Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,303 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Please What Is The Average Cost For City Bus fare In Lagos,abuja&Port-harcourt? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please What Is The Average Cost For City Bus fare In Lagos,abuja&Port-harcourt? (3487 Views)

Why Dont Police And Force Men Pay Their Fare In Lagos State? / Average Cost Of Chemicals For Paint Production / Does Fuel Subsidy Benefit The Average Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Is The Average Cost For City Bus fare In Lagos,abuja&Port-harcourt? by Evept(f): 10:13am On Jul 23, 2007
Hi ,im thinking of buying a bus from Germany and use it for inter - city transportation inĀ  Nigeria for lagos,abuja and port-harcourt
can someone who live's in these area tell me the average cost for city bus transport fare's in these area's

your help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Evept
Re: Please What Is The Average Cost For City Bus fare In Lagos,abuja&Port-harcourt? by Seun(m): 4:21pm On Jul 23, 2007
It's not an easy business to go into. The transport industry is very rough and you can't service an entire city with one bus. Don't bother going into this business unless you have a relative who is a bus driver.
Re: Please What Is The Average Cost For City Bus fare In Lagos,abuja&Port-harcourt? by Evept(f): 9:11pm On Jul 23, 2007
@seun,thanks for your advice ,i understand it's not an easy business but i think i can handle it,not servicing the entire city with only one bus ,the problem now is about the driver ,i know i can't trust them even a relative can still steal from earnings sometimes but i will see what i will do about it.
thanks
Evept
Re: Please What Is The Average Cost For City Bus fare In Lagos,abuja&Port-harcourt? by SOJ(m): 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2007
Let me give u picture of what seun implies by his statement.These are the issues u will have to contend with:1. A rough and disorganised transport union 2.Poor road network leading to high maintenance rates on ur vehicles 3.Unscrupulous driving personnel. 4.Incessant highway robberies,some from conniving personnel. And so many others affecting our transport industry.Aint trying to discourage u but its a tough ride for a newbie(if u r one).I advise i invest in other instruments and later,when u have the financial clout to overcome risks, u may have a transport subsidiary.As for the rates:
Lagos - Benin: N1,800 (average)
Lagos - Port: N2,200-N2,500
Lagos - ABuja: N3,000-N4,000
Re: Please What Is The Average Cost For City Bus fare In Lagos,abuja&Port-harcourt? by Evept(f): 11:14am On Jul 25, 2007
SOJ:

Let me give u picture of what seun implies by his statement.These are the issues u will have to contend with:1. A rough and disorganised transport union 2.Poor road network leading to high maintenance rates on your vehicles 3.Unscrupulous driving personnel. 4.Incessant highway robberies,some from conniving personnel. And so many others affecting our transport industry.Aint trying to discourage u but its a tough ride for a newbie(if you're one).I advise i invest in other instruments and later,when u have the financial clout to overcome risks, u may have a transport subsidiary.As for the rates:
Lagos - Benin: N1,800 (average)
Lagos - Port: N2,200-N2,500
Lagos - ABuja: N3,000-N4,000

@ SOJ,
thanks for the info,i already know alot of the problems but do u think it could be less if the buses are use for one city as transport for locals ? or u thinks it's all the same?
it's just an idea to invest in transportation biz in Nigeria but im still thinking of other things that can fetch good cash over there,
thanks
Evept

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Is The Richest Black Person On Earth / Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria / Why BLOGGING Remains One Of The Most Lucrative Online Business Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.