience, tolerance, empathy etc.
The statement in bold na lie! undecided

I have been to homes where the name of God is barely pronounced , and leave with the impression of the home being a happy one. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Roseey0(f): 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2021
Once you have 2 selfless individuals with same goal, easy loving and quick to forgive.

Case closed

2 Likes

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
topiiiiiiii:
i want to think is by luck and predestined, by the time i am tolerating, patient am i happy? [b]in quote or i just want to look happy to decieve other[/b]s. I think is luck on a small percentage of all that truly have it effortlessly. Asisde from situations where they both cant control or did not create.
You are ofcourse deceiving self if what you are doing is tolerating the situation. undecided

Happiness in a home is not by luck, nor can you pray yourself to having it. It is by working on yourself ofcourse. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by sabreal: 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
From my own perspective, for happy home there is need to good hone managers

Its not by luck o. It takes commitment and maturity. More is expected from our ladies, because they own their home.

Marriage is a divine assignment.

The Man is expected to be the head/shepared of the home physically and spiritually

The Woman is expected to encourage, support and partner with the Man.

Children are the glory of the marriage. Bible says they are the heritage of God

Marriage is the basic unit of the society. When the societ

It is said a wise woman build her hone. Accepted, there are lots of forces against hone. First to conquer the woman, then got the children to destroy their destinies.

phemmylink:
Baby mama's and single mothers everywhere! Divorce is the talk of the town everyday, Yet some are enjoying their Marriage.... What is the in thing, what is the secret recipe of marriage or home.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by topiiiiiiii(f): 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are ofcourse deceiving self if what you are doing is tolerating the situation. undecided

Happiness in a home is not by luck, nor can you pray yourself to having it. It is by working on yourself ofcourse. undecided
so if i work on mysef and partner does not nko, there is still excess somewhere, leave me to believe what i believe it is by luck or let me say grace that you have someone that is comfortable in your space and vis versa effortlessly. I am not saying people cant decide to work on themselves genuinely and create happy environment still by grace and luck which you have no control over you try your best sha.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Focusmind: 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2021
Hehehehehehe!! If you are not the patient type, please forget about marriage. Once you guys survive your first 5 years of marriage, the chances of the marriage lasting increases. That first five years are the most turbulent.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Blueelf: 9:09pm On Sep 11, 2021
hedonido:

I don't have a 'marriage' o. But I know what works. Don't ask me how.

1. Do your part as a man. Hustle. Be productive. Have some decent income. At all costs. You don't need to be Obi Cubana. Just get paid and do the needful.

2. Only be with an old school minded girl. Flee from the 'woke', psychologically damaged, 'I too open eye' girls who are the majority on social media especially.

3. Assert your authority from Day 1. Be the bad one, let the girl be the good one.

4. Make God help you.

This is some real advice folks

ignore at your peril
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kay25(m): 9:09pm On Sep 11, 2021
character wise..but wisdom makes a home be built and profitable to direct
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by topiiiiiiii(f): 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2021
sabreal:

Its not by luck o. It takes commitment and maturity. More is expected from our ladies, because they own their home.

The Man is expected to be the head/shepared of the home physically and spiritually

Marriage is the basic unit of the society. When the societ

It is said a wise woman build her hone. Accepted, there are lots of forces against hone. First to conquer the woman, then got the children to destroy their destinies.

i believe is by luck and grace, people don do overdo sef and the real hapiness is not there, i am not talking about people that fake hapiness o, i want to believe that the few that have happy home is by their luck and grace that makes everything work well.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by topiiiiiiii(f): 9:11pm On Sep 11, 2021
hedonido:

I don't have a 'marriage' o. But I know what works. Don't ask me how.

1. Do your part as a man. Hustle. Be productive. Have some decent income. At all costs. You don't need to be Obi Cubana. Just get paid and do the needful.

2. Only be with an old school minded girl. Flee from the 'woke', psychologically damaged, 'I too open eye' girls who are the majority on social media especially.

3. Assert your authority from Day 1. Be the bad one, let the girl be the good one.

4. Make God help you.
this is just onesided, if i may say
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Blueelf: 9:11pm On Sep 11, 2021
Angelfrost:
It's mostly foundational and grace from the true source (God).

1. Ensure you marry your close friend, not just someone you are physically attracted to (Of course, Physical attraction must be there without question).

2. There must be mutual love and respect (I can't stress the latter enough, cos some people actually believe Love is enough).

3. Put that man/woman first (After God, he or she must come next even before kids and extended family).

4. Discipline yourself for your partner and marriage sake (This discipline must be learned before marriage)

5. Finally, keep your marriage away from third parties (friends, Siblings, parents, Social media, etc). Issues that can't be sorted out between you two should be taken to God in prayers, or elders in your families or church.

