Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks (12964 Views)

Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipstick / COVID-19: How Can Someone Wearing PPE Perform Ablution For Solah? / Types Of People You Will Find In The Ablution Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by Lukgaf(m): 7:24am On Sep 17, 2021
Is lipstick regarded as a barrier to wudoo’? Usually when one does wudoo’, the lipstick is reduced but it is not removed entirely. Should the previous prayers pray with it be repeated?.

Praise be to Allah.

In order for wudoo’ to be valid, it is essential to remove anything that will prevent the water from reaching the skin, whether it is lipstick or anything else. But if the colour or trace of it is left, even if the water touches the skin and runs off it without sticking, then wudoo’ is valid.

Al-Nawawi said in al-Majmoo’ (1/492):

If there is wax, dough, henna and the like on one of his limbs, which prevents water from reaching any part of it, then his tahaarah is not valid, whether the amount is large or small. If there are traces of henna and its colour left on the hand, without there being any solid material left, or elsewhere, or traces of liquid grease whereby water flows over the limb but does not stay there, his tahaarah is valid. End quote.

Based on this, you should remove the lipstick before you do wudoo’, so that there will be nothing left that could prevent the water from reaching the skin, but if the colour or a trace of grease is left, that does not matter.

And Allaah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/81685/doing-wudoo-when-wearing-lipstick

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by suffering: 8:01am On Sep 17, 2021
Isn’t lipstick haram to begin with?

7 Likes

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by AntiChristian: 8:53am On Sep 17, 2021
suffering:
Isn’t lipstick haram to begin with?

Lipstick is not haram except:

1. if it causes harm when used for long or short period of time.

2. If it is used in the presence of non-mahram men.

Anything that prevents ablution water touching the skin will make your ablution incomplete.

An Incomplete ablution will lead to an invalid Salah!

Those who use Make-up like Lipstick, wetlips, Nail paint, Mascara, etc beware!

5 Likes

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by Oddfinder: 11:29am On Sep 17, 2021
So lipstick is not haram cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 17, 2021
grin grin grin grin Rulings wey no dey move people forward.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by SunshineHQ(m): 11:32am On Sep 17, 2021
what is the ruling on having sex without coming

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by iCauseTrouble: 11:32am On Sep 17, 2021
Lipstick ruling seen. I am waiting for the next ruling.
BTW, What's the ruling on going for more than 1 round of sex?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by salot33819: 11:41am On Sep 17, 2021
Good
Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by Fasshyt(m): 11:57am On Sep 17, 2021
Okay

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by Ppogbae: 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2021
What is the ruling on grazing on farmland that isn't yours.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by motayoayinde: 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2021
JAZAAKALLAH
Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by Jeilani244(m): 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2021
Jazakallah khairan op
Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by Terrier99: 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2021
Islam is worse than imprisonment. It is abject slavery.

8 Likes

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by Denn(m): 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2021
SunshineHQ:
what is the ruling on having sex without coming

You have to come o.

The ruling is clear. He who goes in and does not come must go back in again.

8 Likes

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by Denn(m): 12:30pm On Sep 17, 2021
Gadepe:
What's ablution?

Is it the same as bloodshed and violence?

Ablution is water based. For further enquires, read more on jihad.

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by Topzee109: 12:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
Gadepe:
What's ablution?

Is it the same as bloodshed and violence?
Always instigating hatred.

There is always abuse, insult or curse on Muslims thread on Friday but Muslims will never go to Christians thread on Sunday to cause violence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by Amoto94(m): 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2021
OtemAtum:
Allah and rulings are 5 and 6, but as a matter of fact, Allah, Jehovah and all other unrepentant gods of religion are currently in a spiritual cage where the gods of science have caged them in, for the Age of Aquarius to be well established on Earth.
The foolish one when you will wake up from your dream inside a dream?
Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by OtemAtum: 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2021
Amoto94:

The foolish one when you will wake up from your dream inside a dream?
That kind thing has happened to you before abi?grin

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by ANTIlSLAM(m): 4:20pm On Sep 17, 2021
advocatejare:
Ablution they say is for purification before prayers but is it true?. Let’s check the Hadith of rosul, how Muhammad performed ablution with water in wjhich all forms of dirts were thrown into including dead dogs and menstrual rags

Sunan an-Nasa'i 326
It was narrated that Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri said:
"It was said: 'O Messenger of Allah, you perform Wudu' from the well into which the bodies of dogs, menstrual rags and garbage are thrown?' He said: 'Water is pure and it is not made impure by anything.'"

Antichristian, babaheekmat , haekymbahdx mhmsadyq Empiree IJOBA11 allah is waiting for you here

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by babybuzx(f): 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2021
The kind of grammars used in explaining many points in Islam, makes the situation more complicated. From what I understood from the op response, henna doesn't make wudoo valid but in the last paragraph,you said if colors remains, wudoo is invalid.
At this point, ko ye mi mo ooo

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by HARMYMY(f): 8:56pm On Sep 17, 2021
JAZAAKALLAH
Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by Empiree: 5:58pm On Sep 18, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

Antich.ristian, babahee.kmat , haekym.bahdx mhms.adyq Emp.iree IJO.BA11 allah is waiting for you here
Give me a reason to respond to your trash?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgbdrFdQ-Jw
Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by ANTIlSLAM(m): 6:07pm On Sep 18, 2021
Empiree:
Give me a reason to respond to your trash?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgbdrFdQ-Jw

You called Hadith of rosul a trash? Shey you know your punishment under the sharia laws?
Alfa babaheekmat is coming for you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by Empiree: 6:10pm On Sep 18, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

You called Hadith of rosul a trash? Shey you know your punishment under the sharia laws?
Alfa babaheekmat is coming for you cheesy
twist to whereever you want. I have no time explaining any Hadith to you guys
Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by ANTIlSLAM(m): 6:14pm On Sep 18, 2021
Empiree:
twist to whereever you want. I have no time explaining any Hadith to you guys

You called this beautiful hadith a trash? Bros, You must explain

Sunan an-Nasa'i 326
"It was said: 'O Messenger of Allah, you perform Wudu' from the well into which the bodies of dogs, menstrual rags and garbage are thrown?' He said: 'Water is pure and it is not made impure by anything.'"

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks by Empiree: 8:31pm On Sep 18, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

You called this beautiful hadith a trash? Bros, You must explain

Sunan an-Nasa'i 326
Guy, don't you get it?. You think I have your time?. I don't owe you explanation

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Should We Return The Greetings From A Non-muslim / Characteristics Of A Pious Husband / Medical Advice On Fasting. I Pray It Helps.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.