Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884908 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hello house, I really appreciate everyone contribution I need to convert my cgpa to german standard house plz how can I do thiz 2.86. Can anyone help me out with the calculation
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 11:46pm On Nov 17, 2014
kennyoguns0509:
Hello house, I really appreciate everyone contribution I need to convert my cgpa to german standard house plz how can I do thiz 2.86. Can anyone help me out with the calculation
my friend flip back few pages back. Something that was just discussed few pages back, you are asking about it again. I tire for u oo

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by rafcrown(m): 2:13am On Nov 18, 2014
I am interested in job opportunities in the Southern part of Germany or Hamburg.I am entitled to work .I am learning the language before moving.I just want to hear from Nigerians living in Munich or Southern part of Germany or in Hamburg.Any kind of work in any part of Southern part of Germany/Hamburg
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Adexhat(m): 6:05am On Nov 18, 2014
hollaytan:
hello house please anybody applying or have a knowledge about Flensburg university should help me out, I don't have a test of English certificate, I only have a letter of English proficiency from my school, am applying for MSC in biotechnology....can I go ahead with my application with my proficiency letter from my school? .......,pls help!!!!!!!!

Hey bruder, good to know u're also heading to Flensburg Univ. just as i am. well as per d lang. requirement, i think d sch really meant a test score & not d letter unlike many other schs. I also submitted ielts score of 6.5 in my applicatn & i'll advise u to quickly register for one b4 its late. however, u may write ur prog coordinator to enquire if dt option is feasible.
Alles gute bruder
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 8:11am On Nov 18, 2014
Adexhat:

Hey bruder, good to know u're also heading to Flensburg Univ. just as i am. well as per d lang. requirement, i think d sch really meant a test score & not d letter unlike many other schs. I also submitted ielts score of 6.5 in my applicatn & i'll advise u to quickly register for one b4 its late. however, u may write ur prog coordinator to enquire if dt option is feasible.
Alles gute bruder

thanks bro...,I want to study biotechnology, I tried to send a mail to their international international office but gmail while trying to send the message gmail said their email address is wrong or doesn't exist, pls I won't mind if you can help me with the enquiry......thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by cahnellven: 9:24am On Nov 18, 2014
hollaytan:

thanks bro...,I want to study biotechnology, I tried to send a mail to their international international office but gmail while trying to send the message gmail said their email address is wrong or doesn't exist, pls I won't mind if you can help me with the enquiry......thanks

Try to contact the programme coordinators if you havent already
claus.werninger@fh-flensburg.de
udo.peters@fh-flensburg.de
studienberatung@fh-flensburg.de

best of luck
Re: German Embassy And Visa by cahnellven: 9:26am On Nov 18, 2014
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Dehonourable: 10:17am On Nov 18, 2014
Guten Morgan

@ ALL dat wish to apply to the University of applied sciences Flensburg. I wish to inform u guys dat an "Attestation of English language proficiency" is acceptable OR a Toefl score 68 I think.

I once applied to d school last summer with the above mentioned letter & it was accepted. Pls, ensure u include a recommendation letters (2) from ur profs or Dr's.

Danke
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Adexhat(m): 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
hollaytan:

I think u're heading to University of applied sciences Flensburg and not Univ. of Flensburg. So, @Cahnellven advice might be useful. All d same i hope we can keep track of our progress and unite once we get their by God's grace. The two schools are very close to each other!

Alles gute
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Adexhat(m): 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
cahnellven:

Try to contact the programme coordinators if you havent already
claus.werninger@fh-flensburg.de
udo.peters@fh-flensburg.de
studienberatung@fh-flensburg.de

best of luck

Are you heading there too brov?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2014
Adexhat:

I think u're heading to University of applied sciences Flensburg and not Univ. of Flensburg. So, @Cahnellven advice might be useful. All d same i hope we can keep track of our progress and unite once we get their by God's grace. The two schools are very close to each other!

