Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,552 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) (3062 Views)

How Can I Be Saving My Money In US Dollars (or Other Foreign Currencies) / I Want To Invest My 400k / Pls I Need Genuine Site To Invest My #20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by Emir8: 5:20am On Sep 14, 2021
Dear Nairalanders, I work with a foreign University online and I have been able to save 3,000.00 dollars. I'm planning to invest the money on consumable goods by opening a store (mini mall) and employ one or two people to manage it. But my sister advised me to leave the money in dollar currency and not engage in any business for now. Her reason is that dollar price will increase and I will gain more from that than any business.

Please what is your own advice?

Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by ChiefSosa(m): 5:23am On Sep 14, 2021
Do giveaway! But, for real: Listen to your sister's advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by rottennaija(m): 6:06am On Sep 14, 2021
You can invest a part of it in cryptos.
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by Lordsonn: 6:08am On Sep 14, 2021
Set up the store
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by greatnaija01: 6:53am On Sep 14, 2021
Emir8:
Dear Nairalanders, I work with a foreign University online and I have been able to save 3,000.00 dollars. I'm planning to invest the money on consumable goods by opening a store (mini mall) and employ one or two people to manage it. But my sister advised me to leave the money in dollar currency and not engage in any business for now. Her reason is that dollar price will increase and I will gain more from that than any business.

if you have no CONCRETE FAILPROOF idea to put the money in, just leave it.

90% OF PEOPLE ONLINE, may not use their best intentions to give you advice, cos they wish they had that money....

So, plan your future as you best envision it.

Coming here to ask for business ideas or advice, may not be wise, because every business is not for everyone.... personality traits affect business.

If you are prone to HBP, hypertension .... don't go near crypto at all.

i wish you well

2 Likes

Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by mrdharkchild(m): 8:36am On Sep 14, 2021
Emir8:

Your sister is wise..
If u invest in crypto, consider using the money in the future..
Forex is a good gamble, too. But u have to master the trade yourself. Don't trust people with it.
I really don't know much about business.

But please, I'm looking for your kinda job, can u link me up?
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by Adamma91(f): 10:02am On Sep 14, 2021
Don't even think of opening a business, if you know you won't be chanced to monitor it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by oshonwambada: 10:21am On Sep 14, 2021
greatnaija01:

if you have no CONCRETE FAILPROOF idea to put the money in, just leave it.

90% OF PEOPLE ONLINE, may not use their best intentions to give you advice, cos they wish they had that money....

So, plan your future as you best envision it.

Coming here to ask for business ideas or advice, may not be wise, because every business is not for everyone.... personality traits affect business.

If you are prone to HBP, hypertension .... don't go near crypto at all.

i wish you well
correct orientation
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by Lordsonn: 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2021
Waoh!!!!
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by structuredan(m): 6:38am On Sep 15, 2021
Whatsapp me if making 6.4% of your total investment daily is enough 08166633268
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by CryptoGuide: 8:40am On Sep 15, 2021
Your sister sure gave a beautiful advise. But the advise could be based on her own personal financial goal and risk appetite.

Storing your money in USD is an investment; and it is a wise thing to do if one intends to save money here in Nigeria while hedging against inflation in the country.

As to every investment; decisions should be made based on your personal financial goal and risk appetite.

If we assume that by the end of the year, the Nigerian Naira weakens to the USD by an additional N50 from its current exchange rate, this means your $3,000 will generate an additional profit of: 3,000 X N50 = N150,000 by the end of the year.

If you think N150,000 meets your financial goal for this year, and your risk appetite is low; then I think you should keep your money in USD as she advised.

Personally, If I were in your shoes and I'm to make a decision; I wouldn't keep my money in USD. This is due to the fact that my long term personal financial goal in life is to live off passive income from Real Estate properties; meaning I need a huge sum of money to actualize my plan; investing in Fiats will never give me such money; except if I'm trading the Forex market with a Broker where I have the opportunity to leverage. Also I'm young and it is expected that my risk appetite be quite high; I still have time to bounce back up should in case I venture into a failed investment. Therefore, I'd go for a high risk investment which will in turn offer a very high reward.

Just to buttress my point, I'd share my personal experience last year.

Last year, during my NYSC service year I was able to save up some money from my alawee and Forex Broker referral bonus, I was able to save up to N500,000.
If I to follow your sister's advise, I'd buy USD then at about N480 per dollar. N500,000 ÷ 480 = $1041; and now will be selling at around N550 per dollar. $1041 × 550 = N572,550

N72,550 profit isn't what I was looking for; so, I invested into cryptocurrencies instead. Cryptocurrencies are very volatile; the volatility of the crypto market is what makes it very risky and at the same time, very rewarding.
I was young, without wife and children; it was just me. I still have time on my side to bounce back to my feet if there's a loss of fund. So what if I loose my whole alawee in order to achieve a good course.
I went all in on Crypto, all N500,000 invested.
Of course, I already knew years ahead that 2020/2021 would be a bull run in the crypto market cycle; all coins/tokens pumped heaviily, starting from the large cap coins, then to the mid cap coins, then to the low cap coin. That is how money move in the crypto market in a bull run.
Throughout the bull run, I was able to get about N9 million in total. Sharply went to Ogun state, bought a cheap land, built a 2-bed apartment, and used the rest to buy some cheap lands, make those little landed investments dey appreciate dey go first... grin

The essence of the whole story is...

