Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued (25640 Views)

Five Killed As Boat Capsizes In River Niger (Graphic Photos) / Pastor Shedrack Bako, 4 Others Drown As Boat Capsizes In Taraba / Lagos Boat Capsize: Pregnant Woman Dies, 16 Missing In (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by fergie001: 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2021
One person has been confirmed dead while 16 others were rescued on Monday evening when a passenger boat named Temi 3 Global capsized in Lagos waters while enroute Ikorodu from Marina in Lagos.

According to a statement by the NIWA Lagos Area Manager, Sarat Braimah, the boat capsized after colliding with a floating object near Adekunle waterfront.

According to the Lagos Area Manager: “A 17-passenger boat named “TEMI 3 Global” which departed CMS Ferry Terminal at 16:35 hours enroute Ikorodu Ferry Terminal on 27th September, 2021 was involved in an accident.

“Fifteen minutes into the journey near Adekunle Waterfront, the boat hit an underwater obstacle which broke the hull of the boat and this resulted to the capsize of the boat.

“There were immediate mobilisation to the site of incident by the National Inland Waterways Authority Search and Rescue Team, Lagos State Waterways Authority (LASWA), Marine Police, fishermen and other boat operators leading to the rescue of 16 persons while one person died on the way to the hospital.

“We sincerely condole with the family of the deceased and pray for the soul of the dead to rest in perfect peace.”

SOURCE

1 Share

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by Darammliveth(m): 8:48pm On Sep 27, 2021
Chaiii, RIP
Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by NwaNimo1(m): 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2021

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by Ekakamba: 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
Jah bless the Rescue Team!

7 Likes

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by vibbb: 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
There's need for the government to pay more attention to the safety of our water ways by enforcing safety codes and introducing modern boats for effective and safe movement. RIP to the dead.

24 Likes

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by hpk(m): 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ehyaaaaaa. sad
Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
RIP to the dead.

What happened to using a life jacket? We like to dey form Van Damme sha

3 Likes

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by Benitoh: 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
Rip to the death
Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by AmazingELixir: 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
shocked

High time these nonsense boats are banned from operating passengers services in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by Okemmuo(m): 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
My God.

11th comment...God when
Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
Are they not putting on a life jacket

May the soul of the person who died RIP. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by Yankee101: 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
Don't take ANY boat without a life vest. Even if you can swim

9 Likes

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by xpressionx(m): 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
You see why I hate water as a means of transportation.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by winterlover: 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
No life jackets. Obviously a local boat operator.

6 Likes

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by musty2245: 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
Lalakukulala grin

1 Like

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by blazetitov: 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
Sad one !
Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by Sonnobax15(m): 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
lipsrsealed
Person like me wey no sabi swim, kukuma I no just dey get close to where river dey or even embark on any journey wey the only accessible route na Through water undecided
Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by apesinola001: 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
God of Mercy, have mercy on us.
Rlp to the dead
Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by Higgies(m): 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
Rare occurrence

1 Like

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by ATEAMS: 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
Safely first ...
Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 9:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
God Help Us
Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by UTILITYMAY(m): 9:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
Everyone saying no life jacket, no life jacket! What will a life jacket do for passengers that does not know how to use it, neither know how to swim? Meanwhile, they give life jackets to passengers, but a boat capsizing in the middle of deep waters is a very dangerous situation. Thank God they got quick response to rescue, if not I am not sure anyone would survive the accident.

RIP to the dead and I wish others quick recovery!

6 Likes

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2021
confirmedniggae:
Nairaland pls i need your advice.

i have a female friend i will like to help seek employment to my new office but she talks too much and sometimes disrespectful.

i have the opportunity of getting the job for her as the accountant of the company but this lady talks too much and sometimes so disrespectful.

She have worked with me in my former office .

i am confused ..

Why don't you create a thread for this? You sure say you well so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by Drsnives(m): 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2021
Too bad.
Rip to the dead
Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by HERSLEY(f): 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
Rip
Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by Silva79(f): 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
Those life jackets are fake!
Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
A life jacket would have prevented this, but it's likely they did not even use it or were not given or probably fake as the person above me said.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Crashes Into Building In Lagos - Photo / I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa / Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.