Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,514 members, 7,847,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:22 AM

Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) (34575 Views)

3 Students Of Ojukwu University Found Dead In Hostel / Adeshina Aishat: OAU Final Year Student Dies, Students Protest (Photos) / Police Arrest Officer, Nwachukwu Chinedu, Who Raped Abia Poly Student (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2021
JESHAL:

[s]Argue but don't trade insults, refute the central points of my argument with valid counterargument, these an anonymous forum, anyone is free to follow anyone, your central points are 2 , 1 in 5 and false rape which are both false, right based on the Metric for sampling those data's, men still are more victims of violent crimes regardless of the perpetrators, that's fact, my point is that valid crime statistics from FBI shows 1 in 1900 women are raped rather than 1 in 5, CDC statistics is open to many interpretations because of it's subjective metric based on the questions they asked the participants for the data sampling
[/s]

I'm not arguing with an incel. Go and make something out of your miserable existence.
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 24, 2021
Hyerin:
[/s]

I'm not arguing with an incel. Go and make something out of your miserable existence.

Ad hominems and Name calling are irrelevant to the discourse, I can simply say since you're a feminist and majority of people especially in Nigeria don't understand it and misinterprete it's meaning hence your argument is invalid
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kingcalls:

I dont argue with women cos they hv very low I.Q...bye

Modified...I just reply finish , open linda ikeji see this one ... mumu bitter girl

Look who's talking about very low I.Q, the projection is off the charts!!! grin

So one Facebook post (screenshot even) trumps statistics and empirical data? Okay oo undecided
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 02, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Do you really think I'll be typing the things I type on Nairaland if sounding sensible to misogynists was my end goal? Yes, I am bitter. If rape cases don't make you bitter, they do make me.

In defense of your herd, you felt the need to attack me for complaining that we aren't doing enough in speaking up against the rape culture. You were quick to call me senseless because I called out the Nairaland men folks for not being as vocal about the issue as they are about other subjects that put women in a bad light. But I'm almost certain you've never bothered to caution all the Nairaland boys who have made it their passion to reduce the opposite gender to nothingness. Do you know many "fear women" we would have read on this thread if a lady was the culprit? So tell me, what exactly have you done to fight against rape?

Sir, the rape culture is ugly and we can't keep treating the matter with kid gloves. Women are the victims and there's little they can do on their part to stop it. Only men can really put an end to the act and that will only only happen when we start holding each other accountable. But sadly, the men on here are more interested in looking for threads where they can bash women. Some even find ways to blame the victims when these rape stories are shared. And you're telling about some fight against rape. Where exactly is this fight? Dude, Nigeria is becoming unsafe for women and if you're upset that I am pointing that out, that's unfortunate, but what can I do?

Rape culture is a myth
It occurs but it is not common nor is it acceptable by the populace especially by majority of men
It is punishable under the law
Stop passing narratives trying to demonize men daily
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by WoundedLamb: 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2021
JESHAL:

Rape culture is a myth
It occurs but it is not common nor is it acceptable by the populace especially by majority of men
It is punishable under the law
Stop passing narratives trying to demonize men daily

Rape culture is a myth?

That's where I stopped reading. If you could type that, there's no point wasting my time here. Enjoy your day.
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Rape culture is a myth?

That's where I stopped reading. If you could type that, there's no point wasting my time here. Enjoy your day.

