Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,234 members, 7,860,502 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:51 AM

Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. (28436 Views)

31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? / Ghana Landlady Gives Female Nigerian Student Quit Notice Over Noise During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Edyice: 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
mosdii:
Nigerian Girls Are Useless...All Of Them

grin grin
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by uchman46(m): 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:
Good day all, hope your day is going well.

I'll go straight to the point. I rented a 2 bedroom flat for my mum last year October, paid agent and lawyer fees, the agent never told me the place has the landlady living in it.

My mum was happy and moved into the apartment, I noticed that after some months she was complaining about the house, I finally went there to see her, guess what? The landlady is a devil in human form, she's an unmarried bitter human who was opportuned to inherit the building from her family.
This woman locked the well and told my mum and younger bro to source for water elsewhere, I was mad when I got to hear what she's making my family go through. I came to the house and removed the padlock she locked the well with, she called my mom and told her to pack out when her rent expires next week.

Well, since she thinks the world revolves around her and wants everyone to fear and worship her, I'll show her what real madness is.

I have decided to ask her for a refund of the agent and lawyer fees I paid since it's barely one year, she can't stress my family this way and get away with it.

To everyone reading this, I have one advice, never live in the same building with the landlord or you would have yourself to blame at the end of the day.

Please nairalanders, Is my action justified?

My brother your actions are fully justified. How can one after making all these unnecessary payments be going through this
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Lastmankc(m): 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2021
gistray:
Poor people self

Rent a modern house with good water

U want ur mom to use bucket and start fetching water
meaning?So it's a crime to be poor?

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Misteeq1(f): 3:57pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

I'll go straight to the point. I rented a 2 bedroom flat for my mum last year October, paid agent and lawyer fees, the agent never told me the place has the landlady living in it.

I no follow support your action. You had no right to break the landlady's padlock at all. Was it stated in the tenancy agreement that tenants should/should not use the well?? You really should get your facts straight before you go around looking for a lynch mob. Anyway, you stated the rent expires next week so just move your mum to a house without a live-in landlord/lady and stop whatever aggression you have boiling up in you. It won't end well.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by westlius(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
Mine was a 1 bedroom apartment i rented, and my house is leaking badly, i stay i ph with the heavy rainfall here, i told my landlord to fix it as required but he gave me a six month quick notice, i laffed contacted a lawyer then seek for damages of 500k if its not fix by month end, omo my landlord fear fix the roof that he vow he wont fixed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by SonofGod231: 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
All these Yoruba people 2bedrooms.
So na well sure pass.
No extra AP Tank for reserve?
It must be well.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So because you had one bad experience with a particular property and it's landlord, everyone on Nairaland should scatter in fear of landlords for you? undecided

Abeg go sit down...

You don carry your wahala come HERE again!

Lobatan grin
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by okoh66(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
If you have a lawyer contact him or her, he or she will advice you on what to do. We have laws in Nigeria and it works perfectly well.

Nononsenseguy:

My mum was happy and moved into the apartment, I noticed that after some months she was complaining about the house, I finally went there to see her, guess what? The landlady is a devil in human form, she's an unmarried bitter human who was opportuned to inherit the building from her family.
This woman locked the well and told my mum and younger bro to source for water elsewhere, I was mad when I got to hear what she's making my family go through. I came to the house and removed the padlock she locked the well with, she called my mom and told her to pack out when her rent expires next week.

Well, since she thinks the world revolves around her and wants everyone to fear and worship her, I'll show her what real madness is.

I have decided to ask her for a refund of the agent and lawyer fees I paid since it's barely one year, she can't stress my family this way and get away with it.

To everyone reading this, I have one advice, never live in the same building with the landlord or you would have yourself to blame at the end of the day.

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by blaise26abj(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

If you want to make trouble , get a lawyer and write them that since she gave you quit notice , you need the statutory 6 months to search for an alternative . Do this to stress the landlady but don’t act on it. The fact that she will think she won’t make anything for 6 months will haunt her for some days or weeks . Then get another place as fast as you can .

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Gandollar(f): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

She claims the well isn't too deep and dries up quickly but whenever she wants water, she opens it and fetches. I tire for some people, this devil we are talking about lives inside of some people
Two bedroom flat? Public well?

