Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,290 members, 7,860,698 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:30 PM

Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him (1912 Views)

Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 / Peter Obi Was In Haiti In 2010 After The Earthquake / Bala Mohammed Awards ₦3.6 Billion Contract To His Own Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by freeingzw: 2:52am On Oct 07, 2021
Breaking the law: Number 2
Nigerian public officers are required to declare “immediately after taking office and thereafter all” their properties, assets, and liabilities and those of his (or her) unmarried children under the age of eighteen years,” Nigeria’s 1999 Constitution stipulates (Section 11, Part of the Fifth Schedule).

PREMIUM TIMES investigation also found that Mr Obi breached this constitutional provision on assets declaration. We can authoritatively report that Mr Obi did not declare to the Code of Conduct Bureau the companies he tucked away in offshore secrecy havens.

Mr Obi caused to be created for him a structure of secrecy that had previously, until the Pandora Papers investigation, meant he could continue to hold foreign assets in a way that breaches Nigeria’s law without the knowledge of authorities in the country. In an extra layer of secrecy, Mr Obi used paid nominees as directors, while he remains the ultimate beneficial owner, making it nearly impossible to discover his interests in those companies but we obtained rare incorporation documents proving his link.

Otherwise, Mr Obi could have forever hoped to continue to hold the assets, that he did not declare when he had a statutory obligation to do so as a governor, without any authority or the public calling him to account.

In his response, Mr Obi ridiculously suggested that those offshore companies and assets are jointly owned with his family members and that he was not under obligation to declare companies jointly owned. “I don’t declare what is owned with others,” Mr Obi told PREMIUM TIMES. “If my family owns something I won’t declare it. I didn’t declare anything I jointly owed with anyone.”

This is contrary to the position of the Constitution, which specifies the declaration of all assets, whether jointly or partly owned, PREMIUM TIMES’ reporters told Mr Obi. He said he was not aware of that provision of the law.

Nevertheless, leaked records show Mr Obi is the sole ultimate beneficial owner of the offshore companies. So he did not even jointly own it with anyone.

In that case, Mr Obi has violated Nigeria’s Code of Conduct law and, if authorities decide to act appropriately, he could be arraigned before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, a special court that tries public officers for any contravention of the Code of Conduct for Nigerian public officers as spelt out in the Fifth Schedule of the Nigerian constitution.

The Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) and the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) were established to enforce “a high standard of morality in the conduct of government business, and to ensure that the actions and behaviour of public officers conform to the highest standards of public morality and accountability.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by freeingzw: 2:55am On Oct 07, 2021
Obi Pandora is a thief and he broke Nigeria law.

He said he does not know he need to report assets that he co-own with his family members which is first a lie.

His first child was born in 1994 which is just 16 years from 2010 when he established the Gabriella Investment Ltd.

That means he co-owned the company with his 16 year child which he developed amnesia such that he could not tell the government of the company existence then.

Nigeria Government should arrest and prosecute Obi Pandora or else we will protest:

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by mignone(f): 3:26am On Oct 07, 2021
Why stress when it's unlikely dt anything will follow this revelation?
Only time can take tare of all that. It's all going into archives.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by Commentor: 3:28am On Oct 07, 2021
grin

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by Bewiseedet(m): 3:57am On Oct 07, 2021
Ndi igbo be clamouring for presidency yet they can never be trusted. Imagine saint Peter Obi hoarding assets acquired with Nigerians tax payers money.

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by Philipponzaghi: 4:09am On Oct 07, 2021
Commentor:
grin

Obi Pandora is a crook

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by NakwansaPolice: 4:12am On Oct 07, 2021
Philipponzaghi:

Obi Pandora is a crook
Tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by InHeaven(m): 4:22am On Oct 07, 2021
Nakwansapolice, obi is a fraud. This is a fraud Ndi Igbo packaged for us.
1427s:
[s][/s]

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by UncleSnr(m): 4:26am On Oct 07, 2021
Is the company in Nigeria or outside Nigeria?
If outside, what does the people of the domiciled country say?
Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by chukwuibuipob: 4:26am On Oct 07, 2021
sad Crook biz man.Nah like dis dem dey DEVELOP sad grin
Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by Felimax(m): 4:58am On Oct 07, 2021
We own a company with you and you will now declare as your own or our own? For what exactly?
My kids have a greater part of the company shares and it will not make sense to declare it as mine.
My kid of 6 and wife hold 60% of company shares and with that i am not the title owner.
Obi is free to go!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by Difrent: 5:12am On Oct 07, 2021
Felimax:
We own a company with you and you will now declare as your own or our own? For what exactly?
My kids have a greater part of the company shares and it will not make sense to declare it as mine.
My kid of 6 and wife hold 60% of company shares and with that i am not the title owner.
Obi is free to go!

