Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (844253 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (606) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by wholejay: 8:50am On Oct 31, 2022
dee1504:

This is NOT a UKVI rule but likely to be a rule made by your company for staff coming from abroad. Speak to your HR/Line manager/company representative handling your case about your plight and they will advise you appropriately.

But its clearly stated on d Home office workers and temporary workers guidance for sponsors. S3.9 Page 21 of 64 reads;

You must normally stop sponsoring the worker and inform us via your SMS account if the start date is delayed by more than 28 days after whichever is the latest of:
• the start date recorded on the worker’s CoS (including any amendment to that date you have told us about via SMS while the worker was awaiting a decision on their application)
• the date the worker’s entry clearance (visa) becomes valid
• the date the worker is granted permission to enter or permission to stay

cc: @LagosismyHome

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by brandmix: 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Thanks for sharing

The two important links are the bold ones.. can u screen shot where that 28 rule is. I searched and couldn't find it . ... I read the guidelines from ukvi several times and this 28days i never seen it

Hi I have attached the screen shot below.

Good news, I just got a mail that my SMS has been updated with a new start date.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by KingChief01: 12:33pm On Oct 31, 2022
Hi guys, What are the current prices for the international Passports and which will be the best option to buy?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by brandmix: 12:33pm On Oct 31, 2022
dee1504:

This is NOT a UKVI rule but likely to be a rule made by your company for staff coming from abroad. Speak to your HR/Line manager/company representative handling your case about your plight and they will advise you appropriately.

Fam, it’s a UKVI rule o.

I have already posted the links. However it’s a rule applicable for sponsors/companies which ultimately affects you.

If your company gets your timing spot on, you won’t even know of the existence of the rule.

I am attaching the rule below.

The second screen shot is a mail I got today from our company agency saying my SMS account has been updated with a new arrival date.

1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by klbakare(m): 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2022
Abeg, please how many courses should one have completed as minium number of courses before starting to apply? I have five already though, but coming on here and seeing people who have done 10, 11, 15...I'm afraid OOO. And i know these roles mostly does not need you to know anything before as you would be trained properly at induction and subsequent work related trainings
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by headofschool: 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
Hi guys, My employer was denied sponsoring my job and they have now hired a solicitor (was informed two weeks ago). In total, It's been over two months now (since the date the head of the company has informed me of my successful interview and their decision to sponsor me). I really do not know what to do.
1. Is there a positive chance that the solicitor will get the approval and
2. how long does it usually take. (It's a technician job not healthcare).
3. What do you advise I do while waiting

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by headofschool: 6:25pm On Oct 31, 2022
Meanwhile the job is actually under the category of skilled job and the salary pro-rata meets up as well, my employer is also a licensed sponsor. Could it be because it's not under shortage occupation list
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Georgiedey(m): 11:05pm On Oct 31, 2022
Good evening all and big ups to the gurus in the house. Please i need quick advice on some issues before i proceed with my application to avoid any issues so i just got my COS with maintenance ticked and i have all the other requirements available but i was previously banned for 10year that elapsed February last year, will i need to state information concerning the ban in my application since its over 10 years and if i do how do i go about it. please i need responce cos i intend putting in my applications next week. Thanks all
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leef2022: 11:17pm On Oct 31, 2022
Georgiedey:
Good evening all and big ups to the gurus in the house. Please i need quick advice on some issues before i proceed with my application to avoid any issues so i just got my COS with maintenance ticked and i have all the other requirements available but i was previously banned for 10year that elapsed February last year, will i need to state information concerning the ban in my application since its over 10 years[b][/b] and if i do how do i go about it. please i need responce cos i intend putting in my applications next week. Thanks all

Yes supply the information that you had previously been refused and served a ban.

That said, question of "if you have ever been refused visa/entry/deported on the UK VAF for any country and including the UK has no timescale attached to it. As such even if it happened century years ago it is advisable to answer yes and provide necessary details.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emzenoz(m): 12:09am On Nov 01, 2022
Vickievanz:
Please how long does it take to get COS after an offer because this one is taking forever
takes around a day after the company applies for the cos
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by headofschool: 2:50am On Nov 01, 2022
headofschool:
Hi guys, My employer was denied sponsoring my job and they have now hired a solicitor (was informed two weeks ago). In total, It's been over two months now (since the date the head of the company has informed me of my successful interview and their decision to sponsor me). I really do not know what to do.
1. Is there a positive chance that the solicitor will get the approval and
2. how long does it usually take. (It's a technician job not healthcare).
3. What do you advise I do while waiting
@prettychidor and others who have idea about using solicitor please attend my question
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by peacenaija(m): 12:56pm On Nov 01, 2022
Hi Everyone,