Hmmmm.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Berankis: 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

Even though, I don't like to because I am very stubborn but I currently do and it's not so bad. Guess I am a bit lucky
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Kraspo(m): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
D
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
Lastmankc:
Baba, the guy is right.I have had the experience before.
I haven't had the bad experience before so should I take the OP'S advice and hate my landlord because of OP? undecided
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by adajoe555: 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

Not all landlords are like that, I live in the same building with my landlord, and he is nice, he doesn't have anybody's time, he minds his business, the only business he have with you is when your rent have expired. And i have leaved there for 2years now. Just try and get her to give you extra time to look for another place to pack to, if she doesn't agree then you know what next to do.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by itumafriday(m): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
Very heartless set of landlady i have encounter with one though she did not go Scott free
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Champneys: 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

Waste of time trying to recover agent and lawyer's fees.

Move your mother out in peace and move on.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by blackmantis: 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2021
If she is offered the rent and she refuses to collect, she has to give you time to search for a new apartment. Chikena
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Gavel(m): 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2021
Sundaypaul12345:
cheesy grin she can't send u packing without giving u at least six months notice

That's not correct. When rent expires there is no duty to issue a quit notice.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Gandollar(f): 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2021
gistray:
Poor people self

Rent a modern house with good water

U want ur mom to use bucket and start fetching water
For two bedrooms fa!
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by brownemmanuel43(m): 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:
Lalasticlala, please move this to Frontpage to get more ideas.
I know the landlady must be from the West Coast.
Back to the issue, u are a yearly tenant, that means 6 months has to be given to your mum before packing out.
If she fails to do that, I will tell u what to do.
Where exactly is the place and when is the rent expiring?
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by sylve11: 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

At bolded part, as a traveller I have been, I would nod justifiably to that.

cool
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by BestJay(m): 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
Bro. your landlady can't ask you out like that in a house you paid one year rentage. She is suppose to lawfully give you 6 months notice after which if you don't leave, she has right to sue you and you win by saying you have not seen a place to move into yet with the amount you have unless they will search for you period.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by ahnie: 4:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
ASABA landlords has this type of character.please don't ever make the mistake of living in the same compound with your landlord especially if he's an ASABA man.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2021
Highest you can do is to demand that she gives you 6 months to find another place for your mum.

That's all.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by steinalb(m): 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2021
My former landlord was kind and gentle when I first moved in. She even cooks and gives me to eat till she started showing her real character.
Once I noticed that she was not paying the light bill, I confronted her and she said that I am her child so there are some bills she should not be paying.

last last, I turned the compound upside and left the place.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by brownemmanuel43(m): 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
mosdii:
Nigerian Girls Are Useless...All Of Them
My real niggar u are back. Men dun miss u wela where u cum leave us waka now.
Since yesterday we dun dey argue the latest lab in town about dna

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Crucialgem(m): 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

Hmm leaving with landlord is a nightmare ooo if you have any other opportunity please avoid it, I am facing something similar currently although mine is not as cruel as op's mother landlady but hmmmm today na wahala tomorrow na trouble
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
lilvicky68:
When renting an apartment water should be the first thing you should ask about..

You did bad by removing the padlock.. a simple discussion should have been done.. either by contributing to purchase water or managing the available one..
What's the meaning of that? Shey the water wasn't part of the rent?
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by SenecaTheYonger: 4:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

Get the fvck offf. Your shitty landlady is doesn't mean everyone else is shitty. Maybe you deserve this shit.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by selfdefence: 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2021
Landlord and landlady issues sha undecided
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by MrEazi223: 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
melaniaup:
A room self contained apartment is available at Lagos State quote me if interested

Where in Lagos state?
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by okine4real: 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
i have one rule at a landlord, I dont lord over my tenants. Personally my friend has withness when one of my tenant dey raise voice, i just kept quite. My friends says guy how you dey allow your tenant talk to you like this, i told him, because i be landlord doesnot mean i can lord over the tenants. The guys sometimes go call me for phone dey shout dey report matter about the issues, i go just say i would look into it. sometimes he would even use words like Bleep...I nor go talk anything. I give all my tenants privilege to enjoy the house, my only wahala be say nor by-pass prepaid meter. even the same guy dey owe rent, he go just call me say, oga landlord, pls give me small time, i go say i done hear, but the day he was trying to try raise voice the day my wife was around, the guy no know say my wife na fine woman but na Agbero, the woman just put am for him place, he kept quite. The guy go dey call me around 11.pm sometimes because of parking space. what am saying is, its wrong for landlords to lord over tenants. They have paid for the house, so let them enjoy the house in peace.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EXECUTIVE TOILET SEAT SHAWER ROOM CLOSE COUPLES HERE WITH PICTURES / Photos Of WTC Estate Commissioned By Enugu State Government / Omonile Wants To Demolish My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.