Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions (49315 Views)

Abandoned Mansions: Estate Deserted In Abuja (Photos) / Inside Donald Trump's Multi-Million Dollar Mansions (Pictures) / Top 10 Most Expensive Homes Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by Holiness2100: 5:59pm On Sep 30, 2021
SITTING ON A FORTUNE: HERE are the world's most expensive private homes worth up to more than a BILLION pounds.

In the mix, a French bubble house and a 27-story skyscraper - but which British property scoops the priciest of all.

Les Palais Bulles – £290 million

Coined the “Bubble Palace”, Le Palais Bulle in Cannes, France, was designed by Hungarian Architect, Antti Lovag and was built between 1975-1989.+

Its nickname comes from a series of round rooms that look out over the Mediterranean sea.

Antti's inspiration for the design of the property came from a cave, but the high-class dwelling has been lavished with pricey creature comforts.

For example, the property has three swimming pools, sprawling gardens and a 500-seat amphitheatre built into the hillside grounds.

Bubble Palace is currently owned by Pierre Cardin, an Italian-born French fashion designer.

The property is mainly used as a holiday home for Pierre, alongside being a spectacular venue for parties and events.

Luxury designer Dior showed its cruise collection there as part of a massive fashion show.

The Odeon Tower - £245 million
With an estimated value of £245 million, the Odeon Tower Penthouse is right up there with the most expensive houses in the world.

For that kind of money, you’ll get a 35,000 square-foot apartment at the very top of one of the most expensive buildings in Monaco.

The Tour Odeon was designed by architect Alexandre Giraldi and developed by real estate firm Groupe Mazococo.

The penthouse is spread out over several floors and includes its own private elevator.

If that’s not enough, then how about a private water slide into a 360-degree view infinity pool.

Villa Les Cèdres – £335 million

This property on Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat in France is estimated at £335 million.

It was first built in 1830 and purchased by King Leopold II of Belgium in 1904.

It was considered to be the most expensive house on the market in 2017; but has since been overtaken by the next three properties on the list.

The property is set on approximately 35 acres of gardens, and its name derives from the many cedar trees located throughout its grounds.

The house itself is roughly 18,000 square feet and consists of 14 bedrooms. It also has an Olympic size swimming pool and a large stable, making it big enough for 30 horses.

Inside, you’ll find crystal chandeliers, gilded woodwork, 19th-century oil paintings and a wood-panelled library holding somewhere in the region of 3,000 books.

"The One" - £372 million
The LA super pad, nicknamed "The One" sprawls over 100,000 sq ft and boasts 21 bedrooms, four pools, a bowling alley and 360 degree views over Southern California from its prime location in Bel-Air.

Other features are said to include a beauty salon and a 45-seat IMAX cinema, equipped with a garage with space for 30 cars.

There is also a running track and at least four swimming pools, not counting the moat and an indoor spa.

It's in such a chic area that neighbours are said to include Friends star Jennifer Aniston and Tesla boss Elon Musk.

But the property, initially valued at an eyewatering £372 million, could now be bought in a discounted deal after the owner ran into financial trouble.

As reported by CNBC, the property has been buried under roughly £123 million in hefty debts and loans.

Antilla - £744 million

Antilla, one of the most expensive houses in world, located in Mumbai, India and costs a whopping £744 million.

It was designed and constructed by Chicago based architecture firm, Perkins & Will, and hospitality design firm, Hirsch Bender Associates.

The property was built for Mukesh Ambani, the Chairman & Managing Director of Reliance Industries Limited, a Fortune Global 500 company, and India's richest man.

The 400,000 square foot building is positioned in Mumbai’s Cumballa Hill neighboured and stands at an impressive 27 stories high.

It’s also been built to withstand an earthquake of magnitude 8 on the Richter scale.

Inside the house, you find six floors that are purely devoted to car storage, a service station for the cars, a temple, a 50-seat movie theatre and nine elevators.

It also has a health spa, three helipads, a salon, a ballroom and yoga studio, an ice-cream room and multiple cinemas.

Buckingham Palace - £2.16 billion

No surprises here, but Buckingham palace is also worth a pretty penny and ranks top among the most expensive house in the world.

The palace is owned by the Royal family and is one of a number of lavish properties in their portfolio.

It is located in the city of Westminster, London, and comprises of 775 rooms, 78 bathrooms, 92 offices and 19 staterooms. It’s been the official residence of the monarchy since 1873.

In terms of size, the palace checks in at approximately 828,000 square feet and the garden alone is 40 acres.

However, despite its impressive size and taking the title of the most expensive house in the world, it’s still not the largest palace in the world.

