Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,049 members, 7,849,246 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:05 PM

Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End (5737 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / I Had Put An End To My Marriage / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 05, 2021
extol1:

those kind of men don't bother even if they throw his properties away. he want to be seen as baba olowo on the street
haha ,that a serious matter o.
best thing is to involve family

1 Like

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by extol1(m): 10:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
BlizEmmy:
Exactly....... As if u knew him
your kind of women is rare with a good heart to have a good family but in as much as the deed has been done, please don't give up on him. there are a lot of men who made mistakes but later retrack their steps. one thing can not be taking away is that he is your husband. like I said in my earlier post, PRAYER should be the changing agent here
Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by LongBig(m): 10:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
Well you did what women of 19 century are known for, but that is not applicable anymore you ought to get involve because the business is ours not his! I be man ooo but that nigga no try at all see opportunity if I see such money within 2weeks I promise you ROI

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by tchidi066(f): 10:58pm On Oct 05, 2021
Atimes, it's good to use your brain not your heart, you call this man your husband and you don't know what he is capable of, just pray he doesn't get you all homeless and broke. I don't blame women who hide their finances from their husbands, you are too open and if care is not taken it will become your undoing... And you look like someone who easily follows what hubby say without having your own opinion or stance, you just follow sheepishly, anyways what do i know, married folks, over to you

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by extol1(m): 11:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
Meek127:
haha ,that a serious matter o.
best thing is to involve family
this is what has happened that I have seen, even to the family members, he will prove to be stubborn and might accused the wife of involving third party into their affair all because she gave him money. like I said counseling might not work but PRAYER will definitely do
Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 05, 2021
extol1:

this is what has happened that I have seen, even to the family members, he will prove to be stubborn and might accused the wife of involving third party into their affair all because she gave him money. like I said counseling might not work but PRAYER will definitely do
at this rate, i have to agree with you
Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by Foodqueen(f): 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2021
Rutu - abokoku.

U knew him well, u still entrusted him with your mom's Money.

It's not like the grass is greener on the other side o, na wisdom different.

80 percent of men will do same.
Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by radiance26(f): 11:15pm On Oct 05, 2021
Tell him your mom needs her money,just find a means of collecting the balance.Then withdrawal a few responsibility with wisdom.He may see reasons to be serious.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by ststyreal(f): 11:25pm On Oct 05, 2021
Madam, I'm sorry to say this to you, you are not wise and smart at the same time.
Award winning wife of the century!!!!, I am seriously clapping for you! standing ovation for you..... smhhhh. Your mother's money, not even your own and you gave him everything.... don't you know that it is wisdom a woman uses in staying in husband's house, smhhhhhhh..... He might even be thinking the money is yours..... Just beg him to refund you whatever that is left. Make him realise you need to return the money back to your mother. Next time, you will study your husband very well and not do 'Ruth Abo Ko Ku'....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by extol1(m): 11:31pm On Oct 05, 2021
ststyreal:
Madam, I'm sorry to say this to you, you are not wise and smart at the same time.
Award winning wife of the century!!!!, I am seriously clapping for you! standing ovation for you..... smhhhh. Your mother's money, not even your own and you gave him everything.... don't you know that it is wisdom a woman uses in staying in husband's house, smhhhhhhh..... He might even be thinking the money is yours..... Just beg him to refund you whatever that is left. Make him realise you need to return the money back to your mother. Next time, you will study your husband very well and not do 'Ruth Abo Ko Ku'....
in as much we are blaming the woman, she really meant well for the family, it is so unfortunate. I am pity the woman because her type is rare

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by Acidosis(m): 11:36pm On Oct 05, 2021
radiance26:
Tell him your mom needs her money,just find a means of collecting the balance.Then withdraw a few responsibility with wisdom.He may see reasons to be serious.

Are you married?
Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Oct 05, 2021
extol1:

in as much we are blaming the woman, she really meant well for the family, it is so unfortunate. I am pity the woman because her type is rare
She did mean "well" but in trying to please a fool she did a foolish thing. undecided

1 Like

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by ststyreal(f): 11:48pm On Oct 05, 2021
extol1:

Yeah, you are right that she meant well....I am only blaming her for not knowing her husband enough before entrusting the totality of her mom's money into his care....

