Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,327 members, 7,822,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) (32322 Views)

Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) / Drone Shots Of Second Phase Road Of Ikirun-Ila-Odo Road (Pictures) / Photos Of The New Uyo-Ikot Ekpene Road: Akwa Ibom & Good Roads Na 5&6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by ikwikwi: 1:21am On Sep 22, 2021
This ikwuano road is the worst in the world. Even if it is a federal road, cant the state government do some remedial work for the betterment of the citizens of Abia state.
Immediately after obot akara if you're coming from Akwa-Ibom state, you will meet the hell of the bad road. Abia wake up pls
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by Bifwoli: 1:36am On Sep 22, 2021
IOutsmartedMods:
A country so rich, yet so poor
In a country well governed ,poverty is something to be ashamed of.In a country badly governed ,wealth is something to be ashamed of.Where's Naija ?
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by Ameduedwin: 2:10am On Sep 22, 2021
dead trapped every were, Nigeria hmmmm.
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by chydo55: 2:12am On Sep 22, 2021
This road have been in this state for over twenty years. I know what I suffered back in 2002/2003 when I used to pass through that road. I'm shocked that it's still in this condition and even worse than I used to know it. This is a big shame on the Federal Government and the NDDC.

1 Like

Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by mecussey(m): 3:17am On Sep 22, 2021
ifymadu:
Passed this road last around 2003, it used to be a beauty to behold. Our maintenance culture is zero, from the federal, state and local governments, they've all failed Nigerians.

Why would a federal built road need maintenance in less than 20 years. A country where there are no earthquakes and land slides still cant fix good roads. Julius berger did Uturu to Ebonyi 20yrs ago and today no scratch.
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by redcliff: 3:49am On Sep 22, 2021
that shit Kanu fighting for but una say him be terrorist. e get why nigeria must breakup, e get why...

1 Like

Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by na2016: 4:02am On Sep 22, 2021
ifymadu:
Passed this road last around 2003, it used to be a beauty to behold. Our maintenance culture is zero, from the federal, state and local governments, they've all failed Nigerians.

How do you expect a road you passed in 2003 to still be ok after 18 years with the type of rain that fails in the south?
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by ogyunging(m): 4:23am On Sep 22, 2021
This road kwa

Grateful for life.
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by Originalsly: 4:33am On Sep 22, 2021
mekusmanuel:

And we want Biafra? SMH

I always wonder .... with this kind warning sign.
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by freeDR(m): 4:41am On Sep 22, 2021
Munzy14:

Very familiar with this road as the LGA was my PPA during nysc....From ndoro down to Ariam, this raod is a total mess wayback 2015 and it's same condition till now...smh

Maybe they will repair it when I see my grandchildren....grin

This topic took me down memory lane...
I was also serving in Abia State in 2015. Bende LGA. grin
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by Scamburster(m): 6:39am On Sep 22, 2021
Originalsly:

I always wonder .... with this kind warning sign.
You too doesn't reason well.
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by Brightale(f): 6:41am On Sep 22, 2021
Tomek09:

Na lie. All Northern roads from A to Z are good.
Lie, apart from employment, Southern states are far more developed
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by olowo1930: 7:04am On Sep 22, 2021
Which work fed ministry of work is doing ? Nearly all southern road is bad and south east but northern road is fair.where are we ?

1 Like

Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by chukwugoziegi: 7:11am On Sep 22, 2021
Alloyhardu:
This one still better, try visit abeokuta from lafenwa to Randa you will just give up for this country

I passed Ikorodu-Sagamu Express two weeks ago and I was crying for my car and life. Road be like Deep sea ports. A to dredge am remain make we dey use boat. cry cry cry

This country is Bad

1 Like

Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by Bukasint(f): 7:28am On Sep 22, 2021
24brains:
gbola means pen*s or d*ck. It is suckable and its juice(spe*m) is good for the V.G and tastes sweet and can satisfy for 9months.

Wow...oh my God!!! I wish I have one now.
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by Kakamorufu(m): 7:34am On Sep 22, 2021
I passed this road last in 2013... And it's still in a deplorable condition.

Na wa for this country oooo
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by 10mobile: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2021
UbongCR7:
angry
One of the worst roads in Nigeria.
There is a saying in akwa ibom "once you meet any pot hole on the road as you are travelling eastwards from akwa ibom, know that you are in south east."
Bro, please, I need an Ákwá Ibomite Catholic to help me with the lyrics of Gloria in Ákwá Ibom language. I can only remember "Itoro itoro enyene Abasi xxxxxx k'enyong". The xxxxxx part is the main thing I cannot remember. And it continues.
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by mekusmanuel(f): 8:08am On Sep 22, 2021
CaptainAyub:
It's a federal road odenni
That's a silly excuse
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by enyiinne(m): 8:16am On Sep 22, 2021
The first bolded, it does not matter that money is sent to the states. We need to restructure Nigeria and practice fiscal federalism, the FGN can not be in Abuja make money from the states and then give them some money. The FGN can not be in Abuja and be giving orders to security agencies in states. So irrespective of whether money is being given to states up to ward level, we need to restructure Nigeria.

