Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,363 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why (3468 Views)

AbdulRashid Maina: EFCC Arrests Former Pension Reform Chairman / EFCC Detains Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu Over 22 Properties.. / BREAKING: Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu In EFCC Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by GoldenEnudi: 11:32am On Oct 07, 2021
GoldenNewsNg reports that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Monday arrested former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, for alleged fraud and failing to explain how he came to own 22 properties in Nigeria, the United States, the United Kingdom and the United Arab Emirates.

According to SaharaReporters, EFCC sources said Ekweremadu was interrogated for several hours in Abuja and allowed to go home later. He is expected to return to the commission for further questioning at a later date.

“Ekweremadu returned to the EFCC to offer explanations on how he acquired many choice properties in Nigeria, United States of America and United Arab Emirates.
“He was with us two weeks ago and also on Monday,” a source said.
This comes three years after Ekweremadu fell ill during interrogation by operatives of the anti-graft commission.

The politician in 2018 took ill after some hours of questioning at the EFCC office in Abuja and was released to seek medical attention.

The Nigerian government had in March 2018 sought an interim order of the Federal High Court, Abuja, to temporarily seize 22 prime properties/assets of Ekweremadu located in London, Dubai, Florida, and Abuja, that were not declared before the CCB.

The motion ex-parte filed by Festus Keyamo (SAN) on behalf of the Special Presidential Investigation Panel for the Recovery of Public Property was brought before the court pursuant to Section 330 of The Administration Of Criminal Justice Act, 2015; Section 8 Of The Recovery Of Public Property (Special Provisions) Act and Section 44 (2)(K) of the 1999 Constitution.

In an affidavit deposed to in support of the motion ex parte by Yohanna Shankuk, a litigation clerk in Festus Keyamo Chambers, he stated that from 1999 till date, Ekweremadu had been a public officer and had not earned anything outside his salaries and allowances as a public officer

Read On : https://goldennewsng.com/2021/10/07/breaking-efcc-arrests-former-senate-president-ekweremadu-see-why/

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by dynicks(m): 11:32am On Oct 07, 2021
Forget it.....Crime exist across borders in this country!!!....

Naija las na survival of the fittest..!!

Na only two we dey wey pure for this country like this so....

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by Shawnnn01: 11:35am On Oct 07, 2021
Ekweremadu de learn work where that big thief fraudulent criminal Peter Obi de. Imagine the bastard looting n saving billions in acct of a 12 year old. I swear e no fit beta for Peter Obi in this life n the next n the fool will be acting like a saint.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by Danjikanbauchi: 11:37am On Oct 07, 2021
Buhari government want to silent the Igbos for ever. And their governors are celebrating.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by Danjikanbauchi: 11:38am On Oct 07, 2021
Shawnnn01:
Ekweremadu de learn work where that big thief fraudulent criminal Peter Obi de. Imagine the bastard looting n saving billions in acct of a 12 year old.i swear e no fit beta for Peter Obi in this life n the next n the fool will be acting like a saint.
and both Obi and madu deh learn work where Tinubu is grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by duro4chang(m): 11:39am On Oct 07, 2021
This man dey suffer o. Upon all the slaps he collected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by hammer567: 11:40am On Oct 07, 2021
DEM MAMA, DEM PAPA...

ARRESTED BECAUSE OF WHAT HE SAID ON CHANNELS TV.

FULANI WANT TO GAGG ALL THE IGBO POLITICIANS.

E REMAIN 1 YEAR FOR 2023 TO REACH.

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT 12 MONTHS NOW.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by hammer567: 11:43am On Oct 07, 2021
ONCE WE ENTER JAN 2022, IT IS LESS THAN A YEAR REMAINING FOR BUHARI AND CABAL TO PACK AND GO.

NIGERIA WILL RATHER DISINTEGRATE VIOLENTLY AND LET THOSE THAT WILL DIE TO DIE AND THOSE THAT WILL SURVIVE TO SURVIVE BEFORE ANY NORTHERNER CALL HIMSELF PRESISDENT COME 2023.

WE ARE ALREADY DIEING, SO IT IS BETTER WE GET PAST THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL TIME AND GET BACK OUR LIVES AFTER THE SACRIFICE.

LESS THAN 12 MONTHS FROM JAN AND IT IS OVER FOR THE NORTH AND FULANI.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by noleflendum: 11:45am On Oct 07, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
Buhari government want to silent the Igbos for ever. And their governors are celebrating.
igo man must wail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by Danjikanbauchi: 11:46am On Oct 07, 2021
noleflendum:
igo man must wail
igo what ? grin
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by hammer567: 11:47am On Oct 07, 2021
noleflendum:
igo man must wail

OPENING SHOT OF A 2ND CIVIL WAR MAY HAVE ALREADY BEEN FIRED.

