Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,244 members, 7,856,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 10:04 AM

What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? (3672 Views)

What Muslims Will Experience At Death / For those who desire to Make Heaven at Death or at Rapture ( Video) / Father Mbaka Heals A Blind Man At Adoration Crusade - TrezzyHelm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 7:37am On Nov 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

When a real Christian is talking we speak with authority because we will not leave you without clarification on what the scriptures is saying. Matthew 7:28-29

Since you've agreed that we're all sinners through one man (Adam){Romans 5:12} so it means death will continue to rule in the midst of mankind as king {Romans 5:17} then this clearly shows that we will all be buried (temporarily) until the day of resurrection.
But as for the people that chose to be wicked (deliberately) this simply means they have no regards for God or conscience, therefore God will not raise them back to life during resurrection.
Remember the Bible says Christ will rule for 1,000 years.
Well this means all what Jesus taught will be our guide throughout the earth for 1,000 years , during that time Satan and his demons will be locked up in a state of inactivity where they will not be able to deceive or distract anyone from pure worship! Revelations 20:1-3
So that is what the Bible refer to as the judgment day, it's a period of 1,000 years {2Peter 3:8} in every corner of the earth people will be discussing about what Jesus taught and how to apply it in our lives. Of course some humans will ignore and start their activities all over again, pursuing fleshly desires but because there is no sickness or anybody forcing anyone to obey the global rule such disobedient ones will die after a hundred years of their survival! Isaiah 65:20

So if it's after Christ's 1,000 year reign and destruction of Satan that everlasting life will be declared upon the survivors, then for what purpose do you think people who deliberately chose to be wicked in their past life should be resurrected?

My friend, we are not talking about quoting and arguing blindly but substantiating with reference to hidden secrets in God's word.

But if you're still doubting whether the wicked people who deliberately chose to practice evil will be resurrected, please we don't need to continue arguing fruitlessly. Each person is entitled to his own opinion.

Thanks for your time, God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Before you go, I would give you some scripture to clear your doubts

Luke 13.28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Revelations 20 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Can it be clearer than this, all would be resurrected to face a judgment. And the wicked would be cast into the fire.

Revelations 6.9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

This reveals what happens to the righteous when they die. They rest in the Lord.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:38am On Nov 29, 2021
tctrills:

Sorry, You said angels came to have sex with humans? Genesis 6.1-2 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair, and they took them wives of all which they chose.
I really don't know what bible you are reading.
It says the sons of God not angels. Please you need to tell me if you have a different bible from the rest of us. The bible said sons of God, are you not a son of God?
The Bible never taught that angels come around to have sex with women. Are angels driven with male hormones and organs? And if so, why have angels stopped sleeping with women? Or were they castrated after the flood? I keep saying this let's not add personal narations to bible truths

After God declared that humans should continue to multiply and fill the earth {Genesis 1:28} then what do you think is the point of emphasis when the Bible said:

Sons of God chose daughters of men and began taking them as wives? Genesis 6:1-2

Well the sons of God according to the Bible are not natural humans but spirit creatures {Job 38:7} they are the ones who assemble before God in the spirit realms when Satan (a rebellious angel) proceeded to come into their midst! Job 1:6

It was the unnatural sexual reproduction that led to the birth of unnatural babies who kept growing bigger and bigger until they became giants and they were wicked {Genesis 6:4} it was this giants that were causing havoc up and down making life unbearable for normal humans and their attitude led many into bad behaviors back then.
That's why God declared that he will wipe them out with all other people that joined in doing what is bad. Noah was chosen because he was different {Genesis 6:9} that's why God revealed to him what He is about to do.

After the global deluge only Noah and his family survived but during the flood all the angels with materialized human bodies dropped their bodies and returned to heaven but God did not allow them back into the fold of his loyal spirit sons, they returned to the earth and became demons or fallen angels. They're the ones behind Spiritism throughout the world till today!

All these are sacred secrets my friend. They still have sex with humans today but they only do so to promote the lie their leader told in the beginning. How? They put on materialised bodies of dead people then go to somewhere far and start sleeping with a woman until someone who recognizes the body they're putting on notice them, then they disappears.
Their motive is to promote the idea that the dead are still living somewhere! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:52am On Nov 29, 2021
tctrills:

Before you go, I would give you some scripture to clear your doubts

Luke 13.28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Revelations 20 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Can it be clearer than this, all would be resurrected to face a judgment. And the wicked would be cast into the fire.

