Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League (36174 Views)

EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi / Croatian President Stormed Stadium To Watch Croatia Vs Russia Match / Nigeria Vs Croatia: Nigerian President Vs Croatian President In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by Adejoke123(f): 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
Tochukwu Patrick Obi, the younger brother of Super Eagles and Chelsea legend John Mikel Obi, has competed his move to Croatian club NK Urania Baška Voda following a successful medical examination.

The 1999-born player agreed terms with the third-tier club before the close of the summer transfer window but was awaiting the outcome of his visa application before linking up with his new employer.

A product of Pepsi Football Academy, Tochukwu, who last wore the colours of TBC FC Abuja, has signed a one-season deal with NK Urania Baška Voda.

Speaking Tochukwu said : “I joined NK Urania Baška Voda because I want a humble beginning, learn my trade and build my football career from the scratch.

“Here I am alone so I’ll mature as a man. Croatia is a very demanding place for Nigerian players to come and adapt.

“Mikel just wants me to do what’s best for me, he allows me to make my own personal decisions.”

Asked the player he models his game after, Tochukwu answered : “I am a defensive midfielder, can also play as an attacking midfielder.

“It’s a no-brainer. I model my game after Mikel. I look up to him, if I am able to achieve half of what he’s achieved I’ll be grateful”.

Tochukwu Obi could make his competitive debut for NK Urania Baška Voda in a league match against RNK Split on Wednesday afternoon.

Source: https://kikiotolunews.com/tochukwu-obi-younger-brother-of-mikel-obi-joins-croatian-league/

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by Hardgun: 5:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
Oo
Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by WhiteIverson: 5:20pm On Sep 29, 2021
My only concern is his weekly salary, let me know if I'll dust my boots.

21 Likes

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
Is he single? let's start from the scratch together.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by MufasaLion: 10:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
Excellent!

I don't know why I still don't watch football.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by jojothaiv(m): 4:44am On Sep 30, 2021
We all start from somewhere.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by manee2(m): 4:45am On Sep 30, 2021
Ok voght take note
Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by Memberclub(m): 4:46am On Sep 30, 2021
1999 shocked

10 Likes

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by Decentdave(m): 4:50am On Sep 30, 2021
When he should had emulated musa and Join Kanu pillars grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by Ppogbae: 4:54am On Sep 30, 2021
Better than starting in Lithuania or Armenia
Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by ecolime(m): 4:55am On Sep 30, 2021
The man was born in 1999 (22 years) shocked

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by Bewiseedet(m): 5:00am On Sep 30, 2021
Goodluck. To achieve half of what MIKEL achieved no be beans oo.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by Godbless3(m): 5:12am On Sep 30, 2021
If this on claim to be born in 1999, then football is dead in africa.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:13am On Sep 30, 2021
From all of us @[b][/b] : We wish you all the very best for the future Tochukwu.

Go and shine like our Darling Mikel.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by b3llo(m): 5:16am On Sep 30, 2021
What money can not do does not exist.
Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 30, 2021
ecolime:
Let us stop this pull him down syndrome. We know how hard it is to get out of this hell hole. He did. Congrats to him and may God open ways for us.

48 Likes

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:33am On Sep 30, 2021
Tochukwu Patrick Obi, the younger brother of Super Eagles and Chelsea legend John Mikel Obi.....

We love the use of that word CHELSEA LEGEND.
The OP no lie at all.
Mikel has been there done that!
In terms of longevity, yes.
It is astonishing how long he has been there at Chelsea before he left the club in 2017.
The amount of commitment he showed towards the club is exemplary.
He did not complain whenever he was on the bench, he was a very professional character and very respectful to various managers who have been at Chelsea Football Club.
He may not be your typical player with lots of creativity but what he did at the time was put in a shift.
We respect your contributions to Chelsea Football Club and thanks for the memories.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by markidoo(m): 5:44am On Sep 30, 2021
Nansense
Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by Arewa12: 5:45am On Sep 30, 2021
Okay m
Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by Authoreety: 6:00am On Sep 30, 2021
Anything to get out of nigeria
Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by caprini1: 6:12am On Sep 30, 2021
alexxiswrites:
Let us stop this pull him down syndrome. We know how hard it is to get out of this hell hole. He did. Congrats to him and may God open ways for us.
He needs to see the sizes of Teenagers,,these days,i dont argue about ages anymore.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by vickydevoka(m): 6:14am On Sep 30, 2021
ecolime:
Na my guy for Jos. De age reduction is too much. Upto 10 years. Mikel has always wanted to help h buh flexing n drugs no gree am concentrate for u.k. so sent him packing from u.k over drugs.
Ever since den he has been useless to himself. As Mikel favorite him be , Mikel makel work am for am for one local club for Ukraine make him use a appreciate life. At least him don get profile

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:15am On Sep 30, 2021
Fine boy
Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by vickydevoka(m): 6:17am On Sep 30, 2021
ecolime:
Na my guy for Jos. De age reduction is too much. Upto 10 years. Mikel has always wanted to help h buh flexing n drugs no gree am concentrate for u.k. so sent him packing from u.k over drugs.
Ever since den he has been useless to himself. As Mikel favorite him be , Mikel makel work am for am for one local club for Croatia ( third division. Person way play ball pass Mikel b4) make him use a appreciate life. At least him don get profile

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by greenie77: 6:19am On Sep 30, 2021
ecolime:

Yes nah, he was only 6 years old when his elder brother was playing U-20 world cup in 2005. cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by OJEEMAH(m): 6:27am On Sep 30, 2021
post=106299474:

We love the use of that word CHELSEA LEGEND.
The OP no lie at all.
Mikel has been there done that!
In terms of longevity, yes.
It is astonishing how long he has been there at Chelsea before he left the club in 2017.
The amount of commitment he showed towards the club is exemplary.
He did not complain whenever he was on the bench, he was a very professional character and very respectful to various managers who have been at Chelsea Football Club.
He may not be your typical player with lots of creativity but what he did at the time was put in a shift.
We respect your contributions to Chelsea Football Club and thanks for the memories.
and Conte frustrated him for representing Nigeria at the Olympic.

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by Parrot69: 6:28am On Sep 30, 2021
See beards for somebody’s face that’s claiming to be 22yrs ehwwe!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by brodalikeme(m): 6:28am On Sep 30, 2021
He’s coming in late. Age won’t be on his side anymore. Wish him the every best though
Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by Ashirioluwa: 6:30am On Sep 30, 2021
vickydevoka:

Ever since den he has been useless to himself. As Mikel favorite him be , Mikel makel work am for am for one local club for Croatia ( third division. Person way play ball pass Mikel b4) make him use a appreciate life. At least him don get profile

More reason they don’t believe us when it comes to age
Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by englishmart(m): 6:31am On Sep 30, 2021
Mikel is not Chelsea legend.

1 Like

Re: Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League by HeadNigga: 6:35am On Sep 30, 2021
Person wey be CEO of Natured money music group wey charass sign to.

Mmikel floated the label then. Go see the music videos they released back then and tell me he was 13 years old in 2012. Him own different coz video evidence dey...if not I for no talk coz i no know am from small

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Finally Meets His Hero Didier Drogba After Ivory Coast Clash / Jose Mourinho Slams Crates Of Water Bottles During UCL Victory, Mocks Critics / Celestine Babayaro Celebrates His Goal In Nigeria 3-2 Win Over Argentina In 1996

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.