Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot (3686 Views)

Girl Killed By Stray Bullet In Orlu As Unknown Gunmen Clash With Soldiers PHOTOS / Chike Akunyili Is Dead! Dora Akunyili's Husband Killed By Unknown Gunmen / Dora Akunyili Had Proud Children And Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by adenigga(m): 5:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
The children of Dr John Chike Akunyili have revealed that their father had in his skull a bullet that was at least 51 years old, before the fatal gunshot on Tuesday in Anambra state.
The bullet was embedded in the skull as a result of the gunshot wound sustained during the Nigerian Civil War, between 1967 and January 1970.
In a moving tribute to their dad, the six children disclosed that their dad fought in the war, on the Biafran side.
“As a young man, he fought as a soldier in the Biafra war. A war that earned him a bullet that stayed lodged in his skull ever since.
“From this experience of violence and death, he went on to become a doctor saving thousands of lives — a powerful testament to his journey through life”, the children said.
Perhaps the whole life injury informed his passion for medicine.
As the children said: “He was a healer. A passionate surgeon, Dr. Chike was the Medical Director at St. Leo’s Hospital in Enugu.
“For decades he served countless people, many of whom he cared for and healed at no cost. His one request was always that they paid it forward.
He started his healing journey in the north where he built and ran a mobile clinic in Jaban Kogo.
“For many months, he lived and worked among the people, studying and becoming fluent in Hausa to better serve his patients. His commitment to providing healthcare to that community earned him the National Youth Service Merit Award.”
All the six children of Chike and Dora Akunyili signed the tribute, which was shared by No. 2 child Dr Edozie Akunyili.
The children apart from Edozie are: Dr. Ijeoma Akunyili, Dr. Somto Asuzu,
Njideka Akunyili Crosby, Chidiogo Akunyili-Parr and Obumneme Akunyili.
Obumneme who was the last child that saw his father alive, works as the director-general of Anambra State Project Management and Monitoring Office.
He told BBC Pidgin that his dad was shot in the face by gunmen who opened fire on his vehicle at Nkpor, Anambra State.
“His driver and a Police officer assigned to him also died in the shooting. A cousin survived and is being treated in hospital,” Obumneme added.
They were driving back from the town of Onitsha in Anambra state after attending a posthumous honour for Dora by UNN Alumni Association.
Source: https://pmnewsnigeria.com/Akunyili-had-51-year-old-bullet-in-his-skull-before-Tuesdays-fatal-shot

1 Like

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by SarkinYarki: 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
Since Buhari came Nigeria has totally gone south

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by Fahdiga(m): 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
Old soldier. Rip man. He has seen it all. I hereby appeal to the people causing this mayhem to stop the killings for Christ sake. How can you take a life you didn't create. Let peace reign

1 Like

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by NLandIsHypocrit: 5:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
The people that killed him are the same people that that killed his wife though injection. A woman and husband who in high diligence served this shithol contraption they call Country in different ramifications, they sold a good image of the contraption to the international community, they left undented legacies that are memorable till a million years, anywhere you mention Dora Akunyiri today, what comes to mind is uncommon sincerity and zealous diligence to service. Many other countries are proud of the name "Akunyiri" till date, but in their supposed Country what do they get? They got extermination and death as a thank you for their uncommon contribution to the growth of the supposed Country.

What's their crime that earned them their untimely death by the same country they sacrificed their lives to serve? Because Dora Akunyiri exposed the secret plans to hide the death of Yar'Adua for possible clone just like they did to late Muhammadu Buhari till today, and after many years Dora Akunyiri was assassinated by injection at an Indian hospital, the fulani cabals who felt betrayed by her action have never forgiven nor forgotten, and they had to go after her husband Chief Dr Chike Akunyiri few days after he gave speech about his late wife.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by BKayy: 5:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nigerian terrorists know exactly what they did.
RIP old soldier

3 Likes

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by fnep2smooth(m): 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2021
If ordinary Anambra election is causing this huge loses what will happen when the main election starts. Right now no state is safe from bandit to Boko to ESN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by gasparpisciotta: 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2021
A coward dies a thousand times but the valiant dies but once...

Rest well Dr. Akunyili your murderers will never find peace.

9 Likes

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by Fahdiga(m): 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
A coward dies a thousand times but the valiant dies but once...

Rest well Dr. Akunyili your murderers will never find peace.
Amen

5 Likes

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by jumper524(m): 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
To igbos cheering the activities of ESN, continue. It was how bokoharam started too and exactly how some mumu muslims faithful in the north as well as many late kings were habouring them in the north thinking they were fighting for muslims. Today, no body is safe even the elites in the north are being kidnapped. The only difference is that Esn spread of violence is much faster.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by gidgiddy: 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
I hope that those who are responsible for his death are apprehended as soon as possible.

I met him and his wife, late Dora Akunyili years ago at department of Radiography, UNTH Enugu. He was a consultant in the Hospital then and his wife was not well known as she would later be.

