Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. (11311 Views)

Why Do Most Churches Make It Mandatory For Women To Cover Their Hair In Church? / The Entire Bible From Genesis To Revelation Covered In Sand Painting / I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 25, 2011
mazaje:

Ok lets start with this one, how do you explain this. . . .

1 John 4:8 says that God is Love. . . .

1 Corinthians 13:4 says Love is not jealous. . .

Exodus 20:5 says God is jealous. . . . .

i think i can explain that. exodus is an old testament book, so this was before jesus came down and died for all of our sins, including that of worshiping false idols. the other two books were written AD, and in 1 corinthians, i don't believe paul was talking about God per se. this was a letter to the church at corinth, so i think he was talking about love of christian brothers and sisters within the church. i don't have my bible in front of me, so i don't know the context from which you pulled these verses.
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by edicolove: 10:11pm On May 25, 2011
@Mazaje wrote
In fact, Genesis tells us that the earth was created first, and the sun, moon, and stars were not created until the 4th day of creation,  . .  This is clearly nonsense. . . . Aside from the scientific evidence to the contrary, we know without even bothering to think that a "day" without the sun is a logical impossibility.

I didnt want to copy all you said. there is no point. But as a scientist who has read the bible, I dont even know where to start to educate you from on this. It is good to try to understand something, anything first before going on a hit and run. When you read Gen chapter 1 with your glasses off, you will see a masterpiece that explains all scientists have been tryin to find out for years. Do you know the bible actually shows prehistoric man existed? for Example, in Gen 1:26, God said, let us make man in our image and likeness, Notice he didnt say let us make a being and call him man. He said let us make man in our image. That means man existed before  but was not in the image and likeness of God. So this time, he will be in the image and likeness of God.

Also notice something interesting. In chapter 2 verse 5 he said there was not a man to till the ground.

4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

This statement came after Adam was created. It looked funny but if you study it, you will understand that there was a difference between the creation of man as a spirit being in chapter 1 and the formation of man as a physical being in chapter 2. The same applied to the trees, the animals and all. They were created spiritually first before they were formed physically. The same goes for the light created on the first day and the sun created on the 4th day. God creates first in the spiritual before making it manifest in the physical. That is the principle of creation which he has also passed down to us. You cannot create anything in this world unless you have created it spiritually first. That is the essence of imagination. This is actually like a whole seminar of teaching. but
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 25, 2011
mazaje:

All I saw you do is talk about things that to be found no where inside the bible. . . . .

What evidence do you have to show that the earth and the heavens(assuming the heavens means the universe) were created at the same time in the beginning? Scientific evidence has shown that the earth came into existence long after many stars and galaxies were in existence. . .The evidence is all there, go do a little study on cosmology. .By the way who was the very first human being to receive this information?

Water on earth before the sun and stars were created, eh? You must be kidding me if you believe in this nonsensical myth that has no basis in reality. . .

We know today that a "day" is the period of time when the part of the planet the observer is on is turned towards the sun, and "night" is the period when it is turned away from the sun, correct?

The very definition of the words "day" and "night" are absolutely dependent on the relationship of the earth to the sun. . . .  Without that relationship, these words cease to have any meaning. Take away the earth or the sun, and there can, by definition, be no "day" or "night."

Yet the Bible claims that:
God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

How? We know that the light and darkness are not really "separated," what we call "night" is simply the earth's shadow. Yet somehow we have "day" and "night" for three full days before there is any sun!. . . . . What's more, God went on to cover the earth with growing plants the day before he bothered to create the sun!,  . . . Plants growing with no sun, day and night with no sun. What was holding the earth and other planets in orbit since the earth was created before the sun according to the genesis creation myth?

In fact, Genesis tells us that the earth was created first, and the sun, moon, and stars were not created until the 4th day of creation,  . .  This is clearly nonsense. . . . Aside from the scientific evidence to the contrary, we know without even bothering to think that a "day" without the sun is a logical impossibility.

Clearly, the bible cannot be trusted as a factual source of any information regarding cosmology.

