Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. (33052 Views)

What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House / Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) / Man In Suit Climbs Moving Tanker Steps As Means Of Transportation (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by techWriter1: 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2021
You bask joyride bikes from kubwa to wuse 2 every afternoon to labors.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by SarkinYarki: 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2021
Commentor:

I heat you.

Don't worry I no dey go beg your oga for work for Bourdillon ..na only pass I dey pass cheesy...
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Toks007: 2:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
I don't get the comparison with Europe on some issues especially in this case where we don't even have infrastructure in place for it That Europe has like good roads, cycling lanes, parks to cycle in etc.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by bilulu(m): 2:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:

Why is accident not to much in Europe It's actually a faster and better means of transportation... And yeah I think okada should be ban In major cities like Lagos but Nigerians are stubborn and won't listen
bicycles have their lanes, where such lanes don't exist, the road is shared. The rule is, pedestrians re the king of the road followed by cyclists before bikers and cars but in Nigeria the reverse is the case. nobody go gree yield for a cyclist to pass but thats how it happens elsewhere
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by OkuFaba(m): 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2021
[sup][/sup]
SarkinYarki:
I ride when I can in my area but I don't go outside phase one ever except I spill to Bourdillon and make sure I turn at french embassy
you for kuku reach falomo, follow civic towers side slide back to phase 1
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Toks007: 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2021
Muhammadjamil:
They have good roads, one don't need to sweat before reaching his destination.

............and they have 24/7 power to charge their electric bicycles as well.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by uuzba(m): 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:
Bicycles are seen as an essential means of transportation in most European countries and Asian countries and some few countries in America and Africa,not that they don't have cars but they see it as a faster means of moving within the city..But still don't understand why people here don't adapt the method... Here in Nigeria if you ride bicycle on major roads people just keep staring at you because they don't see it as common thing. Some even see it as a sign of poverty, everyone wanna drive exotic cars so they can get noticed...

What people don't Know is that bicycle is actually a faster means of transportation to move within a city rather than waiting all day long in your car stucked in traffic. A journey you Would spend 2hrs With your car stucked in traffic you would spend less than an hour with a bicycle..

I strongly think Nigerians should adopt this method most especially in Lagos.. fancy cars is not everything.. bicycle saves time and it's cheaper to afford..if we adopt this method I can tell you traffic would drastically reduce in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole
It's not too fashionable because you will be sweating by the time you get to your destination.
By some deem fate, I live 4 Km from my place of work. I cycled there 2 times at 6am in the morning before sun rise. And I was still sweating when I arrived. I had to use sports wear to cycle, then bathe and change in the office bathroom and use perfume and deodorant before I was presentable enough in the office. Imagine people who live further than 4 km. In fact, apart from my boss who is a white man, all the other employees in our office live more than 30Km from the office (Vi to Ajah is roughly 25 km). Nobody can cycle that distance before work in the morning. Other parts of Lagos might not even have good roads.
For exercise, I do ride daily, 10, 20 km. But not to the office. The stress of changing and bathing and perfuming before work is too much.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Commentor: 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2021
SarkinYarki:

Don't worry I no dey go beg your oga for work for Bourdillon ..na only pass I dey pass cheesy...

If you beg you go tell us?
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by RichAbujaGuy: 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2021
There are too many unlicensed, uncouth, untrained, undisciplined, mumu drivers on the roads of Naija. Maybe in 50 or 100 years from now.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by neyoohhh: 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2021
Bike infrastructure needed first for safety
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Calitoscassius(m): 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:

Why is accident not to much in Europe It's actually a faster and better means of transportation... And yeah I think okada should be ban In major cities like Lagos but Nigerians are stubborn and won't listen
Don't mind dem.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by caprini1: 2:30pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:

We dont have the suitable weather conditions,its cooler in Europe, except there would be bathroom break in the morning before work resumes.The sweats from bicycle rides is massive.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by placeofallure(f): 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:

In Europe, they create its own lane separately. When my big sis first went to Netherlands, she said there's a common place where everyone parks their bicycles, walk across or along the road to their offices, then go pick them at the close of work. It's funny but it's economical.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by babtoundey(m): 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2021
Here in Ibadan, it is going to be a suicidal mission. The roads are narrow and bad, the drivers plying it are mad. It takes God's grace for commuters to move from point A to B without getting knocked down by braindead danfo drivers and bikers.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by treatise: 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2021
Do we have designated roads for bicycles ? Aside the movement from place to place, cycling is good for our health.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by 1Sharon(f): 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2021
OkuFaba:
Riding from mainland to island everyday and back to the mainland.

