Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies (48193 Views)

How To Remove My Bvn From Loan Apps / Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by olaolaking: 9:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
thesicilian:
It's not the company's fault. The criminal probably dropped your number as a close contact and they are helpless now that he has absconded with their money
It is there fault. How can someone drop my number and you just take it like that without contacting me or request for my signature?
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by cayorday89(m): 9:09pm On Oct 05, 2021
crafteck:
My post
I have also received message from them but them no call, so it's a WhatsApp chat I can ignore, but my worry about the one you posted is that, they put his year of birth and still claim he is 30yrs old, no be juju be that? 1986 to 2021...

1 Like

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by AceDomino(m): 9:10pm On Oct 05, 2021
I got those kinda text on whatsapp from the stupid idiots like 2wice last month also...
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by cayorday89(m): 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2021
Maxymilliano:
I have no doubt whatsoever that company is owned by Soko Loan.

I once engaged one of the agents after getting similar message and the uncouth ways they address people is extremely distasteful
Please hope you do something? That was too fast, the person no get joy ooo, see insult and still telling you to beg for the person.. Why did they not contact these their so called guarantor before granring loan at least to know that the person is willing to pay in case of any default...
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by netmillionaires(m): 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
The company must be very stupid to accept someone's contact detail without making a call to the person for validation. The ideal thing to do when someone drops a contact detail is to contact the person to confirm the person's approval. They wouldn't do that, only for them to later come around some months later to disturb people unnecessarily.

thesicilian:
It's not the company's fault. The criminal probably dropped your number as a close contact and they are helpless now that he has absconded with their money
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Tsufyaan: 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2021
Walelavender:
The rate of proliferation of these loan companies is sickening. Before now, I take time time to listen to them, when they make such yeye calls, now, I block them, instantly.
Where is the indemnity form I signed, when the person was collecting the loan Arrant nonsense!
OP, block instantly!

Abi Arab nonsense �
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Dumte(m): 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2021
One funny thing is that most of these loan companies are owned by Chinese people. And they employ Nigerians to embarrass their fellow citizens.

Just yesterday I got two calls from different numbers claiming that two of my colleagues took a loan and had refused to pay. And those people are not like that o. Maybe one things could've let to them been unable to pay on the due date, they started damaging the person's image.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by samguru(m): 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2021
Mustiboy:
Onigbese, san gbese rẹ

go and say this to Buhari

1 Like

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Bodinya: 9:32pm On Oct 05, 2021
I had also faced that more than three times for the past two weeks.
They started it by sending message via WhatsApp and I didn't respond then they decided to be giving me a call still I will pick it up and just drop the phone and be listening to their rubbishes.
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Bubblewitch: 9:35pm On Oct 05, 2021
einsteine:

Did you say minimal interest rate?

50% interest in 6 days is what they charge. Nothing minimal in such pure usury. They still make lots of money even half default.

Their loans are over 1 million percent interest on a compounded annual basis.

ETA: The loans are actually over a trillion percent per year on a compounded basis. For example, some one who takes a loan of say 30,000 probably unemployed or underemployed would usually end up paying 15k weekly as they won't be able to pay back the principal so they keep paying the interest to roll it over till they run out of funds. The combination of short tenor and high interest is deliberately designed to create loan slavery.
no one was forced to borrow after seeing their conditions... This is just an excuse and don't justify the criminal actions of defaulters
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by rolams(m): 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
I have the same issue ooo! They will call and keep talking without responding to you.
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by hope4nigeria(m): 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
thesicilian:
this is one of the culprit.
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by rolams(m): 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2021
OP! Sue them na!!
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Honchoslim16(m): 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
I work with an online loan company.
The reason why we call debtors contacts,is because they are the ones close to the debtors, since the debtor is ignoring our calls...they know how to talk to the debtor so that he/she can pay up and avoid unnecessary messages or calls.

It now depends on how the Loan Collecting Officer addresses you...... because not everyone who knows how to relate good with others.

When someone's loan is 19 days overdue,I do call and speak politely their contacts to help me reach to the debtor..... within 3 days,the money gets paid.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Rexymania(m): 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2021
Block them na
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Rexymania(m): 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2021
Which loan company you dey work with?

