Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? (7297 Views)

Poll: Which Team Played Better?

Arsenal: 86% (106 votes)
Manchester United: 13% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid / Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi / Patrice Evra Warns Manchester United Against Wounded Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by jmaine: 1:36pm On May 30, 2011
Manure United is a great football club no doubt and arguably the best in England if the Liverpool fans will like to accent to it   undecided undecided . . . But you also need to say the truth the way it is . .Arse-anal played better than Manure against Barca dating way back to 2006 final even with Barca a man -down syndrome lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by texazzpete(m): 1:43pm On May 30, 2011
jmaine:

Manure United is a great football club no doubt and arguably the best in England if the Liverpool fans will like to accent that fact  undecided undecided . . . But you also need to say the truth the way it is . .Arse-anal played better than Manure against Barca dating way back to 2006 final even with Barca a man -down syndrome lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

As I recall, Arsenal lost that game.

Also, the Ref cheated for Arsenal. Where do you disallow a valid goal to give a red card and a free kick?!

@Topic
This is hilarious so now all Arsenal fans have to cling on to is that they were the 'better losers'?

It is more shameful to lose a Carling cup final to lowly Birmingham when you haven't won anything for 6 years than to lose to the best footballing side ever (Barca)
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by texazzpete(m): 1:44pm On May 30, 2011
Also it is worth noting that Arsenal are probably the only team in La Liga and UCL to lose to Barca without even a single shot on goal shocked
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 30, 2011
If manure had adopted the strategy arseanal used when they played against barca, the match would have been more interesting.
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by jmaine: 2:02pm On May 30, 2011
texazzpete:

As I recall, Arsenal lost that game.

Also, the Ref cheated for Arsenal. Where do you disallow a valid goal to give a red card and a free kick?!

@Topic
This is hilarious so now all Arsenal fans have to cling on to is that they were the 'better losers'?

It is more shameful to lose a Carling cup final to lowly Birmingham when you haven't won anything for 6 years than to lose to the best footballing side ever (Barca)

Kindly focus on the title of the thread which says who played better against Barca  . . . not trying to bring in other factors that can form a thread of it's own . . .  and BTW . . .The current Barca team no doubt is an amazing overwhelming footballing side, but the best footballing side ever is still debatable and subject to personnel opinion . .where will you place the AC Milan era of the Marco van Bastern, Ruud Gullit and Frank Rijkaard . .Those bunch of players also have an impeccable record in the same stead as the current Barca team resulting from this recent champs league victory . .
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by PeeDaVinci: 2:10pm On May 30, 2011
@snowdrops
snowdrops:

when did they draw

last year's champions league at emirates
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8591643.stm
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by Afam4eva(m): 2:13pm On May 30, 2011
Both Arsenal and ManU are losers. They should both focus on the premiership where they face clubs like Wigan , Sunderland etc. Local champs.
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by blog4all(m): 2:20pm On May 30, 2011
To me arsenal played far more beta the Man United, to me arsenal lost the match becos of the center referee. RVP did not deserve the second yellow card.it was because of the red card that gave barca d qualification.
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by jmaine: 2:22pm On May 30, 2011
afam4eva:

Both Arsenal and ManU are losers. They should both focus on the premiership where they face clubs like Wigan , Sunderland etc. Local champs.

If only the latter (Manure) can replicate their ability in England  angry to have a hold on center referees like the Catalonia team have in Europe  angry  . . then they would be dominating the European stage as often as possible . .even without that . .the Manure team is still a great side in Europe no doubt . .Just that their trend of self destructing in Finals against Barca is sour . . They appear to suddenly feel they are very inferior which i doubt considering Manure tanacity when they are up for it . . . Well, who won't be fair to pay respect to this great Barca side when you meet them . . . They make football look so incredibly cheap and very annoying to opposing team members  grin grin . .They make you run futile errands on the pitch on a constant basis  cheesy cheesy without rest  angry angry
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by omo9ja1(m): 2:29pm On May 30, 2011
If Arsenal play btter than United they should be in the final - losers trying to console themselves
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by Jeel: 2:31pm On May 30, 2011
Arsenal surely played better.
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by fexlist(m): 2:36pm On May 30, 2011
arsenal
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by martinosi: 2:59pm On May 30, 2011
Arsenal Played better, but the truth be told Barcalona is using FEAR to defeat teams.
When Arsenal played against them in the last 16 @ the Emirates and won 2:1
they took their chances and overcame the FEAR that barca tries to use on teams.