"Your financial goal (short and long term) and risk appetite will determine your choice of investment vehicle".

Note: I'm not in anyway advising that you go invest into cryptocurrencies. You will most likely be rekt. The crypto market is a highly volatile one; and about 90% of retail traders and investors loose funds to the market.

Only invest in what you know perfectly well. I chose to invest into cryptocurrencies coz it is the only thing I know in life; I've been studying the crypto market behaviour for over 4 years now, and spend about 12 hours daily doing crypto research.

Only invest in what you understand. If you're old towards retirement, or have mouths to feed, your risk appetite should be low.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by Lordsonn: 10:53am On Sep 15, 2021
CryptoGuide:
Your sister sure gave a beautiful advise. But the advise could be based on her own personal financial goal and risk appetite.

Storing your money in USD is an investment; and it is a wise thing to do if one intends to save money here in Nigeria while hedging against inflation in the country.

As to every investment; decisions should be made based on your personal financial goal and risk appetite.

If we assume that by the end of the year, the Nigerian Naira weakens to the USD by an additional N50 from its current exchange rate, this means your $3,000 will generate an additional profit of: 3,000 X N50 = N150,000 by the end of the year.

If you think N150,000 meets your financial goal for this year, and your risk appetite is low; then I think you should keep your money in USD as she advised.

Personally, If I were in your shoes and I'm to make a decision; I wouldn't keep my money in USD. This is due to the fact that my long term personal financial goal in life is to live off passive income from Real Estate properties; meaning I need a huge sum of money to actualize my plan; investing in Fiats will never give me such money; except if I'm trading the Forex market with a Broker where I have the opportunity to leverage. Also I'm young and it is expected that my risk appetite be quite high; I still have time to bounce back up should in case I venture into a failed investment. Therefore, I'd go for a high risk investment which will in turn offer a very high reward.

Just to buttress my point, I'd share my personal experience last year.

Last year, during my NYSC service year I was able to save up some money from my alawee and Forex Broker referral bonus, I was able to save up to N500,000.
If I to follow your sister's advise, I'd buy USD then at about N480 per dollar. N500,000 ÷ 480 = $1041; and now will be selling at around N550 per dollar. $1041 × 550 = N572,550

N72,550 profit isn't what I was looking for; so, I invested into cryptocurrencies instead. Cryptocurrencies are very volatile; the volatility of the crypto market is what makes it very risky and at the same time, very rewarding.
I was young, without wife and children; it was just me. I still have time on my side to bounce back to my feet if there's a loss of fund. So what if I loose my whole alawee in order to achieve a good course.
I went all in on Crypto, all N500,000 invested.
Of course, I already knew years ahead that 2020/2021 would be a bull run in the crypto market cycle; all coins/tokens pumped heaviily, starting from the large cap coins, then to the mid cap coins, then to the low cap coin. That is how money move in the crypto market in a bull run.
Throughout the bull run, I was able to get about N9 million in total. Sharply went to Ogun state, bought a cheap land, built a 2-bed apartment, and used the rest to buy some cheap lands, make those little landed investments dey appreciate dey go first... grin

The essence of the whole story is...

"Your financial goal (short and long term) and risk appetite will determine your choice of investment vehicle".

Note: I'm not in anyway advising that you go invest into cryptocurrencies. You will most likely be rekt. The crypto market is a highly volatile one; and about 90% of retail traders and investors loose funds to the market.

Only invest in what you know perfectly well. I chose to invest into cryptocurrencies coz it is the only thing I know in life; I've been studying the crypto market behaviour for over 4 years now, and spend about 12 hours daily doing crypto research.

Only invest in what you understand. If you're old towards retirement, or have mouths to feed, your risk appetite should be low.

This is a great advice

2 Likes

Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by CryptoGuide: 10:11am On Sep 17, 2021
He will be sorry if he does. Now is definitely not the best time to enter the market. There is too much greed in the market.

rottennaija:
You can invest a part of it in cryptos.
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by rottennaija(m): 10:52am On Sep 17, 2021
CryptoGuide:
He will be sorry if he does. Now is definitely not the best time to enter the market. There is too much greed in the market.