EITHER WAY, WE WANT OUT OF THE ZOO AND IT IS NOW VERY PLAUSIBLE.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by jlinkd78(m): 11:47am On Oct 07, 2021
Noted
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by JavaScript90: 11:57am On Oct 07, 2021
All corrupt politicians should be held accountable
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by richidinho(m): 11:57am On Oct 07, 2021
Shawnnn01:
Ekweremadu de learn work where that big thief fraudulent criminal Peter Obi de. Imagine the bastard looting n saving billions in acct of a 12 year old.i swear e no fit beta for Peter Obi in this life n the next n the fool will be acting like a saint.

Peter Obi is Nigeria's next president there is nothing you and your lagos/ibadan exprway media trash can do abt it

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by ba7man(m): 11:58am On Oct 07, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
Tinubu has been out of Govt since you were in primary school.

What do you know about him?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by SAM1979: 11:59am On Oct 07, 2021
Ethnic bigot at it again. Those financing terrorism are walking free and untouched.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by Danjikanbauchi: 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2021
ba7man:
Tinubu has been out of Govt since you were in primary school.

What do you know about him?
but not out of stealing NIGERIA money grin saint Tinubu asslicker.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by RZArecta(m): 12:01pm On Oct 07, 2021
This arrest is to distract us from the salient facts of the NASCO debacle cool

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by ba7man(m): 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
but not out of stealing NIGERIA money grin saint Tinubu asslicker.
You lost me the moment you started speaking like a retard.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by techWriter3: 12:11pm On Oct 07, 2021
and both Obi and madu deh understand labors where Tinubu is
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by Corporate2020: 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:

My brother, na God go save us ooo. All of them nah thief, but Tinubu the Jagaban na the most senior treasury looter. But if we try to cover up a thief because he is from our region, then we are not different from the thief.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by SmartPolician: 12:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
This comes three years after Ekweremadu fell ill during interrogation by operatives of the anti-graft commission.

These idiots instantly fall sick whenever they are interrogated for money laundering. This trick is becoming rather stale.

To be honest, I don't know how to blame a lawmaker for stealing public funds. I blame that nonentity who gives lawmakers money to execute projects in their constituencies.

Why do we have federal ministry of works and still award these politicans projects to execute? If there's no money to loot, how possible is it that people will be corrupt? Nigeria is a useless country.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by Onepeople: 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2021
If only Buhari is truly fighting corruption,i won't find it difficult to support him,even if my biological father is involved, because a corrupt politicians mean no good either to his people nor the country at large. But the obvious truth is that this are witch hunt, but i still don't care ,mr ekweremadu if you have looted what you were supposed to use to develop your own constituency to prive pocket pls endeavour to answer even if is my enemy that is calling you. I no get time for rubbish.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by Commentor: 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2021
hammer567:

OPENING SHOT OF A 2ND CIVIL WAR MAY HAVE ALREADY BEEN FIRED.

EITHER WAY, WE WANT OUT OF THE ZOO AND IT IS NOW VERY PLAUSIBLE.

You've been saying this since 2015.

The record no tire you?

Play another tune biko.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by Phiniter(m): 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2021
okay
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by omowolewa: 2:06pm On Oct 07, 2021
Big Men and EFCC are partners
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2021
richidinho:

Peter Obi is Nigeria's next president there is nothing you and your lagos/ibadan exprway media trash can do abt it
Nobody is stopping him from contesting.

Though he has not been showing interest.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by Phiniter(m): 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2021
He should be prosecuted if guilty... but so should all the others who have embraced the ruling party
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by Phiniter(m): 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2021
Shawnnn01:

both of them dey learn from Bubui who has received the largest chunk of Abacha's repatriated loot yet wants to go and borrow more for the fullani caliphate.

but the overall Corleone lives at Bourdillon road where he deals in the bullion industry. currently abroad fortifying himself and undergoing renovations to create more space for more Owo Ile[i]
Shawnnn01:

both of them dey learn from Bubui who has received the largest chunk of Abacha's repatriated loot yet wants to go and borrow more for the fullani caliphate.

but the overall Corleone lives at Bourdillon road where he deals in the bullion industry. currently abroad fortifying himself and undergoing renovations to create more space for more Owo Ile
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by SaiOsinbajo: 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2021
Corporate2020:

My brother, na God go save us ooo. All of them nah thief, but Tinubu the Jagaban na the most senior treasury looter. But if we try to cover up a thief because he is from our region, then we are not different from the thief.

The most sensible comment
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Former Senate President Ekweremadu – See Why by Shawnnn01: 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2021
I will believe that on Tinubu once Pandora expose him or after he as been indicted of any fraud.

Phiniter:

but the overall Corleone lives at Bourdillon road where he deals in the bullion industry. currently abroad fortifying himself and undergoing renovations to create more space for more Owo Ile[i]

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu's Dirty Linen: Osinbajo’s Camp Behind "Urine" Leaks - Reno Omokri / Labour Party Results From Lagos So Far (photos) / Text Of The Full Speech By Gen. Muhammadu Buhari GCFR At Kaduna Rally 02/03/2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.