Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (859117 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (608) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Selfia: 12:27pm On Apr 15, 2023
Selfia:
Good morning guys.

@ AdvanceDNA please i need your advice.

Please i got an offer letter since February 17 which the pay is 10.42 per hour,although am yet to receive my Cos which they applied for.

Please my question is now that the new minimum wage has increased to 10.75 what can be done about my offer letter which has 10.42 and the already applied COS?

Please guys i need more explanation.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 12:35pm On Apr 15, 2023
Selfia:
Good morning guys.

@ AdvanceDNA please i need your advice.

Please i got an offer letter since February 17 which the pay is 10.42 per hour,although am yet to receive my Cos which they applied for.

Please my question is now that the new minimum wage has increased to 10.75 what can be done about my offer letter which has 10.42 and the already applied COS?

Please guys i need more explanation.

U have not received ur cos ....no wahala....
Tell ur employer about the situation....they shoukd know that will be an issue...they will update it on ur COS when assigning it to you and give u a new offer letter ......

This is how COS works.... employer request for COS slots from home office....they can get 5 or 10, or wateva....this is the part that takes time
It can take 3 to 6 weeks before home office responds....
but once they get it.... assigning it to an employee and approval after it flows to home office doesnt take more than 24 to 48 hrs.....

So u technically dont have any issues if ur COS has not been assigned to ur name and passport number ..

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Selfia: 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2023
Okay thanks a lot dear.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 12:56pm On Apr 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

Tell ur employer about the situation....they shoukd know that will be an issue...they will update it on ur COS when assigning it to you and give u a new offer letter ......

This is how COS works.... employer request for COS slots from home office....they can get 5 or 10, or wateva....this is the part that takes time
but once they get it.... assigning it to an employee and approval after it flows to home office doesnt take more than 24 to 48 hrs.....

So u technically dont have any issues if ur COS has not been assigned to ur name and passport number ..

Supposing your COS has been assigned already with the old races it's the Home office that writes the fugures
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Selfia: 12:56pm On Apr 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

Well explained,thank you so much.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 12:58pm On Apr 15, 2023
MsLane:
Please help me.

I just noticed my PCC will expire on the 20th of April and my Biometrics in on the 17th of April.

What do I do?

Have u submitted ur application ¿

How far ur PCC

I you can buy one way

The PCC is dicey u will still do DBS in the UK

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 1:03pm On Apr 15, 2023
Osa4:

Supposing your COS has been assigned already with the old races it's the Home office that writes the fugures

Someone had similar issue here.... the applicant don apply for visa seff...ukvi denied the visa and told the employer to do another COS....home office will not tell employer exactly how much to pay....
employer should know home office rules and make sure its not less than the ongoing rate established by the goverment for the occupation
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 1:21pm On Apr 15, 2023
[quote author=advanceDNA post=122530328]

Someone had similar issue here.... the applicant don apply for visa seff...ukvi denied the visa and told the employer to do another COS....home office will not tell employer exactly how much to pay....
employer should know home office rules and make sure its not

I doubt they will refuse based on Minimum wage issued before April can go saw this on their web

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2023
organza:
ECCTIS
DEGREE
POLICE CLEARANCE
TB TEST

Pls what was job role and how much was put on ur COS pls

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2023
Osa4:

Hmmm home office denied that's strange under shortage occupation for carers it's always been 20500 as stipulated and almost everyone that got assigned COS I know off has gotten

Because those figures were fixed on the COS when Home office approved the care homes

On the COS its 20500 and it ws assigned in March

....home office can only ensure it must not be less than the on-going rate...
An employer can decide to pay 25k per annum or even more, .which ive seen before
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 1:40pm On Apr 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

....home office can only ensure it must not be less than the on-going rate...
An employer can decide to pay 25k per annum or even more, .which ive seen before

Thoughts this is the COS why would home office deny

1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by MsLane: 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2023
I'm submitting my application on Monday 17th.

