Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,189 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:32 AM

2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims (15858 Views)

Hope Dims Over Bail For Frederick Nwajiagu / 2023: Hope For Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Kwankwaso As PDP Moves To Scrap Zoning / 2023: Oshiomhole’s Sack Dims Way For Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Quality20(m): 7:56am On Sep 18, 2021
our igbo ppl are too greedy. They just want d presidency on a platter,no contest or struggle. was that how late mko abiola fought against the odds and defeated great northern and southern politicians both in the primaries and general elections, including Tofa of the defunct NRC in his home state? Igbos need to spend like there is no tomorrow if they truly are serious

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by thetaxman: 7:57am On Sep 18, 2021
divinehand2003:
No region wins presidential elections on a platter of gold without serious campaigns and canvassing for support from two or more regions in Nigeria. At present, the political forces in Igbo land are not doing this, rather they sit and wait for the ticket to be zoned to them without hustling for it.

This aligns with the present expression, " THE PATIENT DOG IN NIGERIA GETS NO BONE AT ALL".

Power is not served a la carte
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Tissaia(f): 7:57am On Sep 18, 2021
In January 1966, some senior Nigerian army officers, mostly of the Igbo ethnic group, assassinated key politicians during a coup in the West African state.

Those killed included Ahmadu Bello, a revered leader in the north.

After1970 Many Igbo still feel sidelined in Nigerian politics, as since the civil war no-one from the ethnic group has become president.

Who started all the chaos? in other to dominate, because they see everyone as inferior they always make wrong calculations. y'all just can't keep threatening Nigerians with secessions while you're enjoying the settings. you should all go back to the south east erect a border so that we will know you are serious.

Killing of Ahmed gulag is still fresh, Insulting everyone on social media is useless just try something better.

I think y'all would have done better if y'all had handled it with a little bit more intelligence, in the past. I think now that Ojukwu… thought he was Jesus Christ.

He thought he could do magic. If he had slowed down and allowed some people who were with him to advise him properly, y'all would have come out better than you did.

They call this "Democracy" the white people imprisoned us all in this hellhole. the Yorubas are smart, the North are also trying to be smart. Politics is about making smart move not acting arrogant and thinking you're superior because your grandad lied to u about been Jewish.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by gidgiddy: 7:58am On Sep 18, 2021
Who has Presidency helped? Many of those who have had the Presidency are even in worse state than the South East
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Typicalguy(m): 7:58am On Sep 18, 2021
Who said Igbo is going to be president before... Believe at your own peril...
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Tissaia(f): 7:58am On Sep 18, 2021
divinehand2003:
From my deep analysis of the present political climate in Nigeria, I think the Ibos are not interested about 2023 presidential ticket. I see a lot of talks in the south east region that isn't backed with the necessary movement that is expected to lead one to the promise land.

Come 2023, I see the presidential ticket zoned to the South West due to the strong motions taking place in that region.
why not try Ojukwus style
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 18, 2021
Quality20:
our igbo ppl are too greedy. They just want do presidency on a platter,no contest or struggle. was that how late mko abiola fought against the odds and defeated great northern politicians

Every tribe, including yours, wants the presidency...so stop this 'Ibo greed' tales.

He who controls the presidency controls the sharing. That's why some of us don't take sides in the whole political show here.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Lightorder: 8:00am On Sep 18, 2021
divinehand2003:
No region wins presidential elections on a platter of gold without serious campaigns and canvassing for support from two or more regions in Nigeria. At present, the political forces in Igbo land are not doing this, rather they sit and wait for the ticket to be zoned to them without hustling for it.

This aligns with the present expression, " THE PATIENT DOG IN NIGERIA GETS NO BONE AT ALL".
and so, This nation will get no better. The mess in the nation continues
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Quiny32323: 8:00am On Sep 18, 2021
Make it dim well well
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Lubumbashi: 8:00am On Sep 18, 2021
Any Party that chooses their candidate or running mate from the South east will be battling with sit at home order in that enclave. It will be a waste of that slot.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Brimstone77: 8:01am On Sep 18, 2021
Only if you can mention 10 benefits of buhari adminstration to the north or even kastina to be precise, then I will start canvassing for Igbo president...

Or if you can list at least 15 benefits of good luck Jonathan adminstration to South south or oteke then I will take you lots serious...

Igbo president is just an avenue to enrich some people's pocket while the masses continue living in abject poverty...

I want those championing for Igbo president to tell me their achievements in Igbo land when they were in their previous political post..

Spit!!

