Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE (5210 Views)

This Woman Doesn’t Deserve To Be Cheated On” – Man Shares How He Stopped Himself / See The Insults A FB Group Admin Reigns On His Moderator / Married Women, Do You Still Give Guys Your Contact? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Ayotemide(f): 5:51pm On Sep 22, 2021
Twice today I have been baffled by Mods decision to move two brain depleting topics to the front page,

The first would be: Careers of a woman would put you off as a man? The low thinking thread lies here full of people with opinions, albeit brain-draining: https://www.nairaland.com/6765187/careers-women-turn-off-man
Next would be: Would you want a Career Woman/ Wife? https://www.nairaland.com/6766070/want-career-woman-house-wife.

It is not a mistake to state that many men here are obsessed with women, their vagina matters, life and generally that they even exist.

All Careers done by men are ''good" and not expected to be a put off for women' in addition there is no word in the dictionary that says 'Career men', it is an anomaly.

At the root of these threads is the consuming need to control women, what they do and what they represent.
It's the same suffocating need that drives some men here to always blame women and find excuses for the violence meted against them. The same ones that vilify other women for having the audacity to have sexual pleasure away from weak joysticks that will never satisfy them.

It's the same need that puts the inglorious bastards that identify as red-pillers barking like dogs from a kennel about 'how evil women are' day and night like the unemployed.

Your mother would be proud to see the stuff you write about women here, Junior.

My requests are easy, we demand respect on these streets, a safe place from poorly-raised overfed bitter men; and more important topics that do not reduce women to commodities whose life goals are taunted by men who would never be enough.

cc: SEUN

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by DropsMic(m): 5:56pm On Sep 22, 2021
Following
Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by illicit(m): 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Amanee(f): 6:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has them

4 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by kay9(m): 6:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
OP,

I will play the devil's advocate here. I saw the two topics you referred to, and I personally think they are pretty silly. Of course that's just my opinion - and as we all know, opinions are like a$$es, everybody has one. But to say the topics imply misogyny is, to me, really stretching. Is it Man-hating when a woman says she wants a tall, dark, stinking-rich man who's only desire is to please her? Better still, here's a poser: What if the topics were "Careers of a Man that put you off as a Woman" and "Would you prefer a Hardworking wominizing Husband, or Very loyal, lazy Husband"? Now tell me with your full chest that you would see such topics as Man-hating.

Look, our culture in this side of the world has not been fair to women. There is absolutely no denying that. But to take issues with people's own opinions of what they wish for or want in their partner - no matter how silly and inane - is just plain ridiculous. And that, missy, you can take to the bank.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by kay9(m): 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2021
Amanee:
Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has them

Well, whadyaknow? Someone else also quoted the quote I was quoting.
Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by thesicilian: 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2021
Feminism is the ignorant woman's way of resisting a man's authority.

Misogyny is the ignorant man's way of putting the woman back to where she belongs in the hierarchy of things.

The day the woman eventually decided to accept the natural authority of the man (according to the Bible), that day both misogyny and feminism will become a thing of the past.

15 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by TarOrfeeek: 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2021
This is a silly take.

There were topics around the same issue but involving MEN.

No one turned to siren and started to wail.
No one accused NL of gynocentricsm.

You people like to be victims. Even if the world was made up of only women. The more feminine ones will still cry of oppression.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Ayotemide(f): 6:35pm On Sep 22, 2021
You see a page talking about people's preference for their partner, I see men shaming women that do nothing more than Work.
No matter how that was crafted, picking on their choice of career is just a leaf for a much bigger tree; a symptom to a more worrying situation. I am going to need you to fault that the situations highlighted on that post do not happen here on this forum.

kay9:
OP,

I will play the devil's advocate here. I saw the two topics you referred to, and I personally think they are pretty silly. Of course that's just my opinion - and as we all know, opinions are like a$$es, everybody has one. But to say the topics imply misogyny is, to me, really stretching. Is it Man-hating when a woman says she wants a tall, dark, stinking-rich man who's only desire is to please her? Better still, here's a poser: What if the topics were "Careers of a Man that put you off as a Woman" and "Would you prefer a Hardworking wominizing Husband, or Very loyal, lazy Husband"? Now tell me with your full chest that you would see such topics as Man-hating.

