Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse (9294 Views)

What Will Be Your Reaction If You Caught Your Son Doing This. / What If You Caught Your Husband Doing This (picture) / What would be Your Reaction If You Caught Your Child Self Servicing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by izoneb(f): 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2006
Wherever u are!Except u mean a particular group say whites.
Now tell me,considering your argument what do u think is the percentage of faithful men to unfaithful men?married or not.
Most men don't think of the effect of cheating when they do so they always think they can get away with it.I suppose so!
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by windywendy(f): 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2006
I think most men are faithful, at least most of the ones I know. Isn't it funny how many complaints one hears about being faithful Men complain about women not being faithful and then women complain about men not being faithful.

YOU say:

Most men don't think of the effect of cheating when they do so they always think they can get away with it

I think this applies to EVERYONE who cheats, and not just to the men. If everyone who cheats thinks about the consequences before doing so, then there will be no cheating  cheesy cheesy

On a different note though, I think i'm more worried about the fact that you hold the opinions you do about men, than I am about this topic. As a married woman, if I believe that men are dogs and cheats, I will never be able to trust my husband and will probably be suspcious of his every move. This will be mortifying! How can anyone (man or woman) hold these views about the opposite sex and yet live happily with their spouse?
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by izoneb(f): 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2006
Men brag about the number of women they sleep with among themselves but women are shy to agree even when they have dates Cos once you are unlucky with one or two men,its counted against you.

The woman who slept with several men in the Bible was termed a harlot but those men with concubines were not given names.

Its not supposed to be a woman's thing however you say it.
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by izoneb(f): 6:43pm On Oct 09, 2006
What decent man won't want to protect his family from something that could potentially break it up??
[quote][/quote]

This is exactly what you wrote.
That's why I don't like arguments cos your point already contradicts itself.

Thats why I said they don't think of the consequence when they cheat.
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by windywendy(f): 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2006
izoneb:

The woman who slept with several men in the Bible was termed a harlot but those men with concubines were not given names.

Now you're just getting my point! She slept with several men  grin grin Isn't it men who sleep with several women that you refer to as dogs?? And i'm saying that it is not exclusive to men, it's not a man thing -- it's something that depends on the individual and their moral standards or beliefs  cheesy. I dare say  that women cheat as much as men, but like you said, it's not something they talk about (for whatever reason). Afterall, think about it na, who are the men cheating with?? They're definitely cheating with other women, whether married, single, engaged to be married etc, unless of course they're gay  shocked shocked. It takes two to tango

Biblical times were different. God allowed men to have more than one wife back in the old testament. But then later on in the new testament, he commanded men to have only one wife and also called adultery a sin. He also commanded women to have only one husband. So under the new testament dispensation, a man with more than one wife or with concubines will definitely have names **and not good ones, at that**

I rest my case here my dear.
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by windywendy(f): 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2006
izoneb:

What decent man won't want to protect his family from something that could potentially break it up??

This is exactly what you wrote.
That's why I don't like arguments because your point already contradicts itself.

I don't see how my point contradicts itself. You said that a man would expose his family to another woman and not think it a big deal, And I say NO decent man would do that -- just as no decent woman will do that either.

Again I say, NO ONE who cheats (whether man or woman) thinks of the consequences otherwise there would be no cheating. Infact, no one who commits anything criminal thinks of the consequences as much as they think about how to cover up what they've done -- it's not exclusive to men  cheesy cheesy
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by waffistyle(m): 1:26pm On Oct 10, 2006
windywendy:

Now you're just getting my point! She slept with several men grin grin Isn't it men who sleep with several women that you refer to as dogs?? And i'm saying that it is not exclusive to men, it's not a man thing -- it's something that depends on the individual and their moral standards or beliefs cheesy. I dare say that women cheat as much as men, but like you said, it's not something they talk about (for whatever reason). Afterall, think about it na, who are the men cheating with?? They're definitely cheating with other women, whether married, single, engaged to be married etc, unless of course they're gay shocked shocked. It takes two to tango

Biblical times were different. God allowed men to have more than one wife back in the old testament. But then later on in the new testament, he commanded men to have only one wife and also called adultery a sin. He also commanded women to have only one husband. So under the new testament dispensation, a man with more than one wife or with concubines will definitely have names **and not good ones, at that**

I rest my case here my dear.