Revelations 6.9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

This reveals what happens to the righteous when they die. They rest in the Lord.

It's OK my friend, i wish you find a group of people practicing what you believe is pure worship.
I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses as your friend has told you and we hold onto the teaching that the dead have nothing to do with the living.
Jesus spoke in parables that's why most of the things he was saying was misunderstood even by many of his disciples so that majority of them stopped following him! John 6:61-66
He is the one who revealed the Bible book of Revelation to John not literally but in symbolic terms {Revelations 1:1} so if you want to know the group of people that got Jesus' words correctly just look for a group of worshipers who have the same line of thought globally {John 17:20-23} preaching zealously and industriously teaching in all their neighbourhood {Matthew 28:19-20} are known as a group in whose gathering there is Love {John 13:34-35} then in every tribe and nation of the earth they will be hated because they won't participate in politics! John 15:19

That's the FRUIT Jesus talked about @ Matthew 7:16-18

Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 7:54am On Nov 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

After God declared that humans should continue to multiply and fill the earth {Genesis 1:28} then what do you think is the point of emphasis when the Bible said:

Sons of God chose daughters of men and began taking them as wives? Genesis 6:1-2

Well the sons of God according to the Bible are not natural humans but spirit creatures {Job 38:7} they are the ones who assemble before God in the spirit realms when Satan (a rebellious angel) proceeded to come into their midst! Job 1:6

It was the unnatural sexual reproduction that led to the birth of unnatural babies who kept growing bigger and bigger until they became giants and they were wicked {Genesis 6:4} it was this giants that were causing havoc up and down making life unbearable for normal humans and their attitude led many into bad behaviors back then.
That's why God declared that he will wipe them out with all other people that joined in doing what is bad. Noah was chosen because he was different {Genesis 6:9} that's why God revealed to him what He is about to do.

After the global deluge only Noah and his family survived but during the flood all the angels with materialized human bodies dropped their bodies and returned to heaven but God did not allow them back into the fold of his loyal spirit sons, they returned to the earth and became demons or fallen angels. They're the ones behind Spiritism throughout the world till today!

All these are sacred secrets my friend. They still have sex with humans today but they only do so to promote the lie their leader told in the beginning. How? They put on materialised bodies of dead people then go to somewhere far and start sleeping with a woman until someone who recognizes the body they're putting on notice them, then they disappears.
Their motive is to promote the idea that the dead are still living somewhere! smiley
This is so funny but let's take it point by point. First, who are the Sons of God? Job 38:7 never stated that they are angels. You are right in saying that they are spirits just like you and I have spirits. Hence men are sons of God Romans 8:12-25. Our spirits are begotten of God. So when you say spiritual creatures, you are right.
But when you claim that angels come around to sleep with women, you open the gates to lots of falsehood.
1. You assume that angels are men with sexual needs, sexual parts, and hormones, and they get women pregnant.
2. What stops more angels from coming around from time to for more sex?
3. If Christ needed to preach to evil angels, why do you think evil men should not have a second chance.
4. If some angels love women it means there are also homosexual angels who sleep with men or their fellow angels making heaven a serious joke.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 7:58am On Nov 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

It's OK my friend, i wish you find a group of people practicing what you believe is pure worship.
I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses as your friend has told you and we hold onto the teaching that the dead have nothing to do with the living.
Jesus spoke in parables that's why most of the things he was saying was misunderstood even by many of his disciples so that majority of them stopped following him! John 6:61-66
He is the one who revealed the Bible book of Revelation to John not literally but in symbolic terms {Revelations 1:1} so if you want to know the group of people that got Jesus' words correctly just look for a group of worshipers who have the same line of thought globally {John 17:20-23} preaching zealously and industriously teaching in all their neighbourhood {Matthew 28:19-20} are known as a group in whose gathering there is Love {John 13:34-35} then in every tribe and nation of the earth they will be hated because they won't participate in politics! John 15:19

I only represent the truth. You are obviously representing your organization. But the truth goes beyond that. I notice that you accept a few parts of the bible that you can explain and reject the parts that you don't understand. I have given you scripture upon scripture that clearly teach all men would be resurrected but you keep quoting a few verses from genesis and psalms that don't even say otherwise
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 8:00am On Nov 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I prefer a group that would teach the scripture and not personal doctrine. Not a group that teaches that angels come around to sleep with girls and other funny non bible based teaches.
when you speak about groups that preac, Do you preach more than the Catholic that converted Billions. That's the thing with most of you churches, you pick out a verse and hold on to it living the rest of the bible. Look Christianity is not about political opinion. The bible teaches about the judgment day. It never says that anyone would go to hell for joining pdp.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:25am On Nov 29, 2021
tctrills:

