Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,241 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) (66441 Views)

Tony Elumelu Wears N400,000 Shirt To Staff Lunch Meeting (Photos) / Paddy Adenuga: 'I Cannot Date A Lady That Wears Wig, I Have Standards' / I Have Been Importing For 4 Years But I Don't Hawk My Items - Learn My Secret (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Psalmistproject: 11:45pm On Oct 02, 2021
jaeyking:
Only in Nigeria You would see someone hawking under the scorching sun with a suit and tie.

And he would be praised embarassed embarassed embarassed

Praised about what
Being foolish or drawing unnecessary attention undecided undecided undecided

Next we would see a mechanic working with suit and tie.

Please every job description has its own clothes

Putting on white with an apron. If he wants Good attention he should dress like a chef

Please this corporate dressing while hawking is quite silly and has to end
Bad belle, is he wearing it to cook the agidi or serve it? He is only serving.
It shows you don't go out. Go to international resorts and see waiters serving in a mind-blowing corporate attire. This is also true for professional ushering services.

2 Likes

Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Habib101: 11:45pm On Oct 02, 2021
D hustle is real, 99.9% of successes we here at the beginning people laugh,criticise,hate,doubt etc. u just focus on what u believe in, Las Las people must say something to make u angry or give u courage, once u are doing something positive good and believe in it then go to work and close your ears to negatives.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 02, 2021
He's happy, contented, and rises every morning with purpose.

If we the youths can radiate this kind of energy and passion, boko-haram, unknown gun men, kidnappers and ritualists will not exist.

My only problem with him is that his strategy wouldn't get him out of the rat race except someone decides to sponsor him.

As long as he's happy and aspiring to grow, fire on!

1 Like

Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Habib101: 11:48pm On Oct 02, 2021
habsydiamond:
This made me remember of those abokis wey go dey use dirty water wash fruits.. Na only God know how many days dem dey wear one cloth.... Strategy is important in business... If u can strategies well no matter what u are selling be it leaves.. U will make ur money.
Strategy very important and which is not thought in school
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Toks2008(m): 11:59pm On Oct 02, 2021
CampussNews:
A 22-Year Old Indigene of Akwa Ibom state named Moses Ubi who dresses in corporate wears to sell 'agidi' has gone viral on the internet after an interview with BBC News Pidgin.

Moses Ubi is a hawker who plies his trade with a ‘corporate’ style and his strategy has earned him some worthy spotlight. His story went viral weeks ago for dressing like a bank official while hawking food on the streets.

The native of Akwa Ibom state said that he is the only qualified, recognised, and educated person selling educated agidi.

According to Moses, he offers a balanced diet with his food, as it has numerous nutrients in it.

The 22-year-old explained that he dresses well as a part of a grand strategy to attract customers. He added that once you like his dressing, you would want to taste what he is hawking.

Interestingly, he revealed that when he started speaking English as a strategy, his use of the spoken language was not good until he perfected it.

The young man said that the first time he started dressing corporately, he was laughed out by his neighbour but he kept at it because he thought to himself; why should he shy away from something that gives him money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-FUFExswRQ

https:///nigerian-man-who-dresses-in-corporate-to-hawk-food-goes-viral-online-video/

Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Adakintroy: 12:04am On Oct 03, 2021
I will.love to be positive but that not mature..he is still a stupid person
.whatever you are doing take to it like a champ. Mind over matter
Ignore the cooperate thing it belongs were it belongs. Looking like a banker while hawking is sign you insecure about what your are doing. Look like a raggedy market woman if that's the uniform..every profession has one. Lawyers has their so are doctor and engineers with their hats. Nothing is more liberating than casual wears on a hot.sunny day. Why stress yourself with suit and tie over hot sun? you de clown, stunt or actually doing seriouse business. Can you keep that up if that's your line of stock. Or you just plain begging for the cooperate world to take you in. Either way you still a long road to self discovery.

1 Like

Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Olumaeme: 12:11am On Oct 03, 2021
Seems this is the easiest way to go viral now
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by tctrills: 12:14am On Oct 03, 2021
KarinaLove:
I saw this picture two days ago.

Quite disturbing.

What is he trying to prove now.

