Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

The Black Art Of Programming. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Black Art Of Programming. (1298 Views)

Nairaland School Of Programming / Foundations Of Programming: Fundamentals / Having Consistent Headaches Because Of Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Black Art Of Programming. by talk2hb1(m): 8:49am On May 25, 2011
I kept thinking and wondering, is it Computer programming or Computer enslavery?
I always think of this every time I developed an application, and wondering if my conputer is silly or just loyal to me. without even thinking my system just do any mindless task assigned to it without even thinking twice.I Just wrote a worm to crawl through NLand (sorry Seun mean no harm, NLand is save) but I was thinking that I am a little cruel to my lovely and loyal system, What do you programmers in House think?
Re: The Black Art Of Programming. by Nobody: 10:22am On May 25, 2011
We think you're in the wrong House
Re: The Black Art Of Programming. by talk2hb1(m): 12:21pm On May 25, 2011
I dont understand what yu mean by wrong house.
Re: The Black Art Of Programming. by netghost: 7:04pm On May 25, 2011
talk2hb1:

I Just wrote a worm to crawl through NLand (sorry Seun mean no harm, NLand is save)

Talk is cheap, what's the worm suppose to do and what its access path, am tired of coming on niaraland, seeing newbies bragging about what they cant do
EVIDENCE IS REQUIRED
Re: The Black Art Of Programming. by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 25, 2011
Like I said, he's in the wrong house
Re: The Black Art Of Programming. by talk2hb1(m): 9:02pm On May 25, 2011
Sorry guys, I dont mean to brag or show off, I am not a begginer in this trade and moreso the worm is for my personal use. If you find it offensive abeg make una forgive me bro. just xpressing ma feeling about my PC
Re: The Black Art Of Programming. by talk2hb1(m): 9:03pm On May 25, 2011
Sorry guys, I dont mean to brag or show off, I am not a begginer in this trade and moreso the worm is for my personal use. If you find it offensive abeg make una forgive me bro. just xpressing ma feeling about my PC
Re: The Black Art Of Programming. by netghost: 10:32pm On May 25, 2011
talk2hb1:

cheesy cheesy grin grin *Thumbs Up*
Re: The Black Art Of Programming. by Beaf: 1:25am On May 26, 2011
talk2hb1:

I kept thinking and wondering, is it Computer programming or Computer enslavery?
I always think of this every time I developed an application, and wondering if my conputer is silly or just loyal to me. without even thinking my system just do any mindless task assigned to it without even thinking twice.I Just wrote a worm to crawl through NLand (sorry Seun mean no harm, NLand is save) but I was thinking that I am a little cruel to my lovely and loyal system, What do you programmers in House think?

Methinks you don't know the meaning of worm. In straight talk sir, I mean you are talking crap.
From your little description, you wrote a crawler, a relatively simple task and hardly a dark art (but then, neither is programming).

http://A computer worm is a self-replicating malware computer program, which uses a computer network to send copies of itself to other nodes (computers on the network) and it may do so without any user intervention. This is due to security shortcomings on the target computer. Unlike a computer virus, it does not need to attach itself to an existing program. Worms almost always cause at least some harm to the network, even if only by consuming bandwidth, whereas viruses almost always corrupt or modify files on a targeted computer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_worm

No?
Re: The Black Art Of Programming. by netghost: 7:25pm On May 26, 2011
@Beef, ROTFLMAO
Re: The Black Art Of Programming. by talk2hb1(m): 12:14pm On May 27, 2011
Just xpressing ma mind,I am suprised some ppl don turn me tu scape goat. worm, virus, kokoro, insect, disease, etc thats not my intention in the first place, as I said b4 the app is for personal use, so no big deal or string attached tu it. but if yu want to feast or celebrate your knowledge of reading wikipedia, lucky yu and congratulation. please dont celebrate or feast on this, ppl dont talk there mind and I thought we are done.
Shekena
Re: The Black Art Of Programming. by kodewrita(m): 6:55pm On May 27, 2011
Masters in any art usually possess a form of humility. You dont seem to have such and therefore you deserve no respect. You clearly dont know the difference between a worm, virus or crawler.

Learn to accept being wrong sometimes. It doesnt necessarily mean you are any less for accepting.

As one great programmer once told me, WE ARE ALL LEARNERS.

1 Like

Re: The Black Art Of Programming. by talk2hb1(m): 3:31am On May 28, 2011
I said NAGODE (THANK YU) and
SHIKENA
I never claim to be know it all.
plz let sleeping dog sleep
Re: The Black Art Of Programming. by netghost: 7:55am On May 28, 2011
talk2hb1:

I said NAGODE (THANK YU) and
SHIKENA
I never claim to be know it all.
plz let sleeping dog sleep

the guy has clearly stated that he is sorry, but boys still dey vex shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin
Re: The Black Art Of Programming. by kodewrita(m): 8:24am On May 28, 2011
lol

(1) (Reply)

Barebone: A Framework For Responsive, Mobile-friendly Development / OOP Encourages Artificial Relationships: making namespaces scriptable / Am I The Only Onitsha Programmer In Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.