Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,452 members, 7,850,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:33 AM

How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry (878 Views)

Banditry: Sokoto Shuts Down Telecommunications Networks In 14 LGAs / 3 Ways Buhari Wants To Curb Banditry In South-west / See The Cost Of Shutting Down The Internet Per Day (A Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by PaNnamdi: 7:16am On Sep 21, 2021
The way northern states are shutting down telecommunications networks to curb banditry is alarming.moat recently Sokoto shut down its network with the claim that it's curbing Banditry activities.

how does the shutting down of telecom masts and networks solve the issue of violent bandits unleashing mayhem on innocent people in Nigeria.
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by timibare(m): 8:00am On Sep 21, 2021
Lol, u dey mind ds govt ? Another good question is how does shutting down Twitter in naija makes naija good? How does shutting down abokifx site improves naira.....if naija government happens to own Arsenal fc, I bet they would shut down livescores and flashscores to improve the development of Arsenal tactics grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by SarkinYarki: 8:08am On Sep 21, 2021
Don't mind the demonic Buhari govt ...they have a plan to start putting off networks in any community they want to destroy

1 Like

Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by realstars: 8:15am On Sep 21, 2021
Buhari Is A Big Joke To The Nation.
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by Standing5(m): 8:37am On Sep 21, 2021
It is a bit of Aboki Logic and impossible for infidels to comprehend.
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by after4: 8:38am On Sep 21, 2021
So that you won't see a video of the soldiers killed by the "bandit". You forgot that lie mohd already asked that the media stop posting those videos and they refused. If you cut network, they will be no live video and if you post it after, they cN claim it was an old video

1 Like

Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by 3ple9ine(m): 8:46am On Sep 21, 2021
Well I think it is to reduce communication between the bandits, their sympathizers and partners.
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by inoki247: 8:47am On Sep 21, 2021
3ple9ine:
Well I think it is to reduce communication between the bandits, their sympathizers and partners.

it will reduce Communication...

But please what's the usefulness of the NiN wey dem say mak we link to our sim...

cos I don't know how the linking of NiN to our sim nd using it to track bandit will come to work when the network is switched off I think this Govt looks confused...

1 Like

Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by Arda1000(m): 8:59am On Sep 21, 2021
3ple9ine:
lol don’t tell me u don’t know that bandits uses Satellite phones,at least they are deep in the forest where network don’t come easily,so unless Ure dumb enough to believe anything,shutting network can’t curb banditry
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by ray501(m): 9:13am On Sep 21, 2021
Confusion every where cheesy
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by 3ple9ine(m): 9:16am On Sep 21, 2021
inoki247:

But please what's the usefulness of the NiN wey dem say mak we link to our sim...

cos I don't know how the linking of NiN to our sim nd using it to track bandit will come to work when the network is switched off I think this Govt looks confused...
To me, I think the linking of SIM cards to NIN was a good strategy until private individuals started using it to make money. For example where I stay I no okada riders who are from Niger but were able to do NIN by claiming Nigerians from northern part of the country. To me these alone as spoil the work of the NIN

1 Like

Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by Militant30: 9:22am On Sep 21, 2021
Well, I don't see any logic in that but if that is the solution to the problem let it be.
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by Ovamboland(m): 9:26am On Sep 21, 2021
PaNnamdi:
The way northern states are shutting down telecommunications networks to curb banditry is alarming.moat recently Sokoto shut down its network with the claim that it's curbing Banditry activities.

how does the shutting down of telecom masts and networks solve the issue of violent bandits unleashing mayhem on innocent people in Nigeria.

And you follow them go school oh, see the kind of question you are asking?
No wonder the country is a mess for the kind of educated people we produce
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by ba7man(m): 9:31am On Sep 21, 2021
Bandits coordinate attacks, kidnaps and evade the millitary using gsm communication.

Once it's switched off, their moles, spies, spotters and members can't coordinate attacks, kidnaps or recieve information on the advancing troops.

They fall back to "word of mouth" to get information which takes a far longer time and isn't effective or reliable.

May hatred for the President not block people's ability to think, amen.

3 Likes

Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by 3ple9ine(m): 9:32am On Sep 21, 2021
Arda1000:
lol don’t tell me u don’t know that bandits uses Satellite phones,at least they are deep in the forest where network don’t come easily,so unless Ure dumb enough to believe anything,shutting network can’t curb banditry
Yeah they use Satellite phones and shutting of network doesn't curb banditry but reduces the communication between bandits within that state. As u may know not all of them would be using satellite phones.
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by Ovamboland(m): 10:53am On Sep 21, 2021
after4:
So that you won't see a video of the soldiers killed by the "bandit". You forgot that lie mohd already asked that the media stop posting those videos and they refused. If you cut network, they will be no live video and if you post it after, they cN claim it was an old video

How does your seeing video of soldiers killed in battle by bandits make the country more secure?
Nigeria has the largest concentration of useless unpatriotic citizens of any country in the world
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by PaNnamdi: 10:59am On Sep 21, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Don't mind the demonic Buhari govt ...they have a plan to start putting off networks in any community they want to destroy
Am surprised ooo,it's only Nigeria that is shutting down networks to chase criminals

Am so ashamed of this country!!!
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by PaNnamdi: 11:00am On Sep 21, 2021
3ple9ine:

Yeah they use Satellite phones and shutting of network doesn't curb banditry but reduces the communication between bandits within that state. As u may know not all of them would be using satellite phones.
So shutting down networks is the best way to stop bandits?
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by Ovamboland(m): 11:01am On Sep 21, 2021
inoki247:

Chai, somebody invested money educating this one, one minute silence for this big loss
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by PaNnamdi: 11:01am On Sep 21, 2021
ba7man:
Bandits coordinate attacks, kidnaps and evade the millitary using gsm communication.

Once it's switched off, their moles, spies, spotters and members can't coordinate attacks, kidnaps or recieve information on the advancing troops.

They fall back to "word of mouth" to get information which takes a far longer time and isn't effective or reliable.

May hatred for the President not block people's ability to think, amen.
So u are happy that networks are been shut down? and that's the best way to handle bandits Abi?
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by Zandena(f): 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2021
Some kids have invaded this platform with their childish thinking!
Do you think kidnapping would gain ground in Nigeria without telecommunication networks? How would they contact their victim's family for ransom? How would they communicate with their members and informants outside the forests? What has made it possible for them to get arms and ammunition?
Those against the telecoms shutdown are sponsors or sympathizers of the criminals and by extension are you from Sokoto or Zamfara or Katsina?
Why are you crying more than the bereaved?
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by Lanretoye(m): 1:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
SO information will not continue to spread.,i wonder what could be happening in those places now where they can barely reachout for help.God have mercy.
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by after4: 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2021
Shebi they told us boko haram has being defeated, how has that made nigeria secured.

Talking about patriotism, is your president patriotic?

Respect your self oh

Ovamboland:

How does your seeing video of soldiers killed in battle by bandits make the country more secure?
Nigeria has the largest concentration of useless unpatriotic citizens of any country in the world
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by Racoon(m): 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2021
This is an archaic approach to solving the problem of insecurity.What happened to the use of artificial intelligence-use of drones, GPRS tracking etc?
Re: How Does Shutting Down Telecommunications Networks Curb Banditry by FarahAideed: 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2021
It doesn't , it only stops the victims from exposing on going attacks

(1) (Reply)

Why I Believe Buhari Government Knows Bandits Terrorising North~ Chiwetalu Agu / 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO / Why Is No One Considering Akeredolu For Presidency?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.