You invest in cryptos for the future. 3 to 10 years in the future.
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by CryptoGuide: 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2021
Sure! Long term investment is the best way to go if one really wanna make a killing with Crypto. But still, the crypto market just like any other financial market out there revolves in a cycle. There are phases in a complete crypto market cycle. As an investor, the accumulation phase is the period you wanna buy these assets. Judging from market data, we are obviously not in the accumulation phase.

rottennaija:

You invest in cryptos for the future. 3 to 10 years in the future.

1 Like

Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by rottennaija(m): 1:01pm On Sep 17, 2021
CryptoGuide:
Sure! Long term investment is the best way to go if one really wanna make a killing with Crypto. But still, the crypto market just like any other financial market out there revolves in a cycle. There are phases in a complete crypto market cycle. As an investor, the accumulation phase is the period you wanna buy these assets. Judging from market data, we are obviously not in the accumulation phase.

When is the accumulation phase coming?
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by andrewmorris: 1:23pm On Sep 17, 2021
Fazzaco is a global leading B2B financial information platform that helps Fintech companies and Forex brokers find business partners.
Fazzaco is the leading financial information platform covering news and posts of Forex brokers, liquidity providers, white label providers, CRM providers, cryptocurrency brokers and exchanges, payment providers, regulators, and all others whose businesses are relevant to the online trading industry. Fazzaco can help you reach out to the right partners and solutions and outperform the market by harnessing the power of our barrier-free connection and exact matchmaking features.
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by CryptoGuide: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
There's no way you can tell the exact date. But if you constantly track market data, you will surely know the right time to enter the market.

If you'd love a professional crypto guidance to reap the most benefit from the next crypt market cycle, feel free to chat me up on WhatsApp via: 0 8 1 3 0 2 9 7 4 8 7

rottennaija:

Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by CryptoGuide: 10:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
No one can tell for sure when we'd enter into this phase. But activities/emotion of the market will let you know when we're in this phase; then you can begin to strategically accumulate.

I you need help in your trading/investment journey; you can get in touch with me via WhatsApp: 0 8 1 3 0 2 9 7 4 8 7

rottennaija:

Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by sundaygray(m): 11:10pm On Sep 19, 2021
Emir8:

My brother give me the kinks, I've been looking for ways to make some money online... I'd be happy if you point me in the right direction...

And about your advice, invest in crypto, it's what I'm trying to gather up money for right now.
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by 1EmmyKay: 6:03am On Sep 20, 2021
Please i want to be a tutor too. How do i go about it
Emir8:

Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by bestmutiu2019(m): 8:53am On Sep 21, 2021
Please I take God beg you don't do any business that you won't be chance to manage it yourself
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by otomatic(m): 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2021
Invest the money in a SEC regulated, dollar denominated mutual fund to earn interest and compound.

That is my own opinion, not financial advice. Do your own due diligence.
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by Ultimer(m): 1:34pm On Sep 23, 2021
I think investing in a way like the Immediate Edge website is something too great for people who need money quickly and one of the best options to earn money fast enough to achieve their goals I hope that soon you will have the same luck.
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by bmdmix11: 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2021
invest in forex n be ready to lose money.
its like gambling in Las Vegas

use 1k dos for physical business that will bring in money daily n if it doesn't work out sell d business because da same Nigerians calling God during interview are going to b looking for ways to run u down n enrich themselves
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by Basilekeh: 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2021
I work with ProvidusBank we can help you put it in a dollar FD...
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by Quinton45: 11:01pm On Dec 02, 2022
If 3000 is the only money you have now, then I would save some more to feel more confident about the future and invest the money that won't affect my life if lose them. However, if you feel that you don't need much you can invest money in stocks, shares, or crypto. I know one PMS in India that I used to invest in, and they grew up my portfolio really great, about 35% in a year, which is better than keeping money at any bank also considering that it is a downtrend now, imagine what would be on a bull market.
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by olaeffect(m): 12:19am On Dec 03, 2022
My opinion of the benefits of investment is to increasing your income or reduce your expense.

But unfortunately most of us have been led astray with the option of increasing our income alone. This pathway has also ruined many.
Many people have seen their hard-earned income of many years disappeared in the twinkling of an eye by investment options that promised juicy returns.

But let me put to you today the new sure ways of investment that will make sure you never suffer any loss again.

It is called cost reduction investment. These kind of investment method is targeted towards people with stable income already, like Op that has been able to save $3,000.00 from his hustle. And want to invest the money instead of just spending off like that.
Re: Should I Invest My 3000 Dollars Or Leave It To Appreciate (I Need Your Advice) by ayoncox: 3:22am On Dec 03, 2022
Emir8:

Use half of the cash to invest in US stocks

(1) (Reply)

Get A Smart Way You Can Earn Income Without Money – Only Phone Needed / Ideas On What business To Invest on With 500k / 3 Stocks You Should Never Buy In The Nigerian Stock Exchange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.