Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,422 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) (34541 Views)

3 Students Of Ojukwu University Found Dead In Hostel / Adeshina Aishat: OAU Final Year Student Dies, Students Protest (Photos) / Police Arrest Officer, Nwachukwu Chinedu, Who Raped Abia Poly Student (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by CampussNews: 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2021
Abia state polytechnic students protest the alleged raping of an 18-yr-old female student of the institution by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) in Aba, Abia State.

The students who staged the protest today, September 23 at the school premises, were seen carrying placards with various inscriptions airing their grievances, Siggy reports.

They revealed that RRS officers had arrested six of their colleagues, three boys, and three girls at a lodge close to the school on Wednesday, September 22, but later released five of them after extorting them, leaving an 18-year-old girl behind.

The girl was later found hospitalized and in critical condition. According to the victim, she was raped by three officers while in detention.

The students also protested over non accreditation of some engineering courses. They blocked the Aba-Owerri Expressway during the protest.

Following the protest, the semester examination earlier scheduled to commence today has been postponed till further notice, gathered.

https:///policemen-rape-18-year-old-student-abia-poly-student-protest-hard/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeISsIZ3tTA

Abia Poly students protest alleged rape by police, non accreditation

Protesting students of Abia State Polytechnic, Aba yesterday brought academic activities to a standstill as they took over the Aba- Owerri road protesting the alleged rape of three female students of the institution by policemen attached to the Rapid Response Squad (RRS), in Aba.

This is even as the students also protested the non accreditation of the Civil Engineering department of the Polytechnic.

Some of the placards displayed during the protest include; “Say No to Rape”‘, “Sell this school and give us our money back”, among others.

The students of the Department of Civil Engineering lamented that they are being given certificates bearing Department of Building on graduation and urged the Abia State government and the management of the Polytechnic to expedite action to accredit the department to enable them graduate with certificates bearing Civil Engineering.

On the alleged rape of students by RRS operatives ,the students stated that three female students residing at a Lodge near the Aba North council headquarters were raped and taken to an undisclosed hospital in the area.

The students lamented that some personnel of the RRS team have been sexually assaulting them at their Lodge.

While addressing the protesting students, Rector of the Polytechnic, Prof. Kalu Osonwa, explained that he got information that the RRS men were assaulting students.

He vowed to ensure that no student is sexually harassed and promised that the management of the Polytechnic will look into the complaints, including the non accreditation of the department of civil Engineering.

Efforts to get the reaction of the Police Public Relations Officer,Abia State Command, Geoffrey Ogbonna, was unsuccessful as at the time of filing this report.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/abia-poly-students-protest-alleged-rape-by-police-non-accreditation/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by CampussNews: 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2021
See more photos on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by donbachi(m): 5:55pm On Sep 23, 2021
Fvcking naija

9 Likes

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Buoyancy127(m): 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2021
Purpose of the protests have changed.
The protests was about accreditation

Mr poster y

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by CampussNews: 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2021
Buoyancy127:
Purpose of the protests have changed.
The protests was about accreditation

Mr poster y

They protested over accreditation, yes. But do you know the full gist of what happened?! Always be ready to read and slow to talk.

Check out Siggy website for more updates

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Akporo1234: 6:32pm On Sep 23, 2021
Siggy always the one with the bad news undecided

The spirit of protest has come down heavily upon Nigerian Campus students nowadays.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2021
Sale this school and give us our money back , that guy go don see shege for thag school

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by centoke30(m): 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2021
Not surprised... Is it not aba again?
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by saintjimos(m): 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
The primary aim of the protest was for Engineering accreditation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2021
They’ve not burned down the station?

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Vulcanheph(m): 11:52pm On Sep 23, 2021
Sell this school and give us back our money grin cheesy grin cheesy

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by punisha: 12:07am On Sep 24, 2021
Exactly why people have no sympathy for them when they hear about them being killed.

53 Likes

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 1:11am On Sep 24, 2021
This is just so bad
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by WoundedLamb: 3:27am On Sep 24, 2021
I don't know why it's extremely difficult for us to hold each other accountable as men. We read about these rape issues EVERYDAY and either look the other way or blame the police, the religion or the ethnicity. But at the slightest provocation, we type "fear women", "Nigerian girls are useless", "that gender!", etc.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by MVLOX(m): 4:22am On Sep 24, 2021
Police again...

