Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? (5293 Views)

Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by KDULAR: 7:34pm On May 30, 2011
1.4 'ILL' AND TO CAR PURCHASE ACROSS THE BORDER cry cry cry
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by JimmyBoy1: 7:58pm On May 30, 2011
For me, not much, like 4k on my cousin's wedding day. But I have lost millions in business transactions, I still wonder how I got myself into such mess till tomorrow.
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by Tomishow(m): 8:24pm On May 30, 2011
;d ;d ;d
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by Abuna: 9:11pm On May 30, 2011
Won't exactly say mine was  'lost' in that sense. Let me explain; I lent N1,500:00 to a friend of mine back in 1996 (big money then) and we got on a bus on our way back to campus but got waylaid by some area boys/robbers and my friend said to them to wait and he 'paid' me back the money lent to him that very day! You should see the massive grin on the robbers' faces!

I felt used and duped. What a friend!  angry
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by busygirl(f): 9:34pm On May 30, 2011
I lent someone £250, and the person ran off with my money sad sad sad.
And recently, I went for a photoshoot at double-take studios. Those in the U.K would know what I'm talking about. Their prices where such a huge rip-off. I was charged £216 for a 30 by 20 pic. I still wonder what sort of jazz the lady used on me though lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by slimyem: 9:36pm On May 30, 2011
14,000 naira-i was duped.i hate remembering it!
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by denzel2009: 9:40pm On May 30, 2011
Abuna:

Won't exactly say mine was  'lost' in that sense. Let me explain; I lent N1,500:00 to a friend of mine back in 1996 (big money then) and we got on a bus on our way back to campus but got waylaid by some area boys/robbers and my friend said to them to wait and he 'paid' me back the money lent to him that very day! You should see the massive grin on the robbers' faces!

I felt used and duped. What a friend!  angry
I can't remember the title of that nollywood movie.

OP. I have lost so much that I lost count being a bank Teller few years ago. My very first day at work was N100K.
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by tunnytox(m): 9:40pm On May 30, 2011
I lost 500 Euros mysteriously on my way to post office in Dublin sometimes in March 2006, it pains me so much because I intend to send the money to my wife who just arrived in the UK then.
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by pereze: 9:57pm On May 30, 2011
I have never lost money, don't have any plans of loosing money in the nearest future of even further than that!
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by Harmonyco(f): 10:42pm On May 30, 2011
Oh my gosh not now <<SOBS>>¤¤¤ #1O dat was given 2 me then dat i was small by my lovely uncle. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by lepasharon(f): 11:04pm On May 30, 2011
lool 10 pounds
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by osasp(m): 11:37pm On May 30, 2011
£150 to online scam and RBS refusing to do anything about it. i still cuss them anytym i see their logo
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by cameronese(m): 11:44pm On May 30, 2011
I lost N10,000,000 to hotel bills, yes I mean Ten Million Naira at a go in 2008.  grin
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by donsteady(m): 2:05am On May 31, 2011
i lost $8,800 just 2weeks ago, i sent it to Lady in Colorado to help me pay for 2005 Honda Pilot. and she said i should take her to court, i report the case to local sheriff department online and they said i should file a case against her. me i dey ghana how i go take do that?
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by pleep(m): 3:55am On May 31, 2011
I lost about $500/75k last year on damn over-draft fees.
It happened cuz I bought a drink at a gas station and went 67 cents in the red. The bank then deducted 30$ from the account as fees without telling me, and then they deducted 30$ every perhcase I made for about 2 weeks until I owed them 500$

thank goodness that sh.its illegal now undecided
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by emyworld: 9:00am On May 31, 2011
mine is N4.5million lost on trading forex. This is my capital not interest. With the interest its about N7.5million. God dey.
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by fkadeniyi(m): 10:37am On May 31, 2011
I lost N81,000.00 last year November. My car door was forced open.
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by Geeluat(m): 11:16am On May 31, 2011
I lost 1.6million naira, it's been a bad memory for me,
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by chelseabmw(m): 12:42pm On May 31, 2011
I lost 2,000pounds to guildhall college in uk. . . .I paid the money through bank phb and they said the schoool has received the money but the school denied everything. . .saying they did not receive the funds. . .that was 2007. . . .

