Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat (1798 Views)

Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom / IPOB Threat: Count Us Out Of Operation Python Dance, Say South East Governors / IGP Ibrahim Idris' Transmission Video Was Doctored - Police Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat by akelicious(m): 7:05am On Sep 23, 2021
Reacting IPOB’s threat, the Nigeria Police, Zone 9 headquarters, Umuahia, said it had put measures in place to ensure peace and order in the zone.
Accordingly, the Zonal Police Public Relations Officer, Kingsley Iredibia, expressed his conviction that the court in Abuja would make good its words, hence there would be no need for people to panic after the date.
But if for any reason it didn’t hold, we will maintain peace,” he said, even as he advised the general public in the zone not to entertain any fear, “but go about their normal duties”.

https://www.akelicious.net/30-day-shutdown-police-reacts-to-Igbos-threat/

Re: 30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat by Olarewajutv: 7:08am On Sep 23, 2021
Continuation... How can people maintain peace.. For this country angry angry First naija qet peace. I pray this shutdown thing is under control
Re: 30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat by Grace001: 7:09am On Sep 23, 2021
Ok
Re: 30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat by LokoH(m): 7:09am On Sep 23, 2021
Don't 4get to buy more guns for your men because we 'v the plan to shutdown the region for a month or more.

Let 's see who is tougher, gi kobu anyi
Re: 30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat by SIRRITE: 7:11am On Sep 23, 2021
Not sit at anymore? Is now shut down? grin grin MU MU TILIBAN grin
Re: 30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat by Hangmnk: 7:20am On Sep 23, 2021
I wonder why Nigerian Police care
Re: 30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat by SmartPolician: 7:40am On Sep 23, 2021
The police cannot do anything in this situation because you cannot drag people out of their houses. Apparently, the IPOB has seen what works and will always use it against the Nigerian state. It's interesting the separatist group makes it look like a unanimous exercise as opposed to forcing people to sit at home.

The biggest concern now is that they are passing the message that the region is not attractive for investment. Before long, more businesses and people will leave the region.
This is something everyone ought to avoid. Well-harnessed population should be a good thing. On a second thought, I guess the saying that nothing good comes easy is playing out in the East.
Re: 30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat by zuchyblink(m): 8:15am On Sep 23, 2021
I heard IPOB also want diasporas to stop sending remittance for one month to kill the Naira kpatakpata
Re: 30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat by OminickConcept: 9:06am On Sep 23, 2021
zuchyblink:
I heard IPOB also want diasporas to stop sending remittance for one month to kill the Naira kpatakpata

But come to think about this, is it not their families they are sending money to that will suffer it more?
Re: 30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat by Chibuezem(m): 10:33am On Sep 23, 2021
LokoH:
Don't 4get to buy more guns for your men because we 'v the plan to shutdown the region for a month or more.

Let 's see who is tougher, gi kobu anyi
Ewu Gambia how would sitting at home affect buhari and his goons
Ipob is really not thinking matured why not conduct a general protest against buhari in Abuja
If I sit at home for one month will you feed me..... NO let's not be wicked to fellow Igbos who earn less than a dollar an hr
Re: 30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat by Ruggedniggaone: 11:31am On Sep 23, 2021
Chibuezem:
Ewu Gambia how would sitting at home affect buhari and his goons
Ipob is really not thinking matured why not conduct a general protest against buhari in Abuja
If I sit at home for one month will you feed me..... NO let's not be wicked to fellow Igbos who earn less than a dollar an hr
so they can be slaughtered like cows while you will sit here and be typing nonsense behind your keyboard.did you die when corona made you sit at home for 3 to 4 months?
Re: 30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat by Chibuezem(m): 11:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
Ruggedniggaone:
so they can be slaughtered like cows while you will sit here and be typing nonsense behind your keyboard.did you die when corona made you sit at home for 3 to 4 months?
So the sit at home during corona was only practised by the north abi ?

Like I said Igbos sit at home declaration is obeyed by people out of fear
Re: 30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat by OG1BABY(f): 11:42pm On Sep 23, 2021
Okay
Re: 30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat by Emergingnation(m): 1:32am On Sep 24, 2021
Chibuezem:
[s]Ewu Gambia how would sitting at home affect buhari and his goons
If I sit at home for one month will you feed me..... NO let's not be wicked to fellow Igbos who earn less than a dollar an hr [/s]
At least, it will draw international attentions to our Quest for secession through referendum and the release of Kanu by FG.
Re: 30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:07am On Sep 24, 2021
You can maintain peace in the south East but not the north grin grin

How do these guys justify their pay check again
Re: 30-day Shutdown: Police Reacts To Ipob’s Threat by Chibuezem(m): 8:23am On Sep 24, 2021
Emergingnation:
At least, it will draw international attentions to our Quest for secession through referendum and the release of Kanu by FG.
how I ask again;other secessionist go by peaceful protests but Ipob is here terrorizing it's people with sit at home.... Wickedness in high places

(1) (Reply)

Happening Now In Computer Village, Ikeja Lagos / Major Reason The Super Eagles Of Nigeria Lost To Tunisia / Why Do Efcc Harass Southern Govs More Than Northern Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.