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by BRATISLAVA: 1:50am On Oct 06, 2021
Where do you people find these evil red pill boys to marry?

Is it that you never checked his social media or you didn't notice his overbearing nature or you decided to overlook it and play house with a man who has his own agenda?

He's a typical self-centered modern man who thinks the world owes him so much. Entitled red pill boy. He's trying to control you with all his attitudes. He wants your full trust but will never trust you, and is only there to take and demand from you. He feels anything he does is doing you a favor, hence he married you and yet you're the bread winner while he plays tricks on you.

Who told you that a woman is supposed to take care of a man? Any woman who believes those lies men tell online is setting herself up for this kind of situation. Only a manipulative man demands or wants such. There's nothing such as wife material according to men's standards.

9 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by frozen70(f): 3:02am On Oct 06, 2021
BlizEmmy:
[color=#000099][/color] Good evening all, this is my first time posting on this platform. Though have been a regular reader. Please I'm lost and am in need of honest and truthful comments pls.
Have been married for the past 5year now. All through my years of marriage, have been opened to my husband in everything even down to how much I was paid and even when I spend 1naira out of d money, that's hw open and plain have been to my husband, but I noticed my husband likes keeping secrets, especially when it comes to income. It got so bad to the extent that my husband went and open a new bank account that I wasn't aware off, Just because he knows that I dnt go through his phone.
On one faithful day, we were at the seating room when am alert message pops up on his phone then I saw it, at first he denied it but when he saw that the liers weren't working he had to come clean because his full name was on the new fidelity Bank alert.
That aside, fast forward to this year, after the COVID my husband lost his Job, so all the weight of the house fell on me, as I was the sole provider. of which I was doing gracely to the point that not even my family members were aware that my husband had lost his job. I even went out of my way to make sure he changes all his old shoes down to sowing new natives and plain wears since he said he wants to go into Car business and property. I did all these without complaining, even when he said he wants to be selling male shoes, I still supported him with that which he later neglected barely two months into it. I was till joining my faith with him in prayers and not giving up.
But what really got me feed up now was that just last month I called my husband And told him that since out rent is due in three months time and since my mom's money that she kept with me after selling her house is in my bank account, that why not we invest it in his car business, let him use it to buy a very neat car that we can quickly sell and make our profits so we can save for our house rent as I have just finish paying my shop rent so what I have is only for my business, since my profits is for the up keep of the house, coupled with the facts that things are way too expensive so I needed the extra help. After we had the discussion, I went early to the bank to transfer all the cash in my possession to my husband company account. Barely after two days I did the transfer my husband started spending the cash, all in a bit to make his formal colleagues jealous that is his doing well in his new property business not caring for the facts that we re about to lose our home in 3months times, frm the bank statement I saw he even transferred some money to his own private account to spend.
Help I dnt knw what to do as I was so pissed i had to leave the house so as to not cause a seen since I have noisey neighbours. Could u believe my husband didn't bother to call to even knw where I was, until I came back home till now we ain't talking. Pls all I need now is serious advise on what to do as I'm very confused right now. Thank you

How come you made use of the money your mum saved in your account without even permission from your mum

Well find a way to ask him to return the money as your mum called you to inform you that she wants you to meet her at your bank to transact with the money in your care

Meanwhile you made a mistake giving him access to the money then coming her for advice

You would have allowed the rest to expire on him and if he makes no move that will be the best time for you to take best decision on him

My concern is not about the rent that will soon expire, is about a man that have proved that he will be lazy since you are struggling for the family

Forget about what people will say about you and the whole scenario on your marriage

There will always be show to display

If you don't find a way to get back that money. You will loose the money and disappoint your mother

Haba you can't loose at both end

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by CUMIN: 3:06am On Oct 06, 2021
ahnie:
You had to transfer the money into your husband account even after knowing too well that he's not only a spendthrift but also a chronic sociopath.

