Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886591 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 1:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
Cindino20:

No...If u ve A level, OND transcript or a year transcript from a University in Nigeria..bur if u don't ve @least one of d above mentioned,just ssce u must do studentkollege( foundation course) cos SSCE is nt equivalent to the German Arbitur or so....

I stand to be corrected

You are on point bro. I have made so many findings and research on this issue, but the conclusion is all what you have said.No more , no less
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 1:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
Some peeps are getting over excited about this german movement, please slow it down people....it kinda tells us all the age range you might be..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 1:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
princeolu254:

EVEN THOUGH THEY DONT NEED GERMAN FOR STUDY IT IS OBVIOUS GOING TO GERMANY NOT HAVING ANY IDEA ABOUT THE LANGUAGE...KNOWING TOO WELL THAT 80% OF THEIR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT..............BETTER ADVICE THEM TO LEARN THE LANGUAGE THAN GIVE THEM HOPE WHEN THE REALITY THERE IS DIFFERENT................
. So in summary your saying one can't survive without knowing the language ??
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Cindino20(m): 1:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
honourableseyi: Please house, is it possible for international students to buy things in Germany and ship it to Nigeria legally? like used cars, Computers, copiers and laptops . Wouldn't they see it as starting a personal business?

Patiently waiting for favourable answers....**grabs pop corn as I click on ma refresh button every minute wink**
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 2:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
wonderbobs: . So in summary your saying one can't survive without knowing the language ??

YOUR CHANCE OF SURVIVAL WITHOUT THE LANGUAGE IS SLIM BRO...I NOTICE IN THIS THREAD PEOPLE LIKE IGNORING THE LANGUAGE ASPECT...BUT ITS ONE IMPORTANT TOOL OF SURVIVAL IN GERMANY...ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO HAVE INTENTION OF WORKING........ITS NOT A GENERAL ADVICE BUT IF ONE WANT TO FIND LIVING CONVENIENT BETTER LEARN THE LANGUAGE BECAUSE IT BRING OPPORTUNITIES.....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Cindino20(m): 2:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
honourableseyi:

You are on point bro. I have made so many findings and research on this issue, but the conclusion is all what you have said.No more , no less

Thanks....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Cindino20(m): 2:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
princeolu254:

YOU CHANCE OF SURVIVAL WITHOUT THE LANGUAGE IS SLIM BRO...I NOTICE IN THIS THREAD PEOPLE LIKE IGNORING THE LANGUAGE ASPECT...BUT ITS ONE IMPORTANT TOOL OF SURVIVAL IN GERMANY...ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO HAVE INTENTION OF WORKING........ITS NOT A GENERAL ADVICE BUT IF ONE WANT TO FIND LIVING CONVENIENT BETTER LEARN THE LANGUAGE BECAUSE IT BRING OPPORTUNITIES.....

Typing in caps lock is against rule 11....and. I don't think there chance of survival is slim...u making it sound as if their life depends on it...It is. good to learn the language no doubt...bur it is not compulsory if your course is in English...bur required for everyday life...lets get d fact the way they re...no distortion pls
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
princeolu254:

YOUR CHANCE OF SURVIVAL WITHOUT THE LANGUAGE IS SLIM BRO...I NOTICE IN THIS THREAD PEOPLE LIKE IGNORING THE LANGUAGE ASPECT...BUT ITS ONE IMPORTANT TOOL OF SURVIVAL IN GERMANY...ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO HAVE INTENTION OF WORKING........ITS NOT A GENERAL ADVICE BUT IF ONE WANT TO FIND LIVING CONVENIENT BETTER LEARN THE LANGUAGE BECAUSE IT BRING OPPORTUNITIES.....
. And there's no possibility of learning it there ?? And everyone that went to germany and has survived many years before we are doing now learnt it before they went o germany ?? My brother please stop all this info your giving out, its not like you've stepped foot on there soil to give out this kinda info, please leave it to tope, godson and the rest fellows that are over there to advice on that...PLEASE
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 2:08pm On Nov 05, 2013
@princeolu,

I think u should adhere to rule num 11 (capital letters/use of large fonts).. Justwise has indicated it in d previous page.. We all can read and understand what u post without using large fonts...
No offence intended plzz..