I prefer a group that would teach the scripture and not personal doctrine. Not a group that teaches that angels come around to sleep with girls and other funny non bible based teaches.
when you speak about groups that preac, Do you preach more than the Catholic that converted Billions. That's the thing with most of you churches, you pick out a verse and hold on to it living the rest of the bible. Look Christianity is not about political opinion. The bible teaches about the judgment day. It never says that anyone would go to hell for joining pdp.

Thanks for your time! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 9:14am On Nov 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Thanks for your time! smiley
lol
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
tctrills:
lol
Good to know that you laughed it off at last because many instead of hearing it and taking it as one of those beliefs of other religions take it upon themselves to start hunting us for sharing our beliefs.
It's not by force, you present what you believe and walk away if your audience say "NO" there is no wahala! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 1:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Good to know that you laughed it off at last because many instead of hearing it and taking it as one of those beliefs of other religions take it upon themselves to start hunting us for sharing our beliefs.
It's not by force, you present what you believe and walk away if your audience say "NO" there is no wahala! smiley
I can never hurt someone because of his beliefs. If God wants us all to believe the say thing he would do it at the press of a button.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
tctrills:

I can never hurt someone because of his beliefs. If God wants us all to believe the say thing he would do it at the press of a button.

I'll take you for your word! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by haddeylium(m): 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2021
tctrills:

From this scripture, it seems there is no consciousness at death. So my question is, what happened to the spirit ofor man at death?

What ring on many people's mind when the they hear the word 'Spirit' is what the movies produce as a conscious being teleporting everywhere.
What the bible teaches as the SPIRIT in humans is completely different from that.
The English word Spirit is etymology of the Hebrew word pneuma(Gr Naphesh) which means simply a Breath or a blow of breath

Someone stated this earlier;
When Adam was created, God formed man’s body. For that newly created body to live and continue alive, he needed spirit (Breath of life) which will serves as a life-fore or a spark of life for the body to live. Genesis 2:7

What happens to this breath of life/spirit after death?
God's word saidBoth humans and animals “have but one spirit.” (Ecclesiastes 3:19). It's the same thing that happens to both the human and animal's spirit. Also, like when the invisible electricity (Spirit) that powers our appliances(body) goes off.
It's only God that can return this spark of life like the energy company.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by TenQ: 7:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
The spirit of a man is his soul, so it depends on what how he lived his life while on Earth. If for God and according to His Word, then he would preserve his spirit for eternal life. But if for the world and worked iniquity, he would lose his soul in eternal damnation.

God bless.
There is a difference between the soul and spirit of man.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 9:24pm On Nov 29, 2021
haddeylium:

What ring on many people's mind when the they hear the word 'Spirit' is what the movies produce as a conscious being teleporting everywhere.
What the bible teaches as the SPIRIT in humans is completely different from that.
The English word Spirit is etymology of the Hebrew word pneuma(Gr Naphesh) which means simply a Breath or a blow of breath

When Adam was created, God formed man’s body. For that newly created body to live and continue alive, he needed spirit (Breath of life) which will serves as a life-fore or a spark of life for the body to live. Genesis 2:7

God's word saidBoth humans and animals “have but one spirit.” (Ecclesiastes 3:19). It's the same thing that happens to both the human and animal's spirit. Also, like when the invisible electricity (Spirit) that powers our appliances(body) goes off.
First, let's not start with Hebrew unless it's your field.
Secondly how come Moses visited Jesus Christ on the Mount of transfiguration.
Thirdly how come the gospel is taught to the dead 1peter 4.6
Let's get something clear, it's the body that dies not the spirit.

James 2:26
26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
haddeylium:

again, Ecclesiastes 3.19 Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath[a]; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless.

This does not compare our spirit to animals,
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by haddeylium(m): 9:56pm On Nov 29, 2021
tctrills:

First, let's not start with Hebrew unless it's your field
Like the borean, do your research.
Secondly how come Moses visited Jesus Christ on the Mount of transfiguration.
On the way down the mountain Jesus said it was a vision, and later he said no man had ascended to heaven. I'm sure you know what a vision is right?