Yes it is a man thing, it boosts their ego, that is why they talk about it proudly among themselves, yes right now the polygamous nature is fading day by day though, but it is still there,,,men now respect their wifes more, so are more discreet in the act,

please there is no where in the bible men were instructed categorically to marry only one wife, and if they dont they ve sinned,
if you read through John8, in the bible, it was only the woman that was brought forward to Jesus, that she committed adultery, did she "do" her self, i believe she committed it with a man, why did they not bring the man also to Christ for purnishment?, FOOD FOR THOUGHT grin grin
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by waffistyle(m): 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2006
when a man gets a woman, either as a girl-friend or Wife,he feels like he has conquered, there is this victorious feeling, that makes him feel like a real man.he could even boast to his friends, when they meet, how he conquered the new girl, the crude mentality is the more you conquer the more manly you are, WHY ARE NATIONS CALLED WOMEN AS IN "HER", OR "SHE"?, FOOD FOR THOUGHT grin grin
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by windywendy(f): 3:26pm On Oct 10, 2006
waffistyle:

Yes it is a man thing, it boosts their ego, that is why they talk about it proudly among themselves, ,

I still insist it is NOT a man thing. What then will you say of women who commit adultery? is it to boost their ego?? Afterall you've just cited the woman who committed adultery. She was married to another man (and that's why it's called adultery, not fornication).

waffistyle:

yes right now the polygamous nature is fading day by day though, but it is still there,,,men now respect their wifes more, so are more discreet in the act, 

I don't understand this line of thinking shocked shocked. In what way is a man (or woman) respecting their spouse by cheating?? Is it by being discrete?? Does that change anything??. Anyway I guess you're entitled to your won opinion  cheesy.

waffistyle:

please there is no where in the bible men were instructed categorically to marry only one wife, and if they don't they ve sinned,

Obviously, you're ignorant of biblical truths, so let me draw your attention to some passages of scripture.

Ephesians 5:31
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two (not three or four or five) shall be one flesh.

Notice the words "wife" and "two" imply one man, one wife  grin

Ephesians 5:33
Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife (not wives  grin) even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

1 Timothy 3:2
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; (and of course, I submit to you that every Man is the bishop of his home cool)

Study the bible for yourself and you'll see that the New Testament Church has NEVER once condoned polygamy. It's adultery, plain and simple, and that makes it a SIN.

waffistyle:

if you read through John8, in the bible, it was only the woman that was brought forward to Jesus, that she committed adultery, did she "do" her self, i believe she committed it with a man, why did they not bring the man also to Christ for purnishment?, FOOD FOR THOUGHT grin grin

That is definitely NOT food for thought  smiley. Dig into bible history and you'll find that the reason the man was never brought before Christ is because he ran away from the scene of the crime. God's command to not commit adultery is not meant for WOMEN alone, it's for everyone  shocked shocked. So God is not going to excuse the man who commits adultery and punish the woman. All adulterers (both male and female) will stand in judgement before God, plain and simple  smiley. Infact the mere fact that God commands us not to commit adultery demonstrates that adultery is NOT a man thing, otherwise God will be unfair to make a command like that, or he would simply have directed his commandment to the womenfolk only. 

waffistyle:

when a man gets a woman, either as a girl-friend or Wife,he feels like he has conquered, there is this victorious feeling, that makes him feel like a real man.he could even boast to his friends, when they meet, how he conquered the new girl, the crude mentality is the more you conquer the more manly you are, WHY ARE NATIONS CALLED WOMEN AS IN "HER", OR "SHE"?, FOOD FOR THOUGHT

First of all, I'm glad you described the mentality of "the more you conquer the more manly you are" as crude because that's exactly what it is.  grin

Anyway the issue here is whether or not adultery is a MAN thing and I don't see how this your last post fits in. The fact that a man feels happy or victorious about finding the woman of his dreams does not automatically mean he's prone to adultery. Women too feel victorious about finding the man of their dreams and they too could even boast to their friends. Have you ever been around women (especially those who are proud of their men) and heard them talk about the men in their lives  Obviously not.