Look, our culture in this side of the world has not been fair to women. There is absolutely no denying that. But to take issues with people's own opinions of what they wish for or want in their partner - no matter how silly and inane - is just plain ridiculous. And that, missy, you can take to the bank.

7 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by advanceDNA: 6:36pm On Sep 22, 2021
kay9:
OP,

Sadly that what the world has become.. u are no longer entitled to an opinion because it offends someone...

Suddenly everything is hate speech and something-phobic"

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Romanoff(f): 6:43pm On Sep 22, 2021
The funny thing is the way they are obsessed with anything that has to do with women.

On one thread, some men were having an opinion on how long a woman should breastfeed their children and castigating career women who can't breastfeed exclusively.

Makes me wonder sometimes.

Even with the rave of feminism, you don't find women obsessing about topics that have to do with men.

5 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by advanceDNA: 6:50pm On Sep 22, 2021
Ayotemide:
You see a page talking about people's preference for their partner, I see men shaming women that do nothing more than Work.
No matter how that was crafted, picking on their choice of career is just a leaf for a much bigger tree; a symptom to a more worrying situation. I am going to need you to fault that the situations highlighted on that post do not happen here on this forum.

U hate men so much u feel they can't have their opinion because it offends u..??.

Some ​men don't want their wife to work..what's the big deal...??

SSome men don't want their wives to do some jobs ....how is that offensive....

I think you need an orgasm...cos u are just angry over something petty

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Ayotemide(f): 6:53pm On Sep 22, 2021
LOL, Classic. Now I need an orgasm? Move along boy.

advanceDNA:

U hate men so much u feel they can't have their opinion because it offends u..??.

Some ​men don't want their wife to work..what's the big deal...??

SSome men don't want their wives to do some jobs ....how is that offensive....

I think you need an orgasm...cos u are just angry over something petty

10 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by kazyhm(m): 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
Women and overbearing opinions, manipulative and oppressive request.

The illogic in the logic of the complaint about women related topics........wondering what topics are expected in a ROMANCE>SEXUALITY section of a forum.

Romance is centered on love affairs, sexual relationship, intimacy etc, hence men write about women and vice versa.

Therefore, complaining about the type of thread here shows low IQ in the part of the complainant

6 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by kay9(m): 7:06pm On Sep 22, 2021
Ayotemide:

What i see, what you see... Irrelevant. You need me to "fault what you highlighted", did you even read my comment? Go back back and re-read the first sentences of both paragraphs. Then come back and answer the poser I gave you. I dare you.
Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by JovialJune(f): 7:11pm On Sep 22, 2021
Op, do you know what I've realised on these streets of nl, 90% of commenters are men, jobless men, in romance section where topics like you talked about comes from, are filled with teenagers and mostly sex starved men who have no other way to exercise their penis demons than to lash out on females any which way,

I saw a topic on FP talking about 3 things men like to hear apart from I love you, most of them were saying fvck, sex, pussy, spread legs etc, non talked about businesses, jobs, enlightenment etc, instead some said "send your account number" lmao, that is to tell you the number of lazy breeds of males existing today, as in they want someone to be giving them fish instead of learning how to fish lol

My take is you shouldn't be bothered much about it, they are the below par of the society, they shouldn't be taken serious cos what exist in their membrane is pussy, more pussy, and raining pussy. They have exclusively made our existence their problem so they'd look for silly ways to demean and insult their mothers not us, that is why we the ladies have decided to let them continue with their folly, we do not want to stop their joy for them since talking about females gives them tremendous and pee dripping happiness,

So don't bother yourself my dear, the job abi career they dislike in women or whatever thread they come up with is what their mothers and sisters did that they hate, and at the end of the day, when they get tired of their rants, they will log out of this place and face their miserable reality....eventually.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by chii8(f): 7:16pm On Sep 22, 2021
Women will still be bashed here.... undecided undecided undecided

But all weddings that goes on every Saturday's, I wonder who the males are marrying..... cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

Bikonu, don't come for my head oooo, I'm not feeling well....

