Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,942 members, 7,828,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month (7262 Views)

Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? / How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by PuZZyNegro: 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2021
BabyGhoul:

Everything in this world is saturated but there is always space for newcomers to put their own personal twist on things.
I had the reverse with Fiverr. For some reason, I just can't understand that platform but Upwork has been good to me.

Giveaway ke? undecided grin
My parents are the ones taking care of their extended families. The meagre sum I insist on giving them is strictly for them to spoil themselves with.
As for tithe, my church has an effective charitable wing so I am assured that it is put to good use.
Per my siblings, they love calling at all times to ask for things with school. So allocating that budget to them frees me from dipping into my savings whenever they call.

Buying a car now won't make sense because I rarely go out. Building a house will mean I have to stay in a place permanently and ion like dat. Renting gives me the freedom to move anywhere. I want to travel around the world one day while working.

Won't mention my tribe but my state has a beach grin

Sounds funny but I can bet that you are not Igbo. Needless to say that you are not Yoruba either. So, any other tribe can fit the narrative you've given.

Well, I agree with you that you don't need a car as a freelancer simply because you are outside Lagos and you are a lady.

As a guy, hanging out with girls, you need a car.

Being in Lagos, I use my car for Uber driving on Sundays to kill boredom and keep the engine and battery running while earning extra income. This is not what you will consider as a lady.

Can you people cut this Upwork soap give me na? embarassed

1 Like

Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by PuZZyNegro: 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2021
johnpablo541:

I agree that the Freelance space is saturated, I wished I came earlier though. How una take dey get job for Fiverr self. I have made only about $850 on Fiverr, but for Upwork I have made almost $4K there this year, and about $5K outside Upwork.

Freelancing no easy o, it keeps someone awake sometimes late into the night.

I don't keep late nights anymore. I did that when I started out.

How do you people grind it in this Upwork place. Or is it me that is not paying enough attention to it. I guess it's because I am used to Fiverr system and it works for me.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by PuZZyNegro: 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2021
bukatyne:

@bold:

You don't see ladies around you doing the above?

Besides, why should the OP who works from home and is an introvert in her words buy a car in Oshogbo?

The keyword here is Oshogbo. I know many freelancers that own a car. People go to church, market, outing, travel, etc.

So, there are a lot of places to go with a car or is the OP not using public transport when commuting?
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by lottomkyes200: 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2021
There are people who earn 20k monthly with family so keep quiet
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by seankim(m): 6:15pm On Sep 25, 2021
Nice read. Cost of living is pretty much these days.
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by MMotimo: 8:02pm On Sep 25, 2021
bukatyne:

@bold:

You don't see ladies around you doing the above?

Besides, why should the OP who works from home and is an introvert in her words buy a car in Osogbo?

I wonder undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by MMotimo: 8:10pm On Sep 25, 2021
The OP is doing well.
She knows the first rule - do not do anything for the sake of impressing the Joneses. If more Nigerians reason like she does and just exercised some financial discipline, they would have more money.

A car is a depreciating asset that would just gobble up her money. She would have to pay for regular maintenance and gas at the minimum. If she buys brand new, the dealerships will strangle her with their charges. If she buys a used vehicle, the roadside Kazeems won’t be any kinder. Some people, if they really thought about it, can trace their money struggles to the first vehicle they bought in their life - wiped out their savings and the recurring expenses just impoverished them. Never buy a car unless you really need one and make sure your income can accommodate the future expenses for it. Transportation is a means to an end, only buy what you can afford.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by Ishilove: 9:07pm On Sep 25, 2021
johnpablo541:

One thing with Freelancing is a lot of peeps will want to join and start cashing out immediately. They will be like come teach me freelancing na. And when you give them something to read they will run away. I gave a friend Venzal's guide to freelancing some months ago, he read a few pages and told me it is too long, that reading is not his thing. That i should show him a faster way to do this thing jare.

Freelancing no easy o, but it pays. Signed up on Upwork late last year. Couldn't land a gig till early this year, at a point a was almost giving up cos I had used up my free connect and even bought connect. After my first job, it's been jobs back to back. I am not a pro yet but i average about $800 to $1200 monthly.
Tried the Upwork thing and immediately got bored. I guess some of us are not cut out for freelancing.

1 Like

Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by dobnina(f): 10:15am On Sep 26, 2021
Terone:
Owu go soon kiss you, spend all, no save/invest. You own the company and can never be sacked undecided
This guy is a scammer with different monickers.
The mods have been deleting all his previous monickers but he keeps opening new ones to scam more people.
Be careful with him.
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by Betboss(m): 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2021
BabyGhoul:
It really has.

Thank you smiley

If you don't mind, how much do you charge for 2k words?
And can you write on any topic?
Are you seo inclined? (Not a must though, I can give you a framework)
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by Gobengroup(m): 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2021
BabyGhoul:

Everything in this world is saturated but there is always space for newcomers to put their own personal twist on things.
I had the reverse with Fiverr. For some reason, I just can't understand that platform but Upwork has been good to me.

