Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government (20694 Views)

Protest In Benin Over Demolition Of Houses By Governor Obaseki (Photos) / El-Rufai: Government Officials Are More Likely To Suffer Mental Issues / Kajuru Killings: Police Disown Casualty Figures Announced By El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by lalasticlala(m): 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2021
Tension As Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of Over 200 Houses By El-Rufai Government After Only 24-hour Notice

Aggrived residents of Kaduna State trooped out on Monday to protest against the administration of Governor Nasir El-Rufai over the demolition of their houses at Graceland in Zaria.

SaharaReporters learnt that over 200 houses have been demolished by the Kaduna state government.

A source told SaharaReporters that El-Rufai claimed the houses marked for destruction were built on land belonging to the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology.

He said the owners and occupants of the houses were given just 24-hour notice on Saturday night.

In some videos obtained by SaharaReporters on Monday, the affected people are seen holding placards to register their grievances against the decision of the government.

The source, who is privy to the action of the state government, said, “The demolition in Graceland, Zaria, in Kaduna state started yesterday (Sunday) around 8 pm. Presently over 200 houses have been destroyed, and demolition is still ongoing at the moment.

“They are claiming that these houses were built on the land belonging to the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology.

“The occupants were only given a 24-hour notice from Saturday night.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/10/04/tension-kaduna-residents-protest-demolition-over-200-houses-el-rufai-government-after?s=08

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by Xscape1993(m): 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2021
I don't know why I am always scare of short people. Can anything good ever come out of this El-Rufai before he leaves 2023? Well, only time would tell.

39 Likes

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2021
Case has been on since 2007

NAN recalls that there had been a lingering problem between Anguwan Yusi community and Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT), Zaria bordering on alleged encroachment of land.

Shading more light on the issue, Counsel to the community, Dr Abdulkareem Adedokun said: “Truly, we instituted about four cases not just one case against NCAT as far back as 2007

And apparently in 2014 and 15, the court ruled in favor of the developers, but it seems that NCAT appealed and eventually won the case. Hence the demolition.

8 Likes

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by CelestineNelson: 4:21pm On Oct 04, 2021
Good Evening Nairaland...I picked a large some of money in Osogbo, on my way coming back from a fellowship. Please can you help me announce to the owner that his/her money is in safe hands. Let's help the person to locate, his or her money please. I am a fresh graduate of university of Ilorin. I know what it feel likes if you don't have money as a student,I don't have such amount now, and I am just thinking about what the person that misplaced this amount will feel like...
It might be his/her business money, please let's work together to make sure that this person gets their money back. I really want to return it to the rightful owner. I can't use it, it is not mine...though the money will go a long way to assist my needs. Please let's help this person. Please moderators push this to the front page...maybe someone that is closer to the owner might be here.
Before God and man...I am telling you guys that I found money that Someone forgot inside the vehicle I have even informed NTA, RAVEFM, CHANNELS TELEVISION, AIT...But no reply from them yet...

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by CZBNB: 4:22pm On Oct 04, 2021
Short wicked man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by Lovenorth: 4:22pm On Oct 04, 2021
Protest and yet no pictures? Elrufai is a man of the people, we want him as our next President. He is the one that has the capacity to tackle insecurity in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by SarkinYarki: 4:22pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nigerians like voting for devils

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by Coldshisha: 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2021
cool

Midget and demolition 5&6

May Allah keep us safe and let this morons see proper templated Governance, development and economy by the master planners of Lagos State

Lekki housing scheme,
Eko Atlantic man made island
New Oshodi vision
Best low housing scheme

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by wisestman(m): 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2021
They have been warned already before now. angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by Dagger111(m): 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
Abeg, which kind network una dey use self?
Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by popez: 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
Of all the times to demolish people's houses for whatever reason, it's now the economic fortunes of the country is nosediving and the masses are in penury.

Make these people try dey get conscience na.

Short man devil. sad

6 Likes

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by iambrazen: 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
Hmmm..

He that the gods wants to kill, he first makes mad
Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by Ancecoker(m): 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
angry
Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by Authoreety: 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2021
Why not if not
Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2021
Short people don't have mercy
Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by Nadaken: 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2021
Terrorist governor

Lovenorth:
Protest and yet no pictures? Elrufai is a man of the people, we want him as our next President. He is the one that has the capacity to tackle insecurity in Nigeria
A jihadist that doesn't obey court orders

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by Abujason: 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2021
The dwarf destroyer in chief. He can’t contribute positively to the lives of his people but can only create more hardship and misery.

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by BelieveThat: 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2021
Mr. Demolisher
Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by LaSenior: 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2021
cheesy
Government will not give u anything yet the cause more pain to you

Government is responsible for the provision of housing for it citizens
Nigeria matter tire person

PDP is a child compare to APC wickedness

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2021
What are they protesting for..that insane governor will order soldiers to shoot at your guys and say its hoodlums. ..one thing for sure, we will all account to our actions here on earth, nothing last forever!

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Nigerians like voting for devils

The case in question has been on since 2007. There have been rulings and counterulings in the case. It was between the NCAT and the land developers.

According to one Nairalander on another thread, NCAT eventually won. Demolition happened (I won't mind being corrected if this isn't the case, as the press hasn't reported on the case since 2017 till now)

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2021
Lovenorth:

El Rufai is not the best material we have for president.

He won't do well if elected...because this is Nigeria. We don't do our jobs...leaders and followers.
Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by AuroraB(f): 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2021
After protests, they'll send him to the Senate after he's exhausted his tenure as governor cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by fasho01(m): 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2021
The midget knows nothing other than demolition. Couldn't try it during his first term cos he wanted reelection
Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by Stevewonder004(m): 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2021
Electing him as a governor was a mistake in the first place, bt they have to manage him.
If you dont consult history in your present decision, your future may bear the consquences.

There was an Abuja minister whom history will never forgive nor forget.
Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by chaloskyx: 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2021
WHAT ARE YOU PROTESTING ABOUT DID YOU NOT ELECT HIM AS GOVERNOR WILL YOU KEEP QUIET EL RUFAI MY BOY FIRE AWAY JARE DEMOLISH THEIR HOMES OFFICES AND SCHOOL JOIN SEF I SUPPORT YOU ALL THE WAY
Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by bigdammyj: 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2021
Noted
Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by chidonweb(m): 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2021
How a government demolish houses without compensation and relocation
Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2021
Stevewonder004:
Electing him as a governor was a mistake in the first place, bt they have to manage him.
If you dont consult history in your present decision, your future may bear the consquences.

There was an Abuja minister whom history will never forgive nor forget.

And who, to some extent, cleaned up Abuja and at least gave Abuja a modern transport system, which his succesors have messed up.

El Rufai tried for Abuja. Before he came, Abuja was in a big mess. Past admins were just messing up the plan for the city up and down. He came and did some cleaning up. Also brought the Abuja city buses, which we did not have before then (the yellow bus and red bus).

Of course he left, and things went down (AND then he became a tribal campaigner, with his FULANI revenge talk)

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by onuhx: 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2021
EL-RUFAI Again?
Re: Kaduna Residents Protest Demolition Of 200 Houses By El-Rufai's Government by treesun: 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nigeria under wrong people!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N37.1bn Fraud: Buhari’s Minister Shuns EFCC Invitation / Thousands March Against Boko Haram In Niger / Odumakin Will Soon Know He Has No Immunity Like Presidents – Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.