Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Urgent Inquiry: Toyota Camry (spider) And Oil Shortage - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Urgent Inquiry: Toyota Camry (spider) And Oil Shortage (4283 Views)

Solution To Oil Shortage And Smoking Engines / Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage / Between Camry Spider And Honda Evil Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Inquiry: Toyota Camry (spider) And Oil Shortage by Henryoung009: 11:01am On Sep 23, 2021
I’m at the verge of buying a naija used spider but my friend who uses Corolla is advising me against the plan, saying that one thing common among all Toyota spider is that they short oil. Just like people know that Hondas break leg, he said it’s a common knowledge that spiders have shortage of oil. Please I need constructive opinion.
Note that my friend has not seen the car but he said generally they have that problem.
Re: Urgent Inquiry: Toyota Camry (spider) And Oil Shortage by OGjason: 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2021
Na do Dem tell me too. Bro go and buy it. Am enjoying my own
Re: Urgent Inquiry: Toyota Camry (spider) And Oil Shortage by OGjason: 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2021
Shikom oil e never short, serviced it 8weeks ago. Oil never move body
Re: Urgent Inquiry: Toyota Camry (spider) And Oil Shortage by Omeiza100: 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2021
Oil shortage occurs in 07-09 model
N that’s after a certain mileage
So bfr buying the spider
Check the year
N check the mileage (distance it has Covered since production )
Re: Urgent Inquiry: Toyota Camry (spider) And Oil Shortage by Dozieson(m): 3:16pm On Sep 23, 2021
Omeiza100:
Oil shortage occurs in 07-09 model
N that’s after a certain mileage
So bfr buying the spider
Check the year
N check the mileage (distance it has Covered since production )

Oil shortage is common with the 2az engines. I would not advise anyone to go for any car using 2az with mileage of over 150k.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Inquiry: Toyota Camry (spider) And Oil Shortage by Dozieson(m): 3:17pm On Sep 23, 2021
Henryoung009:
I’m at the verge of buying a naija used spider but my friend who uses Corolla is advising me against the plan, saying that one thing common among all Toyota spider is that they short oil. Just like people know that Hondas break leg, he said it’s a common knowledge that spiders have shortage of oil. Please I need constructive opinion.
Note that my friend has not seen the car but he said generally they have that problem.

Don buy it Bro. It is notorious for oil shortage even the tokunbo is not left out
Re: Urgent Inquiry: Toyota Camry (spider) And Oil Shortage by Born2conquer: 7:20pm On Sep 23, 2021
Dozieson:

Oil shortage is common with the 2az engines. I would not advise anyone to go for any car using 2az with mileage of over 150k.
What’s 2az?
Re: Urgent Inquiry: Toyota Camry (spider) And Oil Shortage by double3(m): 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2021
If u love it go for it,just top oil when it goes low shikina!!
Re: Urgent Inquiry: Toyota Camry (spider) And Oil Shortage by Dozieson(m): 9:15pm On Sep 23, 2021
double3:

Hahhahah wahala
Re: Urgent Inquiry: Toyota Camry (spider) And Oil Shortage by Dozieson(m): 9:15pm On Sep 23, 2021
Born2conquer:

What’s 2az?

The name of the engine
Re: Urgent Inquiry: Toyota Camry (spider) And Oil Shortage by dadabashua1(m): 9:50pm On Sep 23, 2021
double3:
cheesy grin
Re: Urgent Inquiry: Toyota Camry (spider) And Oil Shortage by laluski(m): 10:20pm On Sep 23, 2021
But is the V6 variant very good buy...heard it's a problematic car
Re: Urgent Inquiry: Toyota Camry (spider) And Oil Shortage by Henryoung009: 11:40am On Sep 27, 2021
Quite helpful. Thank you everyone.

(1) (Reply)

Vw Golf 3 Issues / HELP Ford Edge 2008,toyota Highlander 2003, Or Acura Mdx 2005 / My Mercedes-benz GL550 08 Not Starting When The Engine Get Hot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.