The 2nd leg at Barca was a mess for Arsenal as Van Persie was playing out of
over-emotions and a Vandetta for losing to 7 Barca players at the world
cup final in South Africa and Fabregas did not help matters as his silly
back pass at the edge of the Arsenal box gifted Barca with their first goal
in the 2nd leg.

BARCELONA PASSES THE BALL AROUND AND TRIES AND SUCCEEDS TO INTIMADATE TEAMS
THEY ALSO HUSTLE TEAMS TO MAKE MISTAKES ON THE BALL,

Once other teams figure this out *Break their stride* BARCA Days will be other!!!

I DO BELIEVE THAT IF ARSENAL DRAWS BARCA IN THE UCL Next year if will be a different story

FABREGAS SHOULD LEAVE, HE HAS TURNED INTO NEGATIVE ENERGY IN ARSENAL,

BTW - I DONT SEE SPAIN RETAINING THE WORLD CUP IN BRAZIL, THE BRAZILLIANS &
SOUTH AMERICAN TEAMS ARE GOING TO BE BENT ON TEACHING SPAIN A LESSON IN 2014!!!
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by benlay(m): 3:01pm On May 30, 2011
tunnytox:

Look dude I'm not into in Arsene we trust bull shhhht I believe Arsenal deserve to have been very successful especially in the last 6 years and i also believe Wenger has a lot to answer for why this is not so.
BTW Man utd success does come at a price and judging by the fact that Arsenal hasn't spend so much the 4th positin they achieve may not be bad after all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1391980/Manchester-United-478m-debt-afford-let-Sir-Alex-spend-spend-spend.html

I won't praise a team that spend less and finish 4th position all the time, just saying, the market is open for everybody to get the players they think will give 'em success. Fourth is not bad afterall that was a joke of the year.
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by martinosi: 3:10pm On May 30, 2011
benlay:

I won't not praise a team that spend less and finish 4th position all the time, just saying, the market is open for everybody to get the players they think will give 'em success. Fourth is not bad afterall that was a joke of the year.

Dude lets be honest Barcelona can not do to Brazilian Teams, what they do to all these fearful European teams.

Can Barcelona outdo Sao Paulo?, Atletico Mineiro?, Vasco Da Gama?, Corinthians?, Flamengo?,

Even Internacional of Brazil beat Barcelona in a Friendly match!!!,

Teams need to overcome their Fear and Break Barca down Period,

Since Internacional of Brazil beat Barca in a friendly match they dont like going to play
south american Teams for friendlies, Your Guess why is as good as Mine!!!
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by babyboy3(m): 3:14pm On May 30, 2011
arsenal didnt have a shot at goal
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by martinosi: 3:17pm On May 30, 2011
baby-boy:

arsenal didnt have a shot at goal

^^^^^^^^^^

Becos European Teams are intimidated by Barcelona,

Can Barcelona do that to Vasco Da Gama, Corinthians or Flamengo or even Atletico Mineiro

NO WHY!!!,

Internacional of Brazill made Barcelona Look like Kids in their Friendly Match,
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by martinosi: 3:23pm On May 30, 2011

See the kick around match of Barcelona Vs Brazil last September 2010

BRAZIL 3 - Barcelona 0 lol!!!!

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSaDCyoXbVA[/flash]

EVERY BARCELONA PLAYER KNOWS WHO THE KINGS OF FOOTBALL R AT THIS VIDEO BELOW SHOWS!!!!

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chaGoKn_hdo&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by Stevez32(m): 3:28pm On May 30, 2011
How can a team that cldn't muster a shot throught 90mins play better?
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by AjanleKoko: 3:43pm On May 30, 2011
martinosi:

^^^^^^^^^^

Becos European Teams are intimidated by Barcelona,

Can Barcelona do that to Vasco Da Gama, Corinthians or Flamengo or even Atletico Mineiro

NO WHY!!!,

Internacional of Brazill made Barcelona Look like Kids in their Friendly Match,

Seriously. Barcelona B? And Internacional who were beaten by TP Mazembe?

