Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,212 members, 7,846,019 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

To My Esteemed Southern Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To My Esteemed Southern Governors (561 Views)

Miyetti Allah: Southern Governors Confused, Face IPOB Terrorists, Leave Herders / Southern Governors Ban Open Grazing, Call For National Dialogue / 15 Out Of 17 Governors Present In Southern Governors Forum Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To My Esteemed Southern Governors by Validated: 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2021
My dear southern governors, we are delighted by the fact that you are meeting irrespective of political parties. The decision on anti-open grazing is excellent. That added to the fact that several states have embraced this by enacting laws to back it is splendid. I felt very proud the day I got to know that the South could also meet like their northern counterpatrs.
Again, I would like to commend your position on VAT collection by states. Every Southerner that is not a slave of the north should suppprt this course. Perhaps this is the time to have a team of technocrats and legal luminaries to undertake a deeper study of the Nigeria constitution, which I learn was partially "dubbed" from the US document and amended a little. There might still be some provisions that have captured our much sought after restructuring that are latent, hence need to be pursued. I have also seen our keen interest in standing firm against the FG's several subtle plans on landgrabbing for the fulanii ethnic groups. We do not hate any tribe ir ethnic groups, infact every Nigerian should be allowed to do their business anywhere, but must ply their trade without endangering others or grabbing their ancestral land. This will not be acceptable, so thank you.
The last and more important note of mention is the push to ensure the south produces the next president, cime 2023. This again is very laudable, howbeit, distractive and a likely straw that could scatter this alliance. It would have been left for the two main political parties to sought out, however, since the governors have brought this to the fore, then, it obviously needs to be discussed.
The south as we know it is made up of three geopolitical regions/zones. In no particular order, SE, SS and SW. Each of these regions is rightfully entitled to the presidency if a Southerner must become predident. However, I percieve some deceits amongst the governors. It smarks of ambiguity for the Southern governors and by extension, the southerners to be raising their voices in suppot of southern ptesident on the alter of JUSTICE & EQUITY, but silent on the inequuty in the south. Now, how do we define equity? Equity is not the same as equality. Just a little digression. Take for example 3 individuals, a little person (dwarf), a person of normal hieght and a third person who is very tall (above average height). Assume that these three persons were required to pluck say mango from a tall tree. If you want to prove equality to these three, you can provide them with a pole of equal length. At that point, you provided them tools of equal size, but that does not prove equity. To prove equity, you need to provide additional support to the little person, so he can gain same height with the tall person. The same with the normal person. That way, you are not just providing equal tools, you are being equitable. That said, let us examine justice. Justice is an extension of being JUST. In fact, you cannot have justice without fairness. If you want to be just, you must be fair and be seen to be fair. This analysis meant just to open our heart to where we Southerners and indeed our governors may fail and this 'romance' or marriage become irreconciable and collapse.
If the Sotherners really mean that the president must come from the South, then Equity and Justice demands that the South should deliberately zone it to the South East.
Yes, you read it loud and clear. If we preach justice and equity to the North, but 'charity' does not reside in our homes, we are most miserably deceitful to ourselves. Why do I say this? The SW had eight years of presidency under OBJ. Again, by 2023, it would have had another eight years of vice-presidency. My SS brother, GEJ was president for 6 years, though, we Southerners helped to truncating his rule, a story for another day. So, my governors if we down south cannot practise equity and justice, do we have the moral rights or justification to preach it to the north? When the north say the South are preaching and making laws they cannot enforce, can you not see WHY? They know us to be deceitful and never honest. They know that our greed and selfish interests will make them to be ruling us as much as they wish. In fact, they decide who gets what in the south because, let me tell you the bare truth, we are not reliable. We pursue more of me, my people than 'we', our people.
My point is, stop all the noise about South MUST produce the president in 2023, except we are sure that equity will prevail. If yes, make it plain, that the SE has the turn. Let them look for their best. In 1999, after the MKO/IBB debacle, Nigeria sought a political solution, God bless Abdulsalam. The parties deliberately gave their tickets to SW, Olu Falaye and Obasanjo. I voted Falaye, though he lost. So, going into 2023, the South should do a proper soul searching, otherwuse we are on a wild goose chase to 2023. The north might take ut again for anither 8 years.
Here is therefore calling on my Gov Dr. Okowa, Gov Diri, Gov Wike, Gov, Ayade (though on the fringe), Gov Udom Emmanual and Gov Obaseki, to stop attebding this meeting if the Sothern governors cannot be bold enough to sound the knell to all that in the spirit of equity and justice, it is the turn of the South East geopolitical zone. This is my stand and you care to criticize me, call me any name, plrase do, but when you lie down on your bed tonite, let your conscience be free so that, that little truth in you would remind you that this is the TRUTH
I hereby "drop mi mic". God bless!
Re: To My Esteemed Southern Governors by chatinent: 1:17pm On Sep 25, 2021
I didn't read it.

Why?

It will make no difference to them. Human government has failed.
Re: To My Esteemed Southern Governors by edochie12: 7:07pm On Sep 25, 2021
You are right,akeredolu have been hosting meeting of southern governors,in order to get southern presidency,if they can't micro zone it to south east,then they are talking baldadash
Re: To My Esteemed Southern Governors by Odua1stson: 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2021
Typical igbo gibberish
Yoruba man will become your president and nothing you wailers from that part of nigeria can do to stop it, you all can leave nigeria and move to afghanistan if you don't like it. Wailing here on nairaland can't stop we yorubas
Re: To My Esteemed Southern Governors by Validated: 2:49am On Sep 26, 2021
Odua1stson:
Typical igbo gibberish
Yoruba man will become your president and nothing you wailers from that part of nigeria can do to stop it, you all can leave nigeria and move to afghanistan if you don't like it. Wailing here on nairaland can't stop we yorubas
Typical Yoruba mentality. You are quick to forget that Awo lost severally because Igbos refused to support him. You are quick to forget that the SS are waiting to pay you in same coin you paid their son GEJ. We are waiting to see how SW alone will win the presidency in 2023. The stupid talk about Southern presidency is gibberish, if it is not micro-zoned to SE.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Just The President Of Northern Nigeria Not South – Ilana Omo Oodua / Northern Politicians And The False View Of Political Power / Arrival Of Olusegun Oni At P D P Secretariat For Forms Submission #2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.