Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision (63195 Views)

Anthony Joshua Lost To Oleksandr Usyk By Split Decision / Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 25, 2021
Congratulations to the new Unified WBO Heavyweight Champion Oleksandr Usyk, who defeated Anthony Joshua by unanimous decision. Scorecards: 117-112, 116-112, 115-113

World Boxing Organisation

Anthony Joshua suffered the second loss of his career at the hands of a brilliant Oleksandr Usyk on a thrilling night at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Usyk started the stronger, landed a string of excellent body shots and moving around the ring with ease.

Joshua then began to work his way into the fight in the middle rounds, landing some blows that got the crowd going.

But Usyk turned the momentum round and began to land yet more convincing blows to the Brit, whose right eye was badly injured towards the end of the bout.

Both fighters gave it their all, and Usyk went on the front foot in a thrilling final round.

Usyk broke down in tears when the decision was announced
All three judges awarded a win to Usyk, and the result did not come as a surprise following a brilliant performance.

The star, who has only had two fights at heavyweight, broke down in tears after the decision was announced.

Joshua has lost his WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight titles.

SOURCE

9 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by chatinent: 11:17pm On Sep 25, 2021
Boxing is really funny.

How can you be a professional at damaging people's face? Mehn..

DJ Cuppy have finally tried! Nonsense and ingredients.

266 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Bjteensdes24: 11:18pm On Sep 25, 2021
Chai

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by rottennaija(m): 11:19pm On Sep 25, 2021
What has AJ been training and posting pictures and videos all these while? He fights like someone without energy during the last stages

279 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by wizdomnzube(m): 11:21pm On Sep 25, 2021
Just finished watching this match on my phone and I can say that this AJ can never defeat Tyson Fury with what I just witnessed tonight.

Dude is boring and was outclassed by the smart Usyk.

361 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Upton: 11:21pm On Sep 25, 2021
Sad but expected

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by CornOak(m): 11:22pm On Sep 25, 2021
wizdomnzube:
Just finished watching this match on my phone and I can say that this AJ can never defeat Tyson Fury with what I just witnessed tonight.

Sadly agreed.

The loss is deeply painful and seems like another psychological breakdown for him.

However, I believe he will bounce back. smiley

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Upton: 11:23pm On Sep 25, 2021
It was a poor performance from Joshua's end though. I don't think he is good enough to face Fury or Wilder. Usyk outclassed him
wizdomnzube:

130 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by rottennaija(m): 11:24pm On Sep 25, 2021
wizdomnzube:

Exactly. I used to rate this guy high, but he doesn't seem to impress at big stages.

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by dominique(f): 11:24pm On Sep 25, 2021
At least he wasn't knocked out embarassed

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Pidginwhisper: 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
AJ is a fraud!! He doesn’t deserve to hold the title. He got rocked by a cruiserweight boxer from beginning to the end in front of home fans. He’s a disgrace to that division. He won’t last 5 rounds against either Wilder or Fury. Such a bum.

158 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by kenzysmith: 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
Instead of this guy to be serious with is career he is busy snapping pictures with DJ cuppy up and down so Na so u wan take fight Tyson fury? lol
Nigerians were busy hyping this Joshua for me this guy can't withstand doetany wilder talk more of rugged Tyson fury. the guy na heavy ote

241 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Upton: 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
dominique:
He was beaten like he stole in the market.. lol

228 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
I believe his loss had everything to do with his training camp; a pure technical deficit.

It's obvious his coach McCracken can't take him to the next level of his career and he played according to the script all through the fight. If AJ must evolve, he needs to change his coach and reinforce his technical team.

I am emotionless, I am not shocked, but I won't blame AJ much. Usyk outclassed him tonight, 70-30, no cap.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by jojofola: 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
Nawa

Na only for Glo adverts AJ dey really box.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Ikpemalueziokwu(m): 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
Stay away from cuppy. Him no hear

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by kenzysmith: 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
dominique:
but they defeat am when is opponent was training for this fight Joshua was busy knacking olosho. Watch the fight the guy nearly faint am

43 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Leetika: 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
Nigerian fraud. Made me lost my 6million I suppose use do wedding... how do you let A cruiser weight that just came to heavy weight school you like a child.. they beat am like pounded yam. A.J is just a celebrity boxer . E no sabi fight after his first loss with Andy Ruiz. But because u be naija guy I say make I get hope for you. Now 6million I no get, marriage I no get, fiancé go leave me too .. no I am not crying o chai

125 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by wizdomnzube(m): 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
rottennaija:

Exactly. I used to rate this guy high, but he doesn't seem to impress at big stages.
Bro, ain't gonna lie, he wasn't impressive at all. No tactics, no game plan. He was damn boring and the Ukrainian got the best of him in almost all of the rounds.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Missy89(f): 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
What a bum

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by usecondom(m): 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
AJ is done. Nothing is left in him as a fighter. Tyson Fury will send him to his death.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by patriotic007: 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
Joshua is the most lazy heavy weight boxer I have ever seen in my life.....no stamina no brute Force no body movement nothing......how did he get those belts at the first place.....I think the world boxing body should investigate Joshua for bribery......I regret watch his fight live for the first time.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by greencard: 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
Poor outing for AJ

Lazy man fight , no aggression, nearly fell in last round if no be say dem nak bell

Not that the other guy was any better tho, he just took advantage of Joshua lazy front and do small gra gra get close touches

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by PointZerom: 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
grin
Usyk almost killed Joshua if not that Buhari called the organizers to stop the fight to save life.

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Decembe(f): 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
Na overconfident and show off cause am

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Coronavirus123: 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
That's flat from AJ

6 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Ololanla: 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
There will be a rematch

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by holyman101: 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
Chai

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Folabifreeman(m): 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
DJ copy won't like this grin grin

Who knows if he lost so that he can cash out big time on a rematch bout just like his previous fight

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by MJBOLT: 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
This is more terrible than a knockout because Joshua didn't do much in this fight

dominique:

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

FIFA And CAF Investigating Nigeria-zambia Match In Uyo / Photo Of Lionel Messi Receiving Yellow Card / Samuel Eto’o Involved In Car Accident In Cameroon, Suffers Head Injury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.