Scientific evidence
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by netghost: 10:41pm On May 25, 2011
why is the bible bringing out so much hate from people,
i have personally read the devils bible *i should still have the ebook version*, the book of mormon, so called 7 books of moses, master key system, couple of spell books, and a lot more, all in the quest for self knowledge and freedom, and i can gladly say the BIBLE is like no other
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by mazaje(m): 10:44pm On May 25, 2011
edicolove:

@Mazaje wrote
I didnt want to copy all you said. there is no point. But as a scientist who has read the bible, I dont even know where to start to educate you from on this. It is good to try to understand something, anything first before going on a hit and run. When you read Gen chapter 1 with your glasses off, you will see a masterpiece that explains all scientists have been tryin to find out for years.

Nothing in the bible for scientist to find. . . . There is NO scientific explanation for anything to be found in the bible, leave science and its assertions of of the bible because there is NO scientific assertion to be found in the bible. . . .The bible claims that the earth with plants and water were in existence before the sun and the stars. . . .You can not hide away from that fact. . . .

Do you know the bible actually shows prehistoric man existed? for Example, in Gen 1:26, God said, let us make man in our image and likeness, Notice he didnt say let us make a being and call him man. He said let us make man in our image. That means man existed before  but was not in the image and likeness of God. So this time, he will be in the image and likeness of God.

So because the bible says let us make man in our own image means there was a prehistoric man, eh? Wetin man no go hear from these people. . . . This is your own personal interpretation and it has nothing to do with the bible because the bible says that Adam was the first man created, nothing like prehistoric man at all. . . . .So the prehistoric man was in the image and likeness of what?. . . .

This statement came after Adam was created. It looked funny but if you study it, you will understand that there was a difference between the creation of man as a spirit being in chapter 1 and the formation of man as a physical being in chapter 2. The same applied to the trees, the animals and all. They were created spiritually first before they were formed physically. The same goes for the light created on the first day and the sun created on the 4th day. God creates first in the spiritual before making it manifest in the physical. That is the principle of creation which he has also passed down to us. You cannot create anything in this world unless you have created it spiritually first. That is the essence of imagination. This is actually like a whole seminar of teaching. but

My friend please stop saying what the bible does NOT say. . .  Where in the bible does it say that things were first created spiritually before they were created physically? All you are doing is self projecting yourself as God and telling me what you think the bible is saying when in reality what the bible says is completely different from what you are trying to make it say. . . .The bible does NOT say any of the things you are saying and if you know anything about the creation account in genesis you will know that the account written in genesis 1 and genesis 2 were written by  different persons at different time. . . . .Most historians and bible scholars agree that the genesis 2 account was written earlier than the genesis one account. . .The genesis one account is a priestly commentary on the genesis 2 account and was later added and made to be part of the unified creation account. . . .The two accounts are not the same, they were NOT written by th e same person and at the same time. . .  .
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by kabukabu(m): 10:49pm On May 25, 2011
Why waste your precious time reading the Bible/Koran and all the other "holy crap" books out there,when you can read a basic reference book and get some real life relevant knowledge grin grin grin grin.think of all the millions killed as a result of religious zealots and fanatics
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 25, 2011
kabukabu:

Why waste your precious time reading the Bible/Koran and all the other "holy crap" books out there,when you can read a basic reference book and get some real life relevant knowledge grin grin grin grin.think of all the millions killed as a result of religious zealots and fanatics

Learn something about reality? Exercise your brain cells? IN NIGERIA?!?!

That is a tough sell for a culture/people often too keen on taking the easy way out and glorifying mediocrity.
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 25, 2011
@edicolove
Before you respond to Mazaje I would really appreciate a definition for spirit. I have never seen anyone present a logically coherent definition but since you are using the word left and right perhaps you can.
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by wizzzy: 11:07pm On May 25, 2011
i have read it 3 times tongue
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by edicolove: 11:13pm On May 25, 2011

My friend please stop saying what the bible does NOT say. . .  Where in the bible does it say that things were first created spiritually before they were created physically? All you are doing is self projecting yourself as God and telling me what you think the bible is saying when in reality what the bible says is completely different from what you are trying to make it say. . . .The bible does NOT say any of the things you are saying and if you know anything about the creation account in genesis you will know that the account written in genesis 1 and genesis 2 were written by  different persons at different time. . . . .Most historians and bible scholars agree that the genesis 2 account was written earlier than the genesis one account. . .The genesis one account is a priestly commentary on the genesis 2 account and was later added and made to be part of the unified creation account. . . .The two accounts are not the same, they were NOT written by th e same person and at the same time. . .  .

do you want to discuss intelligently or you cannot participate in a discussion. if you want to discuss, then you must bring out your reasoning energies and lets discuss this as intelligent gentle men. The easiest thing to do in life is to try to wave what people say aside with quick jabs. If you really are sure of what you think, you will lay it on the table. What I have laid out are simple facts that you too can see if you take away your defensive shades and just reason and analyse things.