Moses is still in the memorial tombs awaiting a resurrection. . Jesus taught his Disciples that the dead would rise in the last days. (John 11:21)

The Moses in that vision is not the person Moses. Moses in this vision represents the Law and Elijah represented the Prophets in the vision. The Law and the Prophets pointed to the Christ.

Thirdly how come the gospel is taught to the dead 1peter 4.6
Let's get something clear, it's the body that dies not the spirit.

You need deligent and extensive study of God's word.
Here, Peter is writing these words to a very much alive Christian audience in the first century and his subject is about those who are spiritually dead from God’s standpoint. There is absolutely nothing in this scripture or any other that says the dead that Peter refers to as being preached to were the immortal spirits of already physically dead persons. No!

you can compare here to a parallel account of
But the one who gives herself to sensual gratification is dead though she is living. - 1 Timothy 5:6 (NWT)

Furthermore, God made you alive, though you were dead in your trespasses and sins,… - Ephesians 2:1 (NWT)

Peter is making statement about spiritually dead living people.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by haddeylium(m): 10:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
tctrills:

again, Ecclesiastes 3.19 Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath[a]; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless.

This does not compare our spirit to animals,

I said, do your research. You said; you don't speak Hebrew. There are bible aids on the internet that can help with this.
The Hebrew word pneuma was translated to Spirit in English means Breath/blow of breath.
Bible translators use either breath or spirit based on their discretion.

Byington
Ecclesiastes 3:19
1 as this one dies, so does that one, and everything has one spirit, and man has no superiority over cattle because everything is nonsense.

American Standard Version
19For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; and man hath no preeminence above the beasts: for all is vanity.
Rotherham

19For as regardeth the destiny of the sons of men and the destiny of beasts one fate have they, as dieth the one so dieth the other, and one spirit have they all,—and the pre-eminence of man over beast is nothing, for all were vanity:
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 10:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
haddeylium:

Like the borean, do your research.

On the way down the mountain Jesus said it was a vision, and later he said no man had ascended to heaven. I'm sure you know what a vision is right?

Moses is still in the memorial tombs awaiting a resurrection. . Jesus taught his Disciples that the dead would rise in the last days. (John 11:21)

The Moses in that vision is not the person Moses. Moses in this vision represents the Law and Elijah represented the Prophets in the vision. The Law and the Prophets pointed to the Christ.

You need deligent and extensive study of God's word.
Here, Peter is writing these words to a very much alive Christian audience in the first century and his subject is about those who are spiritually dead from God’s standpoint. There is absolutely nothing in this scripture or any other that says the dead that Peter refers to as being preached to were the immortal spirits of already physically dead persons. No!

you can compare here to a parallel account of
But the one who gives herself to sensual gratification is dead though she is living. - 1 Timothy 5:6 (NWT)

Furthermore, God made you alive, though you were dead in your trespasses and sins,… - Ephesians 2:1 (NWT)

Peter is making statement about spiritually dead living people.
A vision is not a representation of falsehood. And you are right Moses was not resurrected by then Yet the apostles saw him minister to Jesus.
1 Timothy 5:6 and Ephesians 2:1 talk about spiritual death. But if you began you reading of 1 peter from chapter 3, You would learn that It was talking about physical death.
1 Peter 3.18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

1 peter 4.5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
It's clear from verse 5 that Peter was talking of the physically dead. In chapter 3 Christ went to preach repentance to those who died from the flood.
Let's read some more scripture that teaches us about the dead.
John 5.25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
John 5. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
Note verse 25 says those that hear shall live but verse 28 throws more light. It says "all that are in the graves shall hear his voice"
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 10:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
haddeylium:

I said, do your research. You said; you don't speak Hebrew. There are bible aids on the internet that can help with this.
The Hebrew word pneuma was translated to Spirit in English means Breath/blow of breath.

Byington
1 as this one dies, so does that one, and everything has one spirit, and man has no superiority over cattle because everything is nonsense.

19For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; and man hath no preeminence above the beasts: for all is vanity.
Rotherham

19For as regardeth the destiny of the sons of men and the destiny of beasts one fate have they, as dieth the one so dieth the other, and one spirit have they all,—and the pre-eminence of man over beast is nothing, for all were vanity:
I have had so much Hebrew argument and it's not necessary especially since neither of us is Hebrew. Many times, academic scholars don't agree when it comes to ancient Hebrew.
If all scholars agreed on ancient Hebrew, we would have just one bible translation. But unfortunately, they don't so I am uncomfortable having Hebrew arguments since I know very little about it and the scholars don't agree.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 10:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
haddeylium:

Byington

Rotherham

Note again, man is created in the Image of God. When Christ died, his spirit lived on. He went to preach the gosple to other spirits.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
haddeylium:

Byington

Rotherham

To understand the spirit of man is an intelligent and conscious spirit, let me give you a list of verses to learn from.