Peace!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 2:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
wonderbobs: . And there's no possibility of learning it there ?? And everyone that went to germany and has survived many years before we are doing now learnt it before they went o germany ?? My brother please stop all this info your giving out, its not like you've stepped foot on there soil to give out this kinda info, please leave it to tope, godson and the rest fellows that are over there to advice on that...PLEASE

i never said you cant survive there but learning the language makes it more easy for you..well its not by force my brother..if you no learn hamm here.. you must learn hamm there either way....you will still learn it.....

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 2:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
In as much as I will agreed with princeolu that knowing the Language before jetting out will give you an edge in some areas and aspect of life in Germany, but the truth of the matter is, The embassy don't as for German Language proficiency when the course you are going for is totally taught in English. He could have just put it in form of advice to the prospective students and not as a criteria in securing visa for those that their courses are taught entirely in English. Also, let's assume I got admission to study in Germany with the course fully taught in English, I am also working at the same time to raise money for the block account since not all of us have rich parents or families that can fund our block accounts.or maybe I am living and working at Ikare/Billo/kabba/Akure/Benin and other places that is far from Lagos;knowing fully well that the money for block account will come from the work you are doing, going to Goethe in Lagos might be cumbersome.Even some people that are living in Lagos find it difficult at times to get to Goethe.Under this circumstance, should those people in this shoe forget about studying in Germany because he is unable to learn the language from here? Like my own school, German Language is one of the course curriculum we are going to be doing during first semester;so if i didn't have the opportunity of learning it here and I have the opportunity of learning it during the first semester over there, should I neglect it? It's not as if some people are running from it though;because as an undergraduate student, learning German is inevitable either here or there.But it is easier said than done in terms of time and distance factor.Shalom

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 2:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
honourableseyi: In as much as I will agreed with princeolu that knowing the Language before jetting out will give you an edge in some areas and aspect of life in Germany, but the truth of the matter is, The embassy don't as for German Language proficiency when the course you are going for is totally taught in English. He could have just put it in form of advice to the prospective students and not as a criteria in securing visa for those that their courses are taught entirely in English. Also, let's assume I got admission to study in Germany with the course fully taught in English, I am also working at the same time to raise money for the block account since not all of us have rich parents or families that can fund our block accounts.or maybe I am living and working at Ikare/Billo/kabba/Akure/Benin and other places that is far from Lagos;knowing fully well that the money for block account will come from the work you are doing.Even some people that are living in Lagos find it difficult at times to get to Goethe.Under this circumstance, should those people in this shoe forget about studying in Germany because he is unable to learn the language from here? Like my own school, German Language is one of the course curriculum we are going to be doing during first semester;so if i didn't have the opportunity of learning it here and I have the opportunity of learning it during the first semester over there, should I neglect it? It's not as if some people are running from it though;because as an undergraduate student, learning German is inevitable either here or there.But it is easier said than done in terms of time and distance factor.Shalom

Good u understood what i mean..........most people here are looking for shortcut...but the reality is different
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 2:44pm On Nov 05, 2013
princeolu254:

i never said you cant survive there but learning the language makes it more easy for you..well its not by force my brother..if you no learn hamm here.. you must learn hamm there either way....you will still learn it.....

Good. This will give people hope rather than the previous"BETTER ADVICE THEM TO LEARN THE LANGUAGE THAN GIVE THEM HOPE WHEN THE REALITY THERE IS DIFFERENT" post.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
For those that their program is fully taught in English but want to have German knowledge,you can check this website out, it's very educating in terms of learning German. www.duolingo.com. Just give yourself 2hrs everyday on this website, I believe you will leave the novice club.Danke, bis bald
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Jamoyt001: 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
wonderbobs: Hello people, I promised to tell you guys my story this monday....so here I am, so if you guys remember last I was denied an interview with the embassy, reason being short visa processing time before my deadline, so I went home and wrote my school with little faith to them extending my deadline, I had already started making arrangements to apply next year summer. But alas the next day being tuesday I got a mail from the faculty telling me that I have been given another extension until december 1st, I was marvelled so I immediatelly worte the embassy and the next morning rushed to the embassy, as I was speaking with one of the security men I got a mail on my blackberry checked it and it was another appointment date for today. So I went home and to God be the glory, I am done right now with my interview which I must say went well, the german old lady was pleasant and was smiling with me all the while as she called me a daddys boy grin.. Not knowing that am a kpako pickin, she told me that my application is being forwarded and that I would get a reply from them soon. So this is my waiting period, and I pray my lord that started this good work will complete it.. Amen goodluck to all of us still waiting.. Thanks peeps..