First step to undestanding things is to take away your already stone walled stance. assume for second, you could be wrong and open your mind and heart to receive new information. My analysis are simply spelt out. waving it aside because you havent seen it in that light before doesnt make it wrong. Please go back and analise what I have laid out and maybe you should be asking questions instead of making conclusions based on what a scientist wrote. Dont forget these scientists have been shown to be wrong on many issues over the years. pluto was once called a planet. the earth was once tought to be square. The electron was once tought to be the smallest particle. i could go on and on. open your mind bro. The evolution theory is one of the most inconsistent and silly theories of science. In fact, it is one of the only scientific law that is based on assumption and speculation.
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by chelseabmw(m): 11:39pm On May 25, 2011
i tired it when i was about 18 years old. . .I enjoyed it then. . . .I don't know if i can still do it now. . . .With facebook,blackberry and nairaland here,hmmmmm. . . .e go hard ooo
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by Ribaman(m): 11:42pm On May 25, 2011
@ All
Why not delineate what the terms and/or boundaries of this topic are?  It is sad to see how a good number here are intent on approaching it only on their on terms. I,for one, don't think it is a science textbook. Neither is it a book of history. Lastly, it was never written to prove the existence of God. Before you shout me down, allow me to say I am a Christian and my FAITH matters a lot to me. The Bible as trashed here, and by other people can never come between me and God!!!! grin
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by MeandSum: 12:42am On May 26, 2011
netghost:

why is the bible bringing out so much hate from people,
i have personally read the devils bible *i should still have the ebook version*, the book of mormon, so called 7 books of moses, master key system, couple of spell books, and a lot more, all in the quest for self knowledge and freedom, and i can gladly say the BIBLE is like no other

Because the bible is a compilation of fairytale. That's why.
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by DARA1234: 1:12am On May 26, 2011
Quote @Mazaje
What evidence do you have to show that the earth and the heavens(assuming the heavens means the universe) were created at the same time in the beginning? Scientific evidence has shown that the earth came into existence long after many stars and galaxies were in existence. . .The evidence is all there, go do a little study on cosmology. .By the way who was the very first human being to receive this information?

My dear friend, mazaje, show us the evidence that shows “the earth came into existence long after many stars and galaxies were in existence “ you said “the evidence is all there”…please detail them.
Creation is not based on scientific evidence, rather, scientific discoveries on the earths foundation are eye openers of what God has done. Tell me why is earth the only habitable planet, despite all the galaxies out there with so many chances of collision and formation of new matter why, if your evolution theory is true, in the past millions of years, we have not had another big bang an formation of a new civilization…oh sorry you believe in UFO and aliens but you don’t believe in God, am I right?.
First human to receive the information ? ; Adam, who passed it to his children, etc…Gen 3 v 9. God spoke regularly with Adam.
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by DARA1234: 1:16am On May 26, 2011
Quote @Mazaje
Water on earth before the sun and stars were created, eh? You must be kidding me if you believe in this nonsensical myth that has no basis in reality. . .

The bible says, ….no form, and void…if this is myth to you sorry…what percentage of the earth is water….2/3rd about 70.8% according to geography, if you dig deep, what do you hit even in deserts…water, what surrounds most continent…water, what is the main identity of the earth that differs it from other planet, water and air. It is only creation that has given us a logical reason for the difference between the earth and other planets…any contrary EVIDENCE… ? .The big bang/evolution theories cannot explain why we have so much water relative to land.
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by DARA1234: 1:19am On May 26, 2011
Quote @Mazaja
We know today that a "day" is the period of time when the part of the planet the observer is on is turned towards the sun, and "night" is the period when it is turned away from the sun, correct?

The very definition of the words "day" and "night" are absolutely dependent on the relationship of the earth to the sun. . . . Without that relationship, these words cease to have any meaning. Take away the earth or the sun, and there can, by definition, be no "day" or "night."