Yes the CDC statistics that claims 1 in 5 women are raped ( or sexually assaulted) is based on a flawed sampling metric that doesn't have replicability, the most objective metric for actual rape is the FBI statistics on it which is actually 1 in 2000 women that are victims of these crime

If raping was a culture or Systematic then it would be legalized and acceptable practice for the populace which it isn't, the news of outlier who engage in such behavior can't be used to stereotype the whole male gender as rapist, potential rapist or rape apologists
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by WoundedLamb: 3:57pm On Oct 02, 2021
JESHAL:

Yes the CDC statistics that claims 1 in 5 women are raped ( or sexually assaulted) is based on a flawed sampling metric that doesn't have replicability, the most objective metric for actual rape is the FBI statistics on it which is actually 1 in 2000 women that are victims of these crime

If raping was a culture or Systematic then it would be legalized and acceptable practice for the populace which it isn't, the news of outlier who engage in such behavior can't be used to stereotype the whole male gender as rapist, potential rapist or rape apologists

Wow... FBI monitors the rape cases in Nigeria too? It takes another level of heartlessness to ignore the glaring reality in Nigeria using the statistics from the United States of America as a backup. It's amazing how much one is willing to ignore when he is not on the receiving end.

I never for once stereotyped the entire male gender as rapists. Show me where I did that or stop grasping at straws. I am a man, believe it or not. I said there's no campaign against rape like there is against the female gender on this forum. That has always been my point. You can twist that as much as you want but the forum is here for all to see. I can spool out threads created by men just to bash women. I'd be surprised if you can get a couple of threads addressing the rape issue. And yet we read about this everyday. And when someone speaks out, you quickly mention FBI statistics in the United States of America. So what does the statistics say about Nigerian girls being useless? How many of those people that go around saying "fear than gender", "Nigerian girls are useless", etc. have you ever bothered to call out with statistics? But here you are dragging yourself cause one person call on the males here to be more vocal against rape.

Like I said, the rape culture is bad. From your write-up, I'm certain you don't have a clue what expression means. Nonetheless, it is bad and should get as much attention as possible.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2021
JESHAL:

The FBI statistics are cases reported to the police. It is not objective because most victims do not go to the police when they've been sexually assaulted.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Wow... FBI monitors the rape cases in Nigeria too? It takes another level of heartlessness to ignore the glaring reality in Nigeria using the statistics from the United States of America as a backup. It's amazing how much one is willing to ignore when he is not on the receiving end.

I never for once stereotyped the entire male gender as rapists. Show me where I did that or stop grasping at straws. I am a man, believe it or not. I said there's no campaign against rape like there is against the female gender on this forum. That has always been my point. You can twist that as much as you want but the forum is here for all to see. I can spool out threads created by men just to bash women. I'd be surprised if you can get a couple of threads addressing the rape issue. And yet we read about this everyday. And when someone speaks out, you quickly mention FBI statistics in the United States of America. So what does the statistics say about Nigerian girls being useless? How many of those people that go around saying "fear than gender", "Nigerian girls are useless", etc. have you ever bothered to call out with statistics? But here you are dragging yourself cause one person call on the males here to be more vocal against rape.

Like I said, the rape culture is bad. From your write-up, I'm certain you don't have a clue what expression means. Nonetheless, it is bad and should get as much attention as possible.

So you stereotype that all Nigeria males from specifically Nairaland males on an anonymous forum to justify a very absurd preposition of rape culture, with what metric do you use to determine these,based on news from media outlet not sound empirically statistically based evaluation,do you know the gravity of declaring something cultural and an epidemic without any evidence, I made reference to USA FBI statistics because the same feminist trope is propagated there but luckily they have a data base of reported rape victims, remember there is no law that enforces a code of rapist behavior among Nigerian men in the Constitution of Nigeria, these is just a propaganda to demonize men and damage the entire demographic of male reputation based on some outlier men that do these vile acts, we have several organizations and males that speak out against the act, just because they don't advocate on an anonymous forum doesn't mean all men generally are not sympathetic to the plight of rape victims
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2021
Hyerin:

The FBI statistics are cases reported to the police. It is not objective because most victims [/b]do not go to the police when they've been sexually assaulted.

