Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine (25897 Views)

Putin Tests 'unstoppable ' Hypersonic Missile As Tension Rage With The West(Pix) / Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean / Russia Test Fires SATAN TWO Ballistic Missile That Can Carry 12 Nuclear Warheads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by MangekyoAlt: 12:40pm On Oct 04, 2021
Russia unleashes ‘unstoppable’ 6,670mph Zircon hypersonic missile from nuclear sub for the first time amid WW3 fears
RUSSIA said today it has successfully test fired its new lethal Zircon hypersonic missile from a submarine for the first time.

Video footage shows the 6,670mph rocket being fired from the nuclear-powered sub Severodvinsk before streaking into the night sky.

Russia claims the "unstoppable" Mach 9 missile is able to evade all Western defences.

"The Russian navy carried out the first tests of the Zircon hypersonic missile from the Severodvinsk nuclear submarine," said an official statement.

"The missile was test fired at a conditional sea target in the Barents Sea.

"The test-firing of the Zircon missile from the nuclear submarine was recognised as successful.”

Being able to fire it from a submarine adds extra mobility to the already terrifying weapon.

Another submarine test launch is planned this year.

The Russian announcement follows the Pentagon last week saying the US had tested an air-breathing hypersonic weapon capable of speeds faster than five times the speed of sound.

China and North Korea are also developing hypsersonic missiles in a new nuclear arms race.

The Zircon is due to go into service next year, deployed first from the stealth-technology Admiral Golovko frigate.

It has been identified by Moscow’s state-controlled TV as Vladimir Putin’s weapon of choice to wipe out coastal American cities in the event of a nuclear conflict.

He has called the missile “truly unparalleled in the world”, and the Russians have boasted it is “unstoppable” by Western defences.

Kremlin deputy premier Yury Borisov says Russia has outpaced the West in high-tech weaponry - and intends to maintain its lead.

“We now have serious advantages in this regard over the leading Western countries - and will try to maintain this position.”

A key use of the missile is taking out enemy ships and reports suggested its maximum range is 620 miles.

But there have been unconfirmed reports its true range is some 1,200 miles.

The missile system’s design and development have been conducted in deep secrecy.

Putin has warned that foreign spies have tried to steal its secrets.

It is one of a number of new-generation missiles Russia is deploying including the 188-ton Sarmat, known in the West as Satan-2.

Sarmat will be the biggest beast in Russia’s nuclear arsenal, and is due for tests in the autumn with deployment planned for next year.

SOURCE

4 Likes

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by AuntRose(f): 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2021
All these testings are for what exactly?

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by temmyyem: 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2021
The children of the fallen ones keep pushing the world into untimely destruction.

20 Likes

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by petsey(m): 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2021
Lol...

1 Like

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by 9jayes: 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2021
One person 7 accounts

3 Likes

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by 360ng: 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2021
Oops

1 Like

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by JackWolfskin: 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nigeria would launch church building soon

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2021
They should test it on Aso Rock undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by joelliving: 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2021
All is well
Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by MangekyoAlt: 1:09pm On Oct 04, 2021
I think the difference is clear here
US should put in more effort if they wish to catch up with Russia..... Russia is clear

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by OkCornel(m): 1:09pm On Oct 04, 2021
Patiently awaiting the end of days crooner cheesy

Paranoia no be good thing o

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by JavaScript90: 1:09pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nothing new. There is nothing Russia has today that is not in the inventory of USA. USA don't make noise about their weapons. You only see them in actual combat. Even China that celebrated going to the moon recently forgot that USA achieved that feat over 7 decades ago
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job. I also have an already made real estate script for sale. Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile.

****modified****
For those quoting me. Apart from being a web developer I am well updated on military history. During the world war 2, every military had planes but American planes was more superior. Nobody knew about the tomahawk missiles until USA used it to pound Iraq, it was the first of its kind in military history. The F-15 hornet(or F-16 can't really remember which one actually) is the most successful fighter jet in the world, with over 100:0 kills in air to air confrontation combats(including dog fights) it beat Russian MIGs and sukhois during the British vs Argentina wars over some islands. It beat Russia sukhois deployed by Saddam in the gulf war despite Russian propaganda on the capability of the sukhois.