Wooow......dis is Gods favour in action........congrats bro

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by aroyem4u: 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2013
princeolu254:

Good u understood what i mean..........most people here are looking for shortcut...but the reality is different

Bros abeg no vex where u dey? Nigeria or Germany. If u r in Nigeria and u prob avnt even stepped ur foot into Germany before then the info u posted earlier today isn't fair to newbies here. Even if u attend a German language course in Nigeria u might not even be proficient in deutche until u begin to live among Germans. IT IS A BIG LIE IN MY OPINION THAT WITHOUT GERMAN LANGUAGE YOU WON'T GET OPPORTUNITIES HERE. Life is about time and chance. Whether u get opportunities or not all boils down to fate. I only just arrived 2 weeks ago tho and I am studying in eastern germany the so called not so good area but I inform u authoritatively that because of the group of people fate has linked me with here when I am ready I will get jobs to support my studies that I don't need german for. How abt that? Needless to say I even got a graduate assistant job waiting for me already in one of the institutes in my faculty next semester of which I signed precontract today. I only just came 14days ago and d only german I knew the day I came in was guten morgen!!! I met a phd student, a nigerian last week that has been here for 4yrs and my german is better than hers, in her words she doesn't need to learn d lang since she only came to study and return to nigeria. Did she not survive!!! Infact her husband came to join her and she must have really good income for him to have been granted visa. What works for everyone is different. I have taken this time to diffuse your info cos it is misleading. I imagine someone like me stumbling on this very nice thread today and seeing dis and getting discouraged from going to germany. The most important thing is ur intent. If u r really coming to school and intend to find sth to support urself, u will find help by God's grace as long as u r not lazy. Am not saying its not good to learn german. I am learning it to. Bt I haven't been denied any opportunity just yet because I don't know german. Life I repeat is time and chance...

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 6:32pm On Nov 05, 2013
princeolu254:

EVEN THOUGH THEY DONT NEED GERMAN FOR STUDY IT IS OBVIOUS GOING TO GERMANY NOT HAVING ANY IDEA ABOUT THE LANGUAGE...KNOWING TOO WELL THAT 80% OF THEIR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT..............BETTER ADVICE THEM TO LEARN THE LANGUAGE THAN GIVE THEM HOPE WHEN THE REALITY THERE IS DIFFERENT................

Actually if you have time to learn the basic part of the language, then is will be added advantage for you. If your program is fully taught in English, then you don't need English proficiency. The truth is that your English ends in the classroom. After classroom things na strictly German every where, in the bus, train, sign post, work place, hostel, neighbors, street, supermarket, application forms etc. Though some Germans speak English and can help you out.

I didn't say you should speak fluently but try to understand and speak basic ones first. Most schools here will take u extra classes on that. Don't let the language issue bother you but take it as a challenge to learn it when you come here cos the language is more important than English here just as English is more important than German language in Nigeria.

As for me the study work load does not give me time to learn the language the way i wanted coupled with the fact that i only speak English in classroom. I'm even learning faster at work place where I hear people speak it everyday.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 6:39pm On Nov 05, 2013
aroyem4u:

Bros abeg no vex where u dey? Nigeria or Germany. If u r in Nigeria and u prob avnt even stepped ur foot into Germany before then the info u posted earlier today isn't fair to newbies here. Even if u attend a German language course in Nigeria u might not even be proficient in deutche until u begin to live among Germans. IT IS A BIG LIE IN MY OPINION THAT WITHOUT GERMAN LANGUAGE YOU WON'T GET OPPORTUNITIES HERE. Life is about time and chance. Whether u get opportunities or not all boils down to fate. I only just arrived 2 weeks ago tho and I am studying in eastern germany the so called not so good area but I inform u authoritatively that because of the group of people fate has linked me with here when I am ready I will get jobs to support my studies that I don't need german for. How abt that? Needless to say I even got a graduate assistant job waiting for me already in one of the institutes in my faculty next semester of which I signed precontract today. I only just came 14days ago and d only german I knew the day I came in was guten morgen!!! I met a phd student, a nigerian last week that has been here for 4yrs and my german is better than hers, in her words she doesn't need to learn d lang since she only came to study and return to nigeria. Did she not survive!!! Infact her husband came to join her and she must have really good income for him to have been granted visa. What works for everyone is different. I have taken this time to diffuse your info cos it is misleading. I imagine someone like me stumbling on this very nice thread today and seeing dis and getting discouraged from going to germany. The most important thing is ur intent. If u r really coming to school and intend to find sth to support urself, u will find help by God's grace as long as u r not lazy. Am not saying its not good to learn german. I am learning it to. Bt I haven't been denied any opportunity just yet because I don't know german. Life I repeat is time and chance...
. I feel like kissing you right now bro...#NOHOMO ... Well said brother well said, just the point I was trying to make to him, abegiiiii happy for you that you got the graduate assistant job, I plan on getting stuff like that too, makes you closer to your studies at the same time your getting paid..congrats bro, just what I needed to hear smiley
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 6:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
wonderbobs: . I feel like kissing you right now bro...#NOHOMO ... Well said brother well said, just the point I was trying to make to him, abegiiiii happy for you that you got the graduate assistant job, I plan on getting stuff like that too, makes you closer to your studies at the same time your getting paid..congrats bro, just what I needed to hear smiley

I am very happy for you and all the opportunities, am very inspired by that. I think am forgetting very one has a different agenda but my advice is always be prepared because wat worked for u might not work for others....all I know even u urself will need the language am very certain about that even if you try to ignore it now. Nice stay bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 7:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
kelly4top:

Actually if you have time to learn the basic part of the language, then is will be added advantage for you. If your program is fully taught in English, then you don't need English proficiency. The truth is that your English ends in the classroom. After classroom things na strictly German every where, in the bus, train, sign post, work place, hostel, neighbors, street, supermaket etc. Though some Germans speak English and can help you out.

I didn't say you should speak fluently but try to understand and speak basic ones first. Most schools will take u extra classes on that.

Thanks Brother........this language issue don too much.....how are things
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aroyem4u: 7:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
princeolu254:

I am very happy for you and all the opportunities, am very inspired by that. I think am forgetting very one has a different agenda but my advice is always be prepared because wat worked for u might not work for others....all I know even u urself will need the language am very certain about that even if you try to ignore it now. Nice stay bro

Did u read all I wrote at all? I'm learning the lang, intensively too. U only just repeated what I said. Life is abt time and chance, my oga TopeAjis will say luck. What works for everyone is diff. Let's just stay prayerful. The point I tried to make to u is that when u talk, inthis case write, u need to be mindful of the tone. Tho there is a sense in what u said, the tone was discouraging. Please accept humble and learn. No one is perfect we r all learning everyday. Deux

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by uzoexcel(m): 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2013
aroyem4u:

Bros abeg no vex where u dey? Nigeria or Germany. If u r in Nigeria and u prob avnt even stepped ur foot into Germany before. I am learning it to. Bt I haven't been denied any opportunity just yet because I don't know german. Life I repeat is time and chance...
Nice one bro!!!plz if u v d tyme as I knw y'all gonna be busy dz period,drop ur experiences here so educate we 'lowly mortals' wink on d way forward..
Btw I'm thinking about the univs at nuremberg and chemnitz;any info about d aforementioned that u get,plz help drop it here!!!gudluck though in ur studies
Re: German Embassy And Visa by richard4ssky: 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
kelly4top:

Most programs are not opened yet for Summer application. So just wait till November 21st according to the info i got from them cos i have to write uni-assist cos i was also trying to assist me cousin apply thru them.