6 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by JovialJune(f): 7:16pm On Sep 22, 2021
Romanoff:
The funny thing is the way they are obsessed with anything that has to do with women.

On one thread, some men were having an opinion on how long a woman should breastfeed their children and castigating career women who can't breastfeed exclusively.

Even with the rave of feminism, you don't find women obsessing about topics that have to do with men.

They are jobless, lazy, miserable, and foolish, look at some of them already here giving stupid reasons why guys on here behave insane, 99% of topics created by men are all about complaints, bile, insults to women and it is not a concern to any of them, that is to tell you the kind of raved mind they have.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by advanceDNA: 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2021
Ayotemide:

At least you didn't deny you've not been getting it ....

Incase u didn't know I didn't recommend an orgasm to insult u....I only recommended it cos u sound so angry...

Orgasm makes people calm...u are not calm at all...over what?? Jokes and personal opinions many men here dont even mean

1 Like

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Magnoliaa(f): 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2021
thesicilian:
Feminism is the ignorant woman's way of resisting a man's authority.

Misogyny is the ignorant man's way of putting the woman back to where she belongs in the hierarchy of things.

The day the woman eventually decided to accept the natural authority of the man (according to the Bible), that day both misogyny and feminism will become a thing of the past.

Pray tell, what gave rise to feminism? What caused feminism? What caused misogyny? Which predates the other? undecided undecided Has the submission talk not been existing FOR AGES, women staying at home under the rule of man for centuries before 'modern women's were ever born to dream of feminism?

You people will just open your mouth waaaaaaa all in the name of sounding intellectual.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:20pm On Sep 22, 2021
They are here already. Rather than focus on the OPs topic, they are talking about her personal life. What has her personal life got to do with her write up? The sad thing is that most of these guys are mature folks, when will they ever grow? Sighs!

9 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by BRATISLAVA: 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
Ayotemide:

They need to sexualize everything and anything about women. It's what toxicland is known for: sexualized angry broke(n) teenage incels/gays.

Unless it is sexualized they can't listen to it. And when sexualized, it must be skewed in favor of men.

If they don't talk about periods or having sex so that you will agree to them, what else will they say when they really have no defense for their obvious misogyny? Anything to trivialize the truth.

12 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by BRATISLAVA: 10:07pm On Sep 22, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
They are here already. Rather than focus on the OPs topic, they are talking about her personal life. What has her personal life got to do with her write up? The sad thing is that most of these guys are mature folks, when will they ever grow? Sighs!

Mature? You will always know the mature ones. If they are hardcore dumb they will resemble the self-acclaimed old one that frequently posts dumb topics on FP, and defends the dumb posts.

One of their red pill teenagers has been banned otherwise he would be here, gigipiller or something like that, spilling all his raging self-hate and turning it on women. Saturday will tell more.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by cococandy(f): 10:38pm On Sep 22, 2021
Edited because POINTLESS

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by cococandy(f): 10:41pm On Sep 22, 2021
Because feminism isn’t even about obsessing over men.
It’s about getting women an equal footing in society.
They know too.

