Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment (30388 Views)

Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP / How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? / Queries About Tinted Car Windows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by sucessdriven: 10:00am On Oct 03, 2021
Hi guys, Got a car coming in and there is no model of that car that does not have factory tinted windows. I read somewhere that Nigerian police have suspended issuing tinted permits, so people that still get theirs have to backdate it, please how true is this and does it work?

Also, it would be nice if people that have tinted cars share their experience so far with the police. Thanks in advance.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Foolishbuhari: 11:54am On Oct 03, 2021
sucessdriven:
Hi guys, Got a car coming in and there is no model of that car that does not have factory tinted windows. I read somewhere that Nigerian police have suspended issuing tinted permits, so people that still get theirs have to backdate it, please how true is this and does it work?

Also, it would be nice if people that have tinted cars share their experience so far with the police. Thanks in advance.

They still give tinted permits for cars with factory tints

38 Likes

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by sucessdriven: 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by ospreywin(m): 3:01pm On Oct 03, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

For where?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by ospreywin(m): 3:02pm On Oct 03, 2021
sucessdriven:

You can't get a tinted permit for now until the suspension has been lifted, you can alternatively get a medical report for factory fitted tint and you're good to go. Don't get a backdated one na.... tongue

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by sucessdriven: 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2021
ospreywin:

You can't get a tinted permit for now until the suspension has been lifted, you can alternatively get a medical report for factory fitted tint and you're good to go. Don't get a backdated one na.... tongue

Ok, If i understand you correctly are you saying police will accept a medical report if you do not have a tinted permit?
Also, if its not possible to get tinted permits anymore, then what is the fate of owners of factory-fitted tint?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by ospreywin(m): 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2021
sucessdriven:

Ok, If i understand you correctly are you saying police will accept a medical report if you do not have a tinted permit?
Also, if its not possible to get tinted permits anymore, then what is the fate of owners of factory-fitted tint?
I wouldn't totally say all policemen cos some of them are stark illiterate but as far as I know they don't disturb you when you have a medical and the fact that most of them are aware of the suspension and the exclusive privilege given to factory fitted tint vehicles, they might have issue with the non factory fitted tint. At least with several people I did registration for their factory fitted vehicle since the ban there's no complain cos I procure the medical report for them. The fate of factory-fitted vehicle owner is just to be patient till when they lift the suspension of issuance of new permits,however the IG has already issued a statement after the ban that factory fitted tint vehicles are permitted.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by sucessdriven: 7:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
ospreywin:
I wouldn't totally say all policemen cos some of them are stark illiterate but as far as I know they don't disturb you when you have a medical and the fact that most of them are aware of the suspension and the exclusive privilege given to factory fitted tint vehicles, they might have issue with the non factory fitted tint. At least with several people I did registration for their factory fitted vehicle since the ban there's no complain cos I procure the medical report for them. The fate of factory-fitted vehicle owner is just to be patient till when they lift the suspension of issuance of new permits,however the IG has already issued a statement after the ban that factory fitted tint vehicles are permitted.

Thanks. I just learnt factory-fitted tints are exempted from permits because you can still see through those. Police target are those after market ones that are completely dark and you cant see anything inside.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by alphabbey1(m): 9:19pm On Oct 03, 2021
sucessdriven:

if you don't want police to be stopping you every time, don't tint your ride...

6 Likes

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by diportivo: 10:05pm On Oct 03, 2021
sucessdriven:

Thanks. I just learnt factory-fitted tints are exempted from permits because you can still see through those. Police target are those after market ones that are completely dark and you cant see anything inside.

at first

before the entire illiterate police force went bonkers and decided that factory fitted also needs to av permits....something wey we dey buy because of the region they are bought from undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by bobbiiee: 1:26am On Oct 04, 2021
Processing of tint permit has been suspended. Yet, my brother went to police command that was formally responsible for it. He was told that he could use his car without fear or intimidation since the tint is factory-fitted. He pleaded with them by saying, while this is true, you know your people. An officer took the copy we generated on the website meant for tint permit months before the processing was suspended and minuted on it.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by sucessdriven: 1:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
diportivo:

at first

before the entire illiterate police force went bonkers and decided that factory fitted also needs to av permits....something wey we dey buy because of the region they are bought from undecided

Abi
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by sucessdriven: 1:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
alphabbey1:
if you don't want police to be stopping you every time, don't tint your ride...

I don't think you read the post

37 Likes 1 Share

bobbiiee:
Processing of tint permit has been suspended. Yet, my brother went to police command in Benin that was formally responsible for it. He was told that he could use his car without fear or intimidation since the tint is factory-fitted. He pleaded with them by saying, while this is true, you know your people. An officer took the copy we generated on the website meant for tint permit months before the processing was suspended and minuted on it.

Thanks for this.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Cokahot: 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2021
Stop or no stop. Hold your 100 to 500 naira. Unless those police them no just like u,or u no dey Roger them or Greet them or even shake their hand. Get your documents intact,ID ,and tint na the last tin on the npf mind.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Thalamus: 6:01pm On Oct 04, 2021
Cokahot:
Stop or no stop. Hold your 100 to 500 naira. Unless those police them no just like u,or u no dey Roger them or Greet them or even shake their hand. Get your documents intact,ID ,and tint na the last tin on the npf mind.

The bolded is sadly the mentality of most Nigerians, Not for me thou. Not when i have all documents intact, i'm not the cause of them being underpaid abeg neither is it me that sent them to go join police, as long as i'm polite and not rude, the worst the silly ones can do is delay me.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by TruthOverFacts: 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
Hhhh
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by chidonweb(m): 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2021
Tinted glass shouldn't be a big deal.
I don't know why people insist on getting it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by mactoni91(m): 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2021
Police no dey ever hear...

#Endsars sage should have made these guys turn a new leaf
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Ezedon(m): 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nigeria is a useless country

1 Like

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by revived: 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
E Go Be
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Administration1: 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
Lol
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Bookhub: 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
Make i first get my own car first..

Meanwhile are you serious about gaining admissions into yabatech this year well just know that the part-time form is now officially out and will close October 31 register now and make the first list contact us
Zero nine zero eight two nine five one four six two...
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by highbee02: 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
Somebody should assist me with#1k to feed o, Kwara State Government is yet to pay some set of workers.Thanks

Name: ‎Raheem Ibraheem, union bank savings account : ‎‎0157580238‎‎
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by PqsMike: 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
cheesy cheesy
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Ancecoker(m): 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
grin
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by lonelydora: 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
Go to any police headquarters or command, you will "officially" get it done.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill / See The Audi Q3 Sportback 2020 Which Offers More Style In Less Space / Picture Of A $1.3m Bugatti Veyron In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.