It's only a man who is wayward that will hold the mentality that the more he conquers, the more manly he is. This applies to women too who believe in using what they have to get what they want from men (you get my drift??). Such women too believe that the more men they "conquer" the more powerful they are. That's equally crude, but my point here is that it doesn't apply to men only. It's a mind set among people who are just simply sexually perverse  cheesy cheesy

Your last question about why nations are called "her" doesn't make sense to me. Can you please elaborate 
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by waffistyle(m): 5:25pm On Oct 10, 2006
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; (and of course, I submit to you that every Man is the bishop of his home cool)

what does this statement imply?, i did not say the bible encourages polygamy,my argument is that it was not categorically stated, that men must marry one wife, 1 Timothy 3.2, is encouraging monogamy, but has not said polygamy is a sin!! smiley, in the beginning God created Adam, and he gave him only one wife Eve, but in the bible after Genesis, there were cases of Men marrying more than one wife.there is no account to my knowledge in the bible were a woman married more than one husband at the same time, it is the situation that makes these things happen, when there is scarcity of men or other abnomalities, i am in the office right now, if i get home to my bible i would quote some verses for you to look at,
right now in our society there is scarcity of men, there seems to be more women ready for marriage than men available to marry them, problems like this is what gives rise to polygamy
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by waffistyle(m): 6:00pm On Oct 10, 2006
windywendy:

I still insist it is NOT a man thing. What then will you say of women who commit adultery? is it to boost their ego?? Afterall you've just cited the woman who committed adultery. She was married to another man (and that's why it's called adultery, not fornication).

undecided
A woman who commits adultery would be ashamed of herself, she has disgraced herself, let me add here that even till today been a virgin as a single girl is pride to her parents, in those days if a man gets married to girl he expects her to be a virgin, if she is not it was enough reason to divorce and return her back to her parents,
a woman who commits adultery do it for reasons bothering on economic issues or maybe she is a nymphomaniac, certainly not for ego,

A man who is married and wants a second wife, cannot be ashamed of himself, but he can only be ashamed if he wants to snatch another mans wife, maybe!
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by windywendy(f): 6:36pm On Oct 10, 2006
waffistyle:

what does this statement imply?, i did not say the bible encourages polygamy,my argument is that it was not categorically stated, that men must marry one wife, 1 Timothy 3.2, is encouraging monogamy, but has not said polygamy is a sin!! smiley, in the beginning God created Adam, and he gave him only one wife Eve, but in the bible after Genesis, there were cases of Men marrying more than one wife.there is no account to my knowledge in the bible were a woman married more than one husband at the same time, it is the situation that makes these things happen, when there is scarcity of men or other abnomalities, i am in the office right now, if i get home to my bible i would quote some verses for you to look at,
right now in our society there is scarcity of men, there seems to be more women ready for marriage than men available to marry them, problems like this is what gives rise to polygamy

First of all, 1Tim3:2 is NOT encouraging polygamy, it is commanding it -- notice the word MUST grin

Think differently a little bit my friend. Some of the scriptures i've quoted above imply that a man should have ONE wife -- the man shall cleave to his wife, not wives.

But let's just use this logic: God says adultery is SIN. How can adultery exist outside of polygamy?? Remember the way Jesus defines adultery in the bible is "looking at a woman to lust after her". Therefore just the idea of a married man running after another woman, whether married or not, to make her his wife is SIN. If adultery is sin, polygamy is therefore SIN -- remember, we're talking under the new testament dispensation, NOT the old testament because a lot of things changed with the advent of Jesus' death and ressurection cheesy

I won't bother responding to all that poppy cock about there being a scarcity of men and all that what not because it's all in your head. Statistics prove otherwise. Besides, it's not your business (or that of any married man) to "help out" females looking for husbands by marrying more wives cheesy. That's just plain rubbish and is a lame excuse for polygamy and adultery.