Yet the Bible claims that:
God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

How? We know that the light and darkness are not really "separated," what we call "night" is simply the earth's shadow. Yet somehow we have "day" and "night" for three full days before there is any sun!. . . . . What's more, God went on to cover the earth with growing plants the day before he bothered to create the sun!, . . . Plants growing with no sun, day and night with no sun. What was holding the earth and other planets in orbit since the earth was created before the sun according to the genesis creation myth?

In fact, Genesis tells us that the earth was created first, and the sun, moon, and stars were not created until the 4th day of creation, . . This is clearly nonsense. . . . Aside from the scientific evidence to the contrary, we know without even bothering to think that a "day" without the sun is a logical impossibility.

Clearly, the bible cannot be trusted as a factual source of any information regarding cosmology.

[b]
When God created LIGHT on the first day (Gen 1v3), what kind of light do you think it was…Gen 1v3-5 …”and God saw that it was good and divided the light from the darkness( how He did it we don’t know…He might have started the Earth rotation and revolution on that day, remember it was nothing before)…and the morning and the evening were the first day”….but since you know all, please tell us how He did it.
Light is needed for photosynthesis, the sun is a source…very big universal source of that light, in developed countries with little sun, they produce enough food to feed themselves and Export to other countries, some of these food are produced in green houses and they don’t need sunlight they use other light sources e g. use of deep red light …perfect for photosynthesis(Research in Germany; www.research-in-germany.de)
What was the Light referred to as the first creation in verse 3….
Verse 14 …and God said “let there be LIGHTS”….how many sources of light do we have…many….Stars, moon, Sun…how many stars….thousands…THIS GOD IS TOO MUCH I WORSHIP YOU BABA YOU ARE ALMIGHTY…I LOVE YOU FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL CREATION…just gaze out at the lovely sky on a cloudless sky it is awesome.
My dear friend, I don’t know the source of your hurt, we both know you have a vacuum, an emptiness, you have to fill, no knowledge, Anger, frustration, fighting, shouting etc will fill it ONLY GOD .Then you will have inner peace.
[/b]
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by DARA1234: 1:22am On May 26, 2011
From the same wikipedia where you got your above definition of firmament it also says that "The word "firmament" is meant to correspond with the word raqia, or raqiya` ( רקיע), as used in Biblical Hebrew.
Firmamentum was used in the Vulgate, a 4th century Latin translation of the Christian bible. This term was consistent with the previous (circa 200 BC) Septuagint translation of the Old Testament which used the Greek stereoma, meaning solid structure, and with the notion of solidity advanced explicitly by other biblical passages.[3]

Job 37:18
With Him, have you spread out the skies(raqiya),
Strong as a cast metal mirror?

To the ancient Jews the firmament was a solid structure meant to divide the waters above from the waters below. . recent english translation have change the word raqiya to mean expanse. . . . .
Quote @Mazaja
From the same wikipedia entry on firmament it says: "The Jewish Encyclopaedia describes the firmament as follows:
The Hebrews regarded the earth as a plain or a hill figured like a hemisphere, swimming on water. Over this is arched the solid vault of heaven. To this vault are fastened the lights, the stars. So slight is this elevation that birds may rise to it and fly along its expanse.[15] "

Can any one tell me the Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa translation for; ATOM, NEUTRON,ELECTRON, PROTON, DEOXYRIBONUCLEIC ACID, HEMOGLOBIN and many more……various description of the firmament with different names in Hebrew,Greek,Latin etc all try to explain term “void”…THE IDEAS IS ALL THAT IS NEEDED …ANOTHER EXERCISE; IN YOUR OWN LANGUAGE GIVE A WORD FOR “VOID” and see how many things it can mean, the summary is this;
FOR AS HEAVENS ARE HIGHER THAN THE EARTH, SO ARE MY WAYS HIGHER THAN YOUR WAYS AND MY THOUGHTS THAN YOUR THOUGHTS…ISAIAH 55V9.
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by MeandSum: 2:22am On May 26, 2011
DARA1234:

From the same wikipedia where you got your above definition of firmament it also says that "The word "firmament" is meant to correspond with the word raqia, or raqiya` ( רקיע), as used in Biblical Hebrew.
Firmamentum was used in the Vulgate, a 4th century Latin translation of the Christian bible. This term was consistent with the previous (circa 200 BC) Septuagint translation of the Old Testament which used the Greek stereoma, meaning solid structure, and with the notion of solidity advanced explicitly by other biblical passages.[3]

Job 37:18
With Him, have you spread out the skies(raqiya),
Strong as a cast metal mirror?