Barca B is a team of under-20s mainly. Plus, who gives a crap about friendlies?
The Club World Cup is in December. Let Internacional or any of the South American teams bring whatever they have against the Real Barcelona. Stop looking for anything to discredit a great side.

Oh yeah, I forgot, you hate Spain too. Didn't you say last year that Xavi was overhyped?
Pls keep hating them, while they keep piling on the medals. Your hatred is obviously a good thing for the Catalans.
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by tunnytox(m): 3:46pm On May 30, 2011
benlay:

I won't praise a team that spend less and finish 4th position all the time, just saying, the market is open for everybody to get the players they think will give 'em success. Fourth is not bad afterall that was a joke of the year.

How is that a joke? you seem to be reading my post upside down, no one is asking you to praise any team the bottom line is you reap what you sow. Arsenal invest less and they achieved less than United how is that unexpected? However, the thread is really about the 2 teams performances against Barca and as far as I can see Arsenal performed better. Some people claimed they have no shot at goal well that's not the issue its all about the fact that at least they won the first leg, while Barca was only able to score more goals only after Arsenal has been reduced to 10 men. Performances is not only judged by the amount of shot at goal you have but more importantly how much goal you scored and fewer goals conceeded.
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by vicenzo(m): 3:46pm On May 30, 2011
Both teams are not anywhere as good as barca,chai!! Man u fall my hand,my first time ever supporting man u,and what did i get?
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by vicenzo(m): 3:50pm On May 30, 2011
tunnytox:

How is that a joke? you seem to be reading my post upside down, no one is asking you to praise any team the bottom line is you reap what you sow. Arsenal invest less and they achieved less than United how is that unexpected? However, the thread is really about the 2 teams performances against Barca and as far as I can see Arsenal performed better. Some people claimed they have no shot at goal well that's not the issue its all about the fact that at least they won the first leg, while Barca was only able to score more goals only after Arsenal has been reduced to 10 men. Performances is not only judged by the amount of shot at goal you have but more importantly how much goal you scored and fewer goals conceeded.
WORD!!
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by vicenzo(m): 3:53pm On May 30, 2011
Both teams are not anywhere as good as barca,chai!! Man u fall my hand,my first time ever supporting man u,and what did i get?
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by Effiko(m): 4:33pm On May 30, 2011
wateva ppl , buh arsenal played well in de 1st leg , if onli UCL could hav a 2nd leg >sadface<
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 30, 2011
I voted arsenal.man u is a big disappointment to themselves and fans.Arsenal lost 2-1 against barca in 2006 UCL final but man u lost 2-0 and 3-1 in 2009 and 2011;it shows that man u is nowhere to be rated along with barca.all they do is make noise.see how the so called champion of england is being humiliated by barca even chelsea with their loosing streak would have performed better.
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by Myself2(m): 4:41pm On May 30, 2011
Arsenal played better than manutd hic,Arsenal is better than Barcelona hic.Anybody that hic wants to attack me hic,your father hic  tongue tongue
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by isleman(m): 4:43pm On May 30, 2011
simply go by the game statistics and aggregates not by mere say and opinion.

Aggregate

Arsenal 3 - Barca - 4

ManUTD 1 - Barca 3

Simple - Arsenal played better.

Did you realize that only MOURINHO has been able to stop Barca in the last 3 season? watch our for REAL MADRID Next season.
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by purpleblue: 5:08pm On May 30, 2011
Messi once said that the only team he was scared of playing in the UCL is Chelsea. How about that?
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by fredoooooo: 8:57pm On May 30, 2011
Arsenal and his fans too get wahala , a team that didnt win anything comparing one game with a team that won EPL and 2nd in europe ,
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by snowdrops(m): 9:00pm On May 30, 2011
Man-ure and their fans. Dem cheat their way go win EPL, and dem come here dey claim say them too much. Abegi. Thanks God for clubs like barca. Them go re-orientate you to reality.
Re: Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? by Gbenge77(m): 9:17pm On May 30, 2011
Arsenal did put up a fight against Barca.They were outplayed but did not go down easily.It was such an abject display by United.One shot one target in 90 minutes?Their vulnerability was cruelly exposed by Barca.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PSG Vs Real Madrid : UCL (0 - 0) On 21st October 2015 / Ucl: Chelsea Vs Manchester United [0 - 1]On 6th April 2011 / UCL: Chelsea(4) Vs Liverpool(4) [Agg 7 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.