Proverbs 20:27
The spirit of man is the lamp of the Lord, searching all his innermost parts.

Romans 8:16
The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Zechariah 12:1
The burden of the word of the Lord concerning Israel: Thus declares the Lord, who stretched out the heavens and founded the earth and formed the spirit of man within him:

1 Corinthians 2:11
For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

Romans 8:10
But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Acts 7:59

And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”

From these verses, we learn that the spirit of man is active and intelligent. We also learn that the spirit remains alive after the death of the body. The spirit does not die. Furthermore, God communicates to us through our spirits. WE ARE CHILDREN OF GOD BECAUSE HE IS THE FATHER OF OUR SPIRITS. jUST LIKE A CHILD IS FORMED WITHIN ITS MOTHER, OUR SPIRITS WERE FORMED WITHIN GOD.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 11:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

That's where the understanding is!

The unjust are people who don't know God's standard but lived by what their conscience tolerate. For instance people do commit adultery and fornication in times past but don't know about the God of Israel who abhors such things. People do worship idols in times past but don't know it's wrong yet they lived by conscience. So from God's standpoint they are unrighteous but since they allow their conscience to guide them then God will give them a second chance to know Him.
The righteous are people who knew God's standard and lived by it like Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses and many others that's why Paul listed their names for us to know those God declared righteous not because they knew Jesus Christ but due to their loyalty towards God's standard that they knew during their lifetime! Hebrews 11:4-32

As for all those destroyed by God Himself they passed directly to everlasting death!

So only the good are awaiting resurrection in God's memory no evildoer will be remembered. I keep quoting this verse but it's like you just chose to ignore it:

The wicked will retreat toward the Grave, All the nations who forget God. NWT

The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God. KJV

The wicked go down to the realm of the dead, all the nations that forget God. NIV

Psalms 9:17

Can you explain what God's word is saying here? We all know that all sinners will die due to Adamic sin {Romans 5:12} and ever since everyone both good and evil are dying, and they are still in their graves until now.
So what is the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of this particular verse? smiley

I just came across this verse tonight.
Matthew 8.11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
If there is no resurrection for the wicked, who are those that would be cast into outer darkness. The dead do not weep or gnash their teeth.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
TenQ:

There's none. It's the same thing.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:33am On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

I just came across this verse tonight.
Matthew 8.11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
If there is no resurrection for the wicked, who are those that would be cast into outer darkness. The dead do not weep or gnash their teeth.

When you hear people talk about Jehovah's Witnesses and our beliefs so much, what exactly do you think makes those people keep thinking about us as if there's no other group claiming Christians on this earth with unique teachings? smiley

Well i have decided to let you be since you said it's not important to you whether you find a group whose teachings is WORKING out what Jesus said, but for the reason that you still came back to me i'll oblige to your question.

Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are the symbol of God's blessings to the Israelites so any time someone mention their names an Israelite knows that such a person is talking about the blessings God has in stock for faithful people.

God's Kingdom blessings will be on this earth so Abraham, Isaac and Jacob certainly are expected to be part of the beneficiaries. But when Jesus talks about sitting down with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in God's Kingdom he is not talking about those three in person rather he's referring to the opportunity their descendants will have in being co-rulers in God's Kingdom. God told Abraham that by means of him all the nations of the earth will be blessed {Genesis 12:3} Abraham had 8 sons but God passed the blessings to Isaac, Isaac also had 2 sons, the first born Esau supposed to inherit that blessing but because he doesn't cherish the heritage Jacob his twin brother took it from him. That's how the Israelites {Jacob's descendants} became God's blessed people. God promised that during the endtime anyone who wants to be blessed throughout the earth must connect Him through the lineage of Jacob! Zechariah 8:23

