Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,998 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

What's Up With Romance Section Advertisements? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's Up With Romance Section Advertisements? (524 Views)

Foolish Things Some Girls Do On Romance Section / if These 3 Monikers Leave Romance Section Today Thousands Will Follow Them!!!! / Share Your Memorable Embarrassing Moment In The Romance Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Up With Romance Section Advertisements? by MrsChima1(f): 8:19pm On May 29, 2011
I know I am not the only one that see those strange advertising links at the bottom of the site screen after posting or responding to a comment. 

One time I responded to someone who mentioned something about short manlinesses.  Why did an advertising link appears asking if I am interested in a penile implant?  WTF? 

One time I wrote to Mr. Cock about looking like Shrek begging for punny,  an advertising link appears at the time about an upcoming movie, Shrek 3. 

What are some of the strange Nairaland advertising links that made you say, "WTF"?
Re: What's Up With Romance Section Advertisements? by snowdrops(m): 8:51pm On May 29, 2011
maybe spyware/virus
Re: What's Up With Romance Section Advertisements? by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 29, 2011
grin grin

chima it's related to the 'cookies' (invisible 'trackers') on each page. They search through and use the content on each thread and choose what to put as an advertisement. The ads are really blank spaces that are filled randomly depending on the reoccurance of certain words or phrases on a page.

for example if ten or even two ppl type about bleaching creams on this thread, bleaching cream advertisements will come up.

not sure how to explain this  undecided.
Re: What's Up With Romance Section Advertisements? by MrsChima1(f): 9:24pm On May 29, 2011
Hmm. I tired to copy and paste the advertising link below with the image to show what appears after you posted the cookie thread. An advertisement about computer classes showed up.

(1) (Reply)

Rubber Strips Industrial Strength Needed Urgently / Unizik Post Ume Results / Pagan 9ja Is Back! Beware U Theiving Missionaries & Brainwashingmachines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.