Rape is a crime, it is punishable under the rule of law, people accused of the act must be giving fair trial to ascertain whether they are guilty or not, they are innocent until proven guilty, what empirical metric do you use to determine that the unreported victims are [b]many
, baseless speculation, let us even use common sense, if rape is a cultural norm by 1 of 5 on campuses which reasonable man will send his daughter to school, why will there be legally mandated affirmative action and quota policies for women in male dominated fields like tech,engr, military when women know they have 1 in 5 chances of rape or sexual assault , why are women working in the same environment as men, why are women in Western Societies comfortable in dressing in skimpy outfits in a rape culture, it doesn't even make any sense, being tagged a sex offender alone can damage your reputation for life, you do not know the gravity of espousing a rape culture, demonizing the male population to gain victimhood status based on the acts of outlier men who commit these vile acts, these behavior makes me very suspicious of any woman or movement who spread these propaganda
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2021
JESHAL:

[s]Rape is a crime, it is punishable under the rule of law, people accused of the act must be giving fair trial to ascertain whether they are guilty or not, they are innocent until proven guilty, what empirical metric do you use to determine that the unreported victims are many, baseless speculation, let us even use common sense, if rape is a cultural norm by 1 of 5 on campuses which reasonable man will send his daughter to school, why will there be legally mandated affirmative action and quota policies for women in male dominated fields like tech,engr, military when women know they have 1 in 5 chances of rape or sexual assault , why are women working in the same environment as men, why are women in Western Societies comfortable in dressing in skimpy outfits in a rape culture, it doesn't even make any sense, being tagged a sex offender alone can damage your reputation for life, you do not know the gravity of espousing a rape culture, demonizing the male population to gain victimhood status based on the acts of outlier men who commit these vile acts, these behavior makes me very suspicious of any woman or movement who spread these propaganda
[/s]

You have psychopathic tendencies. Rape victims often do not seek the police due to the fact that these authorities do not take these cases seriously. There's also the stigma attached to being one, fear, ongoing trauma responses etc so for you to be bringing up reported cases as accurate data is plain intellectual dishonesty.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by WoundedLamb: 6:39pm On Oct 02, 2021
JESHAL:

So you stereotype that all Nigeria males from specifically Nairaland males on an anonymous forum to justify a very absurd preposition of rape culture, with what metric do you use to determine these,based on news from media outlet not sound empirically statistically based evaluation,do you know the gravity of declaring something cultural and an epidemic without any evidence, I made reference to USA FBI statistics because the same feminist trope is propagated there but luckily they have a data base of reported rape victims, remember there is no law that enforces a code of rapist behavior among Nigerian men in the Constitution of Nigeria, these is just a propaganda to demonize men and damage the entire demographic of male reputation based on some outlier men that do these vile acts, we have several organizations and males that speak out against the act, just because they don't advocate on an anonymous forum doesn't mean all men generally are not sympathetic to the plight of rape victims

Dude, it was very ridiculous of to use the statics of the US to argue about the situation of things in Nigeria. I live in North America, we can have that discussion if you want. But hinging your argument on the statistics of the FBI about a country in which you live is a desperate attempt to undermine reality. I know Nigeria. I follow up on abuse cases cause they specifically interest me. The number of rape cases in Nigeria has been on the rise in recent times. Lagos state reported about 40% increase last year from 2013. UNICEF states that 1/4 Nigerian women have been abused at some point. There are numerous other reports on the subjects with respect to Nigeria. You jumped all of them cause, according to you, they are false. The only one that appeals to you is the one that has nothing to do with Nigeria? Lol... How convenient.

Sadly, women who accuse men of rape have faced a lot of backlash on this platform and many other public forums. Oh... why is she reporting now that he's rich. Why did she go to his house in the first place? Are you sure this one is less than 18? Why was she dressed that way in that area? Why did she accept his gift? Etc. These are some of the comments you see by people here who are supposed to be protecting thier daughters and sisters. And when someone speaks up and say we should hold each other accountable the way we police the female gender, you took it upon yourself to attack the person? Honestly, this your youthful energy would have been more useful is had been used it to campaign against rape. The fact that you are even working so hard to water down the seriousness of rape in Nigeria speaks volume.