From God's standpoint, ANYONE who commits adultery, whether male or female, should be ashamed and will be ashamed when they stand before God, if they don't repent. The fact that you believe otherwise is totally insignificant and in no way excuses polygamy. Besides, you haven't answered my question as to why God's commandment not to commit adultery is not directed to men only or to women only. If truly adultery is a man thing, why would God give a universal command on that matter? Only sexually perverse people (both male and female) look for excuses to practice polygamy or commit adultery or have multiple sex partners.

But at the end of the day, I guess everyone is entitled to his own views shocked shocked
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by mukina2: 9:23pm On Oct 10, 2006
she leaves immediately
he has the chance to explain himself and i leave him without even a backward glance.
cuz if my man can Bleep my housemaid ,that means he has no controll over himself where women are concerned angry
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by Saddam: 3:05am On Oct 11, 2006
@sapphirre
Whats up Hw do I contact u

I got a question for u
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by sapphirre(f): 6:47am On Oct 11, 2006
hi saddam if you would like to contact me just send me an email on the forum, i will be notified about it
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by waffistyle(m): 8:32am On Oct 11, 2006
please lets get back to the Topic, maybe i would send a new Topic  IS POLYGAMY A SIN? so we can continue the debate there
grin
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by waffistyle(m): 8:55am On Oct 11, 2006
my advice to the woman is to try to be calm, dont take a rash decision, if he still has parents, or elder ones, you could go report the matter to them, and hear them, marriage is full of challenges, dont rush out of it,
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by mukina2: 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2006
yeah tell the elders and the next time it will be his secretary angry
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by waffistyle(m): 11:49pm On Oct 11, 2006
mukina2:

yeah tell the elders and the next time it will be his secretary angry

@ Mukina2
please then what do you advice?
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by mukina2: 11:57pm On Oct 11, 2006
i dont know about other ladies
but for me i'll leave.
its hard but i'll try
cuz i believe in trust and not love
their will no longer be trust for him in my heart
instead of living in pretence i'll rather leave,
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by waffistyle(m): 12:01am On Oct 12, 2006
@ Mukina2
i dont know if you are married,marriage is not a bed of roses, there must be ups and downs, you dont rush into it, and rush out at the slightest excuse, the man is her HUSBAND, and they swore to be together for better and for worse, for richer and poorer, in good health and in sickness grin, dont you feel the man needs help!!!!!and the wife is the best person to help him, he is obviously not thinking well, or there is a problem with her, they have to check themselves
i still stand on my advice, Go report him to his parents, or elder ones, and hear them, or you could put your emotions to check and talk about it with him, he should be her best friend, he should be able to tell her almost everything about himself,
she then could understand the problem, there is no sense in been rash and pack out of the house, or begin to fight the maid, or do something more stupid
the problem could be her!!! if she is not the problem then maybe she did not know her man well enough before marriage,
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by mukina2: 12:10am On Oct 12, 2006
yeah marriage is for better and for worse
but sleeping with our housemaid is taking it too far. angry
simple what if the husband caught the wife with the driver?
what would he do?
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by waffistyle(m): 12:16am On Oct 12, 2006
you want to trust a man with a woman??Is like trusting a Cat with Fish, i believe you live in Saudi, what is paradise to moslems? i was told that it is a place where man is married to 70 virgins, undecided, if i am wrong please correct me, A man values power and authority, a woman values dignity and Pride, A typical man does not see himself loosing power or authirity by sleeping with another woman, in fact in those days the more women you have in your harem the more powerful you seem, and even nowadays sometimes depending on the women it is an ego trip, the society would not look down on him, a typical woman feels she wouls loose her self pride and dignity if she becomes an easy lay, i used the word typical because there are exceptions to this theory in the modern world of today, and this is one of the reasons there are a lot of divorce cases, and other marital problems in the world today
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by waffistyle(m): 12:21am On Oct 12, 2006
even in the animal kingdom, among mamals the males dominate their environment, and in some cases kill themselves, in order to control the females, the females dont fight to control the men?,
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by mukina2: 12:26am On Oct 12, 2006
waffistyle those days are gone
and thank  God they will never come again.
for me even at this stage of boyfriends,if he cheats on me we end there and then.
you are talking here about the man that i'll share my heart,my home,my soul with so if he cheats we'll end, i'll need some space away from him.cuz i wouldnt be able to look at him without getting angry.