It’s estimated that if the palace were to be put up for sale; it would be somewhere in the region of £2.16 billion - but it’s highly unlikely it will ever happen.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/worldnews/16281827/most-expensive-homes-in-the-world/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by Holiness2100: 5:59pm On Sep 30, 2021

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by Righteousness2(m): 6:53pm On Sep 30, 2021
If Man in His Sinful Nature could Bring up such Palatial Wonders, Just Imagine the Mansions GOD ALMIGHTY has in store in Heaven for those who Serve HIM in Spirit and in truth.

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Folks in all you Do, make Preparations for your Eternity in Heaven. Don't trade it For anything or anyone. It's gonna be a Blast!

Nothing here on Earth is Comparable to what is over there in the Streets of Gold.

127 Likes 16 Shares

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by Sundaypaul12345: 9:17pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nice one, pls dont try to convert these dollars into naira, u might run mad

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by slawormiir: 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Na people dey stay those houses so...them nor get two head

This life nor Balance....and he nor go fit balance again

I don give up

From today go.....who get pass me nor be my business..
I can not come and go and kill myself....just huzzle my own and ball the one way my money reach

93 Likes 11 Shares

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by psychoblayse(m): 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2021
*sigh* OK ok
Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by ableguy(m): 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2021
Dear Men,
I pray, may we never seek help from ladies that would want to sleep with us before helping us.
grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by marttye(f): 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
Among the homes shown, the one that appeals to me is Villa Les Cèdres.
From the outside, it looks like a home, not just a large exotic building.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by kiltoko1(m): 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
Money is good

5 Likes

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
Okk
Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by nextBIGthing: 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
I’m certainly not against good things or luxury
But this is completely VANITY

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by nerorex01: 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
Awesomely innovative

1 Like

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by Zanotty(m): 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
No wonder some people no wan die

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by Mogajunior(m): 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
cool
These luxuries cannot help you sleep in the night, only a peaceful mind would. So They are all overrated.

But still hustle o..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
Righteousness2:
If Man in His Sinful Nature could Bring up such Palatial Wonders, Just Imagine what the Mansions , GOD ALMIGHTY has in store in Heaven.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Folks in all you Do, make Preparations for your Eternity in Heaven. It's gonna be a Blast!

You are a shameless fake pastor. When you use alternate account take create thread, you go use this one take type your normal loads of trash

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by seunlayi(m): 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
Fantasy
Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by solid3(m): 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
how do i own a detached 4 bedroom duplex? epp me

3 Likes

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by younglleo: 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
na me go use 290 million go dey buy house abi?
I'm not a fan of vanity upon vanity speech, but no house worth it, unless say i dey travel around dey world with the house, if not, na rubbish!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by DuduParaPara: 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
HOLINESS (Holiness2100) created a thread, RIGHTEOUSNESS (Righteousness2) de yarn nonsense wey de him mouth.
sad angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by remotecontrol: 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
.if you think is vanity please click like

7 Likes

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by Kokaine(m): 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
Righteousness2:
If Man in His Sinful Nature could Bring up such Palatial Wonders, Just Imagine what the Mansions , GOD ALMIGHTY has in store in Heaven.

Folks in all you Do, make Preparations for your Eternity in Heaven. It's gonna be a Blast!

Believe in one God and the last prophet and you will enter Paradise

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
But you said they are up to a billion pound!!!

And I am only seeing one that meets that spec
Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by Olaoluwa112(m): 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
grin
Where is our own Cocao house? grin

2 Likes

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by timefarm(m): 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
Good
Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by tunjijones(m): 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by skywalker240(m): 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
How about MJ Neverland ranch
Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by saaron(m): 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
While the rest of the world advances in technology, buhari's fulani regime is busy fuelling killings and #genocide all over Nigeria.
Bloody terrorist regime.

When insurgency last more than 24hrs, govt is involved - Sani Abacha.

No matter the lies and propaganda continually cooked up against IPOB, I, a Middle Belter and many others will continue to SUPPORT IPOB.
Better to side with freedom than live in the same country with foreign terrorist invaders.

4 Likes

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by pepetua(m): 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
There is one in my village that worth more than them all.

1 Like

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by SOZINN: 9:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
Imagine splurging billions of euros on a house that was not built in the sky. grin
At least show me something different.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by Bobotic(m): 9:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
Sir, Nigerians money you have been lavishing is too much, should I tell dem to include your house properties in Overseas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions by Heartmender1: 9:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
grin

God when embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Resident Laments The Invasion Of His Compound By Monkeys (Photos, Video) / Landlord Puts Up Tenant’s Underwear For Auction For Owing Him Rent (Photo) / Pics: Which Of These Nigeria Banks Has The Finest Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.