Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,513 members, 7,861,457 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:42 PM

VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses (23056 Views)

Governors’ ‘jumbo’ Appointments Cost Millions In Salaries Monthly / FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina / Fg’s Plan To Cut Salaries Scares NNPC, CBN, FIRS Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by adioolayi(m): 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
Cut in salaries ..or many of their offices will be closed!

They should be worried about job losses too
Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by Lamasta(m): 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
Every state should follow suit abeg no room for monkey dey work baboon day chop
Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by Dukeolumidemans(m): 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Wahala be like bicycle... grin grin grin tongue
Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by CocoaOla: 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
How exactly are we not worried that a car that cost like N1,400,000 around 5 years ago now costs like N4,000,000+ .....when it should cost around 800k - 900k after 5 years?

The car must be depreciating abroad but appreciating in Nigeria

Stupid Nigerians and foolish
economy policies has turned liabilities into assets. NIGERIANS ARE COLOSSAL FOOLS

7 Likes

Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by ajalajalingo: 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2021
Christistruth00:

Too many Nigerian Billonaires pay next to Nothing they should get on their Case

Lagos should also introduce the Owambe Party Tax

Any Party Costing More than N2 Million Naira should be taxed at 50% especially the Obi Cubana type parties
how will you know the cost of a part. Will you know how much I intend to spend
Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by Blitzerz: 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2021
I love it. grin grin

After the dictator nepot filled the place with all his brothers.
Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by ComeToJesus: 4:11pm On Sep 12, 2021
My ex works there as a deputy mgr. They are all having butterflies in their stomach now.
FIRS is a tool of appropriation and expropriation of the federating units by the parasitic centre.

They reap where they didn't sow. It's antithetical to natural justice.

Wike is the man. I doff my heart, Sir.

Of the 36 governors, Wike is my G.O.A.T

3 Likes

Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by Bornboy4: 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2021
#EveryStateShouldCollectItsOwnVAT
Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by ibtommy(m): 4:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
Islie:

https://punchng.com/vat-row-firs-workers-fear-cut-in-salaries-bonuses/

Good for them. When you enter some of their state offices you wonder what they are doing to be getting fat salaries. Many may lose this jobs or get pay cuts.
Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by Bngf: 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
Hmmm
Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by harjay1986: 4:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
supportnija:

You a lier, Lagos would not , Lagos would be nothing, today , TOTAL pay VAT , OANDO pay VAT, Mobil PAY VAT all in lagos etc all these head office would force to pay their VAT according to each state according to consumption, today over 44millions liters used petrol and Diesel in Nigeria today are only paid in Lagos, Some of you think , it is so simple that like that, I can recharge my phone and pay my VAT in my state. NLNG head office in Porthacourt now will pay VAT to Rivers, You see how funny are some of you!

by the time everything is open eenh everyone will know who has more population, the one you are defending federal your eyes go clear ontop, the worst that will happen to all other state is that they will only collect tax base on business that happen in their case ... in the event of network card these will base on info giving out buy the teleco about number of active user in that particular states

everyone go know their limit very soon....

1 Like

Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
God save us...

Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by ibtommy(m): 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
supportnija:

How would the state collect their own VAT? If I buy N100 MTN recharge card in sokoto, my VAT is N1 which at the end of the month FIRS go to the MTN to collect this N1 in the head office in lagos. If VAT is going to start , it means , it should be calculate according to state consumption not according to present of the head office, you will see that, Lagos and rivers may ended up getting nothing. My problem with some of you is that your sentiment have overide you judgement

Have mercy on English na

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by sabreal: 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2021
Its inevitable.

FIRS is funded by a % of the pool of taxes they collect. VAT collection is a big inflow for the Agency.

A lot of systems need to be re-engineered in Nigeria including our full revenue template. The is expected to affect the NNPC, and other revenue generating agencies.

We just need to embrace the wind of change bfor sustainability

Its better they begin to right sizing now so that they can manage the change well.