She married a sociopath who thinks he need to maintain a certain outlook that he can't keep.

SMH......!
Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by Nobody: 4:11am On Oct 06, 2021
Does Fidelity send SMS alerts that carries customer name?
Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by Richy4(m): 4:52am On Oct 06, 2021
How will you register your displeasure if you keep mute...Show him the evidence that you got.. Tell him to remember that that money was not yours...That the rent will be due soon... say it without anger in your voice..... and let it go

On the said rent due date, if nothing happened and you cannot find your mom's money, you can hit the roof with enough anger if you can... It's sometimes allowed in a relationship so that the other partner will re -adjust
Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by femi4: 5:16am On Oct 06, 2021
BlizEmmy:
[color=#000099][/color] Good evening all, this is my first time posting on this platform. Though have been a regular reader. Please I'm lost and am in need of honest and truthful comments pls.
Have been married for the past 5year now. All through my years of marriage, have been opened to my husband in everything even down to how much I was paid and even when I spend 1naira out of d money, that's hw open and plain have been to my husband, but I noticed my husband likes keeping secrets, especially when it comes to income. It got so bad to the extent that my husband went and open a new bank account that I wasn't aware off, Just because he knows that I dnt go through his phone.
On one faithful day, we were at the seating room when am alert message pops up on his phone then I saw it, at first he denied it but when he saw that the liers weren't working he had to come clean because his full name was on the new fidelity Bank alert.
That aside, fast forward to this year, after the COVID my husband lost his Job, so all the weight of the house fell on me, as I was the sole provider. of which I was doing gracely to the point that not even my family members were aware that my husband had lost his job. I even went out of my way to make sure he changes all his old shoes down to sowing new natives and plain wears since he said he wants to go into Car business and property. I did all these without complaining, even when he said he wants to be selling male shoes, I still supported him with that which he later neglected barely two months into it. I was till joining my faith with him in prayers and not giving up.
But what really got me feed up now was that just last month I called my husband And told him that since out rent is due in three months time and since my mom's money that she kept with me after selling her house is in my bank account, that why not we invest it in his car business, let him use it to buy a very neat car that we can quickly sell and make our profits so we can save for our house rent as I have just finish paying my shop rent so what I have is only for my business, since my profits is for the up keep of the house, coupled with the facts that things are way too expensive so I needed the extra help. After we had the discussion, I went early to the bank to transfer all the cash in my possession to my husband company account. Barely after two days I did the transfer my husband started spending the cash, all in a bit to make his formal colleagues jealous that is his doing well in his new property business not caring for the facts that we re about to lose our home in 3months times, frm the bank statement I saw he even transferred some money to his own private account to spend.
Help I dnt knw what to do as I was so pissed i had to leave the house so as to not cause a seen since I have noisey neighbours. Could u believe my husband didn't bother to call to even knw where I was, until I came back home till now we ain't talking. Pls all I need now is serious advise on what to do as I'm very confused right now. Thank you
You married an Unambitious, Uninspired and Irresponsible husband.

You can't trust such man with money
They are lazy and uninspired
He's going to ruin you financially if you're not careful.

It's time for you to start keeping money somewhere as backup so that when he fails again, you ll always have something to fall back on.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by sisisioge: 5:35am On Oct 06, 2021
BlizEmmy:
I was trying to be supportive and not making him feel less a man after losing his job and I was also trying to encourage him by creating that opportunity for him to make his own quarter but what do I knw, its well

You should never use someone else's money to test the waters! How dare you! Just gather your mother's money back and return it. Na you marry agbako.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by Stevenbright(m): 5:45am On Oct 06, 2021
BlizEmmy:
Is my mom's hard earned money she saved with me after selling her house, pending when she is able to get another better house. I have not even eaten 1 pin frm that money. That's what this man is spending

Quickly involve either his family members, your family members or your pastor to ensure he is stopped from spending whatever is left of the money and made to send it back to your bank account.

Also, henceforth mind your business ( I mean your children and personal needs) and leave him to his fate. Hopefully he gets the message and puts his acts together.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by nnamdiosu(m): 5:50am On Oct 06, 2021
BlizEmmy:

Ma,trust me
You didn't do anything wrong. You are the kind of women that are rare to find. The problem is, you married a type of husband that is very easy to find.

