Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,490 members, 7,865,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:58 AM

Senator Odey Dumps PDP, Defects To APC In Cross River - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Odey Dumps PDP, Defects To APC In Cross River (526 Views)

Ibrahim Danbaba Dumps PDP, Defects To APC / Christopher Odey Dumps PDP For APC In Cross River / House Of Reps Member In Ekiti Defects To Apc,sends Letter To Gbajabiamila(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senator Odey Dumps PDP, Defects To APC In Cross River by Upritman(m): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2021
Senator Steven Odey of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Cross River State has defected to the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC).

The former lawmaker representing Cross River North in the National Assembly defected at an event in his ward- Yache in Yala local government area of Cross River State at the weekend.

Odey, who defected with many of his supporters was received into the APC by the Deputy Governor Prof. Ivara Ejemot Esu, who represented Governor Ben Ayade, APC Acting Chairman Sen. Matthew Mbu Jnr, Commissioners, Local Government Council Chairmen and other top government functionaries.

Speaking at the event, Senator Odey said his decision to join the ruling APC was for the interest of the people he is serving because service to the people is not about the political party one belongs.

He said; “My policy and my lifestyle is to serve my people and not for my selfish gains.”

Politics Hub Nigeria recalls that Senator Odey was in August sacked by a judgement of Appeal Court and replaced with Senator Jarigbe A. Jarigbe, still of the PDP over wrong nomination.

He had spent barely nine months in the Senate before his sack.

His defection was long speculated since He is believed to be a long ally of Gov.Ben Ayade.

(c) https://www.politicshubng.com/senator-odey-dumps-pdp-defects-to-apc-in-cross-river/

1 Like

Re: Senator Odey Dumps PDP, Defects To APC In Cross River by Lagosfinder(m): 2:37pm On Sep 27, 2021
Politics
Re: Senator Odey Dumps PDP, Defects To APC In Cross River by Ammishaddai: 2:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
This is the same song they play when their tenures are about to expire . But we all know that switching parties in Nigeria is solely because of political relevance

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: Ex-gov. Yari Convincing Tinubu To Dumb Buhari For A Fresh Party / Some Beautiful Aerial Views Of Abakiliki, Ebonyi State / OJUKWU Warns Against Another War.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.