To the ancient Jews the firmament was a solid structure meant to divide the waters above from the waters below. . recent english translation have change the word raqiya to mean expanse. . . . .
Quote @Mazaja
From the same wikipedia entry on firmament it says: "The Jewish Encyclopaedia describes the firmament as follows:
The Hebrews regarded the earth as a plain or a hill figured like a hemisphere, swimming on water. Over this is arched the solid vault of heaven. To this vault are fastened the lights, the stars. So slight is this elevation that birds may rise to it and fly along its expanse.[15] "

Can any one tell me the Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa translation for; ATOM, NEUTRON,ELECTRON, PROTON, DEOXYRIBONUCLEIC ACID, HEMOGLOBIN and many more……various description of the firmament with different names in Hebrew,Greek,Latin etc all try to explain term “void”…THE IDEAS IS ALL THAT IS NEEDED …ANOTHER EXERCISE; IN YOUR OWN LANGUAGE GIVE A WORD FOR “VOID” and see how many things it can mean, the summary is this;
FOR AS HEAVENS ARE HIGHER THAN THE EARTH, SO ARE MY WAYS HIGHER THAN YOUR WAYS AND MY THOUGHTS THAN YOUR THOUGHTS…ISAIAH 55V9.

So, you are saying the world was created 5000 years ago?
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by markovnikoff001(m): 2:35am On May 26, 2011
This is by far the most enlightening thread I have read anywhere ever, ever on Nairaland. At first I was going to go into a personal rhetoric but everything seems to be have been thoroughly whipped already, so I am just going to keep this concise.

One ability we were ingrained with from birth is that to know right from wrong; irrespective of your sex, orientation, class or creed, you will always(dare I use that word?) know when your actions bring joy to people and when it causes them grief. Whether you say doing good is of God, the opposite is of the Devil or good and bad are of either, does it count? Just live a life in a way to that causes as little inconvenience as possible to people in your sphere of influence 'cause at the end of the day, it is really what makes us truly human.

To the issue at hand, the only time I ever read the Bible(or was it being read to me?) was when I was in Primary School. As I grew older I had more questions than the Bible (or Science for that matter) could answer. But I believe in the existence of an all-powerful, all encompassing entity; Jehovah, Allah, M-theory, call it what you may, it is YOUR belief. Like Tuface said ", its good to be good, ".  For it is what takes you to "Heaven" or "Jannah" . Don't know if doing good alone suffices for the generation of "The Theory of Everything". smiley But it sure makes one feel fulfilled, which in itself is a good thing.

For those who might want to my stance: I strongly believe in Jehovah and I try as much as I can(within the limits of my failings as a being) to do good, but I do not have any religious affiliations.

Guess I failed at my attempt at making this concise.
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by jackpot(f): 2:35am On May 26, 2011
@ OP

Serially, No.
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by DARA1234: 2:43am On May 26, 2011
Quote@Mazaje

Ok lets start with this one, how do you explain this. . . .

1 John 4:8 says that God is Love. . . .

1 Corinthians 13:4 says Love is not jealous. . .

Exodus 20:5 says God is jealous. . . . .

Never cut a part of a statement and present it as fact, this are the  full verses you quoted from

Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily. 1corin 13v 4

He who does not love has not become acquainted with God [does not and never did know Him], for God is love. 1John 4v8

You shall not bow down yourself to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate Me. But showing mercy and steadfast love to a thousand generations of those who love Me and keep My commandments.Exod 20 v 5-6, choose which one you want from God

I am the Lord; that is My name! And My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images. ISA 42 V 8