Islie:

https://punchng.com/vat-row-firs-workers-fear-cut-in-salaries-bonuses/
Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by flowbjones(m): 4:25pm On Sep 12, 2021
Christistruth00:

Lagos should also introduce the Owambe Party Tax

Any Party Costing More than N2 Million Naira should be taxed at 50% especially the Obi Cubana type parties

50% Ogini
Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by duro4chang(m): 4:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
Disband the FIRS or let them be reemployed by their states governments.
Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by Christistruth00: 4:27pm On Sep 12, 2021
ajalajalingo:
how will you know the cost of a part. Will you know how much I intend to spend

Once the Tax Officers see more than 4 Cows then Tax Collectors will Issue a Tax notice which can be Appealed if the Owambe Party holders don’t agree

Also if you are using a Venue that Cost more than a Million Naira to rent you will be given a Tax notice
Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by AntiBMC(m): 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2021
supportnija:

How would the state collect their own VAT? If I buy N100 MTN recharge card in sokoto, my VAT is N1 which at the end of the month FIRS go to the MTN to collect this N1 in the head office in lagos. If VAT is going to start , it means , it should be calculate according to state consumption not according to present of the head office, you will see that, Lagos and rivers may ended up getting nothing. My problem with some of you is that your sentiment have overide you judgement

Oga, if you are in Sokoto, ur VAT will be charged there. There are millions of MTN users in various States, same with other telecom networks. So if everyone pays his/her VAT in state he/she resides, I don't see how Lagos and Rivers with their huge population, will end up getting nothing. So in essence, it's either u didn't read what you wrote up there, or you are the sentimental one.

7 Likes

Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
I concur cheesy even churches should be taxed as well ..... Oledepo people are coming for my head Ògun go kee anybody wen jam talk grin[quote author=Christistruth00 post=105741520]

Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by baby124: 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
Christistruth00:

Once the Tax Officers see more than 4 Cows then Tax Collectors will Issue a Tax notice which can be Appealed if the Owambe Party

holders don’t agree
Owambe can never be taxed because it will kill all the businesses in that industry. Which is big business for the state. Lots of entrepreneurs are in that industry
Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by kokoA(m): 4:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
I actually don't understand how this new system will work. Can somebody please explain to me? For example, if I shop at Apo shoprite in Abuja now, will my VAT go to FCT revenue service or shoprite pays to their headquarters who in turn pay to the state where it's located?
Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by Ausmos: 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
Ezewuzie01:
Greed is what is affecting them. After ruling for 8 years, and prioritizing northerners in government either by quota system or wasting huge resouces on boko haram and banditry, they still want to continue in 2023. All southern states plus sensible northern states like Benue, Adamawa, Plateau must come together to resist this lopsided Fulani VAT administration in this country.

Did you mention Plateau? That Fulani slave would do no such thing. He prefers to worship his Fulani masters till thine Kingdom come
Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
Hell no we need fresh people from the states the tax those FIRS workers don chop is okay for them make them go start business with am and they will definitely pay tax there will be no escape those leeches need to have a good dose of their medicine
duro4chang:
Disband the FIRS or let them be reemployed by their states governments.
Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by kokoA(m): 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
Ausmos:

Did you mention Plateau? That Fulani slave would do no such thing. He prefers to worship his Fulani masters till thine Kingdom come
His days are numbered. 2023 is around the corner.
Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by MajorOvakporaye(f): 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2021
supportnija:

SHUT UP!!!

WE ARE SAYING NO TO PARASITIC RELATIONSHIP. OUR MONEY WILL NO LONGER BE USED TO PAY HEAD SLAMMING BANDITS AND TERRORISTS

3 Likes

Re: VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses by baby124: 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2021
kokoA:
I actually don't understand how this new system will work. Can somebody please explain to me? For example, if I shop at Apo shoprite in Abuja now, will my VAT go to FCT revenue service or shoprite pays to their headquarters who in turn pay to the state where it's located?
Businesses charge the consumer the tax and remit it to the state government. Consumer does nothing. It’s tax added unto finished goods and services. If you look at your receipt, the total amount you pay the business is cost of goods + VAT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu's Exercise Bike Video Is Recent - BBC Fact-Check / Rumble In The Jungle As Corruption Fights Back- The Vanguard / Wike, Sanwoolu And Makinde Conferred With Honorary Doctorate Degrees (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.