Alles gute
by God's grace.......we shall share our testimonies soon

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by pricelessmr: 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
Bitte, is there anyone already at, going to, or applying to RWTH Aachen?

I'm interested in that school. GRE is required for my course of interest.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
rafcrown:
I am interested in job opportunities in the Southern part of Germany or Hamburg.I am entitled to work .I am learning the language before moving.I just want to hear from Nigerians living in Munich or Southern part of Germany or in Hamburg.Any kind of work in any part of Southern part of Germany/Hamburg

Your question brings us back to what we are really missing on this thread...I don't know if am gonna step on toes, but the feedback available after getting visa is really poor. People just tend to gain from something and NEVER give back.

Back to you Brother without elaborating much because of some confidential details...one thing about the southern States like Munich is that they are quite expensive in terms of accommodation and cost of living but there is more than enough job to go round...the Bavarian accent too is something else but there are quite a number of English speakers...If you want a metropolitan life Munich in the south will give it to you..there are other smaller (relative) southern cities which are less expensive but still good. e.g Nuremberg, Fürth, Ingolstadt, Augsburg, Würzburg, all in Bavaria and Stuttgart, Reutlingen, Heilbronn in Baden Württemberg. Hamburg in the north is not as rich as the south, but its a great metropolis one can survive in although relatively colder but with a clearer accent.

The thing you should consider as a new migrant I think is to know where you know someone so that you can settle better and more easily then may be move on when you have found your bearing.
PM ogbeche77, he schools in Munich and should be able to give you a more detailed description. While you are at it, you can register with toytown-germany and look up similar questions or ask about your city of interest if the people there can help with information (note that people there are not the street hustling type and their view may be 'buttered' kind of)

My 2 cowries!

I want to make some truthful comments, in respect to people who had crossed over excluding those who are just settling and finding their bearing. Most have really gained from the combined wisdom of this thread, travel dreams and aspirations which have been nurtured right to the extent of leaving the shores of the nation but after that people tend to just easily forget the thread and never come to add from their experiences after gaining from others... which is rather exploitative and selfish or will I say snobbish..There is a thread on German student's survival, none hardly visit but look at the UK's equivalent, very very vibrant and great ideas are shared.
How I just wish I had my visa already I could have revived it or at least carry on from where they stopped. I understand that study could be intense and hustle demanding, but if all that were on this thread and left successfully for Germany spends just 10 minutes a week to post something, this thread would be the best by far.
I hail those ogas who visit from time to time though.
I hail some selfless dudes like Naijaobi (who has been present from page 2or 3) Beebee5000, Kelly4top, junipro and some others who show up from time to time.
Just saying something as short and meaningless as "Rostock is quite a cold and interesting place" can inspire someone out there as someone also inspired you when you didn't even know what a certified copy is.
This thread was inspired by suxes2005 by just mere observation that getting German visa was relatively easy and that simple post have helped so many either directly or indirectly.

Well, ama introduce the 'Eke40seven meets.... on German JJC moments', a sorta interview for new comers to Germany.

..........coming soon

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2014
......^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by cahnellven: 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
Adexhat:

Are you heading there too brov?

No,ive had similar issues when trying to contact the international office of UNI bremen and i was advised to contact the programme directors.I Searched for contact details of the co-ordinators,mailed them and they responded promptly thereby getting firsthand information on the course

i belive same can work for @hollaytan too
Re: German Embassy And Visa by adenjnr(m): 2:08pm On Nov 18, 2014
Any 1 heading to HTW-Berlin?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
Anyone applying to TU Clausthal or TU Dortmund?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2014
cahnellven:

No,ive had similar issues when trying to contact the international office of UNI bremen and i was advised to contact the programme directors.I Searched for contact details of the co-ordinators,mailed them and they responded promptly thereby getting firsthand information on the course

i belive same can work for @hollaytan too

I just got the info from their biotechnology requirement page that a proof of proficiency letter can be used, besides a brother that was a previous applicant confirmed this, so I don't need to go through length y preambles ......paying uni-assist on Fri and sending my application on Monday
.......success story will surely be ours. but after being successful never forget this wonderful thread, fellow brothers will need hel....be here for them
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 3:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
Eke40seven I really feel ur last post. Dis page dwells more on life before getting to Germany and less on after it bcus people WO got here b4 us are usually silent after getting here.