My parents are the ones taking care of their extended families. The meagre sum I insist on giving them is strictly for them to spoil themselves with.
As for tithe, my church has an effective charitable wing so I am assured that it is put to good use.
Per my siblings, they love calling at all times to ask for things with school. So allocating that budget to them frees me from dipping into my savings whenever they call.

Buying a car now won't make sense because I rarely go out. Building a house will mean I have to stay in a place permanently and ion like dat. Renting gives me the freedom to move anywhere. I want to travel around the world one day while working.

Akwa ibom.. Prove me wrong.. �
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by BabyGhoul: 11:35am On Sep 27, 2021
Betboss:

Sorry but I can't take on any jobs now. I am really swamped with work.
Thanks for the offer, though.

3 Likes

Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by Betboss(m): 1:57pm On Sep 27, 2021
BabyGhoul:
Sorry but I can't take on any jobs now. I am really swamped with work.
Thanks for the offer, though.
It's,okay.
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by Amwitty(f): 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2021
chatinent:

I once conducted a training. I charged ₦10k for the full training.

Some of my students are cashing out now. In fact, I have a training on getting an approved Upwork account..and landing your first gig.

Think big.
Please I need such jobs show me the way
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by temblor1(m): 5:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
Betboss:

Please can I work for you?
Checked your profile.
Thank you.
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by chatinent: 6:36pm On Sep 27, 2021
Amwitty:

Please I need such jobs show me the way

Send a message on WhatsApp.
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by Integral501: 5:16pm On Oct 01, 2021
johnpablo541:

One thing with Freelancing is a lot of peeps will want to join and start cashing out immediately. They will be like come teach me freelancing na. And when you give them something to read they will run away. I gave a friend Venzal's guide to freelancing some months ago, he read a few pages and told me it is too long, that reading is not his thing. That i should show him a faster way to do this thing jare.

Freelancing no easy o, but it pays. Signed up on Upwork late last year. Couldn't land a gig till early this year, at a point a was almost giving up cos I had used up my free connect and even bought connect. After my first job, it's been jobs back to back. I am not a pro yet but i average about $800 to $1200 monthly.
Boss,abeg u fit share me this venzals guide
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by folake4u(f): 9:03pm On Oct 16, 2021
This is an interesting thread. smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by chioma8(f): 8:14am On Oct 17, 2021
johnpablo541:
teach me pls

Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by CountVersailles(f): 3:00pm On Oct 17, 2021
[quote author=BabyGhoul post=106137183][/quote]
Wow! I'm impressed. You show incredible dedication and perseverance.

I'm sure you won't listen though. But that tithe thing is rubbish. That's the only minus I see in your outline. Don't let pastors swindle you. But then, without the constant motivation you get from listening to them, you may not be where you are today. However, you can also give yourself that motivation without pastors.
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by cochtrane(m): 3:17pm On Oct 17, 2021
MMotimo:
The OP is doing well.
She knows the first rule - do not do anything for the sake of impressing the Joneses. If more Nigerians reason like she does and just exercised some financial discipline, they would have more money.

A car is a depreciating asset that would just gobble up her money. She would have to pay for regular maintenance and gas at the minimum. If she buys brand new, the dealerships will strangle her with their charges. If she buys a used vehicle, the roadside Kazeems won’t be any kinder. Some people, if they really thought about it, can trace their money struggles to the first vehicle they bought in their life - wiped out their savings and the recurring expenses just impoverished them. Never buy a car unless you really need one and make sure your income can accommodate the future expenses for it. Transportation is a means to an end, only buy what you can afford.

Good words! Couldn't have said it any better.
For most people in Nigeria, the desire to own a car centers chiefly around impressing people. If the need doesn't call for it, there's no reason to own one. But many will manufacture this need nevertheless.

1 Like

Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by cochtrane(m): 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2021
BabyGhoul:

I really like your outlook of life. It's admirable.
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by Cedarlivia(f): 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2021
You're doing well, gaskiya @BabyGhoul

Nairaland is full of valuable information o. Learnt freelancing on that Venza's thread. Started off early 2020 on Fiverr, Upwork and Peopleperhour. Slowed down on Upwork after blowing away my free connects. Fiverr is a destiny-waster (I can't charge £20 for 500 words on another platform and charge $5 for the same work, mbanu). PPH is da best for me. Wish I could get back on Upwork, though.
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by Ijayaa(m): 3:28pm On Nov 04, 2021
Where re you at in osogbo.
Am in osogbo too.
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by AMumAndMore(f): 10:29am On Nov 05, 2021
How to Become a Freelance Writer and Get Paid From Home

[url]
https://amumandmore.com/get-paid-as-a-freelance-writer/[/url]
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by Lucrativress(f): 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2021
[quote author=BabyGhoul post=106137183][/quote]
This your thread is a motivator
Nice one cheesy
Re: How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month by johnpablo541(m): 3:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
BabyGhoul:

one beach abi plenty beaches? I grew up in a town with beaches.

(1) (2) (Reply)

1 / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A 'last Born' In A Family? / Does Your Spouse Know Your Username On Nairaland Forum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.