Charming couple, both gone

8 Likes

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
PLS I HAVE A BIG QUESTION

SO IPOB DECIDED TO KILL HIM FOR FIGHTING BIAFRA WAR?

3 Likes

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by baby124: 5:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
This murder pain me. Honestly IPOB members should be ostracized and dragged through the streets.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by saaron(m): 5:53pm On Sep 30, 2021
Only those who HATES IPOB have something to gain by murdering Mr Akunyili.
When insurgency last more than 24hrs, govt is involved - Sani Abacha.

No matter the lies and propaganda continually cooked up against IPOB, I, a Middle Belter will always be a huge supporter of IPOB.
I rather stand with IPOB than remain in the same country with foreign terrorist invaders.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by Elliot2(m): 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2021
jumper524:
To igbos cheering the activities of ESN, continue. It was how bokoharam started too and exactly how some mumu muslims faithful in the north as well as many late kings were habouring them in the north thinking they were fighting for muslims. Today, no body is safe even the elites in the north are being kidnapped. The only difference is that Esn spread of violence is much faster.
Go and preach to the people of southern kaduna to leave in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by duro4chang(m): 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2021
Woe unto those who shed his innocent blood.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by NLandIsHypocrit: 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2021
jumper524:
F00l everyone now knows that Nigeria government through their Terrorist DSS are directly responsible for his assassination and we know why.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by saaron(m): 5:58pm On Sep 30, 2021
jumper524:
The fact that you even mentioned ESN shows you're either grossly ignorant or partners working for terrorists murderers in Nigeria.
ESN was set up to defend South East from activities of Fulani terrorist. ESN mandate is security and is NOT backed by any religious ideology. That however can't be said about Boko haram, a religious terrorist organization set up to force Islamic Sharia all over Nigeria. Remember when Boko haram were raining bombs in Churches and Northern political leaders kept shut? Northern politicians are the creators of Boko haram.
No politician is behind the creation of IPOB and ESN.

1 Like

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by loveth360(f): 5:59pm On Sep 30, 2021
jumper524:
I now hate ESN and love your Nigeria army that killed my unarmed friend in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by loveth360(f): 6:03pm On Sep 30, 2021
ezenwajosh:
PLS I HAVE A BIG QUESTION

SO IPOB DECIDED TO KILL HIM FOR FIGHTING BIAFRA WAR?
My brother na the same question i dey ask ooo.

1 Like

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by OldNairalander(m): 6:07pm On Sep 30, 2021
gidgiddy:
I hope that those who are responsible for his death are apprehended as soon as possible.

I met him and his wife, late Dora Akunyili years ago at department of Radiography, UNTH Enugu. He was a consultant in the Hospital then and his wife was not well known as she would later be.

Oga you na chairman ooo, do give away for boys nah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 30, 2021
baby124:
This murder pain me. Honestly IPOB members should be ostracized and dragged through the streets.
no mind ipob. They killed him. See their flimsy excuse, that same people who killed Dora for exposing Yar adua death. killed him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by thesicilian: 6:12pm On Sep 30, 2021
jumper524:

1 Like

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by hammer567: 6:14pm On Sep 30, 2021
I STILL HAVE A RECORDING OF NNAMDI KANU PRAISING DORA AKUNKILI AND HOW HE STOPPED THE CABAL.

MAYBE THAT IS WHY THEY KILLED HER HUSBAND.

1 Like

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by Christiansen(m): 6:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
Fake news
Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by Ovamboland(m): 6:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
Fahdiga:
Old soldier. Rip man. He has seen it all. I hereby appeal to the people causing this mayhem to stop the killings for Christ sake. How can you take a life you didn't create. Let peace reign

No they must not stop, keep fueling it and inspiring them with your reckless false statements

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by zeeace(m): 6:57pm On Sep 30, 2021
He fought for biafra and the same biafrans killed him.
Morons. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by Emmanuel909090: 8:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
Rip Sir
Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by Vickym1(f): 8:25pm On Sep 30, 2021
Human life doesn't worth anything again in this con3

1 Like

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by Commentor: 9:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Since Buhari came Nigeria has totally gone south

You lot promised you would make the country ungovernable for him.

You lot are really teaching him a lesson he'll never forget.

Long may it continue.

2 Likes

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by Commentor: 9:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
gidgiddy:

I do wish your prayers would be answered because I know it would indict you.

1 Like

Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by Fahdiga(m): 9:25pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ovamboland:

No they must not stop, keep fueling it and inspiring them with your reckless false statements
How am I making reckless statements?
Re: Akunyili Had 51 Year-old Bullet In His Skull Before Tuesday's Fatal Shot by tutudesz: 9:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
Killed by those he fought to protect during the civil war

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Somebody's Son Is About To Go Down (pro Tinubu) / Peter Obi: Ortom Tackles Wike (pix) / Hope Of LP Winning One Guber Seat Fades As Otti Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.