So that one rich man working in one big Oil Company will see him and like him for his cooperate dressing while Hawking under the hot sun and be like

"Hmmm...I like your drive and approach to work. I like your zeal and bla bla bla. Take my card. Call me. I work for an oil firm. Let me help you get a job in my company"

Somebody should tell him that his strategy is good but might not work all the time.

How many Nigerians working in Oil Firms or Telecomms will see their fellow men and want to help them get jobs in their own jobs.
Nobody wants you to rise above them.

My 2 cents.
The strategy has already worked.
He has gone viral and is already a sensation.
The number of customers he gets has tripled overnight.
Now a young man who no one knew yesterday has become a brand today.
Even before he went viral, His looks would have stood him out in his community. Because of his dressing, many would easily recognize him and relate to his products.
There is a lesson to be learned here.

2 Likes

Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Burgerlomo: 12:17am On Oct 03, 2021
God bless your hustle bro
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Yoighaman(m): 12:24am On Oct 03, 2021
jaeyking:

Well in a sane country he would only attract mockery.
But in Nigeria he would attract praise and probably upliftment.

Well whatever works for you

But u and I know this corporate stuff is inappropriate

The world is no longer sane! There is no sane country anymore!

If there were, cross dressers would not be celebrated with so much hype and attention.

What the guy is doing is child's play compared to what obtains in other climes and they are hailed over there as well.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by ezewealth(m): 12:58am On Oct 03, 2021
Adakintroy:
.whatever you are doing take to it like a champ. Mind over matter
Ignore the cooperate thing it belongs were it belongs. Looking like a banker while hawking is sign you insecure about what your are doing. Look like a raggedy market woman if that's the uniform..every profession has one. Lawyers has their so are doctor and engineers with their hats. Nothing is more liberating than casual wears on a hot.sunny day. Why stress yourself with suit and tie over hot sun? you de clown, stunt or actually doing seriouse business. Can you keep that up if that's your line of stock. Or you just plain begging for the cooperate world to take you in. Either way you still a long road to self discovery.
Bitter truth. I wanted to write something simultaneous to this but I want to be devoid of wrong perception from people.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by motta(m): 1:05am On Oct 03, 2021
Suffer fit don make am old.. but on a second thought that man don pass 38 years
CampussNews:
Not what he wears, not what he sells. What intrigues me about the video is the joy and happiness on his face. He is so full of life and humour embarassed

My observation : Even though I'm the OP, I still doubt this guy is 22 grin shocked ... Well, he said it with his own mouth but there's no way I'm older than he is. That is someone's grandfather we talking about bruvv undecided Lastly, if you love Campus gossips and you don't visit you're wrong!
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Obas101(m): 2:00am On Oct 03, 2021
KarinaLove:

Quite disturbing.

So that one rich man working in one big Oil Company will see him and like him for his cooperate dressing while Hawking under the hot sun and be like

"Hmmm...I like your drive and approach to work. I like your zeal and bla bla bla. Take my card. Call me. I work for an oil firm. Let me help you get a job in my company"

Somebody should tell him that his strategy is good but might not work all the time.

How many Nigerians working in Oil Firms or Telecomms will see their fellow men and want to help them get jobs in their own jobs.

My 2 cents.

My first thought was its a girl making this comment... Confirmed. Like the guy up said you've never worked for anything in your life before... Entitlement shit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Adakintroy: 2:08am On Oct 03, 2021
ezewealth:

Bitter truth. I wanted to write something simultaneous to this but I want to be devoid of wrong perception from people.

Bro say you mind..it's a class We learning
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by BigBashiru: 2:12am On Oct 03, 2021
CampussNews:
A 22-Year Old Indigene of Akwa Ibom state named Moses Ubi who dresses in corporate wears to sell 'agidi' has gone viral on the internet after an interview with BBC News Pidgin.

Moses Ubi is a hawker who plies his trade with a ‘corporate’ style and his strategy has earned him some worthy spotlight. His story went viral weeks ago for dressing like a bank official while hawking food on the streets.

The native of Akwa Ibom state said that he is the only qualified, recognised, and educated person selling educated agidi.

According to Moses, he offers a balanced diet with his food, as it has numerous nutrients in it.

The 22-year-old explained that he dresses well as a part of a grand strategy to attract customers. He added that once you like his dressing, you would want to taste what he is hawking.