No one actually told us DAT u get to pay over 100€ for resident permit wen u get here until I raised d question. A lot of other issues like settling down here and getting a job are also not treated. I most confess DAT I av not bin finding things easy since I arrived cus I came here without knowing anybody and most of d tins I av done here were thru d grace of God WO made me meet a Nigerian guy DAT have bin so wonderful.

We really need those already here and settled to come back here to give to wia dey got from most especially in getting jobs as I most confess d 8040€ blocked is not actually enuf if u stay in a city like Frankfurt wia I am and I can't call home for money. U should also b aware that u av to pay enrolment fee again every semester and DAT was not calculated with d 8040 so if guys WO are already settled don't assist us just finding our feet won't d visa b a waste wen we loose our studentship?

I can Neva forget this forum cus its part of wat got me here and I hope others can help too

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by bolajesu: 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2014
@eke u are absolutely speaking my mind 100% people are only concerned about going out please we need proper enlightenment about life in Germany especially concerning job prospects during and after studies from nairalanders over them..
I think this point of mine is very important and essential..thank you.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 7:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
Eke40seven:

Your question brings us back to what we are really missing on this thread...I don't know if am gonna step on toes, but the feedback available after getting visa is really poor. People just tend to gain from something and NEVER give back.

Back to you Brother without elaborating much because of some confidential details...one thing about the southern States like Munich is that they are quite expensive in terms of accommodation and cost of living but there is more than enough job to go round...the Bavarian accent too is something else but there are quite a number of English speakers...If you want a metropolitan life Munich in the south will give it to you..there are other smaller (relative) southern cities which are less expensive but still good. e.g Nuremberg, Fürth, Ingolstadt, Augsburg, Würzburg, all in Bavaria and Stuttgart, Reutlingen, Heilbronn in Baden Württemberg. Hamburg in the north is not as rich as the south, but its a great metropolis one can survive in although relatively colder but with a clearer accent.

The thing you should consider as a new migrant I think is to know where you know someone so that you can settle better and more easily then may be move on when you have found your bearing.
PM ogbeche77, he schools in Munich and should be able to give you a more detailed description. While you are at it, you can register with toytown-germany and look up similar questions or ask about your city of interest if the people there can help with information (note that people there are not the street hustling type and their view may be 'buttered' kind of)

My 2 cowries!

I want to make some truthful comments, in respect to people who had crossed over excluding those who are just settling and finding their bearing. Most have really gained from the combined wisdom of this thread, travel dreams and aspirations which have been nurtured right to the extent of leaving the shores of the nation but after that people tend to just easily forget the thread and never come to add from their experiences after gaining from others... which is rather exploitative and selfish or will I say snobbish..There was a thread on German student's survival, none hardly visit but look at the UK's equivalent, very very vibrant and great ideas are shared.
How I just wish I had my visa already I could have revived it or at least carry on from where they stopped. I understand that study could be intense and hustle demanding, but if all that were on this thread and left successfully for Germany spends just 10 minutes a week to post something, this thread would be the best by far.
I hail those ogas who visit from time to time though.
I hail some selfless dudes like Naijaobi (who has been present from page 2or 3) Beebee5000, Kelly4top, junipro and some others who show up from time to time.
Just saying something as short and meaningless as "Rostock is quite a cold and interesting place" can inspire someone out there as someone also inspired you when you didn't even know what a certified copy is.
This thread was inspired by suxes2005 by just mere observation that getting German visa was relatively easy and that simple post have helped so many either directly or indirectly.

Well, ama introduce the 'Eke40seven meets.... on German JJC moments', a sorta interview for new comers to Germany.