GOD IS LOVE, BUT HE IS NOT A WEAKLING, HE EXPRESSED HIMSELF SO CLEAR, SO CLOSE TO THE PEOPLE IN WILDERNESS, GAVE THEM ALL THEY NEEDED BUT HE WILL NOT TOLERATE IDOLATORY…YES HE IS JEALOUS FOR HIS OWN PEOPLE…POSTER WILL YOU BE HAPPY IF AN INFECTIOUS DISEASE VICTIM TRIES TO SEDUCE YOUR LOVER DESPITE YOUR SHOWING HIM/HER ALL THE LOVE, CARE, PROVISION etc?.
1For My own sake, for My own sake, I do it [I refrain and do not utterly destroy you]; for why should I permit My name to be polluted and profaned [which it would be if the Lord completely destroyed His chosen people]? And I will not give My glory to another [by permitting the worshipers of idols to triumph over you]. ISA 48 V 11
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by BABE3: 3:33am On May 26, 2011
YES I have! And that was when it became clear to me that the bible wasn't hand-written by God!(Like most people think). It's man-made; filled with flaws and contradictions here and there. But ultimately, I got the message. smiley
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by Nobody: 3:38am On May 26, 2011
Still getting through the chapters of Genesis.

I'll get there too!
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by igboboy1(m): 3:40am On May 26, 2011
Na wa o, odua dey read bible too?

Life is funny sha with all these contradictions
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by ektbear: 3:45am On May 26, 2011
^-- Christianity came to our part of the world before it came to yours. So not much of a surprise. While your ancestor was being sacrificed or tortured at some forest shrine, others in what came to be known as Nigeria were learning from the Bible  wink
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by apoti(m): 6:22am On May 26, 2011
I started since I was 6, now I'm 26, I've still not finished it cry cry
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by mazaje(m): 6:48am On May 26, 2011
DARA1234:

My dear friend, mazaje, show us the evidence that shows “the earth came into existence long after many stars and galaxies were in existence “ you said “the evidence is all there”…please detail them.[

Do you know anything about cosmology? Do you know anything about stars and their generations, do you know what a galaxy is? How can you look and our own galaxy(the milky way) and still believe that the earth was in existence before all the other billions of stars, and other bodies contained in it? Since the sun is the only know body our solar system generates its energy from and is what holds everything, in orbit around it, what was the earth orbiting around before the sun was created if we are to go by the genesis creation myth. . . . .

Creation is not based on scientific evidence, rather, scientific discoveries on the earths foundation are eye openers of what God has done.

Scientific discoveries are just what they are, no God has ever told you personally that he created anything, no evidence to show that your own version of God which is a tribal deity created by men created anything, do you have any evidence beside your ordinary beliefs that your God created the universe and not Allah of the Koran?. . . . .There is no signature of your God any where to be found in the universe and scientific discoveries have shown that the way your God said he created the universe is false. . . .

Tell me why is earth the only habitable planet, despite all the galaxies out there with so many chances of collision and formation of new matter why, if your evolution theory is true, in the past millions of years, we have not had another big bang an formation of a new civilization…

You don't know what you are saying at all. . . .The earth is not the only habitable planet, the earth is the only one we know of, right now, it so difficult to know because most of the planets around other suns are too far away from us and we can never know if their is life in them. . . . By the way a lot of habitable planets have been discovered but we dont have the tools to measure them precisely for now. . . .

"Scientists may be just steps from discovering the first habitable planet beyond our own.

Gliese 581d, a planet orbiting the red-dwarf star Gliese, may be the first real candidate for human expansion. That is, if it didn't take 3,000 lifetimes to get there, according to Science Daily."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/17/first-habitable-planet-2030_n_862785.html

oh sorry you believe in UFO and aliens but you don’t believe in God, am I right?.
First human to receive the information ? ; Adam, who passed it to his children, etc…Gen 3 v 9. God spoke regularly with Adam.
[color=#006600][/color]

Firstly, where did I say I believe in UFOs and aliens? Will you stop lying about my positions and stop making your own commentaries about me. . . . .There is no where in the bible that says Adam wrote any part of the creation story. . .According to the biblical tradition Moses saw a vision of the creation and wrote it down, because according to tradition Moses wrote down the book of genesis even when there is no evidence to show he wrote it but there are uncountable evidence to show that Moses did not write the book of genesis. . . . so where did you get this lie you are spewing here?
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by ChukaEze: 6:52am On May 26, 2011
grin grin grin

Me personally as a singular sole individual I prefer ikebe super
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by mazaje(m): 6:54am On May 26, 2011
DARA1234:

The bible says, ….no form, and void…if this is myth to you sorry…what percentage of the earth is water….2/3rd about 70.8% according to geography, if you dig deep, what do you hit even in deserts…water, what surrounds most continent…water, what is the main identity of the earth that differs it from other planet, water and air. It is only creation that has given us a logical reason for the difference between the earth and other planets…any contrary EVIDENCE… ? .The big bang/evolution theories cannot explain why we have so much water relative to land.

