Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

What's The Light Situation In Your Area? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Light Situation In Your Area? (11794 Views)

Current Situation In Osogbo, Osun State Over Sen. Adeleke's Tribunal Victory / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? / What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by obembet(f): 9:38am On Sep 26, 2021
Dear Nairalanders, This is the first time I will commend Power holding company in Nigeria. For the past 3 months, we are been enjoying steady light here in Port Harcourt ( CHOBA, Rumuosi, Eluos, Alakahia/UPTH, Rumuekini etc). As in 48hours under the sun, under the rain. We have been enjoying this for the past 3 months now. When this started about 3 months ago, I was thinking Officer charge of our area was Sleeping or they plan to give us light we supposed to use for one week in just a day because we hardly experience 2hrs before.

So, are you enjoying the same thing in your area?

Kindly give us update of your area.

23 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Decentdave(m): 9:45am On Sep 26, 2021
Complete Darkness in some part of Lagos undecided
I pass by our NEPA office yesterday and I saw them drawing one small I pass my neighbour generator I come weak angry

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by moscobabs(m): 5:51pm On Sep 26, 2021
I stay in Agege Lagos during the week and Ijoko Ogun state on weekends

In Agege, we have light for like 15hrs atleast on a daily basis

In Ijoko like 13hrs but since Friday we never see light which is as a result of rain I think the light don spoil .

Anyway, generally the power has improved.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Samtobh(m): 5:51pm On Sep 26, 2021
The significant gap between demand and supply of electricity, has led to recurrent power shortcuts. Thus, the heavy reliance on gas, limited technical/technological know-how, lack of energy efficiency practices and infrastructure maintenance, inadequate regulations and attacks on energy infrastructure contribute to the challenges the power sector is facing.

Hence, this question will be needless if these challenges can be dealt with.

Rather than over rely on Grid, we can focus on renewable energy (solar, wind, etc.)

I have built a 100kwp hybrid solar mini grid in a village in Ajana, Ore, Ondo State with 485 houses. They enjoy 24/7 supply and take joy in paying for what they consume. If you have a village completely off-grid and commercially viable for such projects, kindly send me a message.

No upfront cost to the government or villagers, just pay for what you use.

14 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Bamzyriches451: 5:51pm On Sep 26, 2021
Damn
27/7 power supply

3 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Arewalegend: 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
So how da purk are we supposed to give a damn fvqing bleep

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by SIawomir: 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
Damn Niggar.. Isoright

Where I wan start?

Fvck this government�

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by sematec(m): 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
my area, light been rotated.
one night off one night on
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by sweetyme001(f): 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
Coming
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by shurleysky: 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
Very bad and paralytic like bubu administration

2 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by oka4ugoo: 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
I no even understand my area. Darkness full everywhere.

Ndi NEPA abeg Odeakpu Onitsha no get light

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Elsueno: 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
The Gen annoyingly noisy( too poor to get an expensive one). As for Nepa, our transformer don blow like 5 weeks ago for the 3rd time dis year alone

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by ogododo: 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
obembet:
Dear Nairalanders, This is the first time I will commend Power holding company in Nigeria. For the past 3 months, we are been enjoying steady light here in Port Harcourt ( CHOBA, Rumuosi, Eluos, Alakahia/UPTH, Rumuekini etc). As in 48hours under the sun, under the rain. We have been enjoying this for the past 3 months now. When this started about 3 months ago, I was thinking Officer charge of our area was Sleeping or they plan to give us light we supposed to use for one week in just a day because we hardly experience 2hrs before.

So, are you enjoying the same thing in your area?

Kindly give us update of your area.

If nairaland get audio, you fordey hear noises from various generators from different houses.

27 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by wunmi590(m): 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
cool

PHCN light has really increased in abeokuta where I stay...

At least before they hardly have light in a day, but now, the can have light 4times in a week with a maximum of 7-9hours...

But they still need to do better, because they always take it before 7pm making us still put on the genrator till 11pm before we sleep...

Since the increment of the supply (light), I also increase how much I pay them monthly angry

7 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Terrible! Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Beverages: 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
23hrs Abuja

9 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Albert0011(m): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Here in Benin city at Ekenwan road
We dey enjoy the light steady steady.
Uninterrupted light since yesterday morning till now...am even tired of the light self grin

16 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by fitinwell: 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Horrible these rainy season... Edo, Ondo axis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Judolisco(m): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Smart move by Jonathan to privatised power
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Simeony007(m): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
We have light for 20hrs every day here @aguda ogba.

13 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by helinues: 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Up Nepa

5 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by realstars: 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
When ever we see iight we just expect bill, after paying bill we wount see light till next mounth.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by money121(m): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ok
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by FILEBE(m): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ekedc.
If u have any issue .just call the customer care ;07080655555. Surprisingly, they respond and treat issues almost immediately.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by ideatoprince18(m): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Nepa dey give our compound bill where Dem rent space .,... Those idiots no get Joy!!!!

I trust Baba Emma ..... Him just dey increase their own personal rent every Year!!!!

4 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by GalawTech(m): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Lokoja here, 2days on, 1day off

3 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by chidonweb(m): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
We are also enjoying the same thing in my area.
I think the national grid has increase

8 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Higgies(m): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Day 3 of blackness
Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Pelaiye2703(m): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
I can't tell it's so amazing and the main reason why I had to move here. We've had light since Friday and it can go for days without any power outage. The only thing I'm enjoying being a Nigeria at the moment.

Location: Any area starting from Cele Bus stop, Ijede road Ikorodu, Lagos State.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Fair enough even though I'm paying heavily...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Light Situation In Your Area? by Babara1994(m): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
3 months used Tecno pop 2 for sale @20k Hit 08025028105 if you're in Ikorodu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election / Emir Of Kano Weeps As Jonathan Visits / APC Wins Two House Of Assembly Seats In Lagos Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.