Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,580 members, 7,843,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Why Is The South West Afraid Of Northern Candidate From PDP In 2023 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The South West Afraid Of Northern Candidate From PDP In 2023 (4998 Views)

Atiku Can’t Be Northern Candidate, Says Baba / In 2021, Ayu Promised To Resign If PDP Produces A Northern Candidate / 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The South West Afraid Of Northern Candidate From PDP In 2023 by masseratti: 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

You are just a layman and apparently a kid.. Was Jonathan the president of Bayelsa? Was he the president of the SW?

PDP zoned the house of reps speaker position to the SW and your own god tinubu manipulated your then ACN reps and sold the position to tambuwal/north and yet you people still heap the blame on GEJ!
If you know anything,you will remember how GEJ and OBJ got angry and went to the house only for the house to ask for forgiveness and saying they are independent!
Today Akinyemi Adeshina and Ngozi Okonjo Iweala are outstanding former GEJ's ministers and heading world organisations in different capacities and your ungrateful people still have the guts to say he abadined the SW!!!!
Again,what do you know?!
Gej had no say in that, that's left for the bouse members to decide, same thing occurred to APC in 2015,what Gej had say in as per appointments, he sidelined the way he SW that voted for him in 2011,how can you call that a betrayal. When they decided to vote for an alternative.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The South West Afraid Of Northern Candidate From PDP In 2023 by AfonjaConehead: 5:59pm On Sep 25, 2021
leokid866:

I know enough to see a snake when I see one.....Stay on course don't drag them into this ....yes they are outstanding people in their fields and this government has never shy away from supporting them......their current position today is a testament to that......we are talking about your darling jona and his inability to stick to his words.......he had failed in government and his loss showed it......the Senate and House of reps,has always been independent Saraki proved that well so let's not bring that here......

Saraki proved that well and ended up ostracized and taken to CCB panel by same APC! Did he end as an APC member? Was he returned to the senate in the next dispensation?

Saraki only capitalized on the rascality displayed by the tambuwal led housed masterminded and orchestrated by your Demi god tinubu..
When saraki was senate President,who was president and who was the speaker of the house? What region are they all from? Weren't they all from the north? Does that make any political or any sense to you at all especially in a country like naija?
Will the north accept it if all leaders,the president,the senate President and the speaker are all southerners?

Saraki yen yen yen proved yen yen that yen yen yen...

Ejo e kuro loju mi jare, taleleyi gan!!! E lo wa egbe e,go look for akamu,thank you very much..

Look at another confused one below lamenting and whining!!!! Left for the house to decide and the majority will always have their way everytime leaving the minority outside!! How brainy you are!!!!
Nigerians and frustrations!!!!
Re: Why Is The South West Afraid Of Northern Candidate From PDP In 2023 by bobowaja(m): 6:15pm On Sep 25, 2021
leokid866:

Lol.....see that tone of grandiose is what is killing the region but ya'll never learn....it's all good carry on.....just let me ask is it with your site at home during elections you plan to use others?
I am not Ibo. I am a confirm Yoruba boy. And we Yoruba are not scared of taking what belongs to us. We don't beg or ask. We take from the stake we contributed to. That is politics.
Re: Why Is The South West Afraid Of Northern Candidate From PDP In 2023 by oyatz(m): 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2021
NaijirianKing:
Don't worry.

Field a christian-southern-pastor against a Northerner and we will see the outcome.

This didn't answer the questions I asked.
Re: Why Is The South West Afraid Of Northern Candidate From PDP In 2023 by NaijirianKing: 6:52pm On Sep 25, 2021
I can't
Re: Why Is The South West Afraid Of Northern Candidate From PDP In 2023 by leokid866: 7:21pm On Sep 25, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

Saraki proved that well and ended up ostracized and taken to CCB panel by same APC! Did he end as an APC member? Was he returned to the senate in the next dispensation?

Saraki only capitalized on the rascality displayed by the tambuwal led housed masterminded and orchestrated by your Demi god tinubu..
When saraki was senate President,who was president and who was the speaker of the house? What region are they all from? Weren't they all from the north? Does that make any political or any sense to you at all especially in a country like naija?
Will the north accept it if all leaders,the president,the senate President and the speaker are all southerners?

Saraki yen yen yen proved yen yen that yen yen yen...

Ejo e kuro loju mi jare, taleleyi gan!!! E lo wa egbe e,go look for akamu,thank you very much..