The Police report will expire on 20th, which is Thursday.

[quote author=Osa4 post=122530221][/quote]
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 2:24pm On Apr 15, 2023
Osa4:

Thoughts this is the COS why would home office deny
U think say na home office dey fill ur COS??
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 2:37pm On Apr 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

U think say na home office dey fill ur COS??

Lol na only name them dey assign o me dunno nothing I Don tell the employer to go check
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 2:42pm On Apr 15, 2023
Osa4:

Lol na only name them dey assign o me dunno nothing I Don tell the employer to go check

So whats ur point all along
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 2:52pm On Apr 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

So whats ur point all along
check ur mail
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2023
Osa4:
check ur mail

Nothing
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2023
organza:

I honestly did not know the difference till they refused me and I had to ask around to see what someone that got approved submitted. I thought I didn't upload it well initially. It's a costly mistake and I have learned the hard way.
It's well. I know you'll surely get it once you reapply with the right English Proficiency doc.
But were you refunded your visa fee?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2023
Goodly1:

It's well. I know you'll surely get it once you reapply with the right English Proficiency doc.
But were you refunded your visa fee?

Refund...?? Ukvi be like..

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

Refund...?? Ukvi be like..

See smething

Find attached

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2023
Osa4:

See smething

Find attached

Whats ur point??
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 5:01pm On Apr 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

Whats ur point??

Minimum wage is not a reason visa would be denied so far COS was issued b4 April 12th

So the person that claimed she was denied was prolly economical with the truth
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 5:10pm On Apr 15, 2023
Osa4:

Minimum wage is not a reason visa would be denied so far COS was issued b4 April 12th

So the person that claimed she was denied was prolly economical with the truth

What u dont get is that some of this employers are new to this overseas recruitment so they dont know what they are doing sometimes.. they make plenty mistakes ...

An employer told someone to book tls biometrics appointment without completing visa application...
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 5:20pm On Apr 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

What u dont get is that some of this employers are new to this overseas recruitment so they dont know what they are doing sometimes.. they make plenty mistakes ...

An employer told someone to book tls biometrics appointment without completing visa application...

That one is not serious with ordinary employment letter u want to fill application nd get dates for priority those are red flags
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Oginnism123: 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2023
Any application submitted before April 12th will be evaluated on the former Minimum wage.

But any application from April 12th will be evaluated on the new rate

[quote author=Selfia post=122529651][/quote]
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 5:44pm On Apr 15, 2023
Osa4:

That one is not serious with ordinary employment letter u want to fill application nd get dates for priority those are red flags

I dey tell u say many employers dont know jack...thats why some of them make employee go tru immigration lawyers paying extra 2k
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 5:49pm On Apr 15, 2023
Oginnism123:
Any application submitted before April 12th will be evaluated on the former Minimum wage.

But any application from April 12th will be evaluated on the new rate

If ur COS was issued before April 12 you will be evaluated with old rates this is for people whose COS
Or got employed in April....

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ceejay2: 5:55pm On Apr 15, 2023
Hello house. Please which do you guys recommend For flying, turkish or qatar airways and reasons.

Thanks.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ceejay2:
Hello house. Please which do you guys recommend For flying, turkish or qatar airways and reasons.

Thanks.

Those airlines nonnice once u want to reschedule but both are okay

If u can afford it just do BA or virgin direct flights
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by karixz: 6:28pm On Apr 15, 2023
Osa4:

See smething

Find attached

Miracle no dey tire Jesus. To think that my Husband’s owm came on the 11th and with the old salary.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ceejay2: 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2023
Osa4:

Those airlines nonnice once u want to reschedule but both are okay

If u can afford it just do BA or virgin direct flights

Thanks for the response.

Can i make payment with nigeria bank cards?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ceejay2:

Thanks for the response.

Can i make payment with nigeria bank cards?

Yes they all have Nigerian offices u can pay direct to

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (608) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: Jackson1922

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.