What stops you from declaring just your interest in the company.....nowhere was it said that he should declare the whole company as his own na.... other officials with similar situations just simply declare i own 10 or 20% percentage of so so company....simple.
For eg if you own shares in a bank....simply declare your number of shares in the bank or the percentage of yours share ....simple
Obi goofed.....that he wasnt aware he was supppsed to declare is not an excuse....like lawyers say...ignorance is not an excuse
Stop defending the indefensible

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by Felimax(m): 5:20am On Oct 07, 2021
Difrent:

What stops you from declaring just your interest in the company.....nowhere was it said that he should declare the whole company as his own na.... other officials with similar situations just simply declare i own 10 or 20% percentage of so so company....simple.
For eg if you own shares in a bank....simply declare your number of shares in the bank or the percentage of yours share ....simple
Obi goofed.....that he wasnt aware he was supppsed to declare is not an excuse....like lawyers say...ignorance is not an excuse

I get your point!
Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by Bighead9: 5:24am On Oct 07, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Ndi igbo be clamouring for presidency yet they can never be trusted. Imagine saint Peter Obi hoarding assets acquired with Nigerians tax payers money.

An Igbo Man can never be President if Nigeria. The highest thing is to vote any of their distance Cousins from Rivers, Amaechi Rotimi cheesy grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by madmohamed(m): 5:25am On Oct 07, 2021
freeingzw:

is it any problems how black man think
Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by cybersoldiers: 6:06am On Oct 07, 2021
Why are some Yoruba's so daft that they can't reason well?

Imagine idiots trying peter obi on the pages of newspaper and online.

Igbo's, I hope you've seen that Hausa or Fulani's are never your problems or enemies.

Your real enemies, haters are Yoruba's.

They hate you with strong passion.

Imagine the level of illiterate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by elmessiahs(m): 6:22am On Oct 07, 2021
This Pandora paper will go just like the other one, but I tell you. It's an expose

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by dettolgel: 6:24am On Oct 07, 2021
Please you guys should open their yansh. All Nigerian politicians are demonic and cut from the same cloth.
Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by techWriter3: 7:14am On Oct 07, 2021
Obi Pandora is a thief
Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by celeiyke: 7:21am On Oct 07, 2021
Illiteracy is a disease, so this one doesn't even know an infant can co-own a company.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by JaroMan: 7:59am On Oct 07, 2021
Difrent:

Pointless. The law is blind on this. Peter didn't make the law, he only exploited the lacuna

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by Ovamboland(m): 8:13am On Oct 07, 2021
Felimax:
Obi is free to go!

Criminal mindset as usual

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by Danjikanbauchi: 8:29am On Oct 07, 2021
freeingzw:

He said he does not know he need to report assets that he co-own with his family members which is first a lie.

His first child was born in 1994 which is just 16 years from 2010 when he established the Gabriella Investment Ltd.

That means he co-owned the company with his 16 year child which he developed amnesia such that he could not tell the government of the company existence then.

Nigeria Government should arrest and prosecute Obi Pandora or else we will protest:
poor and hungry Yoruba Muslim, even at the age of 1 you can open a company in your son's name, so all those celebrities buying houses and cars for their children that are not even upto 5 years what should we do with that ? Poor man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by skywalker240(m): 8:34am On Oct 07, 2021
Pandora will fall on every southerner that has 2023 in mind.

Pandora Kwenu. grin
Pandora Ekaaaa arooo ooo. grin
Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by Afamed: 8:35am On Oct 07, 2021
Obi the habitual pathological serial liar. The hypocrite who lies par second billing

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by Tochj(m): 8:44am On Oct 07, 2021
freeingzw:

Do you have laws in Nigeria?
If you have
Why will somebody without certificate be your president?
You remember your dammed Constitution when it's time to punish your political enemies.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by Tochj(m): 8:47am On Oct 07, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Tell me just one politician in your region that can be trusted
Name one.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by AntiBMC(m): 9:13am On Oct 07, 2021
How is this more important than the Pandora paper exposé that Bulhari and Pantami are supporting terrorism? Cl0wns

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him by Bewiseedet(m): 10:54am On Oct 07, 2021
Tochj:
Tell me just one politician in your region that can be trusted Name one.
We are not crying for presidency

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Hail Amaechi, The Dan Amanar Daura / Remember IPOB Celebrated When ESN Killed Police. See Them Now - PHOTOS / Police Prevent Obidients Peaceful Walk In Katsina State(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.