Nice advice bro

And very practical too
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Blueelf: 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2021
Roseey0:
Once you have 2 selfless individuals with same goal, easy loving and quick to forgive.

Case closed

People are really making sense on this thread oo

Kudos
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
sabreal:

Marriage is the basic unit of the society. When the society
1. Marriage is a divine assignment. Instead it it a choice given to men by God. Jesus Christ made this even clearer to all when He stated that God crested some Eunuchs , some were made Eunuchs in life and some chose to be Eunuchs ...Matthew 19 vs. .. Marriage is not for everyone, this according to God. undecided

2. A man being the head of a woman is the result of the curse God placed on man and woman in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 19 - the condemnation of Sin which is Death. All those who live in submission to that curse are condemned to perish in the grave .i.e. cease to exist upon death. undecided

Since then, God has sent Jesus Christ to redeem man and woman from that very same curse - John 3 vs 16 - 21. So anyone who chooses to continue to exist in submission to the curse cannot belong to Jesus Christ. undecided

3. As for marriage, we'll, Jesus Christ pretty much made it clear in Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 that marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God. undecided

So whatever you do within your marriage, your children included do not belong to God. They like everyone else out there have to make the decision to chose God of their own. undecided
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by larrybabanla(m): 9:17pm On Sep 11, 2021
Just patience, notin else
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Sep 11, 2021
topiiiiiiii:
so if i work on mysef and partner does not nko, there is still excess somewhere, leave me to believe what i believe it is by luck or let me say grace that you have someone that is comfortable in your space and vis versa effortlessly. I am not saying people cant decide to work on themselves genuinely and create happy environment still by grace and luck which you have no control over you try your best sha.
You can only work on yourself and accept others the way they are. You cannot force another person to want the same happiness you want. undecided

There is no grace involved in any of this since even unbelievers also can have happy homes by working at it. undecided
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by wallstreetnews: 9:18pm On Sep 11, 2021
Sultan snub Governor of Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB8AIAl629Q
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2021
Just like the conventional celibacy as we know it we now have marriage celibacy (I mean celibacy from adultery).

Infedility has now become so rampant that couples now wear it like an Olympic foil garland/gold medal with pride. Now it is one of the condition for social acceptance, as a marker that a person has now become civilized.

It is so bad that infidelity is now among some organisation KPI.

Some silly fellows will be comparing their spouses with BBnaija housemates.

@ op
It is a matter of CHOICE for couples to either decide to make their home a paradise or a warzone.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by topiiiiiiii(f): 9:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You can only work on yourself and accept others the way they are. You cannot force another person to want the same happiness you want. undecided

There is no grace involved in any of this since even unbelievers also can have happy homes by working at it. undecided
luck or grace... we all have grace in english meaning i am not trying to be religious.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by MummyD2020(f): 9:21pm On Sep 11, 2021
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=105720477] Are the married the only ones to enjoy this happy home you speak of? undecided

There are single- Parents and single folks out there who would also describe there homes as just that, happy. Why focus on just the married?

Good question! The way people carry this marriage for head sef ehh. The work, stress and responsibilities in marriage is so exhausting that i marvel at the way people worship the title. Its a lovely venture with the right person but atimes abeg e no be sugar at all times. Singles also live fulfilled lives. Single parents or baby mamas are so much happier than some married people. You people dont cut the single parents here some slacks, esp the women. I wonder how dey cope with all the attacks from ignorant kids here

1 Like

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Sep 11, 2021
topiiiiiiii:
luck or grace... we all have grace in english meaning i am not trying to be religious.
Well, Unbelievers meaning those who don't believe in such things as luck or grace. undecided
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by alnino94(m): 9:22pm On Sep 11, 2021
I think the home we have now is exactly the same home our forefathers lived as well the only change is "social media & civilization "
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by topiiiiiiii(f): 9:22pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Well, Unbelievers meaning those who don't believe in such things as luck or grace. undecided
they should call it nature then or whatever they believe that cant be controlled but working to their favour
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by xorojinxx: 9:23pm On Sep 11, 2021
Marriage is the union of two good forgivers
, with a high level of unadulterated compromise.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Sep 11, 2021
topiiiiiiii:
they should call it nature then or whatever they believe that cant be controlled but working to their favour
Well, maybe they are unbelievers because they believe happiness is born of genuine desire coupled with effort. undecided
They believe nature has given us the tool to achieving that which we desire in this. undecided

No be by force to be in relationship neither is a happy home one-dimensional by definition. undecided
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Rubbiish(m): 9:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
frozen70:

For every happy home, one person has decided to tolerate all sort of nonsense from their partner, for peace to reign in their home
Not always
It can go both ways

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Effects Of High Cost Of Marriage In Nigeria / Conditions For Divorce In Christianity, and [Some Legal] Grounds for Annulment / 70-year-old Woman Has Given Birth To Snakes (with Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.