Honchoslim16:
I work with an online loan company.
The reason why we call debtors contacts,is because they are the ones close to the debtors, since the debtor is ignoring our calls...they know how to talk to the debtor so that he/she can pay up and avoid unnecessary messages or calls.

It now depends on how the Loan Collecting Officer addresses you...... because not everyone who knows how to relate good with others.

When someone's loan is 19 days overdue,I do call and speak politely their contacts to help me reach to the debtor..... within 3 days,the money gets paid.

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Lugianostar(m): 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
Have experience these uncladed incidence couples of times as i never remembered applying for a loan from these guys but my father colleaque who has my contact indulged in this and have recieved message from them informing me to produce ideas on how to arrest the lady as i don't have her contact any longer neither did i know where she is now. Have not always responded to their message
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Honchoslim16(m): 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
Rexymania:
Which loan company you dey work with?

NextCredit
CreditPro
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by sisisioge: 10:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
grin grin grin

All these money hungry unprofessional lenders who recently floaded the fintech world na wa o. They really need to be checked. It didnt use to be this bad...na real wa.

1 Like

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by harmargedon: 10:10pm On Oct 05, 2021
einsteine:

You are conflating these loan apps with legal lenders such as Carbon (10-30% monthly interest rate) who have legal licenses and deposit taking capacity.

Investors don't place funds with these particular ones. They don't even have licenses with the CBN. These are fly by the night Chinese hustlers bringing in money from China and Hong Kong to lend at huge interest rates. Even if just half of their customers pay up, they will still make profits which is repatriated regularly to China through black market Forex purchases. I won't be surprised if the source of the money is from the Chinese triads.
you're making a lot of sense. I consider this to be true.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Metrofox(m): 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2021
Maxymilliano:
I have no doubt whatsoever that company is owned by Soko Loan.

I once engaged one of the agents after getting similar message and the uncouth ways they address people is extremely distasteful

grin grin grin grin
A rare picture of a
loan shark in Nigeria.

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Rexymania(m): 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2021
Ok

Honchoslim16:

NextCredit
CreditPro
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by olancho: 10:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
I keep getting such calls every day that someone used me as a guarantor . If I call back the number does go.
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Metrofox(m): 10:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
EricSmallz:
Idiot Unregulated Loan apps. They came true for me sometimes ago sha

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Cheeryfeet: 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2021
thesicilian:
Oga he did not drop his number as emergency, that's the format they use now to contact your contacts since one of them was fined 10m and jail term for sending unsolicited messages to all contacts on the debtors phone.

1 Like

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Metrofox(m): 10:27pm On Oct 05, 2021
TechNana:
Given loan to customers by this tech companies is now like modern-day scam...

If you know you know,

With your permission (unknown to you) they plant a bug in your phone to help them access almost every private information on your phone...

More like you sharing your phone with a third party because of a loan...

"With your permission" and "unknown to you" grin
what fuckery of English is this? people should learn to read before signing any paper, ignorance is not an excuse in the court of law.

1 Like

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by persius555(m): 10:27pm On Oct 05, 2021
The best way to frustrate these fraudsters is to attach an ear phone to your phone immediately you receive the calls. Once they start making those threats, let the calls keep running and they will drop the calls when they notice they aren't getting any respond on the other end. Never speak to them. Do this a couple of times and they would stop calling you.

Criminals Everywhere. Hunger Dey Naija
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by derbykol(f): 10:29pm On Oct 05, 2021
Scammers.I have gotten same message three times on WhatsApp.My reply has been 'did you tell me when you guys were doing the transaction?',then I will block the number.
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by nurukool(m): 10:34pm On Oct 05, 2021
I also experience such loan company using recorded voice and call my line to tell me that one Mr segun (that I don't know) borrow money from them that i should tell him to pay the money back before they arrest him. Me I don't waste time to block there numbers
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by danniyal(m): 10:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
Dumte:
One funny thing is that most of these loan companies are owned by Chinese people. And they employ Nigerians to embarrass their fellow citizens.

Just yesterday I got two calls from different numbers claiming that two of my colleagues took a loan and had refused to pay. And those people are not like that o. Maybe one things could've let to them been unable to pay on the due date, they started damaging the person's image.

All Nigerians are owing Chinese

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Even Black Nylon No Black Again. / Mimiko's Ultra-Modern Semi-Mechanized Abattoir In Akure (Photos) / Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.