Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued (25663 Views)

Five Killed As Boat Capsizes In River Niger (Graphic Photos) / Pastor Shedrack Bako, 4 Others Drown As Boat Capsizes In Taraba / Lagos Boat Capsize: Pregnant Woman Dies, 16 Missing In (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by kjhova(m): 9:26am On Sep 28, 2021
UTILITYMAY:

I never said life jackets does not matter, only if we could see a picture of the accident, and you'll see they are all on life jackets.

Your clarification is noted.

I have never used our waterways (I'm extremely aquaphobic!). But some folks here have claimed that the operators hardly hand out life vests and that even when they do, the vests are mostly defective.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by UTILITYMAY(m): 9:35am On Sep 28, 2021
kjhova:

Your clarification is noted.

I have never used our waterways (I'm extremely aquaphobic!). But some folks here have claimed that the operators hardly hand out life vests and that even when they do, the vests are mostly defective.

Well! I won't argue on the defective life vests, I don't have a knowledge of that because everytime I use that water ways, they give life vests and they are good ones. We all have different experiences!
Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by kjhova(m): 9:37am On Sep 28, 2021
UTILITYMAY:

Well! I won't argue on the defective life vests, I don't have a knowledge of that because everytime I use that water ways, they give life vests and they are good ones. We all have different experiences!

You made me a happier Nigerian this morning. It's quite easy to believe the negative concerning our country that even when good is done, nobody acknowledges it.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued by Sleekfingers: 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2021
fergie001:

SOURCE

So they weren't wearing life jackets, bunch of idiots......how person go enter boats like that without wearing a life jacket.......I don't pity idiots and morons when disaster befall them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / South Sudan Plane Crash Kills 17 People (Photo) / Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.