Don't listen to those trying to make you look stupid. IF THEY HAVE EVER WITNESS TRUE HONESTY AND SINCERITY IN MARRIAGE, THEY WOULD HAVE KNOWN ITS THE NORM .
BUT SADLY, PEOPLE FROM DYSFUNCTIONAL HOMES WONT UNDERSTAND.

it's like the home whereby each partner has the pin to each other's atm. Anyone from a home there is distrust, or stealing would scream. But its not their fault. it's because they haven't experienced the bliss of transparency in marriage or life.

Imagine you had married.someone with the same honesty, sincerity and commitment to family, you would have really really enjoyed this marriage. Anyways, solutions.

NO ONE IS PERFECT, JUST FORGIVE HIS EXCESSES AND LOOK FOR SOLUTIONS TOGETHER

1. In as much as you have a sincere and good heart, it's clear your husband doesn't. (Let's call a spade a spade ) therefore operating in the atmosphere of sincerity totally might not be too advisable.

In as much as I'm an advocate of total transparency, there are some rare and drastic cases that one must use wisdom.
We, when the landlord wants to kick you guys out of the house, no one will know or.say, you tried, it was your husband that messed up.
They will just say,
Them no fit pay, them.dey stay for.house.way big pass them

2. You'll have to be careful. It's clear that he isn't responsible. That's the gospel truth. A responsible man would never ever do.anythimg to jeopardize the safety or wellness of his family. He even went a firthur step of embelezzing based on pride and ego. That's a very dangerous combo.

IM NOT HERE TO CASTIGATE HIM. NO. ONLY TRYIMG TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO THE TRUTH.

You have to talk to him. Point out this issues and show him why it can be detrimental to the safety of the family, now or in the nearest future.

Find out if he wants to start a biz and look in both together if it will be favourable. Then see if you can support him again.

therefore since.you are now the bread winner, it will be tough but.you just have to take some decisions that will be hard to.
You might now have to.start doing the financial planning for the family small by small till he comes back to a matured self.

You might have to also save for.importsnt bills to.ensure the safety of the family.

You also have to pray seriously for him.

That's the little i have to advise. May God see you through. Amen

1 Like

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by Vision101(m): 6:01am On Oct 06, 2021
Madam you are an extremely good woman. You truly love your husband. Unfortunately you are not helping his nature. He is a proud, notice me and show off person. These things come first to him than the image of his family and the peace of his children.

When you have this type of person, you should play your part to save your children and the image of your family but you should never have exposed your finances to him. He feels that you can never allow shame to come to the family. So he cares less about planning.

Big mistake....big mistake. You should never have given him your mum's money. I don't want to say things that I suspect as they will get you very angry.

Move very fast. Get a trusted church leader, relation or friend that he respects and insist on retrieving your mum's money. You can invest it in your business and manage and pay rent from their. Your husband can't do well in business. Don't give him any one naira again.

From now on be discrete about your finances. I feel sad as a man. God will help you because of your good heart.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by ruggedtimi(m): 6:12am On Oct 06, 2021
Omo sometimes self make we no dey do things out of love.
Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by BlizEmmy: 7:52am On Oct 06, 2021
The money he transferred frm our joint account to the new account sir, usually carry the name of the recipient so sir yes it does which was why I was able to knw the account belongs to him
Kabongo1:
Does Fidelity send SMS alerts that carries customer name?
Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by BlizEmmy: 7:58am On Oct 06, 2021
I appreciate your inputs sir, may God honor u
nnamdiosu:

Ma,trust me
You didn't do anything wrong. You are the kind of women that are rare to find. The problem is, you married a type of husband that is very easy to find.