The second bolded, please don't drag me into your ethnic bashing. I am not interested.
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by Victorrhymez(m): 8:20am On Sep 22, 2021
This government college road,very very bad
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by Victorrhymez(m): 8:21am On Sep 22, 2021
It's even worse now
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by Offpoint1: 8:24am On Sep 22, 2021
enyiinne:
he left with another lady he was seeing secretly, some said he was bewitched. am left alone to take care of the baby. I have to quit my teaching job to take care of him. Please Sir help me if you can please.
Quite a sad story, unfortunately I'm too broke to render any assistance as of now... But still you can message me via my signature, at least in the future I might be able to assist with a token.
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by angelfallz(m): 8:24am On Sep 22, 2021
I answered your 3 questions.

The Nigeria regional government was abolished.
The Nigerian Army led by Aguiyi Ironsi began the process of abolishing the regional government, so in essence the Nigerian army abolished regional government.
The reason for bringing the regional governments to an end was to have a firm grip on power. The regional governments were semi autonomous, that form of government would not work under military rule. The military has a top down approach to leadership, where everything comes from one central command. And nothing happens without the say so of the central command.

bola4dprec:

What happened to Nigeria regional government ? Who abolished it ? What are the reasons for bringing it to an end ?
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by ariesbull: 8:48am On Sep 22, 2021
Shuff5:
Naija is a failed nation
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by KingHonour(m): 8:53am On Sep 22, 2021
For how long will igboland be waiting for their road to be maintained by FG,
For how long will they be waiting for their gutters to be distill by FG.
For how long will they be waiting for their environment to be sanitise by FG..

You people no dy collect allocation?

Just don't understand these set of people
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 22, 2021
According to wailers GEJ and co built all these roads so these must be fake pictures. In the meantime, dot nation doesn’t need roads connecting to Nigeria. Kanu will come and patch it for them
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 22, 2021
angelfallz:
I answered your 3 questions.

The Nigeria regional government was abolished.
The Nigerian Army led by Aguiyi Ironsi began the process of abolishing the regional government, so in essence the Nigerian army abolished regional government.
The reason for bringing the regional governments to an end was to have a firm grip on power. The regional governments were semi autonomous, that form of government would not work under military rule. The military has a top down approach to leadership, where everything comes from one central command. And nothing happens without the say so of the central command.

Please remind us where Ironsi is from so the wailers can know their real history.

On top of that in 2021 every month money is sent to the states up till ward level.

Can you tell these ipobians to leave our states and go and ask their governors and local government chairman what they use their money for?
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by angelfallz(m): 9:09am On Sep 22, 2021
Ironsi was an Igbo man.

The first bolded, it does not matter that money is sent to the states. We need to restructure Nigeria and practice fiscal federalism, the FGN can not be in Abuja make money from the states and then give them some money. The FGN can not be in Abuja and be giving orders to security agencies in states. So irrespective of whether money is being given to states up to ward level, we need to restructure Nigeria.

The second bolded, please don't drag me into your ethnic bashing. I am not interested.

Speaktruth88:

Please remind us where Ironsi is from so the wailers can know their real history.

On top of that in 2021 every month money is sent to the states up till ward level.

Can you tell these ipobians to leave our states and go and ask their governors and local government chairman what they use their money for?
Re: The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 22, 2021
angelfallz:
Ironsi was an Igbo man.

If under “Federalism” started by a southerner because they felt that was best is not enough to control the spending of the states with no live and successful projects to show; is it when there is less control on the states that things will be better?

We have a constitution that has outlined how the accountability would work. Instead of shouting big words how about going and holding the people with state monies to account?

How about holding various agencies to account?

Our problem is not centralisation but a lack of accountability on every level.

Restructuring is what politicians shout when they are looking for even easier ways to loot.

I allowed you to outline where Ironsi is from because there is a ridiculous southern bias that the north is the instigator or even propagator of the ills of this country. We are not. This is not the 80s where we will keep quiet and continue to be maligned when we are the ones that suffer the most no matter what “structures” are in place.

Carry on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kunle Adeyanju Who Is Riding A Bike From London To Lagos Is Due To Arrive Today / Twist In Regional Competition As New Airport Opens In Anambra / Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.