If you read my first comment you quoted, I specifically mentioned the things people type here against the female gender. I cannot speak for Nigerian men but I believe nairaland is a good sample to start with. If you're not OK with the fact that I am calling on Nairaland men to use the same energy we use to trashtalk women to condemn this ugly act, I'm sorry but that's your issue to worry about. I'll keep calling on people to join me in this campaign cause I have sisters at home.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 02, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Dude, it was very ridiculous of to use the statics of the US to argue about the situation of things in Nigeria. I live in North America, we can have that discussion if you want. But hinging your argument on the statistics of the FBI about a country in which you live is a desperate attempt to undermine reality. I know Nigeria. I follow up on abuse cases cause they specifically interest me. The number of rape cases in Nigeria has been on the rise in recent time. Lagos state reported 40% increase last year alone. UNICEF states that 1/4 Nigerian women have been abused at some point. They are numerous other reports on the subjects with respect to Nigeria. You jumped all of them cause, according to you, they are false. The only one that appeals to you is the one that has nothing to do with Nigeria? Lol... How convenient.

Sadly, women who accuse men of rape have faced a lot of backlash on this platform. Oh... why is she reporting now that he's rich. Why did she go to his house in the first place? Are you sure this one is less than 18? Why was she dressed that way in that area? Why did she accept his gift? Etc. These are some of the comments you see by people here who are supposed to be protecting thier daughters and sisters. And when someone speaks up and say we should hold each other accountable the way we police the female gender, you took it upon yourself to attack the person? Honestly, this your youthful energy would have been more useful is had been used it to campaign against rape. The fact that you are even working so hard to water down the seriousness of rape in Nigeria speaks volume.

If you read my first comment you quoted, I specifically mentioned the things people type here against the female gender. I cannot speak for Nigerian men but I believe nairaland is a good sample to start with. If you're not OK with the fact that I am calling on Nairaland men to use the same energy we use to trashtalk women to condemn this ugly act, I'm sorry but that's your issue to worry about. I'll keep calling on people to join me in this campaign cause I have sisters at home.

I want to know the metric of sampling the data that validated these statistics, I will research on the methodology of these research, till then I can't give an objective judgement or response to you, neither will I demonize the demographic of Nairaland males based on gender wars that exists on the forum
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by WoundedLamb: 6:57pm On Oct 02, 2021
JESHAL:

I want to know the metric of sampling the data that validated these statistics, I will research on the methodology of these research, till then I can't give an objective judgement or response to you, neither will I demonize the demographic of Nairaland males based on gender wars that exists on the forum

Please, stop grasping at straws, sir. Nobody ever demonized anybody. I called on us men to hold each account the way we police the ladies on this platform. I don't know why that spooked you in the first place to call me a bitter woman. But I'm not worried, I've been called worse. I take each conversation as an opportunity to shed light on issues that are rather under-discussed.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 02, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Please, stop grasping at straws, sir. Nobody ever demonized anybody. I called on us men to hold each account the way we police the ladies on this platform. I don't know why that spooked you in the first place to call me a bitter woman. But I'm not worried, I've been called worse. I take each conversation as an opportunity to shed light on issues that are rather under-discussed.

When did I say you are bitter
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by WoundedLamb: 7:16pm On Oct 02, 2021
JESHAL:

When did I say you are bitter

Oh.. that part wasn't you. You jumped halfway into my conversation with someone else. My apologies. I hope the other guy I was chatting with had the time to read through our chat. Regardless, my stance on the subject remains the same.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 02, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Oh.. that part wasn't you. You jumped halfway into my conversation with someone else. My apologies. I hope the other guy I was chatting with had the time to read through our chat. Regardless, my stance on the subject remains the same.

Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Elujoba Visits OAU All Hall Of Residence For Inspection (photos) / Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 2nd Edition / Daycare Centres, Primary Schools Remain Closed – Sani Aliyu, PTF Coordinator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.