1 Like

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Codepain: 4:23am On Sep 24, 2021
WoundedLamb:
I don't know why it's extremely difficult for us to hold each other accountable as men. We read about these rape issues EVERYDAY and either look the other way or blame the police, the religion or the ethnicity. But at the slightest provocation, we typically "fear women", "Nigerian girls are useless", "that gender!", etc.
I don't know why some bitter women is making a mockery of fight again rape or where is the sense in this first paragraph of yours.
You sometimes comment sensibly but not today

4 Likes

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by WoundedLamb: 6:01am On Sep 24, 2021
Codepain:

I don't know why some bitter women is making a mockery of fight again rape or where is the sense in this first paragraph of yours.
You sometimes comment sensibly but not today

Do you really think I'll be typing the things I type on Nairaland if sounding sensible to misogynists was my end goal? Yes, I am bitter. If rape cases don't make you bitter, they do make me.

In defense of your herd, you felt the need to attack me for complaining that we aren't doing enough in speaking up against the rape culture. You were quick to call me senseless because I called out the Nairaland men folks for not being as vocal about the issue as they are about other subjects that put women in a bad light. But I'm almost certain you've never bothered to caution all the Nairaland boys who have made it their passion to reduce the opposite gender to nothingness. Do you know many "fear women" we would have read on this thread if a lady was the culprit? So tell me, what exactly have you done to fight against rape?

Sir, the rape culture is ugly and we can't keep treating the matter with kid gloves. Women are the victims and there's little they can do on their part to stop it. Only men can really put an end to the act and that will only only happen when we start holding each other accountable. But sadly, the men on here are more interested in looking for threads where they can bash women. Some even find ways to blame the victims when these rape stories are shared. And you're telling about some fight against rape. Where exactly is this fight? Dude, Nigeria is becoming unsafe for women and if you're upset that I am pointing that out, that's unfortunate, but what can I do?

34 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by CampussNews: 6:48am On Sep 24, 2021
This is an eyesore cry
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Kingcalls: 7:08am On Sep 24, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Do you really think I'll be typing the things I type on Nairaland if sounding sensible to misogynists was my end goal? Yes, I am bitter. If rape cases don't make you bitter, they do make me.

In defense of your herd, you felt the need to attack me for complaining that we aren't doing enough in speaking up against the rape culture. You were quick to call me senseless because I called out the Nairaland men folks for not being as vocal about the issue as they are about other subjects that put women in a bad light. But I'm almost certain you've never bothered to caution all the Nairaland boys who have made it their passion to reduce the opposite gender to nothingness. Do you know many "fear women" we would have read on this thread if a lady was the culprit? So tell me, what exactly have you done to fight against rape?

Sir, the rape culture is ugly and we can't keep treating the matter with kid gloves. Women are the victims and there's little they can do on their part to stop it. Only men can really put an end to the act and that will only only happen when we start holding each other accountable. But sadly, the men on here are more interested in looking for threads where they can bash women. Some even find ways to blame the victims when these rape stories are shared. And you're telling about some fight against rape. Where exactly is this fight? Dude, Nigeria is becoming unsafe for women and if you're upset that I am pointing that out, that's unfortunate, but what can I do?

Women like u hv made rape unbelievable sometimes cos they wanna get bk at men for their personal vendetta thereby hurting the real victims of rape like this one reported

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Codepain: 7:21am On Sep 24, 2021
WoundedLamb:

male nairalanders are against rape anytime a rape article hit nairaland they condemn it save for few.

https://www.nairaland.com/2763255/teenager-collapses-after-rape-60.

https://www.nairaland.com/2201319/abia-commissioner-allegedly-rapes-11

https://www.nairaland.com/6295438/47-year-old-man-jailed-life-raping

https://www.nairaland.com/2988333/girl-raped-neighbourhood-overnight-photo
Men vs we of fighting rape is a good way of making bad situations worse

7 Likes

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Kingluqman(m): 7:32am On Sep 24, 2021
Na wa oo.. zoo

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:45am On Sep 24, 2021
Sell this country and give everyone their own share

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by McOluOmo: 8:00am On Sep 24, 2021
Bahd Creations

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by J2381: 8:00am On Sep 24, 2021
It's not a mistake way back NWA sang the famous song: FUCK_ THA POLICE
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:01am On Sep 24, 2021
The girl was later found hospitalized and in critical condition. According to the victim, she was raped by three officers while in detention.

Auzubillah shocked shocked shocked

Are the modafokas dead yet ?

Bintowell:
Werey man
Men you mean ?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by QuickStandard: 8:01am On Sep 24, 2021
cool
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Trailblazer1(m): 8:03am On Sep 24, 2021
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:03am On Sep 24, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) by elmessiahs(m): 8:04am On Sep 24, 2021
Despite these police men being an endangered specie in South East, they continue unleashing mayhem to people.
In Rivers State they have continued the handiwork of sars especially back of chem uniport

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Iconic University Senate Buildings In Africa (photos) / Lagos State Scheme Of Work For Primary Schools / Vice-Principal Calls Out Student Who ‘Disrespected’ Him On Messenger (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.