But the Jews (Jesus' own race) rejected Jesus as the promised seed {Genesis 3:15} that's coming to save the world, that's why God will select people from different races to complete the number of co-rulers that's going to reign with Christ {John 1:11-12} so when this is done there will be jealousy on the part of Jews who rejected Jesus' credentials as their promised Messiah and they will be gnashing their teeth at the arrangement, then God will reject their nation and they will weep when their suffering begin but nobody will rescue them.
So Jesus is telling them here that the blessings God promised them as bonafide heirs to the throne will be given to people from other nations {Matthew 22:1-13} while they will die and be forgotten in their graves that is where their gnashing of teeth and hypocritical weeping after their rebellion will land them! Matthew 8:11-12

All these are sacred secrets of God's Kingdom so only those who first accept the elementary teachings of the truth can grasp all these things. Whoever feels he don't need the elementary teachings will be confused when he gets to this solid spiritual food. That's why we are imploring people to learn the first things they need to know about God's kingdom instead of wrapping everything up thinking they're going to heaven with Jesus.

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by NNTR: 5:56am On Nov 30, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
The spirit of a man is his soul, so it depends on what how he lived his life while on Earth. If for God and according to His Word, then he would preserve his spirit for eternal life. But if for the world and worked iniquity, he would lose his soul in eternal damnation.God bless.
Wrong on all fronts

TenQ:
Absolutely biblically correct

jesusjnr2020:
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword,
piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit,
and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

For the word of God is living and active and full of power [making it operative, energizing, and effective].
It is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating as far as the division of the soul and spirit [the completeness of a person],
and of both joints and marrow [the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and judging the very thoughts and intentions of the heart.

In your eyes, there is none, but how far from the truth you are.

I doubt you've ever heard or read anything like, 'the spirit that sins it shall die', but I am sure you certainly have heard it correctly said that 'The soul who sins is the one who will die'

Your spirit man, is as just like the Holy Spirit, you are positively influenced by it when it connects to the Holy Spirit frequency to link to the God channel transmission.

You become negatively influenced by your carnal man otherwise known as body or flesh, when it doesnt hook up with your spirit or spirit man, so to connect to the Holy Spirit frequency that links to the God channel transmission.

Your soul, serves as a gateway receptor, or if you like, serves as an opening between your your spirt man and body, where the body, is also known as carnality, flesh or carnal man.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:05am On Nov 30, 2021
NNTR:

Wrong on all fronts

Absolutely biblically correct

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword,
piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit,
and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

For the word of God is living and active and full of power [making it operative, energizing, and effective].
It is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating as far as the division of the soul and spirit [the completeness of a person],
and of both joints and marrow [the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and judging the very thoughts and intentions of the heart.

In your eyes there is none, but how far from the truth you are.

I doubt you've ever heard or read anything like, the spirit that sins it shall die, but I am sure you certainly have heard it correctly said that 'The soul who sins is the one who will die'

Your spirit man is as just like the Holy Spirit, you are positively influenced by it when it connects to the Holy Spirit frequency to link to the God channel transmission.

You are negatively influenced by your carnal man otherwise known as flesh when it doesnt hook up with your spirit so to connect to the Holy Spirit frequency that links to the God channel transmission.

Your soul, serves as a gateway receptor, or if you like, serves as an opening between your your spirt man and body, where the body, is also known as carnality, flesh or carnal man.

All these nah STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!

God's word says:

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the SOUL that sinneth, IT SHALL DIE. Ezekiel 18:4 KJV

God's word emphatically said SOUL will die, please ask the Pastors to quote or cite a verse that says "SPIRIT will die" o! undecided
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by NNTR: 6:13am On Nov 30, 2021
NNTR:

I doubt you've ever heard or read anything like, 'the spirit that sins it shall die', but I am sure you certainly have heard it correctly said that 'The soul who sins is the one who will die'

Your spirit man, is as just like the Holy Spirit, you are positively influenced by it when it connects to the Holy Spirit frequency to link to the God channel transmission.

You become negatively influenced by your carnal man otherwise known as body or flesh, when it doesnt hook up with your spirit or spirit man, so to connect to the Holy Spirit frequency that links to the God channel transmission.

MaxInDHouse:
All these nah STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!

God's word says:

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the SOUL that sinneth, IT SHALL DIE. Ezekiel 18:4 KJV

God's word emphatically said SOUL will die, please ask the Pastors to quote or cite a verse that says "SPIRIT will die" o! undecided
Though you saw how I already procured Hebrews 4:12, and shared it as evidence, thank you, all the same, for further cementing my point for me with your contribution

It is an incontrovertible fact that there is a distinction between the soul and the spirit

Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:31am On Nov 30, 2021
NNTR:

Though you saw how I already procured Hebrews 4:12, and shared it as evidence, thank you, all the same, for further cementing my point for me with your contribution
It is an incontrovertible fact that there is a distinction between the soul and the spirit

SOUL means the character while SPIRIT means the energy (breath of life) actuating the BODY.