..........coming soon
my greetings to the house. What you said is true in a way but on the other hand is because of the academic stress here is too much. I like what you are doing including others. Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mohthayho: 8:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
Please house I just want to ask if anyone has an idea of how virgin airline or Arik treat pregnant passengers travelling to Germany or Uk.

Does the passenger have to take doctors report to the airport is it necessary or someone can just bone and risk it expecially if the person's stomach doesn't shoot out too much.

What do u guyz think has anyone experienced it b4 pls kindly shere ur view with me please.

Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by mariz2323: 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2014
Hello there
I went for my interview last week and i was asked to come back to the embassy on 24th of this month...what do you think are advantages one will get the visa??
I have been to south africa twice and tanzania once been to ghana like twice....I have about 1million plus as my current account balance...all document are intact..what is the chance of getting a visa??

Thanks House
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Generalkorex(m): 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2014
cahnellven:
we no dey book space here o
Re: German Embassy And Visa by cahnellven: 9:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
hollaytan:

I just got the info from their biotechnology requirement page that a proof of proficiency letter can be used,.
.......success story will surely be ours. but after being successful never forget this wonderful thread, fellow brothers will need hel....be here for them

ok bro,best of luck .success will surely come our way.

i cant forget this inspiring thread.
Mr eke40seven has hit the nail on the head,and he hit it hard
After gaining so much from this thread,the least anyone can do is help others by providing reliable infos .

Like nevilbot rightly said,we need to avail ourselves with more info about how life really is in germany especially the first six months,that way we can empower ourselves even better for the challenges ahead.
This thread shouldnt be about getting visa alone,it should also be about survival tips and general information on how things work,challenges one can likely face and how to overcome them,hence we need the experienced folks to help us.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 9:51pm On Nov 18, 2014
kennyoguns0509:

it is equivalent to 2.60 on the German scale
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 10:21pm On Nov 18, 2014
Mohthayho:
Please house I just want to ask if anyone has an idea of how virgin airline or Arik treat pregnant passengers travelling to Germany or Uk.

Does the passenger have to take doctors report to the airport is it necessary or someone can just bone and risk it expecially if the person's stomach doesn't shoot out too much.

What do u guyz think has anyone experienced it b4 pls kindly shere ur view with me please.

Thanks.
I didn't know Arik fly from Nigeria to Germany? from where in Nigeria to where in Germany
The answer to this your question could be truly elusive for long if you await it here. The surest way you can get a satisfactory answer is by calling Arik's customer care line..they should be able to explain it better.
Alternatively check the UK thread and ask or simply call the attention of justwise, he tends to know these things. grin
Good luck!

mariz2323:
Hello there
I went for my interview last week and i was asked to come back to the embassy on 24th of this month...what do you think are advantages one will get the visa??

What type of visa did you apply for?
Were you told to come along for a travel and health
insurance?
If the latter is in the affirmative and the former, a student visa..then good news awaits you.
God bless you!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by cahnellven: 10:28pm On Nov 18, 2014
Generalkorex:

we no dey book space here o

lol, Oga ,i'm not new here so i know that.

it was a double post so i had to clear it since duplication of information is needless

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Hugo70(m): 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
@Eke40seven, God bless you n make you BIGGER. You have said it all. After reading all the info in this thread, you'll know more than agents bliv me. But one thing i must say is this, process of getting a visa is just part1 and the process to settle in germany is another part, esp the first 3 to 4 month. which is most impt. Some body should enlighten the house for easiest way to settle at germany, JUST FOR THE RECORD PLS!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by baggylips(m): 5:31am On Nov 19, 2014
Pls anybody in the house that will help review my motivation letter.i sincerely need a volunteer so that I will forward d letter to his email.Thanks for anticipated assistance.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by adenjnr(m): 6:09am On Nov 19, 2014
baggylips:
Pls anybody in the house that will help review my motivation letter.i sincerely need a volunteer so that I will forward d letter to his email.Thanks for anticipated assistance.
if u don't mind, I can help u

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.