Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,156 members, 7,845,810 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? (26637 Views)

Help! Strange Monetary Alerts In My Access Bank Account / How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared / Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by Pyhonist: 10:44pm On Oct 04, 2021
Eriokanmi:
He may have registered his card on Netflix and chose automatic monthly billing option

Its a debit card so the transaction shouldn't fly irrespective of the payment options.
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by Pyhonist: 10:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
jotfas:

If your balnace is now -15k, then you're looking at 26k debit....chai pele o
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by Goldbw122(m): 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2021
anything on the internet can be block and cancel at anytime, that is why anything online is like a gamble.
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by Adex2442: 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2021
Chizzyjoyce:
I cover my Allawee wey I don dey hustle save with the blood of Jesus sad

Copper wee. Where are u serving... Can u email me yr number? Stevensmith16470@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by Theoarhics: 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Wetin they no hack today?

[img]https://media1./images/b676914b03250282109e63542b52ef89/tenor.gif?itemid=20817051[/img]

Let me check my balances to see if any remain......

Buhari
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by keshi1(m): 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2021
grin me am just passing
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by Warmaterial(m): 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2021
U suppose to use code to block all transaction immediately.
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by Youhesh(m): 10:55pm On Oct 04, 2021
Olaoluwa112:
Chat the customer care online and tell them to stop all transactions for now.

With what?
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by 141samuel: 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
Eriokanmi:
He may have registered his card on Netflix and chose automatic monthly billing option
even if someone choose automatic when you have low balance it will not activate, when it isn't credit card, and the transaction authorized at the same time
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by olisaokere(m): 11:02pm On Oct 04, 2021
Are you subscribed to Netflix?
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by Eriokanmi: 11:03pm On Oct 04, 2021
141samuel:
even if someone choose automatic when you have low balance it will not activate, when it isn't credit card, and the transaction authorized at the same time
I had received debit alerts on subscriptions in the past even with insufficient balance in my account. It all depends on bank's arrangements with vendor or merchant in question and the account type operated e g. salary account

1 Like

Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by movid(m): 11:04pm On Oct 04, 2021
jotfas:
Good evening house, I noticed at 7:16 pm today, i saw many debit alerts on my phone. The most surprising of it all was I'm having a negative balance of -#15000 in my account which is unlike banks.
Could it be as a result of what is happening to social media?
I'm using access bank and the customer care is not going through and my account officer is not responding. Who else is experiencing this?
Someone also complained about Eco bank as regards the same issue this morning.
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by mayreambarry: 11:07pm On Oct 04, 2021
jotfas:
Good evening house, I noticed at 7:16 pm today, i saw many debit alerts on my phone. The most surprising of it all was I'm having a negative balance of -#15000 in my account which is unlike banks.
I'm using access bank and the customer care is not going through and my account officer is not responding. Who else is experiencing this?

Hello!. We have been receiving similar complaints. we are investigating and have engineers working to resolve the issue. It will definitely be resolved.
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by odyx: 11:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
Meanwhile dial *901*911# to block the account against further debits, also de-activate card and get a new one. Change all your pins.

1 Like

Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by silverkings: 11:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
Chizzyjoyce:
I cover my Allawee wey I don dey hustle save with the blood of Jesus sad
. You're pretty tongue

1 Like

Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by silverkings: 11:27pm On Oct 04, 2021
I have moved all my money to microfinance Bank for now..... Every day, new story of bank account hacked
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by loswhite(m): 11:29pm On Oct 04, 2021
jaeyking:
You are the Fourth person to complain this night.

Make I go withdraw my small money hold for hand oo
The fourth foolish person to complain right? So bank will help you keep your money and also help you keep your sense too right?
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by loswhite(m): 11:31pm On Oct 04, 2021
Singingbae:
Check for your card. Someone is using it for Netflix subscription
maybe access bank is supposed to help the clown to keep his card...lol.
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by Qpid5(m): 11:31pm On Oct 04, 2021
Mine was my ATM card o, it can't be read... I can't use it on both ATM machine and POS machine.
same Access Bank
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by mayreambarry: 11:34pm On Oct 04, 2021
Hello!. We have been receiving similar complaints. we are investigating and have engineers working to resolve the issue. It will definitely be resolved.
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by FBIBOT(m): 11:34pm On Oct 04, 2021
It's clearly stated that someone used it to subscribe to Netflix account if you aren't the one... Your card details has been exposed nìyẹn... Now the negative balance is actually a debt... You are owing the bank 15k
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:35pm On Oct 04, 2021
Who is this SEERBITLAGOS??
He is the very person that had been hacking all the Access Bank Accounts that were complaining this evening.
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:42pm On Oct 04, 2021
jotfas:

Access bank is a useless Bank. Better go create account elsewhere
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by adez9: 11:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
I got the same alert.....500 naira twice....funny thing is Derek was no money in the account and the still deducted and my account is in minus...even if person hack my account shebi Dem supposed talk insufficient funds

2 Likes

Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by Truvelisback(m): 12:05am On Oct 05, 2021
jotfas:
Did u by any chance tell any fraudster a particular code sent to ur phone?
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by lampi: 12:45am On Oct 05, 2021
it's a network issue, don't panic my friend. it will be restored
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by BigBashiru: 12:53am On Oct 05, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

Access bank is a useless Bank. Better go create account elsewhere

All they know is to be merging and acquiring other banks.
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by azidomedogo: 1:23am On Oct 05, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I had received debit alerts on subscriptions in the past even with insufficient balance in my account. It all depends on bank's arrangements with vendor or merchant in question and the account type operated e g. salary account
you seem to be the only one making sense here. Pls how did you resolve it.
I have done several web payment with google and zoom in the past with my eco bank, just recently I got a debit alert of minus (19k) putting my account on negative. Customer care is confused and can't even help. The online platform I used said I am not owing. What do I do ?
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by HRMK: 2:40am On Oct 05, 2021
and i guess u dont know the location of ur bank?must u always rely on phone calls or social media for help on issues?NAWA OOH!
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by gaiusolayinka: 3:34am On Oct 05, 2021
You do not have a problem, your bank might have held some particular amount after a card transaction online, But when the merchant debited you again, they took another money from your account

Solution, call Access Bank, and explain to them you have an holding issue, they will rectify your balance in hours.
012712005, you can call them on that number
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by Kajaard: 4:00am On Oct 05, 2021
muller101:
You no hear wetin happen to access bank?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? by wwwtortoise(m): 4:11am On Oct 05, 2021
A little above 6k was debited from my access bank account last week. The narration read web services and I knew immediately that the card have been compromised.

I contacted my account officer asap and demanded he blocked the account without delay before further damage is done.

Please avoid POS transactions from random merchants.

And also avoid inputting card details on random websites.

As for Access bank and there porous banking security I reserve my comment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CAC Denies Registering ‘Wickedness Association of Nigeria’ As A Business (Pix) / Innoson Vs Gtbank: 40 Key Points From Gtbank's Version Of What Caused Dispute / Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.