Now let us come to something more recent. The s-300,400 and most recently the s-500 anti air defense systems made the headlines with state of the art capabilities and how it can shoot down American stealth fighters(F-35 and F-22). The Syrian army bought the Russian equipments to protect critical assets in Syria but when Israeli F-35 started to bomb those critical assets, the s-400 was not able to detect the Israeli F-35. In fact Syria became desperate and fell to Chinese propaganda about their anti stealth radars(I have forgotten the code name).Syria bought these radars with hope it can detect and lock on Israeli fighters so that the s-400 can do its job and fire on the F-35 but Israel used these Chinese equipments for target practice because it can neither see,detect nor lock on the F-35.

Let us even shift the timeline even more closer. About two weeks ago or thereabout Israel bombed Iranian nuclear sites with F-35 despite the Iranian revolutionary guards corps being in possession of s-300 and s-400 anti aircraft missiles from Russia. The problem is that this is not a one time occurance in Iran. Israel has consistently bombed Iranian targets and their Russian equipments could not help them.

You cannot spend over $800bn(USA) and expect your equipment to be inferior to a country that spends about $64bn(Russia). It doesn't make logical sense.

Without sentiment USA is the world power for a reason. They are atleast ten years ahead of any country in military tech and equipment. USA equipment are superior that is why they are expensive and out perform other equipments in actual combats not in propaganda. Recently Glo went back to Alcatel(a French company) after using cheap and inferior huawei equipments (China) that made their network bad. Actually when Glo started the made use of French equipments but China reversed engineered these equipment and made them cheap. But what China could not do is that the equipments where not as reliable as the original. ( I think the thread of Glo signing the deal with Alcatel made front page today). So guys abeg always go for the best.

****modified****
Krismas:
grin I think u are more of a comedian than web developer and war analyst? Ur write is full of inaccuracies! I promised Lightorder I was coming for u. First, I will appreciate it if u can furnish me links to show IDF launched an attack on Iranian nuclear site. 2. Russia only gave Syrian government S-300 not S-400! That was in 2018, after Syria tragically shot a Russian plane thinking it was Israel’s. Since 2018 till date, the S-300 has not been used in Syria, due to Russia’s double game! Stylishly aiding and abetting Israeli attack on Assad. So u are lying that S-300 S-400 cannot stop Israel. Also, the Chinese know fully well, America lied about landing Armstrong on the moon. The Chinese were the first to point this out. America space program is diced with fraud. Also, in WW2 the RAF was chief in the air never the Americans. Wen Japan came to shoot down their ships, where was dis America superior air power? The planes making headlines in America were developed after WW2. Cos the Americans stole curiously German technologies. Atomic bomb was made after the war, not b4 and it was a German invention and many other things. Leading to the period of American rise. Power has changed hands since. Stop living in the past. Then nothing Wrong abt Chinese satellites. That’s wot Nigeria is using currently. Infact two chinko satellites

This will be my only reply on this thread. I don't have time for sentiments and emotions. I won't reply you further.

1. Israel attack on Iran nuclear sites
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-56715520

2. Israel flies F-35 over Iran undetected
https://aero-space.us/2019/07/15/f-35/

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1277401/middle-east

3. You claimed that Syria has no s–400 but the link below proves otherwise. There have been s-400 installations in Syria since 2015.

You also claimed that Syria mistakenly shot down a Russian aircraft. That is wrong please get your facts right. The su-24 was intercepted and shot down by turkey along her border with Syria (it was shot down with an American F-16 or F-15, can't remember which one). The link below proves same.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34976537

https://breakingdefense.com/2020/06/unanswered-israeli-air-strikes-against-syria-raise-s-400-questions/

4. How is Russia helping Israel in Syria? That is ridiculous. The s-300 has not been used in Syria simply because it can't simply see, detect talk more of locking to fire on an American made jet.