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by nonhuman(m): 8:01am On Sep 18, 2021
divinehand2003:

The Ohaneze and other political leaders from Ibo land have repeatedly denounced this idea of succession in the public space because they know it might not be profitable to the region if they go in that direction. I believe strengthening your political idea in unity and with one voice is the way to success in Nigeria.
tell yourself the truth are you happy as a Nigerian right now

1 Like

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Quiny32323: 8:02am On Sep 18, 2021
Tissaia:
In January 1966, some senior Nigerian army officers, mostly of the Igbo ethnic group, assassinated key politicians during a coup in the West African state.

After1970 Many Igbo still feel sidelined in Nigerian politics, as since the civil war no-one from the ethnic group has become president.

Who started all the chaos? in other to dominate, because they see everyone as inferior they always make wrong calculations. y'all just can't keep threatening Nigerians with secessions while you're enjoying the settings. you should all go back to the south east erect a border so that we will know you are serious.

Killing of Ahmed gulag is still fresh, Insulting everyone on social media is useless just try something better.

I think y'all would have done better if y'all had handled it with a little bit more intelligence, in the past. I think now that Ojukwu… thought he was Jesus Christ.

He thought he could do magic. If he had slowed down and allowed some people who were with him to advise him properly, y'all would have come out better than you did.

They call this "Democracy" the white people imprisoned us all in this hellhole. the Yorubas are smart, the North are also trying to be smart. Politics is about making smart move not acting arrogant and thinking you're superior because your grandad lied to u about been Jewish.

Igbos are not good in politics if you ask me but the ones that are, are not better off believe me.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Perfectbeing(m): 8:03am On Sep 18, 2021
If APC brings out an Igbo man for Presidency, he would against any Northerner or Southerner PDP produces unless PDP also produces an Igbo man. If APC produces a Yoruba man, like Star Boy, he'd win anybody PDP produces. Igbo Presidency lies with APC. But the thing is that during the formation of APC which the major stake holders were the Yorubas and the Northerners, their agreement was that after the Northerners, the Yorubas would rule. So its unlikely APC would bring out an Igbo aspirant, unless the agreement is (or has been) renegotiated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by WrathOfHadez(m): 8:05am On Sep 18, 2021
divinehand2003:
From my deep analysis of the present political climate in Nigeria, I think the Ibos are not interested about 2023 presidential ticket. I see a lot of talks in the south east region that isn't backed with the necessary movement that is expected to lead one to the promise land.

Come 2023, I see the presidential ticket zoned to the South West due to the strong motions taking place in that region.
Igbos are political novice. They lack any true political figure in the center that has a mass appeal.

They are given to thuggery and brashness and foolhardiness and that's why someone like Ekpa Simon and Nnamdi Kalu are their central voice of reason with mass appeal.

Hard reality.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by BadEnglish(m): 8:07am On Sep 18, 2021
Got me thinking �, if there was any hope to begin with.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by PAWG(m): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2021
BluForce:
How pitiable? The North still wants to hold on to power

The south obviously isn’t ready, most times power isn’t handed to you, you gotta take it. Right now no one appears to be serious, I’d rather Tinubu becomes president than for another northerner to take it. Let another region rule please
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Ekpeitit(m): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2021
We don't want a Biafran president in Nigeria
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Lightorder: 8:11am On Sep 18, 2021
Brimstone77:
Only if you can mention 10 benefits of buhari adminstration to the north or even kastina to be precise, then I will start canvassing for Igbo president...

Or if you can list at least 15 benefits of good luck Jonathan adminstration to South south or oteke then I will take you lots serious...

Igbo president is just an avenue to enrich some people's pocket while the masses continue living in abject poverty...

I want those championing for Igbo president to tell me their achievements in Igbo land when they were in their previous political post..

Spit!!
oga, if you like vomit and not just spit. This country started decaying because people like you went into power and being supported by people of same mind. They believe that performance of any president should be based on his achievements in his own region or his home state. This is madness. Let us keep gunning for injustice and incompetence based on selfish reasons. We will all die here in it. Make sure you go no where. Keep politicking and choosing injustice over fairness
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by seunmsg(m): 8:12am On Sep 18, 2021
I still don’t get why south east can’t put up a strong candidate for PDP ticket. Why should the front runner in PDP be Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal and Bala Mohammed? What happens to Peter Obi, Ekweremadu, Anyim Pius Anyim etc? What the fvck is wrong with our SE politicians?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by nabiz(m): 8:12am On Sep 18, 2021
divinehand2003:

how did obasanjo campaign when he win the primary, how did Yar'Adua wins, how did Jonathan campaign? I be pack well

