Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board (13198 Views)

Buhari Appoints Board & Management Of NNPC Limited, Drops Ararume / Thomas John Appointed As Chairman Of NNPC By President Buhari / NSITF: Buhari Appoints Board Members Of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 19, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the incorporation of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited, the State House has announced.

A statement on Sunday issued by Special Adviser to the President (Media and Publicity), Femi Adesina, said the president gave the order in his capacity as Minister of Petroleum.

“This is in consonance with Section 53(1) of the Petroleum Industry Act 2021, which requires the Minister of Petroleum Resources to cause for the incorporation of the NNPC Limited within six months of commencement of the Act in consultation with the Minister of Finance on the nominal shares of the Company,” the statement said.

The statement said the Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Mr Mele Kolo Kyari, had been directed to take necessary steps to ensure that the incorporation of the NNPC Limited is consistent with the provisions of the PIA 2021.

President Buhari has also approved the appointment of the Board and Management of the NNPC Limited, with effect from the date of incorporation of the company.

The President named Senator Ifeanyi Ararume aa Chairman of the Board while Mele Kolo Kyari and Umar I. Ajiya were appointed as Chief Executive Officer, and Chief Financial Officer, respectively.

Other Board Members are; Dr Tajudeen Umar (North East), Mrs Lami O. Ahmed (North Central), Mallam Mohammed Lawal (North West), Senator Margaret Chuba Okadigbo (South East), Barrister Constance Harry Marshal (South South), and Chief Pius Akinyelure (South West).

SOURCE

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by festacman(m): 3:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
Looking at the names of the chairman and members of this new NNPC Board, one can only say, what a board!

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by chinjo(m): 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2021
Whether it is incorporated or not one thing I am sure of is that, it will still lead to sorror and tears on Nigerians because this present administration derives pleasure in making Nigerians cry.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by seunmsg(m): 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2021
Good development and congratulations to Senator Ifeanyi Ararume from Imo state. I guess this is a direct benefit of Hope Uzodinma’s relationship with the president.

Hopefully, the new NNPC will continue on the part of profitability now that it has been fully commercialized. All the moribund refineries should be privatized immediately for more effective usage.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
This is in consonance with Section 53(1) of the Petroleum Industry Act 2021, which requires the Minister of Petroleum Resources to cause for the incorporation of the NNPC Limited within six months of commencement of the Act in consultation with the Minister of Finance on the nominal shares of the Company,
Anything to lift this nation forward is what we will continue to fight hard for @[/color].

NIGERIA will be great in our lifetime, whether the evil and wicked one like it or not.

GOD BLESS [color=#006600]NIGERIA.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
seunmsg:
Good development and congratulations to Senator Ifeanyi Ararume from Imo state. I guess this is a direct benefit of Hope Uzodinma’s relationship with the president.
Anything to move our darling nation forward all around is all we are after @[/color].
God bless [color=#006600]Nigeria

SEGLIZ:
nice move.
sis I sight you, how the go is going on your side?
Everything going good and fine Chief SEGLIZ.
Long time
Good to hear from you bro.
Have a blessed Week ahead.
The week will end in praise.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by Crowwejihadist: 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
Bubu please disband this NNPC they are useless just like you

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by Dozis: 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
Still same old shit
Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by SEGLIZ: 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
nice move.

post=105970181]
Very Very Good move[/quote]
sis I sight you, how the go is going on your side?

[quote author=chinjo
:
Whether it is incorporated or not one thing I am sure of is that, it will still lead to sorror and tears on Nigerians because this present administration derives pleasure in making Nigerians cry.
are you naturally like this a pessimist and negative minded or you are not just filling too good today?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
cheesy
Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
SEGLIZ:
nice move.
Very Very Good move

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by Ademola47(m): 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
I hope they will perform better now.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by aumusa: 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
grin
Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
chinjo:
If that is the only thing you wish for yourself in all these, then Goodluck to you,
Fortunately for the sane, honest and hardworking Nairalanders : there is nothing they can do about whatever your wish for yourself is.
Live with it Chinjo.

Okoroawusa:

You see someone that his name is Chi njo and you want him to be happy?

Na wa for you o!
Lol cheesy
May God put a smile to his face in this new week ooo

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by irodam3: 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2021
Base on Nigeria logic, if you are close to a board member, you are close to getting a job

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by Geeman2006: 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ararume chopping government steady.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by Sonnobax15(m): 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by YorubaKinging: 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2021
The end is near

Nobody fears the man in Aso Rock anymore

He's just an imposter and some top Politicians knows this

The real BUHARI will never agree to take a picture with FFK

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by maskid(m): 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ararume!!!!! Wtf
Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by AmuEbule: 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2021
shocked
Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by money121(m): 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2021
Yimu
Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by FreeStuffsNG: 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2021
At last!! So a day that NNPC will run like its peers in other countries can come shocked
God bless President Muhammadu Buhari . Next agenda should be to list the shares of each of its subsidiaries on the stock exchange.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by Racoon(m): 3:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
Mele Kolo Kyari and Umar I. Ajiya were appointed as Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer respectively.
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by okeyumez(m): 3:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
Nigerians complain alot. In everything PMB does they must complain. The followers are the worst hypocrites. Most times we talk as if we are perfect. Many of us here occupying leadership positions in private sectors are potential criminals. We cheat our employees, divert company monies and manipulate the system. Yet we come here and pretend to be good even my brothers from south east are the worst critics with with I too Sabi mentality. Yet no wisdom except garagara and arrogance.
We all are part of the problem. If PMB appoint anyone of us as his aide today, all the criticism will end.
I wish senator Ararume well. Long live Imo state

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by gentiles(m): 3:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
They apply federal character for NNPC appointment, but appointment for FCT is strictly northerners, you hardly see southerners on the board.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by apkstric: 3:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
Okay
Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by Okoroawusa: 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2021
I Love PMB

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Incorporation Of NNPC, Appoints Board by PussyKing(m): 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2021
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo Governor, Akeredolu Dissolves His Cabinet / NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel / Tribunal Upholds Gbajabiamila’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.