But i will get that money back. . .Anyhow . . .I just want to finish school this year first
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by GudLion(m): 1:22pm On May 31, 2011
Lost over 600k to forex, 300k to transcorp shares and over 1.2 in bad debt to my cousins and club members.
Now i know better, cant give no loan to no one even my child!
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by Stonnydrey(m): 2:47pm On May 31, 2011
#280 naira to Baba Ijebu, I dreamt of numbers dat night, so i decided to play it, I dreamt of dz numbers, 19, 9, MEHN, e pain me den o, cos na d first time,
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by zmurda(m): 3:05pm On May 31, 2011
D##n. Lost about 200 pounds
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by direct(m): 3:34pm On May 31, 2011
My own is just last month, d dey cashair of GTB allen paid me some money,getting to my office d money is not complete,i almost cry dat day 50k no be small money
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by hbabe(f): 3:48pm On May 31, 2011
I don't know about the biggest but the most painful was 20k I lost to an airline when I tried to pay for excess luggage online 3 months ago. Bloody thieves! Barawo! Ole!
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by MOORCHMOORE(m): 3:50pm On May 31, 2011
At times N1k or N500 at most.
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by queenafric(f): 8:16pm On May 31, 2011
I lost a total of N810,000 in two biz partnership that went wrong, then another 1.5M in another biz i ventured into, cos of a costly decision that someone whom i hired and thot was an expert in the field took on my behalf. It affected me a great deal and i am still kinda recovering but i thank God for his mercies. Right now, i trust no one around my money.
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by BluStreak(m): 10:38pm On May 31, 2011
Mine was in 2006. I lost N4.8M to a chinese company on a 20ft container of TVs of my own brand. They sent a sample (Which actually I paid for - incuding shipping) that was perfect. But when the deal was sealed they sent me crap which failed woefully from volume level to power issues to poor signal etc. Those guys are thieves reason I so hate to see them. I thank God I'm still alive to tell the story.
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by naijangel7(f): 11:00pm On May 31, 2011
Transcorp shares, about 20K and about 4K one day some years ago  grin God has since restored what the locusts ate, sha! Glory!
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by seyibrown(f): 11:08pm On May 31, 2011
14 years ago . . . . In Oshodi motorpark trying to board a bus to Ikorodu around 9pm. . . . . . . .  NGN 600!  cheesy cheesy I kept putting my hand in my pocket to make sure it was there while my mum's friend was hanging on to my other hand to make sure I didn't get lost in the crowd . . . it was there  . . .  there . . . .  and then it wasn't!  angry  Those blessed Oshodi boys, eh!  grin  Once beaten . . .
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by boban007: 12:40am On Jun 01, 2011
mine was 12000 dollars since 2008 october.the guys name is emeka ogbonna in america.he was to help get me a jeep.he lives in atlanta and convinced me to pay the money as deposit,then balance up after purchace.i didnt believe the guy duped me cos i was decieved by his mien and family background.the last mail i sent to him about my money.he replied by saying u mean i have the money and dont want to pay u abi?.before then he replied my message by saying i just want to try and pay u back ur money cos it was sent to me directly.after all i didnt spend a dime out of it.what a thing to say 3years after collecting money from me.some peolple are just born rogues.very painful.
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by Nobody: 5:05am On Jun 09, 2011
I'm naturally EXTRA careful with money, its just part of being an Igbo child grin grin grin The biggest amount I've ever lost is N4000 that was stolen from me in boarding school angry I reported the case to the school authorities and they made sure the students in my dorm donated small cash which added up to N4000 at the end  grin
Re: What Is The Biggest Amount Of Cash You've Lost? by tunnytox(m): 9:41am On Jun 09, 2011
ItsModella:

I'm naturally EXTRA careful with money, its just part of being an Igbo child grin grin grin The biggest amount I've ever lost is N4000 that was stolen from me in boarding school angry I reported the case to the school authorities and they made sure the students in my dorm donated small cash which added up to N4000 at the end  grin

Sharp Igbo boy grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policy holders Recoup N540bn Claims From Insurance Firms / Distributorship Business In Nigeria / Courier Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.