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by doneback04: 8:12am On Sep 18, 2021
All this mouth making from the South to become the next president come 2023 e go shock una when northerners rule again

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by kcnwaigbo: 8:14am On Sep 18, 2021
Perfectbeing:
If APC brings out an Igbo man for Presidency, he would against any Northerner or Southerner PDP produces unless PDP also produces an Igbo man. If APC produces a Yoruba man, like Star Boy, he'd win anybody PDP produces. Igbo Presidency lies with APC. But the thing is that during the formation of APC which the major stake holders were the Yorubas and the Northerners, their agreement was that after the Northerners, the Yorubas would rule. So its unlikely APC would bring out an Igbo aspirant, unless the agreement is (or has been) renegotiated.
Dreamer no southerner will emerge president again unless the entire south unites.Even your so-called star boy will not even win a single street outside his SW region

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Skillsnigeria: 8:14am On Sep 18, 2021
Nigeria can never change, the poverty and struggle continue
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by PENNYSWAP: 8:15am On Sep 18, 2021
[/b]
jaxxy:
Dims to where? If the South can’t come to an agreement it will definitely go back to the North since they can agree better.

It’s simple mathematics.

It’s turn for the SE and there are only 2 main challenges

1. SE can’t even get a formidable and national candidate.

2. SW won’t support Igbos for president. They have become saboteurs and opportunist of Igbo marginalization even more than the North.

[b] 3) most ibo politicians want VP not the president cuz non of them can support one another

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Idiko1: 8:15am On Sep 18, 2021
divinehand2003:

The Ohaneze and other political leaders from Ibo land have repeatedly denounced this idea of succession in the public space because they know it might not be profitable to the region if they go in that direction. I believe strengthening your political idea in unity and with one voice is the way to success in Nigeria.

The same fools who cannot be mentioned for presidential candidacy of the shithole called Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 18, 2021
nabiz:
how did obasanjo campaign when he win the primary, how did Yar'Adua wins, how did Jonathan campaign? I be pack well

1.Obasanjo has his boys and connections built over the years, and yeah, he did the hard work of campaigning

2.Obasanjo helped Yarauda with his campaign, plus Yaradua is the younger brother of late Shehu Yaradua...who also had his own nationwide contacts ...

3.Ditto GEJ.
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Perfectbeing(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2021
kcnwaigbo:

Dreamer no southerner will emerge president again unless the entire south unites.Even your so-called star boy will not even win a single street outside his SW region
Ok
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Idiko1: 8:18am On Sep 18, 2021
Bluntguy:

The Igbos really want to go their way. If an Igbo man loses interest in anything, nothing changes his conviction . That is what is happening.

You could not be more correct with the bolded. I had shot any Igbo person who shows remote interest in the presidency of the shithole called Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Princeton92(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2021
It's a great pity that our Politicians are only interested in next election as it's always the only thing they can talk about boastfully without blinking
Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Rickylambert: 8:18am On Sep 18, 2021
Tissaia:

After1970 Many Igbo still feel sidelined in Nigerian politics, as since the civil war no-one from the ethnic group has become president.You are not informed.
Too many obvious erroneous opinions from you reflected a sheer bitterness against Igbo tribe.

Re: 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims by Arthurity1(m): 8:23am On Sep 18, 2021
Truthissupreme:
Come to think of it there is no serious Igbo man out there

Umuahi was better staying on his own in pdp than boot licking fulani which just made him a clown

Peter obi that one isn't cerebral enough as a politician he may have hype of governance
Stop using excuses... Not that there isn't any serious igbo man, Nigerians are too tribalistic to vote for one... That's the truth!
"Peter obi that one isn't cerebral enough as a politician he may have hype of governance"... That's another lie you want to use to excuse yourself. You know the truth that he's the best candidate one can possibly think of in Nigeria's current economic situation. He's very shrewd and calculated, and was the damn best governor Anambara had ever seen. There's also Kingsley Mohgalu with financial and economic expertise in the highest organizations of the world. These two are best possible candidates Nigeria can think of, because they are the least corrupt, most economically sound and most importantly, they true champoins of federal character.
But you people won't vote for them, because they are igbo... Atiku lost the elections, because he had Peter Obi as running mate, it was on this same nairaland that I saw some of the most derogatory comments about igbos, we all saw videos of an imam telling his followers not to vote for a "yammiri". This goes to show you the level of ingrained tribalism that exists.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Obi Says Past Leaders Are Bad, Yet Runs To Them For Endorsement / IPOB's Sit-At-Home Order Affected Completion Of 2nd Niger Bridge – Fashola / FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.