Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. (4501 Views)

PDP NWC Submits Reports On Wike As NEC Meets Thursday / “INEC Has Complied With My FOI Request For BVAS Accreditation Report For Bayelsa / Tinubu Reacts To Reports On Rumoured Bid For Presidency In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by BluntCrazeMan: 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
“.... Only last weekend, we piloted yet another innovation in the Isoko-South-1 State Constituency bye-election in Delta State.
We introduced the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) for efficient human recognition through a biometric verification mechanism using both fingerprint and facial recognition of voters.
The result of the pilot in the 84 polling units was very encouraging indeed.
It took an average of just one minute for the device to correctly locate the voter in the system and another two minutes to authenticate a voter
....”
- INEC Chairman..
“... In terms of the ruggedness of the device and its battery life, no single BVAS was replaced due to discharge of battery throughout the voting period.
Most importantly, the device was able to guarantee the credibility of voter accreditation by preventing the incidents of multiple voting or the use of stolen PVCs to vote.
All voters were accredited electronically using the BVAS.
The use of the incident form was eliminated.

The Isoko-South-1 State Constituency bye-election was historic in this respect....”
- INEC Chairman

Source:
INEC Facebook Official Page...
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=226087072877693&id=100064292065433

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=226095142876886&id=100064292065433

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by LadyExcellency: 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2021
No more underage voting. Configure the system to dictate children

But if I may ask, is a 16years mother of four not eligible to vote for who controls the future of her children?

3 Likes

Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by BluntCrazeMan: 5:57pm On Sep 15, 2021
LadyExcellency:

But if I may ask, is a 16years mother of four not eligible to vote for who controls the future of her children?
But if I may still ask, what is the minimum constitutional age for marriage??
Four Kids at 16??
That's somehow disgustingly annoying to my own very comprehension.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by tk4rd: 4:43am On Sep 16, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:

Source:
INEC Facebook Official Page...
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=226087072877693&id=100064292065433

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=226095142876886&id=100064292065433
Now,, the main question still remains unanswered....

What is the percentage success of the Biometric Authentication Device??

He said that ALL Voters were Accreditated Electronically.
But he didn't indicate whether they were all Authenticated Successfully by the BVAS.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by fixedhollies(m): 5:08am On Sep 16, 2021
Una know wetin to do to better Nigeria, una just dey hide am ni.

1 Like

Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by szczescie(m): 5:09am On Sep 16, 2021
Saboteurs do not like anything that will guarantee free and fair elections in Nigeria

How will they rig? They must bring excuses as to why this technology cannot be used or used fully in the next election just watch and see

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by free2ryhme: 5:09am On Sep 16, 2021
Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by superCleanworks(m): 5:10am On Sep 16, 2021
Why should a computer take a whole minute to LOCATE a voter in its own system? Why?

And see how they said LOCATE just to make it look like the work is so hard and it is some rocket science.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by manuelkel(m): 5:14am On Sep 16, 2021
I done commot myself from anything Inec, they're equally one of the reasons our leaders misbehave.
Independent National Electoral Corruption. kiss kiss kiss
Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by ThinkSmarter: 5:25am On Sep 16, 2021
Good development.
Our democracy is advancing.
Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by Phiniter(m): 6:08am On Sep 16, 2021
ok
Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by Administration1: 6:13am On Sep 16, 2021
Mumu them, one friggin minute,
Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by AmigoDeDon(m): 6:36am On Sep 16, 2021
Same thing Wii happen again

1 Like

Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by BluntCrazeMan: 7:00am On Sep 16, 2021
Once the Electronic Voting gets added in the Electoral Act, INEC can actually work with the CBN too, so as to allow the necessary softwares to be downloaded in all the high-tech Bank ATM Machines In Nigeria (which has Cameras and Thumb-printing sensors on them), so that they can be converted to make-shift Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) on the Election Day..
This is in addition to the dedicated EVM machines, and the dedicated INEC Voting Apps that are downloadable on Mobile Devices too..

6 Likes

Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by ehinmowo: 7:36am On Sep 16, 2021
LadyExcellency:

Wait o! You meant a 16-year old has 4 kids? My God!

1 Like

Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by Xmen149(m): 7:45am On Sep 16, 2021
LadyExcellency:

Did I just read this,.16yrs with 4kids even if she gives birth every 1yrs which is weird meaning she started having sex at 12yrs..The Girl,her parents,the husband and his parents will be in hot Soup fir firs pvc is not for them

2 Likes

Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by airsaylongcome: 7:49am On Sep 16, 2021
superCleanworks:
Why should a computer take a whole minute to LOCATE a voter in its own system? Why?

And see how they said LOCATE just to make it look like the work is so hard and it is some rocket science.

Madness in this country I tell you. It's a simple 1:1 match that took a whole minute o! Naija na cruise

2 Likes

Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by SocialJustice: 8:02am On Sep 16, 2021
Waiting for Anambra 2021 results and report. This is a great accomplishment by INEC.

1 Like

Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by BluntCrazeMan: 8:06am On Sep 16, 2021
szczescie:
Saboteurs do not like anything that will guarantee free and fair elections in Nigeria

How will they rig? They must bring excuses as to why this technology cannot be used or used fully in the next election just watch and see
You know them very well..
We will still continue to be watching them
Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by Coolgent(m): 8:09am On Sep 16, 2021
superCleanworks:

My thought exactly!
If we can withdraw monry from ATM withing minute i see no reason why it take 1 minute to locate just one voter
Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by BluntCrazeMan: 8:14am On Sep 16, 2021
superCleanworks:

No mind them..
They want to make it look as if the job was so fantastically difficult, and that the device did a very tasking job and was able to overcome the difficulty.
Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by Creamz(m): 8:18am On Sep 16, 2021
Nice one. This will go forward to eliminate multiple voting from people who have accumulated other people's voters card. Now the next one is to eliminate under aged voting. Once that is done. Then we can speak about having a somewhat free and fair elections

2 Likes

Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by BluntCrazeMan: 8:21am On Sep 16, 2021
ehinmowo:

Wait o! You meant a 16-year old has 4 kids? My God!
The thing no shock you??

1 Like

Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by Adbojoz: 8:27am On Sep 16, 2021
[quote author=BluntCrazeMan post=105848909] But if I may still ask, what is the minimum constitutional age for marriage??
Four Kids at 16??
That's somehow disgustingly annoying to my own very comprehension.
���
Re: INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. by Senudi96(m): 8:43am On Sep 16, 2021
LadyExcellency:

How can a 16yr old be a mother of four? If that's not abuse.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joe Igbokwe Cries Out After His Landcruiser SUV Was Vandalized At Ikoyi Golf Clu / Antisemitic Contents Will No Longer Be Tolerated On Nairaland / Exposed: Sharist Sanusi L. Sanusi's Bigot Views Of Yoruba & Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.