Interestingly, he revealed that when he started speaking English as a strategy, his use of the spoken language was not good until he perfected it.

The young man said that the first time he started dressing corporately, he was laughed out by his neighbour but he kept at it because he thought to himself; why should he shy away from something that gives him money.

https:///nigerian-man-who-dresses-in-corporate-to-hawk-food-goes-viral-online-video/

BBC Pidgeon = British neo-colonial media.
We dont need Nigerian events covered by British State media in pidgeon English. Evil colonists, leave us alone!
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Ndipe(m): 2:13am On Oct 03, 2021
That's his choice. It's not like he is killing or robbing people for a livelihood. He is earning a living via a legitimate trade. Look past his style of dressing which gives him joy and focus on a bigger picture which is his willingness to eke a living through legitimate ways.

jaeyking:
Only in Nigeria You would see someone hawking under the scorching sun with a suit and tie.

And he would be praised embarassed embarassed embarassed

Praised about what
Being foolish or drawing unnecessary attention undecided undecided undecided

Next we would see a mechanic working with suit and tie.

Please every job description has its own clothes

Putting on white with an apron. If he wants Good attention he should dress like a chef

Please this corporate dressing while hawking is quite silly and has to end
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by jimcaddy(m): 2:34am On Oct 03, 2021
What Buhari cannot do does not exist.. See wetin Naija Dom turn this man into? Corporate hawker.. Nigeria is a dramatic country walahi.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by AljaanIVQ007(m): 2:41am On Oct 03, 2021
CampussNews:
Not what he wears, not what he sells. What intrigues me about the video is the joy and happiness on his face. He is so full of life and humour embarassed

My observation : Even though I'm the OP, I still doubt this guy is 22 grin shocked ... Well, he said it with his own mouth but there's no way I'm older than he is. That is someone's grandfather we talking about bruvv undecided Lastly, if you love Campus gossips and you don't visit you're wrong!

Yeah,i saw this man along Ikot Ekpene road,opposite chicken republic few days when i was out of the campus ;Uniuyo,the man is damn bold and for sure above 22,the man na bros abeg, as in na bros...it was quite obvious say baba no be 22.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Originalsly: 3:02am On Oct 03, 2021
Adakintroy:

.Whatever you are doing do it like a champ.[/b]Mind over matter
Ignore the cooperate thing it belongs were it belongs. [b]Looking like a banker
while hawking is sign you insecure about what your are doing. Look like a raggedy market woman if that's the uniform..every profession has one. Lawyers has their so are doctor and engineers with their hats. Nothing is more liberating than casual wears on a hot.sunny day. Why stress yourself with suit and tie over hot sun? you de clown, stunt or actually doing seriouse business. Can you keep that up if that's your line of stock. Or you just plain begging for the cooperate world to take you in. Either way you still a long road to self discovery.

Wayyy too many of us are like crabs in a barrel .... haters ... never want to see another rise to the top... always trying to pull him down instead of pushing him up. Let's chew on what you wrote.... first bolded... what he is doing... is he not taking to it like a champ? ... posture A... confidence A+ ... presentation A+ ... apparent hygiene of seller and food A ... personality A..... you tell me what aspects made you conclude he is not doing it like a champ. Defend your statement or I'll conclude you are the stupid person.
Second bolded... is it only bankers wear suits? ... are you that ignorant in this 21st century with the world at your finger tips? FYI ... waiters dress the same.
Third ....hasn't he been keeping it up? ... after listening to the video only a very stupid person will make such a statement.
Last... hasn't he discovered himself?... he has found his purpose in life ... has a goal ... and a working strategy to achieve it.

I wouldn't even ask if you have discovered yourself... if you are contributing anyway in moving society forward ... just standing on the wayside with a wet blanket ready to throw it over anyone trying to make it in this life. Now why should you not be the stupid one?

@ topic .... pride is the biggest set back preventing us from doing for ourselves. Personally... if I had seen him along the way... without knowing what he was selling ... even if it was more expensive than others ... even if I don't eat it..... I would've bought at least two just to support his effort and originality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Godbless3(m): 3:26am On Oct 03, 2021
I know this nigga from akpasak estate, uyo along airport road. This nigga ain't 22.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by 10mobile: 3:29am On Oct 03, 2021
SporaD8:

My assumption might be wrong, but you sound like someone who have never had reason to work for his/her own money before.