Don't listen to those trying to make you look stupid. IF THEY HAVE EVER WITNESS TRUE HONESTY AND SINCERITY IN MARRIAGE, THEY WOULD HAVE KNOWN ITS THE NORM .
BUT SADLY, PEOPLE FROM DYSFUNCTIONAL HOMES WONT UNDERSTAND.

it's like the home whereby each partner has the pin to each other's atm. Anyone from a home there is distrust, or stealing would scream. But its not their fault. it's because they haven't experienced the bliss of transparency in marriage or life.

Imagine you had married.someone with the same honesty, sincerity and commitment to family, you would have really really enjoyed this marriage. Anyways, solutions.

NO ONE IS PERFECT, JUST FORGIVE HIS EXCESSES AND LOOK FOR SOLUTIONS TOGETHER

1. In as much as you have a sincere and good heart, it's clear your husband doesn't. (Let's call a spade a spade ) therefore operating in the atmosphere of sincerity totally might not be too advisable.

In as much as I'm an advocate of total transparency, there are some rare and drastic cases that one must use wisdom.
We, when the landlord wants to kick you guys out of the house, no one will know or.say, you tried, it was your husband that messed up.
They will just say,
Them no fit pay, them.dey stay for.house.way big pass them

2. You'll have to be careful. It's clear that he isn't responsible. That's the gospel truth. A responsible man would never ever do.anythimg to jeopardize the safety or wellness of his family. He even went a firthur step of embelezzing based on pride and ego. That's a very dangerous combo.

IM NOT HERE TO CASTIGATE HIM. NO. ONLY TRYIMG TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO THE TRUTH.

You have to talk to him. Point out this issues and show him why it can be detrimental to the safety of the family, now or in the nearest future.

Find out if he wants to start a biz and look in both together if it will be favourable. Then see if you can support him again.

therefore since.you are now the bread winner, it will be tough but.you just have to take some decisions that will be hard to.
You might now have to.start doing the financial planning for the family small by small till he comes back to a matured self.

You might have to also save for.importsnt bills to.ensure the safety of the family.

You also have to pray seriously for him.

That's the little i have to advise. May God see you through. Amen
Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by BlizEmmy: 8:00am On Oct 06, 2021
Amen thanks
Vision101:
Madam you are an extremely good woman. You truly love your husband. Unfortunately you are not helping his nature. He is a proud, notice me and show off person. These things come first to him than the image of his family and the peace of his children.

When you have this type of person, you should play your part to save your children and the image of your family but you should never have exposed your finances to him. He feels that you can never allow shame to come to the family. So he cares less about planning.

Big mistake....big mistake. You should never have given him your mum's money. I don't want to say things that I suspect as they will get you very angry.

Move very fast. Get a trusted church leader, relation or friend that he respects and insist on retrieving your mum's money. You can invest it in your business and manage and pay rent from their. Your husband can't do well in business. Don't give him any one naira again.

From now on be discrete about your finances. I feel sad as a man. God will help you because of your good heart.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by BlizEmmy: 8:04am On Oct 06, 2021
sisisioge:

It is so unfortunate that no one can forsee the future hence we would have do better. He gave him that money so he can support his family knowing fully well that the money belongs to my mom, I thought he will be responsible with it and not misuse it. But what can I say no one can forsee the future sir cos if I had know I won't have given him the money
You should never use someone else's money to test the waters! How dare you! Just gather your mother's money back and return it. Na you marry agbako.
Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by muller101(m): 8:52am On Oct 06, 2021
I don't interfere in people's matrimonial affairs. grin
Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by elantraceey(f): 9:08am On Oct 06, 2021
My own is how to recognize men that'll turn out to be like this before marriage because it seems this one must have been taking care of his needs before his lost his job and this his lazy and egoistic attitude was not evident before that.

@OP, the best you can do is retrieve as much of your mum's money from him as you can and leave him to figure out things and his life himself. This kind of men, the more you try to help them, the lazier they get.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Husband Acts Immatured And My Marriage Is About To Come To An End by Ginaz(f): 9:10am On Oct 06, 2021
In the case your husband do not pay the money, how do you intend to settle your mom?

I’m really feel so sorry for you right now. I don’t think your husband will refund the whole money to you at all. sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

16 Years With The Same Woman / Your Best Inherited Quality / Set-up Of Charity Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.