Please does father needs to write consent letter for their baby eventho he is also travelling as dependant? N.B The mother is the main applicant and she is being sponsored by firm to come to UK...

brandmix

wholejay
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by EngrKemp: 2:36pm On Nov 01, 2022
Can someone with 6 months visit visa get this care job and get sponsored and convert his visa category to that with staying permit?
I think they call it tier 4 or so
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 2:50pm On Nov 01, 2022
EngrKemp:
Can someone with 6 months visit visa get this care job and get sponsored and convert his visa category to that with staying permit?
I think they call it tier 4 or so

U cant convert from visit visa to skilled work visa inside UK..

..u can convert from tier 4 to skilled work

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bigfolk(f): 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2022
Please I need help from the gutus in the house.
I requested for COS from my company since they have the ability to sponsor.
The company told me they are waiting for the city council to approve the COS but as soon as they do they will let me know.
Is that true or just a delay tactics.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by EngrKemp: 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2022
advanceDNA:

U cant convert from visit visa to skilled ?

work visa inside UK..

..u can convert from tier 4 to skilled work
Pls what's the process ??
I will love to .
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by EngrKemp: 8:18pm On Nov 01, 2022
Bigfolk:
The company told me they are waiting for the city council to approve the COS but as soon as they do they will let me know.
U dey use Nigeria brain dey reason oyibo.
As oyibo tell u ,na lyk dat

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2022
EngrKemp:

Pls what's the process ??
I will love to .

If u are a student in the uk on tier4 visa..u need a job that will sponsor your stay to work by the time ur visa elapses.....then u can apply........jobs are online....u have to apply or network friends around in the uk

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leef2022: 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2022
Bigfolk:

City Council? I thought Home office issues COS. ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jagbasneh(m): 7:01am On Nov 02, 2022
Good morning gurus, quick one please inside dependant vignette visa it was stated that restricted work no sportsperson no public funds.
Pls what's this means
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leef2022: 8:21am On Nov 02, 2022
jagbasneh:
Good morning gurus, quick one please inside dependant vignette visa it was stated that restricted work no sportsperson no public funds.
Pls what's this means

Can't do professional jobs(doctor,nursing, lawyer or such that would need specific training and licensing no sports role, and not entitled to public funds)

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by brandmix: 8:51am On Nov 02, 2022
peacenaija:
Hi Everyone,

Please does father needs to write consent letter for their baby eventho he is also travelling as dependant? N.B The mother is the main applicant and she is being sponsored by firm to come to UK...

brandmix

wholejay

Both parents typically sign the consent letter anyway.

I would expect that the main applicant should draft, but at the end, both names and signatures of parents should be included.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jagbasneh(m): 9:06am On Nov 02, 2022
leef2022:

Can't do professional jobs(doctor,nursing, lawyer or such that would need specific training and licensing no sports role, and not entitled to public funds)
Which works can dependant do?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by magnetik(m): 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2022
jagbasneh:

M.A
Cos, IELTS general ukvi, tb, pcc, pof if maintenance isn't tick inside ur cos, passport data page.

Dependant partner.
Tb, pcc, marriage certificate, cos number of MA, pof if maintenance isn't tick for the own family, passport data page.

Baby
Tb, birth certificate from national population council, cos number of MA, pof if maintenance isn't tick for the own family, passport data page, consent letter to be sign by both parent.

After u submit application online, u will do biometric on the date u pick when submitting ur application. Hope it help

@jagbasneh. What if the husband of main applicant has died, but main applicant is travelling with children as dependant, does she still require consent letter?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by magnetik(m): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2022
brandmix:

Both parents typically sign the consent letter anyway.

I would expect that the main applicant should draft, but at the end, both names and signatures of parents should be included.

What if the father has died and main applicant is travelling with children?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leef2022: 1:03pm On Nov 02, 2022
magnetik:

What if the father has died and main applicant is travelling with children?

Ever heard of a thing called "Death certificate"?
Main applicant would need to provide such in such scenario.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leef2022: 1:05pm On Nov 02, 2022
jagbasneh:

Which works can dependant do?

Any work/job the dependant is qualified for.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ferrarilord: 1:20pm On Nov 02, 2022
leef2022:

Any work/job the dependant is qualified for.
my brother, it seems backlogs is the culprit in the delays of COS . Have you got any news yet ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (606) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.