Our ladies would have yam legs before 25 that is if those kurupe (tiny bus) drivers don't kill them before getting to their destination

Riding a bike doesn't cause yam legs! It makes your legs toned
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by fijihems: 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2021
Maybe as things unfold in the country called Nigeria, we could be heading to that stage as the means of transportation for the commoners. While our so called elites and political class fly in their private jets.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Calitoscassius(m): 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2021
Nigerians will laugh at you and say you are poor that is why you are ridding bicycle, grin

I remember one time i was riding a bicycle in nigeria during one of my visits, some people where asking me you are from the UK why are you riding bicycle? I thought what is wrong with a bicycle? undecided they ask me, you don't have money for a car? then i even had a Benz SUV 2018 4matic parked in the village in my father's house.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Calitoscassius(m): 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
1Sharon:

Riding a bike doesn't cause yam legs! It makes your legs toned
grin grin what da hell is a yam leg? undecided i ride bicycle everyday to work. My legs are still the same it hasn't turned to yam?
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by 1Sharon(f): 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
Calitoscassius:
grin grin what da hell is a yam leg? undecided i ride bicycle everyday to work. My legs are still the same it hasn't turned to yam?

You should ask the person I quoted
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by BOUNTYDOG(m): 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
U must have provided lanes for cycling or wheel chairs to achieve it,meanwhile the cycling will be limited to the neighbourhood
Not like going from Ikeja to ojuelegba
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Calitoscassius(m): 2:39pm On Sep 19, 2021
1Sharon:

You should ask the person I quoted
okay lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by MansoryMX(m): 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:
Bicycles are seen as an essential means of transportation in most European countries and Asian countries and some few countries in America and Africa,not that they don't have cars but they see it as a faster means of moving within the city..But still don't understand why people here don't adapt the method... Here in Nigeria if you ride bicycle on major roads people just keep staring at you because they don't see it as common thing. Some even see it as a sign of poverty, everyone wanna drive exotic cars so they can get noticed...

What people don't Know is that bicycle is actually a faster means of transportation to move within a city rather than waiting all day long in your car stucked in traffic. A journey you Would spend 2hrs With your car stucked in traffic you would spend less than an hour with a bicycle..

I strongly think Nigerians should adopt this method most especially in Lagos.. fancy cars is not everything.. bicycle saves time and it's cheaper to afford..if we adopt this method I can tell you traffic would drastically reduce in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole

I just want to ask you just one question. Do we have security in this country that you want us to adopt cycling as means of transportation? Abi you want area touts to stab out your intestines as you go out to hustle your daily bread early morning?
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by SarkinYarki: 2:45pm On Sep 19, 2021
OkuFaba:
[sup][/sup] you for kuku reach falomo, follow civic towers side slide back to phase 1

You want all those Sandfill busses to kpai me ko? cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Rexnegro(m): 2:47pm On Sep 19, 2021
Kingpin1000:
Bro I love this idea because, it will help economically during this harsh Buhari economy, also these days that we no longer think of exercises, it will help burn those extra fat an keep fit, reduce the emission of green house gases and other benefits.

Bro after I took puff outta my blunt.. my eyes was open to see the kind of discomfort it will cause.
Mehn, just imagine the kind thick sweat that will be coming out of your body, you will be restless the whole day.. if your office no get a.c na die be that one. The climate condition of the west and Europe is different from the Sahara region, the sun here na die, who else noticed the sun became hotter when Buhari took over.
I no ride bicycle abeg
Lol ��� funny u bro

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Yoighaman(m): 2:48pm On Sep 19, 2021
There are health benefits to cycling but it works best in the west because of their weather and infrastructure. It's not practicable in Nigeria considering the hot sun, bad roads and unchecked crime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by flexyrule(m): 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2021
xpressionx:
You wan ride bicycle from kubwa to wuse 2 every morning to work.
What of those that live and work in Wuse 2?

I know of one guy that always ride a bike to and from work. He lives in Garki and works in Central Area.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by NNTR: 2:51pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:

The below is how Old Carter Bridge Lagos used to look like in 1963.

Carter Bridge is one of the two links to the island before the building of 3rd Mainland bridge. The Carter Bridge was built in 1901 and was one of three bridges connecting Lagos Island to the Mainland. The other two bridges are the Third Mainland and Eko bridges.

It's unbelievable, seeing motorists, cyclists and pedestrians orderly crossing a bridge in Lagos, Nigeria, like this. Right?

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Munzy14(m): 2:51pm On Sep 19, 2021
Kingpin1000:
Bro I love this idea because, it will help economically during this harsh Buhari economy, also these days that we no longer think of exercises, it will help burn those extra fat an keep fit, reduce the emission of green house gases and other benefits.

Bro after I took puff outta my blunt.. my eyes was open to see the kind of discomfort it will cause.
Mehn, just imagine the kind thick sweat that will be coming out of your body, you will be restless the whole day.. if your office no get a.c na die be that one. The climate condition of the west and Europe is different from the Sahara region, the sun here na die, who else noticed the sun became hotter when Buhari took over.
I no ride bicycle abeg

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by uniquetechng: 2:54pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:

Europe has wider roads with space for bikes provided unlike what we have here.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Franking: 3:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
On which road? Our roads are mostly deathtraps besides with the lack of discipline on our roads and everywhere else motorists will be finishing them.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Alexpetra: 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:

To reduce traffic from the road, the Best a country can do is Train Transportation, that alone will reduce the amount of cars in our roads, then we talked about what cheaper transportation can be use to reach where the train can't get to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How My RIDA Driver Tried To Kidnap Me - Twitter User / International Airlines Move Into PH Airport (photos) / Lady In Tears As Bolt Driver Kicks Her Out Over Her Accent (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.