Can't you see her moniker? KatrinaLove. From the moniker you can know how she makes money.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by ExtraVioment: 4:45am On Oct 03, 2021
May God continue to bless your hustle.

The guy get grit.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by dazzlingd(m): 5:17am On Oct 03, 2021
KarinaLove:

Quite disturbing.

My 2 cents.

Dont mind those gullible ones quoting u, I agree with you.
It is all for the attention and thats why his news is here on NL, the strategy is getting boring

1 Like

Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by dazzlingd(m): 5:20am On Oct 03, 2021
CampussNews:

The fake joy on his face??
Baba dey act nollywood u say he is joyous.
Let him try this for 6 months without receiving the attention he craved and watch him dump the tie and shirt and go look for another hustle
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by dazzlingd(m): 5:23am On Oct 03, 2021
hahn:

Like that other idiot dressing corporately to wash car wind shields. What manner of fuckery? undecided

So that one big man can see him and say wow, what a hard working responsible man, have my card, call me.

Nollywood strategy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by 9gerian: 5:28am On Oct 03, 2021
What a story!

So much to be learnt from his experience. You are indeed blessed. Your dressing, English and Agidi has brought you fame (bbc interview).

CampussNews:

Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by McTobe(m): 6:06am On Oct 03, 2021
He is a kool guy, he is also very funny and down to earth.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by bewla(m): 6:51am On Oct 03, 2021
CampussNews:

the only thing I dislike out this is

You steal people FCT
Untop you matter
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Elidrisy20: 6:51am On Oct 03, 2021
What's special about wearing oyinbo clothes?
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Matheusmartin: 6:59am On Oct 03, 2021
Commentor:

Hard life coupled with corporate wears might just age a man.

I seriously doubt it.
That guy face tooo strong.
Lol

1 Like

Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Adakintroy: 7:15am On Oct 03, 2021
Originalsly:

Wayyy too many of us are like crabs in a barrel .... haters ... never want to see another rise to the top... always trying to pull him down instead of pushing him up. Let's chew on what you wrote.... first bolded... what he is doing... is he not taking to it like a champ? ... posture A... confidence A+ ... presentation A+ ... apparent hygiene of seller and food A ... personality A..... you tell me what aspects made you conclude he is not doing it like a champ. Defend your statement or I'll conclude you are the stupid person.
Second bolded... is it only bankers wear suits? ... are you that ignorant in this 21st century with the world at your finger tips? FYI ... waiters dress the same.
Third ....hasn't he been keeping it up? ... after listening to the video only a very stupid person will make such a statement.
Last... hasn't he discovered himself?... he has found his purpose in life ... has a goal ... and a working strategy to achieve it.

I wouldn't even ask if you have discovered yourself... if you are contributing anyway in moving society forward ... just standing on the wayside with a wet blanket ready to throw it over anyone trying to make it in this life. Now why should you not be the stupid one?

@ topic .... pride is the biggest set back preventing us from doing for ourselves. Personally... if I had seen him along the way... without knowing what he was selling ... even if it was more expensive than others ... even if I don't eat it..... I would've bought at least two just to support his effort and originality.

Oga if you can't tell whem someone is doing something for attention vs. when they really doing it for real reason that's you. That's why the slogan here is "everything na package". Lie!.

Everything no be package... na process till the finish stages is reach..you always talking about hating like its haters pepper spray.. In a public forum everyone must not have same opinion. Are you so weak of mind that you want yes men around you. If you have friend and you doing something and one at least don't have a strong contrary opinion you don't have friends.

This things have played out multiple times. With graduates hawking with suits. It's a gimmick to draw attention. So they are ask question and they tell pity sad stories to get sympathy. Would you ever know him if not for this act
What happens when the attention dies off and people stop being amuse by his antiques. That Hussle spirit in him better be real or his fustration will be worst than when it started.

When you starting.something be small and concentrate. you don't need the loudness for progress..you not equiped yet..small is part of progress..rest on it, own it,..be it. You have much to learn. Stop cutting corners.

If you are happy with what you do nobody has to know.

1 Like

Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by foreshore(m): 7:30am On Oct 03, 2021
CampussNews:

This one na wetin we go call am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others / 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business / After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.