Firstly the writers of the biblical creation myth do not know any thing about the existence of the planet and the solar system, if they did they would have written a very different creation account and include them in their tales. . . .What difference could be found about the earth and the asteroid belt by reading the creation myth in the bible? What difference can be found between the other planets and the planet earth by reading the creation myth in the bible?. . . .Water is found in other planets that are not in our own solar system so what the hell are you talking about, water was also found on the moon, so I really don;t know what you are talking about. . . . . .
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by mazaje(m): 7:11am On May 26, 2011
DARA1234:

When God created LIGHT on the first day (Gen 1v3), what kind of light do you think it was…Gen 1v3-5 …”and God saw that it was good and divided the light from the darkness

According to the myth God created light without light giving source, eh? What was the source of the light? How do you divide light from darkness, when darkness is simply the absence of light?. . . . . .

( how He did it we don’t know…He might  have  started  the Earth rotation and revolution on that day, remember it was nothing before)…and the morning and the evening were the first day”….but since you know all, please tell us how He did it.

What then was the earth rotation around when the sun was not already in existence according to this creation account?. . . . Was the earth rotating around your invisible God's eyes. . . .You want me to explain to you what your God allegedly did?. . . .I thought you are the one that claims to have special knowledge about how some imaginary God called Yahweh spoke the universe into existence using the Hebrew language

Light is needed for photosynthesis, the sun is a source…very big universal source of that light, in developed countries with little sun, they produce enough food to feed themselves and Export to other countries, some of these food are produced in green houses and they don’t need sunlight they use other light sources e g. use of deep red light …perfect for photosynthesis(Research in Germany; www.research-in-germany.de)
What was the Light referred to as the first creation in verse 3….
Verse 14 …and God said “let there be LIGHTS”….how many sources of light do we have…many….Stars, moon, Sun…how many stars….thousands…THIS GOD IS TOO MUCH I WORSHIP YOU BABA YOU ARE ALMIGHTY…I LOVE YOU FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL CREATION…just gaze out at the lovely sky on a cloudless sky it is awesome.

You don't know what you are talking about since you truly believe that the sun, stars and moon were created n the same day after the earth was already in existence, even the pope and many other Christian authorities have declared both in private and in public that the genesis creation account is an allegory and not a historical or factual event. . . . .These are the people that brought the Christian religion to your ancestors. . .

My dear friend, I don’t know the source of your hurt, we both know you have a vacuum, an emptiness, you have to fill, no knowledge, Anger, frustration, fighting, shouting etc will fill it ONLY GOD .Then you will have inner peace.

Firstly, I am not hurt at all. . . .There is no vacuum or emptiness that I have to fill, I am not angry at any God because no God exist. . . . .Do you feel angry at Allah or Buddha or Zeus? Are you hurt or empty when you debate with Muslims or people of other faiths? Can you see how nonsensical your assertions about me are? Just because I do not share the same beliefs with you means that I am hurt and empty, eh?. . . .You are so pathetic. . . .I think am more at peace with my self than you are with yourself even though I don't know who you are. . . .
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by Nobody: 7:31am On May 26, 2011
@mazaje - You are toooooooo much!

Are u hausa?
Re: How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. by igboboy1(m): 7:32am On May 26, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- Christianity came to our part of the world before it came to yours. So not much of a surprise. While your ancestor was being sacrificed or tortured at some forest shrine, others in what came to be known as Nigeria were learning from the Bible  wink

You and who dey argue whether na Yoruba or igbo first see Christianity?   inferiority complex dey worry u, me i am a full fledge traditional man and a proud one, that shrine u refer to still exists and its where i'll sacrifice u if u dare come and blaspheme against Ani oshimili,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? / Pastor Faith Oyedepo Was Treated Medically In A South Africa Hospital / Men Could Be Infertile, Also Needs Prayer For Fruit Of The Womb - Pastor Adeoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.