Thanks so much for the information, so are you saying I have to wait still 21st and is that what uni assist told you, r u on bbm let chat more since we r both facing same problem
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 7:35pm On Nov 05, 2013
richard4ssky:

Thanks so much for the information, so are you saying I have to wait still 21st and is that what uni assist told you, r u on bbm let chat more since we r both facing same problem

I am studying in Germany oh. lol am not facing same challenge. That was what they told me when i tried applying for my cousin here.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ganasy: 7:50pm On Nov 05, 2013
its good to kw hw to speak the language but not the ultimate. have been in berlin for over 2 weeks nw most pple i have met speak english a bite.
am nw trying to learn the language bt e hard o wink
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 8:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
ganasy: its good to kw hw to speak the language but not the ultimate. have been in berlin for over 2 weeks nw most pple i have met speak english a bite.
am nw trying to learn the language bt e hard o wink

Bro dont worry you go make hamm...God dey your side

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 10:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
wonderbobs: . And there's no possibility of learning it there ?? And everyone that went to germany and has survived many years before we are doing now learnt it before they went o germany ?? My brother please stop all this info your giving out, its not like you've stepped foot on there soil to give out this kinda info, please leave it to tope, godson and the rest fellows that are over there to advice on that...PLEASE

It is true typing in cap lock shows that @Princeolu is kind of depressing lol please its not just good thats all.
It is not compulsory you learn German language no need to scare anyone but its true that without the language you might find life alittle bit difficult as this languages remain Germany official language.If you have opportunity to learn a little back home its better to have at least basic knowledge as it is damn expensive here and not that Intensive.

Studying in Germany aint joke,You must be ready to read. grin grin grin

Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 11:20pm On Nov 05, 2013
2 pages on Princeolu... Una wan kill am? grin
Do u guys know that if u are going for Bsc even if it is taught in Queens English only, the embassy requires u provide at least A1 german language certificate? Yes! Even in goethe institute they advice u study up to A2. If u were not asked during ur interview, then u got lucky! It applies to Bsc only not Msc. If u doubt, u can research on that. If u don't speak deutsch, all hope is not lost and u don't have to commit suicide when u get there grin language or no language, person wey go succeed go succeed!

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 11:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
My ogas at the top(Godson, topeajis, kelly4top, ayoaremu and host of others that are already in Germo, please do justice to this question ooooo

Please house, is it possible for international students to buy things in Germany and ship it to Nigeria legally? like used cars, Computers, copiers and laptops . Wouldn't they see it as starting a personal business?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 12:23am On Nov 06, 2013
honourableseyi: My ogas at the top(Godson, topeajis, kelly4top, ayoaremu and host of others that are already in Germo, please do justice to this question ooooo

Please house, is it possible for international students to buy things in Germany and ship it to Nigeria legally? like used cars, Computers, copiers and laptops . Wouldn't they see it as starting a personal business?

You can but its hard to do because you will get distracted from studying!!....You can always do that later though buh not as soon as you arrive here.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 5:29am On Nov 06, 2013
Godson201333:

It is true typing in cap lock shows that @Princeolu is kind of depressing lol please its not just good thats all.
It is not compulsory you learn German language no need to scare anyone but its true that without the language you might find life alittle bit difficult as this languages remain Germany official language.If you have opportunity to learn a little back home its better to have at least basic knowledge as it is damn expensive here and not that Intensive.

Studying in Germany aint joke,You must be ready to read. grin grin grin

Goodluck!
. @oga godson, see as una dey forget una boys... E no good ooo, always happy seeing you or oga tope, angel, lillie etc post something or reply to peoples questions...how are lectures?? Hope you guys are doing good? smiley
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 7:03am On Nov 06, 2013
emeka55: 2 pages on Princeolu... Una wan kill am? grin
Do u guys know that if u are going for Bsc even if it is taught in Queens English only, the embassy requires u provide at least A1 german language certificate? Yes! Even in goethe institute they advice u study up to A2. If u were not asked during ur interview, then u got lucky! It applies to Bsc only not Msc. If u doubt, u can research on that. If u don't speak deutsch, all hope is not lost and u don't have to commit suicide when u get there grin language or no language, person wey go succeed go succeed!

Oga them wan kill me but i no fit die nahhh....God dey myside.........lol

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.