Romanoff:

10 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Horlubunmmy: 12:06am On Sep 23, 2021
JovialJune:
Op, do you know what I've realised on these streets of nl, 90% of commenters are men, jobless men, in romance section where topics like you talked about comes from, are filled with teenagers and mostly sex starved men who have no other way to exercise their penis demons than to lash out on females any which way,

I saw a topic on FP talking about 3 things men like to hear apart from I love you, most of them were saying fvck, sex, pussy, spread legs etc, non talked about businesses, jobs, enlightenment etc, instead some said "send your account number" lmao, that is to tell you the number of lazy breeds of males existing today, as in they want someone to be giving them fish instead of learning how to fish lol

My take is you shouldn't be bothered much about it, they are the below par of the society, they shouldn't be taken serious cos what exist in their membrane is pussy, more pussy, and raining pussy. They have exclusively made our existence their problem so they'd look for silly ways to demean and insult their mothers not us, that is why we the ladies have decided to let them continue with their folly, we do not want to stop their joy for them since talking about females gives them tremendous and pee dripping happiness,

So don't bother yourself my dear, the job abi career they dislike in women or whatever thread they come up with is what their mothers and sisters did that they hate, and at the end of the day, when they get tired of their rants, they will log out of this place and face their miserable reality....eventually.
Thank you.....a lot of time I do tell myself that most of this guys have no sisters nor mum...
A lot of them will be like NIGERIA girls are all useless all of them....The body shaming nko Is well

6 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by socialmediaman: 12:08am On Sep 23, 2021
Ayotemide:
Twice today I have been baffled by Mods decision to move two brain depleting topics to the front page,

The first would be: Careers of a woman would put you off as a man? The low thinking thread lies here full of people with opinions, albeit brain-draining: https://www.nairaland.com/6765187/careers-women-turn-off-man
Next would be: Would you want a Career Woman/ Wife? https://www.nairaland.com/6766070/want-career-woman-house-wife.

It is not a mistake to state that many men here are obsessed with women, their vagina matters, life and generally that they even exist.

All Careers done by men are ''good" and not expected to be a put off for women' in addition there is no word in the dictionary that says 'Career men', it is an anomaly.

At the root of these threads is the consuming need to control women, what they do and what they represent.
It's the same suffocating need that drives some men here to always blame women and find excuses for the violence meted against them. The same ones that vilify other women for having the audacity to have sexual pleasure away from weak joysticks that will never satisfy them.

It's the same need that puts the inglorious bastards that identify as red-pillers barking like dogs from a kennel about 'how evil women are' day and night like the unemployed.

Your mother would be proud to see the stuff you write about women here, Junior.

My requests are easy, we demand respect on these streets, a safe place from poorly-raised overfed bitter men; and more important topics that do not reduce women to commodities whose life goals are taunted by men who would never be enough.

cc: SEUN

This post reeks of misandry and doesn’t help your case, calling people inglorious bastards. Where’s the respect you’re advocating?

2 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 23, 2021
socialmediaman:

This post reeks of misandry and doesn’t help your case, calling people inglorious bastards. Where’s the respect you’re advocating?

Misandry doesn't exist. When the subjugation of men becomes structural or institutionalised; when women start murdering men in droves paralleling femicide; when males collectively become victims of physical and sexual violence; when cultures disfavor males and extol the female sex in which the latter has unrestrained freedom to do as they please. Let me know.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by cococandy(f): 12:55am On Sep 23, 2021
socialmediaman:

Misandry at best AT BEST is reactive.

4 Likes

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by Saintmary(f): 2:30am On Sep 23, 2021
It's obvious that a lot of males are afraid of women. They don't understand women. Whatever you don't understand, you get suspicious of, and seek to destroy. That is what's happening here.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women Do Not Deserve The Misogyny That Reigns On Nairaland Front PAGE by advanceDNA: 6:08am On Sep 23, 2021
Saintmary:
It's obvious that a lot of males are afraid of women. They don't understand women. Whatever you don't understand, you get suspicious of, and seek to destroy. That is what's happening here.

Afraid??
Suspicious??
Seek to destroy??
Lol...U guys over react too much...get offended over beer palor gist and call it hatred....u guys are our daughters, mothers, sisters, cousin, aunts, it's funny when u people paint picture of hating over petty online gist...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Marriage A Contract Or Covenant / She Wants Me To Give Up Beer / 12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.