Look at another confused one below lamenting and whining!!!! Left for the house to decide and the majority will always have their way everytime leaving the minority outside!! How brainy you are!!!!
Nigerians and frustrations!!!!
so you are saying APC was the majority in the Senate and house of reps under Jona? even when there was major defection in 2015 the pdp members still conieved amongst themselves to seize the Senate presidency so what are you talking about......and tambuwal was pdp at that point he wasn't even fresh at that point. Whatever support he got was good for him......the house of reps chose as did the Senate in 2015.....
Re: Why Is The South West Afraid Of Northern Candidate From PDP In 2023 by 00FFT00(m): 4:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
NaijirianKing:
The fact is that the North is looking for fairness and balance. The NC has been left out in the cold, and rather than doubling down, the North has decided to make the NC the flagbearer, this is fair.

The southern unity is based on a farce that other parts of the south are not falling for. the SE is yet to produce a president or even a VP, and yet the SW is pushing southern unity to bring about a SW candidate and yet you are criticizing the North for pushing for a NC presidential candidate?

Where does the deception end and truth begin? People are wiser now, the North is offering the NC the Presidency and the SE the VP, who has a better deal for either zones? The SW wants the presidency at the expense of the south and that will lead to failure.

Politics is not about sentiments but offering people what is in their interest. It is not in the interest of the SE/SS for the SW to once again have the presidency after voting against the SS and trying to move in front of the SE to have the presidency twice before that region has it once. If the SW was truly for unity of the south they would line up behind the SE and push a southern candidate.

The North may be behind in certain areas, but the North understands politics and how the game is played. NC Presidency and SE VP is the winning ticket. The SW is politically on an island, not embraced by the greater south and positioning themselves against the North. You see where that will leave you.

Enough talk.

Even a blind man would have seen and had enough of your NC president and SE VP crap. What makes you think NC deserves to be president and SE vice?. Because you are more achieving or have contributed more to Nigeria than SE or what exactly is your measurement.

What calculation of yours is that premised upon?. Quit trying to be smart by half and say it like it is. The real problem as I see it are the Yoruba whose greed and insecurity have not allowed Nigeria to move forward. As it was in the 60's, so it is today.

My own father told me, and I'm also witnessing it myself. Olusegun Obasanjo was Nigeria's president for 8 years with massive Igbo votes to boot. Word has it that more Igbos voted for him than his own people. Yemi Osinbajo is currently the vice president, and Mr Gbajabiamila is the speaker of the house. All Yoruba sons.

And you still want to occupy the highest office right after that with your Tinubu. How greedy can you get?. The rest of us are what exactly?. I think these guys ought to first apologize to the south for betraying them in 2015. Same reason I will never support Chibuike Amechi as president.
Re: Why Is The South West Afraid Of Northern Candidate From PDP In 2023 by foreman: 6:30am On Sep 30, 2021
NaijirianKing:
This could happen, but with the realities on ground and the Igbo phobia that permutates most tribes, it would have to be a baby step before seeing a President of SE extraction.

The SE already controls commerce and the economy at a base level, the last thing Nigerians are trying to do is hand over the political structure to a group who controls the economy, what if they do something to control politics forever. One group having both control of the economy and politics would be unfair to others. These are the fears among Northern Nigerian elites. Many of our fathers lost friends, family and still remember the horrors of fighting the Easterners, there is still a sense that these people can do anything at any time. There is a fear and a respect, but the fear is greater. The new generation doesn't have as much fear for easterners as our fathers, but this will take time, I'm sure you understand.

A well performing VP of SE extraction may dissuade fears of Southeasterners in such a position, allowing in the future for such to happen. Politics is about realities not wishes.

If the entire south was unified behind a president of SE extraction, and then worked hard to sell the project to the North, then such could happen. If the numbers were there, we would have to accept such a candidate.

However, southern unity is a farce as "unity" according to the SW means the south supporting the SW to take a position that the others in the south are yet to have. Northern unity means NE/NC gets a position they have never held and SE gets the VP position, a position that they have not held in this democracy.

NE/NC candidate is simply more electable to the masses than SE. Politics is all about realities on ground. Under a Northern alliance the SE will get the VP, what will the SE get in an alliance with the SW? The SE man is politically wiser and is making smart moves to ally with the North at a time when the SW has become hostile to the North (Sunday Igboho, Oduduwa, Ameotekun, Anti-grazing, etc.)

I see through your bullshit trust me. You are Fulani supremacist trying to play on Igbo intelligence. Best of luck with your greed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Lawyers And Judges Wearing White Wigs / The Guardian Publisher, Alex Ibru Dies At 66 / Kenyan Aglican Pastor Caught Cheating With Another's Wife.(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.