i know even in mammal world.the male dominate the females,
but in sleeping with our househelp is taking his powers too far
if he had caught me with the driver or gardner for example
the first words out of his mouth will be, i never knew you were a LovePeddler
pack ur things and leave angry
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by windywendy(f): 4:38am On Oct 12, 2006
waffistyle:

even in the animal kingdom, among mamals the males dominate their environment, and in some cases kill themselves, in order to control the females, the females don't fight to control the men?,

@waffistyle, your opinions and way of thinking never cease to baffle me  shocked shocked shocked. It seems to me like you're one of those men who will hold their wives to a higher standard when it comes to sexual morality -- i.e who never expect their wives to commit adultery (and probably will never forgive if the wife commits it) and yet at the same time will expect the wife to forgive and be understanding when he commits adultery. That's one-sided, hypocritical and crude.

Now listen, there's a reason humans do not live in the animal kingdom -- we're not like them. So what happens there stays there and cannot be translated to human-land. Human beings should have a higher standard of living and a much higher sense of morality.

From my own perspective, no cheating husband is worth staying with. I will NEVER stay with a cheating spouse. If my husband expects to trust me with men, then I should also expect to trust him with women. I work with men everyday who are much more handsome, richer, more intelligent etc than my husband, and who would even make advances towards me despite the fact that they know I'm married. But I'll never be stupid enough to go flirting or even cheating with them. I expect and demand the same from my husband in his relations with other women. Marriage is give and take, and any man that sets a higher standard for his wife when it comes to such issues, and yet he himself chooses to live by a lower standard is definitely insecure, unrealistic and hypocritical. That marriage can never work -- at least if the wife knows her worth. No right-thinking wife will take that at all, it's nonsense  shocked shocked shocked. A faithful wife wants (and deserves) a faithful husband. Period.

Forget all that BS you're saying about men being free to commit adultery, or all that crappy impression you're trying to give us about men being as helpless as "a cat with a fish" when it comes to maintaining fidelity. That's just plain rubbish. Men are made to be the leaders in the family, and it's their responsibility to keep the home intact and protect it from anything that can bring destruction. If men are as weak as you're trying to get us to believe, then God would be unfair to command holy matrimony (i.e. the marriage bed being undefiled) and would also be stupid to make the man the head of the family!! The man is the head of the family, his wife expects to look up to him, and he should set the example in the home rather than succumb to destructive behavior and begin to cover up with lame excuses (no right-thinking woman will accept a guy like that as her husband because it'll be difficult to respect him  angry)

The way I see it, you're just making excuses for sin and trying to be manipulative about it. Sell your wierd ideas to your village women (or other women that choose to fall for them), but definitely don't try coming out here to convince the educated world that what you're saying makes any sense at all.

Finally, if any man or woman commits adultery, it's HIS or HER fault entirely. You cannot blame your sins on someone else. Just as a man can give excuses and blame his adulterous behavior on his wife, the wife can also give excuses and blame her adulterous behavior on the husband, and the blame game can go on and on. But at the end of it all, the offender is merely deceiving him/her self. Anyone who cheats, cheated because they wanted to.

I don't envy your wife or wife-to-be at all. I'm assuming she's one of the women who buy into these your bizzare ideas. However in the unlikely event that you're neither married nor engaged to be married, I advise you don't go for any woman who knows her worth because the day you cheat on her, she'll dump you and find herself a more sensible guy. That's reality my brother, so wake up and smell the coffee  cheesy cheesy
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by sapphirre(f): 7:37am On Oct 18, 2006
windy its people like you that take advantage of women and i dont think that smartsorf is not such a nasty guy you fill his headd with things that will affect his life in the future.
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by waffistyle(m): 12:28am On Oct 24, 2006
@windywendy
i am happily married, and i would never by HIS GRACE sleep with my housemaid, my wife is a medical doctor, she is also not a village girl and might not completely agree with my views, but it remains the painful truth. please do a study the sex life of men that have been married for 3years, if they would be truthful at least 75% must have had extra-marital sex, and for the women, if they would be truthful, maybe less than 25%.
on my wedding day, i careful studied the vows, it was only the bride that was made to vow complete fidelity, which means complete loyalty, expecially as it concerns conjugal rights. in the case of the groom he vowed to wed, and honour his wife with his body and worldly goods. this means in exchange for financial security and social protection for the woman and her children the man demands complete fidelity.he would also be faithful, but not a condition for the union, that is why the word HONOUR was used. fidelity from the woman is the the no. 1 condition for most men to marry a woman, so they dont father bastards from other men,
the ability to provide for the home, is the no1 condition for most women to marry a man,
these are the basic agreements to most marriages.
the bible says a man that cannot provide for his family is worse than an infidel, the holy book did not say women.
so what do you think the man expects in return when he provides for his family? grin grin complete fidelity and loyalty