So when the energy (SPIRIT/breath of life) leaves the body, that power returns to God who gave it {Ecclesiastes 12:7 compare to Genesis 2:7} then the BODY becomes lifeless but the SOUL (character) is in God's memory {Revelations 20:15} if he/she proves to be faithful. But if it's a wicked SOUL (character) God will not remember such a person {Psalms 9:17} so it's like such a person died both BODY and SOUL! Matthew 10:28
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 6:56am On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

When you hear people talk about Jehovah's Witnesses and our beliefs so much, what exactly do you think makes those people keep thinking about us as if there's no other group claiming Christians on this earth with unique teachings? smiley

Well i have decided to let you be since you said it's not important to you whether you find a group whose teachings is WORKING out what Jesus said, but for the reason that you still came back to me i'll oblige to your question.

Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are the symbol of God's blessings to the Israelites so any time someone mention their names an Israelite knows that such a person is talking about the blessings God has in stock for faithful people.

God's Kingdom blessings will be on this earth so Abraham, Isaac and Jacob certainly are expected to be part of the beneficiaries. But when Jesus talks about sitting down with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in God's Kingdom he is not talking about those three in person rather he's referring to the opportunity their descendants will have in being co-rulers in God's Kingdom. God told Abraham that by means of him all the nations of the earth will be blessed {Genesis 12:3} Abraham had 8 sons but God passed the blessings to Isaac, Isaac also had 2 sons, the first born Esau supposed to inherit that blessing but because he doesn't cherish the heritage Jacob his twin brother took it from him. That's how the Israelites {Jacob's descendants} became God's blessed people. God promised that during the endtime anyone who wants to be blessed throughout the earth must connect Him through the lineage of Jacob! Zechariah 8:23

But the Jews (Jesus' own race) rejected Jesus as the promised seed {Genesis 3:15} that's coming to save the world, that's why God will select people from different races to complete the number of co-rulers that's going to reign with Christ {John 1:11-12} so when this is done there will be jealousy on the part of Jews who rejected Jesus' credentials as their promised Messiah and they will be gnashing their teeth at the arrangement, then God will reject their nation and they will weep when their suffering begin but nobody will rescue them.
So Jesus is telling them here that the blessings God promised them as bonafide heirs to the throne will be given to people from other nations {Matthew 22:1-13} while they will die and be forgotten in their graves that is where their gnashing of teeth and hypocritical weeping after their rebellion will land them! Matthew 8:11-12

All these are sacred secrets of God's Kingdom so only those who first accept the elementary teachings of the truth can grasp all these things. Whoever feels he don't need the elementary teachings will be confused when he gets to this solid spiritual food. That's why we are imploring people to learn the first things they need to know about God's kingdom instead of wrapping everything up thinking they're going to heaven with Jesus.

It's dishonest of you to misquote me. We both know that I never said I am not interested in a group whose teachings are in line with Christ. I have always used the bible and the doctrines of Christ as the basis of my discussions with you. So it's unfair of you to make such a statement. I expected better from you.
I only said I am not looking for a group that picks a few verses in the bible to suit their belief system while neglecting or explaining away the rest of the Bible.
For example if the foundation of your beliefs is not taking part in politics but then you deny many clear teaching's in the scriptures or you add Strange doctrines that are not scriptural, for example saying that angels come around to sleep with girls.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 7:07am On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I am not sure you read the verse. You said "that is where their gnashing of teeth and hypocritical weeping after their rebellion will land them"[color=#770077][/color]

but the bible taught that they would be sent to a place where there would be gnashing of teeth and weeping not where there ghashing and weeping would land them. Please go and read the verse.

11 And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 7:15am On Nov 30, 2021
NNTR:

The scriptures clearly teach that the soul and body are not the same.
Matthew 10.28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by TenQ: 7:26am On Nov 30, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

Heb 4:12:
"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

1 Cor 15:45:
"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul ; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit."

1 Thes 5:23:
"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Only JW's don't respect the scriptures!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why So Many People Die This Year? / The Human Spirit (illustrated) / The Bread Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.