In fact Israel has bombed over 200 Targets in Syria and the Syrian army fired over 1000 surface to air missiles(probably from their S-300) but non of the missiles could locate talk more of shooting down the F-35.

This caused a diplomatic problem between Russia and turkey because turkey has paid over $1bn dollars to Russian for supply of the 'infallible' S-400 only for turkey to discover they can't really shoot down American stealth fighter.

5. I guess you are referring to pearl harbour attack. America was simply attacked discreetly and unprovoked by the Japanese. It has nothing to do with air superiority..
The Germans had the most superior airforce then with the Luftwaffe (this is the only place I am wrong)

6. A lot of things are bad with Chinese equipments. Use a tecno phone and find out if the camera quality is still the same after two months.

So you forgot that one of our satellites (made by China) disappeared in space?

7. America landing of Neil Armstrong to the moon is fraud? You have been washed and dried with Chinese propaganda. Americans NASA was able to send the rover endurance to far away mars(mars is very far from earth compared to the moon). Something no country in earth has done. And you believe such country can't send Neil Armstrong to the moon?

Bros you are actually the comedian

54 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by rottennaija(m): 1:09pm On Oct 04, 2021
AuntRose:

To put the west, especially the US in their place. When the west knows that other countries have serious capability, they will not be bullying them.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by seunny4lif(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2021
AuntRose:
Checking your military capabilities
All countries does it
Nigeria military always do their own on civilians grin cheesy

Waiting for USA fans base to say the USA already have it and the USA missiles can even drink all the waters in Pacific and Atlantic Ocean grin

Some who have never even been to airport before will tell you how Russians are suffering while all USA citizens are living in paradise grin

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by udemzyudex(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2021
Too fast? grin
All na marketing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by somebody02: 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2021
I wish Russia would put same effort into their tech ecosystem and economy.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by udemzyudex(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2021
rottennaija:

To put the west, especially the US in their place

Which place?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by Jsucre(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2021
OK let us get ready. My brother eat beta o, because we no knw tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by rottennaija(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2021
somebody02:
I wish Russia would put same effort into their tech ecosystem and economy.

What makes you think they don't?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by seunny4lif(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2021
grin grin
Nigeria military have started their own military training on the civilians grin
HenryDion:
They should test it on Aso Rock undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by Jesuschristus: 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2021
Russia is now more powerful than US

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by MangekyoAlt: 1:13pm On Oct 04, 2021
Jesuschristus:
Russia is now more powerful than US
I would be very surprised if anyone claimed otherwise

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by BigBashiru: 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2021
MangekyoAlt:
Russia unleashes ‘unstoppable’ 6,670mph Zircon hypersonic missile from nuclear sub for the first time amid WW3 fears

SOURCE

May Jehovah bless the Russian federation - Africa's closest ally. May Jehovah use Russia to deliver Africa from the hand of Western bullies in Jesus name. Amen.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by Intelcorei7: 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2021
These NL moderators don't proofread at all. See the heading "Hypersonic Missle" indeed angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by Drsnives(m): 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2021
Las las we will all die
Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by Okundaye4(m): 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2021
While Nigerian Ak47 cant fire effectively. Issoryt.

1 Like

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by Besiss66: 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2021
USA in trouble
Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2021
This is just to scare rivals.There is nothing serious about it

4 Likes

Re: Russia Test-Fires Zircon "Unstoppable" Hypersonic Missle From A Submarine by seyz91(m): 1:16pm On Oct 04, 2021
for eating noodles grin
AuntRose:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Trump Vows To Destroy Turkish Economy If ISIS Returns / Taiwan Accused Of Shooting Down China's Crashed Fighter Jet / Russian Wildfire Threatens Nuclear Research Centre (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.