i can continue on and on, you no de give up haba grin grin
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by windywendy(f): 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2006
Your ideas and arguments are spineless and baseless to say the least. Also, your statistics are simply in your head. Studies show that the difference between men and women who have extramarital affairs is slight (men being about 5 to 7% higher), and that gap is even narrowing. But even this does not prove the point I'm trying to make, which is: No person who is serious minded about a marriage relationship will tolerate a cheating spouse.

First off, women demand and expect complete fidelity and loyalty from their marriage partners as much as men do. If you doubt this, try cheating on your wife and see if you'll still be happily married. Infact, if she's like me, she'll simply kick you to the curb and replace you with someone who has more sense than to go cheating  angry

What marriage vows did you use during your wedding? I presume you're a christian, and that would mean that you used the same ones that I must have used. In my marriage vows, both man and woman vowed to love and cherish, FORSAKE ALL OTHERS (that means sexual purity) and cleave to each other in sickness, health bla bla bla. It's amusing to me that you still hold on to your funny views even in the face of prepondering evidence. Assuming your wedding vows are correct, what does it mean to honor your wife with your body?? A man or woman who goes committing adultery is definitely not honoring their spouse with their body. There is absolutely no honor without fidelity or faithfulness.

Lastly, please stop making references to the bible to support your views. God DOES NOT CONDONE ADULTERY, and has made that clear in His word: Look at Heb. 13:4 Let marriage be held in honor (esteemed worthy, precious, of great price, and especially dear) in all things. And thus let the marriage bed be undefiled (kept undishonored); for God will judge and punish the unchaste [all guilty of sexual vice] and adulterous. And before you jump to conclusions, this instruction was not given to women only, but to married couples.

The conditions you have stated for both men and women to marry is just laughable. I am a woman, and I can definitely tell you that the number 1 condition that  I married my husband was NOT his ability to provide for me. Most women work and can cater for themselves. It is important no doubt, but definitely not number 1. So what would happen if at some point the man loses his job and can't provide for her financially for a while? will she leave him because of that?? Of course not, at least not most women. But if the man cheats on her, she's most likely to leave him for that reason alone. 

Your thought pattern is baffling. You're assuming that a woman puts financial provision from her man above fidelity  How ignorant can you get?? Do you honestly think most women are that dumb, and that most women say to themselves "I don't care if he cheats on me, as long as he can provide for my needs financially?? shocked shocked shocked. This is absolutely amazing!!! What then leads to all the breakup and divorces initiated by women?? shocked shocked Is it the man's inability to provide or is it the fact that he cheated?? The most common thread between men and women who initiate separation or divorces from their partners is the fact that the partner (whether male or female) cheated.

In the end, you're entitled to your own opinions though. But stop deceiving yourself about what you claim to know of women or marriage. Infact I 'll say you're completely ignorant of what women want and need from a marriage relationship. Fidelity is NUMBER 1 in the minds of most married people, otherwise why marry?? Why not live like animals and have as many partners as we want -- that'll definitely be a lot less stressful for both parties!!. But marriage implies forsaking all others and cleaving to one. Remember ,  the man shall LEAVE his father and mother and CLEAVE to his wife and the TWO shall become one. God is the author of marriage, and He commands faithfulness in it, both from the man and from the woman, in order for the marriage to work. Marriage cannot work any other way. A word is enough for the wise.

PS: Please don't continue on and on. Your ideas on marriage are absolutely false, chauvinistic, one-sided and archaic and no one in their right mind will buy into them. Even your wife doesn't, so that should tell you something about them ,  . And please, whatever you do, don't pass these wierd ideas onto your children. Marriage is honorable and sacred and should be regarded as such by all who want to enter into it. There's no excuse for cheating by either party. Contrary to your opinion, FAITHFULNESS TO ONE'S SPOUSE, BOTH ON THE PART OF THE MAN AND WOMAN, IS A CONDITION TO BEING HAPPILY MARRIED. Peace.
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by waffistyle(m): 9:09pm On Oct 24, 2006
@ windywendy
i did not say men should cheat on their wifes, i only said it was not a pre-condition for marriage most times, yes you are right women that cheat on their husbands are increasing daily, and the gap is getting narrow, while divorce cases are increasing, the traditional family uinit is getting destroyed, more men are not getting married, now it is women that go after men, i agree modernity brought about women, wanting to be like men. have equal rights as men, while solving some problems it is creating other more serious problems, every good also has its disadvantages, today because women can earn just as high if not higher than their husbands some times, SUBMISSION becomes a problem,they tend to want to set the rules and be in charge, this then brings a crack, then divorce, Do you understand the word SUBMISSION?, Or did the bible say men should also submit to their wifes?,
my aim is to advice the woman who caught her husband with her housemaid not to pack out of her husbands house, which is not good for her, she should submit 100% to him, which would build a stronger love in the man for her,

it is today we hear of women leaving their husbands because he is unfaithful, that was unheard of 50years ago, today we also hear strongly of homosexuality and lesbianism, which was not common or the indulgers hid themselves in shame in the past, look the times we live in now anything goes, that is why Women are now the ones proposing to men for marriage,
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by byatchbmae: 10:12pm On Oct 24, 2006
The nigga is getting castrated and so is the hieffer of a house maid. Yup! I will cut off her clitoris, and then I will cut of my husbands gbola and then i will feed it to the dogs.

Okpari!
Re: Caught Your Housemaid With Your Spouse by windywendy(f): 11:25pm On Oct 24, 2006
@waffistyle:

Submission has absolutely NOTHING to do with infidelity. The bible does not command a woman to submit to a husband who commits adultery, infact that is the ONLY basis that Jesus Christ allows for divorce in the bible!! That fact alone should tell you that FAITHFULNESS IS A PRE-CONDITION FOR MARRIAGE!! shocked shocked. Without that on the side of both the man and the woman, there can be no marriage, and the aggrieved spouse is FREE to leave the cheating spouse. The fact that women 50 or whatever number of years ago chose to stay with their cheating husbands does not change this fact in any way.

All that stuff you're saying about how that it is women now proposing to men and how that men are no longer getting married is all BS and is all in your mind. Marriages are taking place very regularly and lots and lots of men are still proposing.

And yes, I do understand the word submission. It originated from God and has been bastardized by men (I mean human beings in general). God, the originator says that Men are to love their wives LIKE CHRIST LOVES THE CHURCH. Also, Women are to submit to their husbands AS UNTO THE LORD. So love and submission in marriage is ALL in relation to Jesus Christ. With that kind of relationship, there is no fornication or adultery involved.

Stop whining about the fact that men can no longer behave the way they want in marriage because women are becoming more enlightened. Men have been entrusted with the leadership position in marriage and that means that they must be accountable for the well being of the marriage, just as Christ is accountable for the well being of the church as his bride. That type of leadership is righteous and sacrificial, not lustful and selfish. Just as Christ as the husband of the Church does not commit adultery against his bride (the church), men in loving their wives are NOT to commit adultery against them either. That's the type of righteous leadership that God demands of men in relationships. Good marriages belong to such men as are ready to take up that leadership challenge, and not for immature boys who think leadership in the marriage relationship is all about doing whatever fulfils their wanton sexually immoral fantasies. No woman is commanded of God to stay with such an immature boy, even if he's her husband.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Born Again Guy Beats Up His Fiancee / Bombshell As Fertility Study In Nigeria Shows Male Infertility Rates Higher / Must There Be A Fight/misunderstanding In A Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.